The Misspelled Hero!
All the learnsets are in data/learnsets.js for Gens Current(7)-3, since you cant transfer from Gen 2 (bar virtual console which is handled in data/learnsets.js) to future generations, the gen 2 mod has its own learnsets file that handles gens 1 & 2.How do old gens create their learnsets? Looking at the code files, there's only ones for Generation II, VGC17, and LGPE, discounting the master one. Does the code there just read moves from a future generation and use those instead?
The specifics of when and how a pokemon learns a move can be found in the array of strings for each move. ex: Bulbasaur has this entry for growl (
7L3) which means Bulbasaur learns growl in generation 7 (7L3) at level (7L3) 3 (7L3). Other code include:
- L - Level (Gen L Level ex: 7L3)
- M - Technical Machine (Gen M ex: 5M)
- T - Move Tutor (Gen T ex: 3T)
- E - Egg Move (Gen 4E)
- V - Virtual Console Transfer (Gen-post Transfer V ex: 7V)
- S - Special Event (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) (4S0)