Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I want to ask if i can transfer a team from one pc to another
On the team you want to transfer, hit Import/Export next to the bar where you enter a name. Copy the text, and send it to your other PC somehow. Possibly through http://www.pastebin.com or another site like that. (enter the url of the paste you create with the team on the target PC). Then on the PC you want to place the team, hit new team, then hit import from text and place the text there and hit save.

On the team you want to transfer, hit Import/Export next to the bar where you enter a name. Copy the text, and send it to your other PC somehow. Possibly through http://www.pastebin.com or another site like that. (enter the url of the paste you create with the team on the target PC). Then on the PC you want to place the team, hit new team, then hit import from text and place the text there and hit save.
thnx bro

is missingno supposed to be able to be used in gen 1 custom game? Attempting it gives the message "Missingno. is not a real Pokemon." and I thought it seemed weird that I couldn't use it in gen 1. (Thought it might be because of how there might not be a valid sprite)

Is Showdown! supposed to display the exact same messages that the real game would display? Today I just noticed that it displays "A sandstorm kicked up!" in DPP OU when it displays "<Pokemon>'s Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!" in real Pokemon games.

Hi, I've got a question. I've heard of private rooms, and I've seen some people use them, but can't find how to create them. Can someone tell me how?

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to reset my username on PS. It is Tomete, but after I set an away status on another server, my username was kinda affected and had some extra letters added to it. Like this:

https://pokemonshowdown.com/users/tomete
Can someone remove the afk part from my PS username please?
If you do /trn nameyouwant on PS, it should remove the extra afk part until you set it back in.

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
what is the rationale behind making the finding battle before making move restriction not apply to first 5 turns? i asked in help and got a response saying it made it easier to ladder, but i would start a new game near the end of a game when i know i'll win or lose rather than at the beginning and it makes no sense that there's a restriction that starts only after 5 games.

Hello! I was wondering if there is someplace here on the forums to discuss Random Battle. I have some suggestions that I might like to make and I'd love to be able to contribute... but I can't find it.

Thank you!

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
what is the rationale behind making the finding battle before making move restriction not apply to first 5 turns? i asked in help and got a response saying it made it easier to ladder, but i would start a new game near the end of a game when i know i'll win or lose rather than at the beginning and it makes no sense that there's a restriction that starts only after 5 games.
This change has been implemented to discourage people from timestalling at the end of the game, when they know they will lose and are launching another game/waiting for the timer to run out just in case. We made an exception at the beginning of the battles to allow those who want to do multiple at the same time to do so - which some players will typically do to climb the ladder faster.

Plus tech wise I don't know how we would tell the system when it is "near the end of the game" since the score is not really a good indicator here :psywoke:

Question, might of been answered but is there a way to copy a team from a replay? I've seen teams I like but don't know how to use them.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Question, might of been answered but is there a way to copy a team from a replay? I've seen teams I like but don't know how to use them.

There is not, short of just watching it and adding to a new team based on what's revealed in the battle.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
I never dreamed I would be using this thread again lol.

I want to test out my ORAS Ubers team on Showdown, but I can’t find the button to battle on that format! Is it only available on computer or something? (I always play Showdown and talk on Smogon on my IPhone 7)

Raidx

Banned deucer.
Is there a way to disable a phrase containing a hl word without disabling that word itself? Ever since the pokemon direct a few days ago i've been constantly getting hled by things like "raid battles" and "raid boss" and it's very annoying to the point that i seriously thought about changing my name from "Raid" just to stop getting hled every 30 seconds. I'd rather not resort to that so i was wondering if it's possible for me to disable "raid battle" and such from my hls without disabling "raid".

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Is there a way to disable a phrase containing a hl word without disabling that word itself? Ever since the pokemon direct a few days ago i've been constantly getting hled by things like "raid battles" and "raid boss" and it's very annoying to the point that i seriously thought about changing my name from "Raid" just to stop getting hled every 30 seconds. I'd rather not resort to that so i was wondering if it's possible for me to disable "raid battle" and such from my hls without disabling "raid".
Your best option is Regular Expressions (google regexp for more information). It's supported by PS! highlights and can do what you want.
Code:
/highlight add, (foo(?!bar)) <- would highligh on any mentions of foo unless it was used in the word foobar

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Depending on what you're looking for, this might be an ok starting point:
Code:
(raid(?! ?(battle|boss)))
*Highlight on raid unless it is followed by an optional space (optional to avoid both raid boss and raidboss) and then either battle or boss. If you need more than this look up the regexp syntax and it should be easy enough to expand this.

Clicking on the Showdown link on the Smogon homepage gets me a blank page that reads the following:
#0 include_once() called at [/var/www/html/pokemonshowdown.com/index.php:41]
I couldn't find any announcement or bug report, and Google turns up nothing. Is this just me? How can I fix this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)