Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Alakazam Mega base speed is 150 and Mega Swampert base speed is 70 (140 in rain), so Mega Alakazam will outspeed Mega Swampert.
That's not how Swift Swim works. At all. It doesn't double the base stat, but rather the actual stat. Timid Mega Alakazam with maximum Speed EVs reaches a Speed stat of 438. Adamant Mega Swampert with maximum Speed EVs reaches a Speed stat of 239, which when doubled becomes 478.

My guess as to what happened is that the Swampert had less than 172 Speed EVs, probably so it could invest a bit in bulk.

I have a question.
How a kyurem could outspeed my kartana (Timid) with +1spe ? It happened to me and I can't explain that. Even with a scarf it should not be enough, isn't it ?

Kalalokki

sup
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Visual Media Head
I have a question.
How a kyurem could outspeed my kartana (Timid) with +1spe ? It happened to me and I can't explain that. Even with a scarf it should not be enough, isn't it ?
I don't suppose you have a replay of this? My guesses would be that you weren't fully EV'd or IV'd, you went for a negative priority move, or that Kyurem had some added effect to it that boosted its speed or move order priority bracket.

Is it not possible to use /addplayer on an admin? I tested the command on main server and it works fine, but when I run a server on localhost I can't get my alt (regular user) to /addplayer myself (an admin); I get the access denied message. (I'm using /leavebattle first, of course)

EDIT: When I run my bot on the main server it seems to work fine, still curious tho

Last edited:
Hello, I need technical help.

I am hosting a server but everyone who joins my server has the same ip address.

This is because the ISPs in my country don't distribute public IPs. People are forced to use their own DDNS service with the given port number if they want to do port forwarding. That type of service made me become able to do port forwarding and get the server running successfully. However, everyone who joined in the server (including me) had the same IP address which is the server owner IP.

So, there are limitations on my server. For example, people can't have as many battles as they want at the same time because their IP addresses are identical.

Is there anyway to help fix this? I mean to adjust/disable the server limitation... (if possible) or any better way
I know the problem is with my ISP. I just want to know if there is a good solution.

Thanks a lot!

I didn't post in the Technical Support v2 thread because I don't think it fits my question after reading the information needed. If this should be posted in another place, I am really sorry.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Leader
Is there anyway to help fix this? I mean to adjust/disable the server limitation... (if possible) or any better way
Setting Config.fakeladder to true will disable a number of checks for laddering including the user's IPs needing to not match. Most other plugins that perform alt checks will not respect this though, so you would need to manually make an edit to their code. For example, server/tournaments/index.js has the code that handles alt checks when users join a tournament, if you set the allowAlts flag to true, it should allow alts.

Banning scouting in roomtours (/tour scouting off) only bans scouting for games in progress. After the match ends, even those still in the tour can watch. Is this a bug?

If and where may I report a minor visual glitch?

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bug-reports-v3-read-original-post-before-posting.3634749/ <- the OP there says: " This thread is specifically for reporting Pokémon Showdown bugs with battle mechanics or chat commands. " A visual glitch is neither mechanics nor related to chat commands.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ps-model-mod-fixing-thread.3500358/ <- the glitch is not related to sprites

This is the glitch:

"blacephalo" i/o "blacephalon"

Screen resolution 1366×768, laptop, Firefox 68.0.1, Windows 10. As you can see from the screenshot the browser window is maximalized

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Leader
If and where may I report a minor visual glitch?

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bug-reports-v3-read-original-post-before-posting.3634749/ <- the OP there says: " This thread is specifically for reporting Pokémon Showdown bugs with battle mechanics or chat commands. " A visual glitch is neither mechanics nor related to chat commands.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ps-model-mod-fixing-thread.3500358/ <- the glitch is not related to sprites

This is the glitch:

"blacephalo" i/o "blacephalon"

Screen resolution 1366×768, laptop, Firefox 68.0.1, Windows 10. As you can see from the screenshot the browser window is maximalized
It looks like the name is just cut off because its too long to fit on the screen rather, which would be intentional. Feel free to report visual bugs in the bug reports thread.

