Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I create an account and made a team but when the day after I came to Battle, my team was not there. I don't know why cause I save my team HELPP

I create an account and made a team but when the day after I came to Battle, my team was not there. I don't know why cause I save my team HELPP
did you clear your cookies? do you not allow PS to use cookies?
or are you playing on the downloadable version? (clearing cookies deletes teams, the downloadable version often deletes teams when you close it)

Why is gender default to random each game instead of forcing the player to chose one? Is it so that moves like Attract don't have an unfair advantage if a Pokemon's gender is set to the opposite of the default?

Yo, im making a server and i want to "link" my custom client to it, but idk how to do that.
-I already have the server working (with its link)
-In my case the server is hosted by glitch.com (if having a server hosted by a website is relevant), so the server files are on cloud and probably cant interact to my PC files (or thats what i think)
-Already pasted "data" from server to client, using testclient.html on chrome goes well.
-

So, now i dont have any clue of how to "send" the client info to my server, have been looking for answer the last three days and nothing.

Ideas of what is wrong?

I just tested natural cure on my copy of Platinum, and it doesn't display any sort of message or animation when activating. So why does it display this message when it activates on Showdown!?
(The opposing Blissey is cured by its Natural Cure!)
You can tell by watching the opponent's Pokéballs that they were cured when they switched out.
Is this true for BW, ORAS, and SM?

Teams are saved locally, so teams you build on one computer can't be accessed from another computer. If you want to use the same teams on multiple computers, then you should click the "import/export" button in the teambuilder, copy the text, and paste it into a Google doc. When you want to use the team, simply click "import/export" again and paste your team.

what the heck happened here?
A careful user would send out Zoroark disguised as another Pokémon with the same level. As it is the client sees through the deception so it shows the real Scolipede and the Zoroark illusion separately.

Tramuntana

formerly SJMistery
A careful user would send out Zoroark disguised as another Pokémon with the same level. As it is the client sees through the deception so it shows the real Scolipede and the Zoroark illusion separately.
Speaking of that, those minifigs allow you to easily track the zoroark, even after the changes. Can't you just code them to get disabled entirely if any Illusion pokemon is present? I'll be happy to help if necessary

Sort of random question, but is showdown payed for only by the ads ran on the website, or is there a donation system that happens? Sort of just pondered this when I was paying for my own site host.

In tournament rounds consisting of best 2 of 3 games for match win: do you have to use the same team for all games within the match or is the expectation that you can switch teams each game (as long as they fit the format legality)?

(I'm new to the forums, and I tried using the Search tool to see where / if this had been asked an answered but it kept giving me errors)

edit: an example to provide clarity. I'm supposed to play a best 2 of 3 match in the Gen 5 OU tournament. Game 1, I bring a rain team and opponent brings a hail team. For game 2, do I have to bring that same team or do I have the option to bring a new team? Is it automatic to reload the same team upon rematch?

Cheese5555

too cheesy
In tournament rounds consisting of best 2 of 3 games for match win: do you have to use the same team for all games within the match or is the expectation that you can switch teams each game (as long as they fit the format legality)?

(I'm new to the forums, and I tried using the Search tool to see where / if this had been asked an answered but it kept giving me errors)

edit: an example to provide clarity. I'm supposed to play a best 2 of 3 match in the Gen 5 OU tournament. Game 1, I bring a rain team and opponent brings a hail team. For game 2, do I have to bring that same team or do I have the option to bring a new team? Is it automatic to reload the same team upon rematch?
I'm assuming this is for Smogon hosted tours, because you can't host a bo3 tour using the showdown tour thing.
This isn't the right place to ask, smogon simple questions would be the right place for the future (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-simple-questions-suggestions-thread.3582200/)
But yeah unless the host specifically says to bring the same team it's usually implied that you can switch teams between games.

Question, where would I put a post about a single set as opposed to an entire team? I have a cool new idea (think new meta but somewhat serious) but it doesn't seem appropriate for any of the places on the forums. Doesn't seem to go in RMT, Metagames, Analysis, B101 (not a noob), or anything like that. Also don't want to bother mods by asking permission for something so small.

Last edited:

Kalalokki

sup
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Visual Media Head
Question, where would I put a post about a single set as opposed to an entire team? I have a cool new idea (think new meta but somewhat serious) but it doesn't seem appropriate for any of the places on the forums. Doesn't seem to go in RMT, Metagames, Analysis, B101 (not a noob), or anything like that. Also don't want to bother mods by asking permission for something so small.
Better to ask stuff like that in the appropriate tier room or Trainer Academy over on PS! instead

Better to ask stuff like that in the appropriate tier room or Trainer Academy over on PS! instead
I've actually been talking a little in the chat rooms about it, but ppl on forums are generally more... organized? in their responses. Also it gets immortalized unless deleted. Also if ur curious its sturdy spec hp ice zone but don't ask what for.

Kalalokki

sup
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Visual Media Head
I've actually been talking a little in the chat rooms about it, but ppl on forums are generally more... organized? in their responses. Also it gets immortalized unless deleted. Also if ur curious its sturdy spec hp ice zone but don't ask what for.
This thread might be what you're looking for then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)