Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Tramuntana

formerly SJMistery
Eh, reading it a bit, doesn't seem likely. More of just people questioning decisions made by staff. Stuff like tier placements, mon bans, move bans, etc.
How about you give us a small peek of the set in question and we discuss wether or not it has potential? Either right here or in the pokemon's analysis page

This is not the place
Yeah, didn't think so. Would it be possible to make a more miscellaneous section in the RMT forums? For just... "Assorted Ideas," so anything that isn't a full-on team. Cores, single sets, interactions, etc.?
I don't know who's in charge of creating forum sections, but I think making a misc. subset would work pretty well. If you know, could you bring the idea to them?

I'm trying to start up a Showdown server and I've gotten as far as downloading sprites so I can add my own Fakémon but I think I'm missing some important files that aren't a part of the server download anymore? Specifically "battledata.js " and "Pokedex-mini.js". I've seen a few threads and I know people say it's hard to add your own Fakémon, but I've been following a tutorial that's been really useful until now. Just curious if they've been renamed, or merged into other files since this tutorial was made.

Any help would be appreciated ^^

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Leader
I'm trying to start up a Showdown server and I've gotten as far as downloading sprites so I can add my own Fakémon but I think I'm missing some important files that aren't a part of the server download anymore? Specifically "battledata.js " and "Pokedex-mini.js". I've seen a few threads and I know people say it's hard to add your own Fakémon, but I've been following a tutorial that's been really useful until now. Just curious if they've been renamed, or merged into other files since this tutorial was made.

Any help would be appreciated ^^
Sprites and the like are a client side thing, in the documentation you linked, the files you mentioned are under the heading "Adding and Modifying Pokemon in Pokemon Showdown's client". I can't really help you with client setup or modification, I don't know enough about it myself at this time.

Sprites and the like are a client side thing, in the documentation you linked, the files you mentioned are under the heading "Adding and Modifying Pokemon in Pokemon Showdown's client". I can't really help you with client setup or modification, I don't know enough about it myself at this time.
ahh, thanks. I had forgot to download the client ^^

Last edited:
Question, where would I put a post about a single set as opposed to an entire team? I have a cool new idea (think new meta but somewhat serious) but it doesn't seem appropriate for any of the places on the forums. Doesn't seem to go in RMT, Metagames, Analysis, B101 (not a noob), or anything like that. Also don't want to bother mods by asking permission for something so small.
You probably want the Creative and Underrated Sets thread.

Reactions: gum
I own a side PS! server, and after last update I've noticed that chat gets cleared a lot more frequently. This is too frequent for our server since we don't have many users, so where in the code could I alter this frequency? And if this is a wrong place to ask, please show me the right thread.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Leader
I own a side PS! server, and after last update I've noticed that chat gets cleared a lot more frequently. This is too frequent for our server since we don't have many users, so where in the code could I alter this frequency? And if this is a wrong place to ask, please show me the right thread.
What do you mean by cleared? If you mean the entire chatroom's history is emptied that only happens when a restart occurs, or if you use a program a custom command to do so. Otherwise i'm unsure what you mean by the chat being cleared.

What do you mean by cleared? If you mean the entire chatroom's history is emptied that only happens when a restart occurs, or if you use a program a custom command to do so. Otherwise i'm unsure what you mean by the chat being cleared.
I guess I worded that wrong, I meant that when I come, I only get chat history for last 2-3 hours or so. I used to see last night messages in the morning back then, and now I don't.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Leader
I guess I worded that wrong, I meant that when I come, I only get chat history for last 2-3 hours or so. I used to see last night messages in the morning back then, and now I don't.
Only the last 100 lines are shown when you connect to a room, not sure where that limit is enforced (client, server, both) so you may or may not be able to tweak that. Basically it means your server is more active than before.

Why cant we search for more than one battle on PS anymore? It is kind of annoying that you have to play every battle until its last turn to be able to search again.

Only the last 100 lines are shown when you connect to a room, not sure where that limit is enforced (client, server, both) so you may or may not be able to tweak that. Basically it means your server is more active than before.
You got me wrong, it's not about lines but about time. Line limit is perfectly fine, but when I connect in the morning, chat is perfectly clear, so I need to tweak time limit.
Is there any other place I can ask about this?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Leader
You got me wrong, it's not about lines but about time. Line limit is perfectly fine, but when I connect in the morning, chat is perfectly clear, so I need to tweak time limit.
Is there any other place I can ask about this?
Not really, even if there was it would be a tech staff member like me answering. Is your server hosted on glitch? It might be automatically restarting overnight due to inactivity which clears chat. Glitch does that, you can check if the server recently restarted with /uptime.

Straight to the topic. Why is h.a clef with softboiled banned from Showdown , and h.a azumarill with whirlpool is not? Both being illegal moves. I've been searching and prolly not using the best keywords for it. Any decent sould cares to explain to me?

PS: Playing a MMO that decided to also ban h.a azu with whirpool while on SD it's legal, so just wondering the main reason why it is allowed.

Straight to the topic. Why is h.a clef with softboiled banned from Showdown , and h.a azumarill with whirlpool is not? Both being illegal moves. I've been searching and prolly not using the best keywords for it. Any decent sould cares to explain to me?

PS: Playing a MMO that decided to also ban h.a azu with whirpool while on SD it's legal, so just wondering the main reason why it is allowed.
Clef cannot learn softboiled except for in gen 3, where the HA it has did not exist.
e: mb, forgot VC did that

Quite Quiet

sleep life away
is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

I moved this post to the SQSA thread, because that's where these questions go. As for the answer, Clefable only learns Soft-Boiled as a Emerald / FRLG tutor move, while its HA is Gen 5 onwards. Azumarill, on the other hand, gets Whirlpool as a TM in GSC (and HGSS), which can be transfered by VC to gen 7 where it will have its HA.

Is it possible to start a server on a mobile device, likecon a tablet?
Possibly, but it would most likely depend heavily on the specific tablet and if there's any Node.js support for your platform (it might, but I doubt it).

I moved this post to the SQSA thread, because that's where these questions go. As for the answer, Clefable only learns Soft-Boiled as a Emerald / FRLG tutor move, while its HA is Gen 5 onwards. Azumarill, on the other hand, gets Whirlpool as a TM in GSC (and HGSS), which can be transfered by VC to gen 7 where it will have its HA.
It learns it as a HM in HGSS (Gen 4) according to Bulba - and since h.a. is Gen 5+, how exactly would you get the HM that's only learnable on a non-h.a. Azu, onto an H.a. azu? (sorry i thought the whole area was to post the question not the thread itself. read it wrong, sorry for trouble)

It learns it as a HM in HGSS (Gen 4) according to Bulba - and since h.a. is Gen 5+, how exactly would you get the HM that's only learnable on a non-h.a. Azu, onto an H.a. azu? (sorry i thought the whole area was to post the question not the thread itself. read it wrong, sorry for trouble)
when you transfer a mon with Virtual Console to gen 7, it gets its HA automatically.

How do old gens create their learnsets? Looking at the code files, there's only ones for Generation II, VGC17, and LGPE, discounting the master one. Does the code there just read moves from a future generation and use those instead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)