Cheese5555

too cheesy
scrappie's official tour leaderboards always lag my computer whenever i enter a room that has one of them displayed. is this a common occurrence for everyone or just for me?

I saved a replay, how to I make it find able to others? I'd like to share it with my discord friends, but I don't really know what I'm doing.

The file I saved is as such: file:///C:/Users/Arufa%20Orime/Downloads/Gen7DoublesOU-2019-09-02-nelvini-arufaorime.html
Don't think you can use your files from your computer to upload easily. You should click on "upload and share replay" instead of "download replay" for a probably less convoluted method of doing so.
From there, you look for your replay in replay.pokemonshowdown.com .

Is there a list anywhere that explains the order in which certain effects take place at the end of a turn, like for example it would tell you that damage from sandstorm occurs before your pokemon receives recovery from wish.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Is there a list anywhere that explains the order in which certain effects take place at the end of a turn, like for example it would tell you that damage from sandstorm occurs before your pokemon receives recovery from wish.
SnorlaxMonster had done research on this for Generation 6, which is the closest we have to a complete list for Generation 7. One of the things on my to-do list before the end of the generation is to document the order for Generation 7, to ensure nothing changed.

Rigged938089

Banned deucer.
Game is rigged.

Why is it that I always getting terrible RNG, but my opponents always have perfect RNG?

Clearly, this game is rigged, and it isn't fair.

Game is rigged.

Why is it that I always getting terrible RNG, but my opponents always have perfect RNG?

Clearly, this game is rigged, and it isn't fair.
it's not rigged, you're just suffering from a bout of bad luck.
The RNG works exactly as it does in the main series games - this page has all the details on it if you'd like to look and make sure of it yourself.

Rigged938089

Banned deucer.
it's not rigged, you're just suffering from a bout of bad luck.
The RNG works exactly as it does in the main series games - this page has all the details on it if you'd like to look and make sure of it yourself.
Well that doesn't make me feel much better because after witnessing my opponent get 2-3 crits in a row, every game, always at the most opportune and game changing times, and I cannot get even one crit in 10 attacks.

So then that means my luck is immeasurably bad then. That rate of bad RNG is more or less absent from the main series games.

can someone explain what happened here? i played randbats for the first time in maybe a couple months, and i checked my rank before playing to see how much i was at after all this decay, but looks like the rank i earlier was incorrect

can someone explain what happened here? i played randbats for the first time in maybe a couple months, and i checked my rank before playing to see how much i was at after all this decay, but looks like the rank i earlier was incorrect
afaik this is a case of decay not updating your score until an active event happened to it, such as playing a ranked game. Your actual elo before the game was 1599. This has been around for years but idk if it always works like this or only in some cases.

Rigged938089

Banned deucer.
If the game isn't rigged, why do my opponents crit every other atk, and freeze every time an ice is used?

I never freeze anyone. I have had streaks of 20+ ice moves use, no freeze. There is NO explanation for that. There just is no explanation for that

If the game isn't rigged, why do my opponents crit every other atk, and freeze every time an ice is used?

I never freeze anyone. I have had streaks of 20+ ice moves use, no freeze. There is NO explanation for that. There just is no explanation for that
The code is open source, you can check for yourself. And asked differently, why would anyone want to rig this game to hurt you? RNG sucks sometimes, but no one would get anything by specifically targeting you.

And by the way, the probability of no freeze in 20 moves in a row is like 12%, which means that you were not particularly lucky but 12% is really high enough that it is not weird that it happens.

What's the reasoning behind the minimum of 100 turns before one can offer a draw? I find this happens almost exclusively in the stall versus stall MU (I find, but I can't speak for others), and both players want to draw long before 100 turns is up. A large portion of such games (at least 30 turns in a recent match of mine) is spent switching every turn to save pp and wait until a draw can be made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)