Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I never dreamed I would be using this thread again lol.

I want to test out my ORAS Ubers team on Showdown, but I can’t find the button to battle on that format! Is it only available on computer or something? (I always play Showdown and talk on Smogon on my IPhone 7)

I never dreamed I would be using this thread again lol.

I want to test out my ORAS Ubers team on Showdown, but I can’t find the button to battle on that format! Is it only available on computer or something? (I always play Showdown and talk on Smogon on my IPhone 7)
ORAS Ubers (and indeed all ORAS formats beyond randbats and OU) are challenge only formats, due to inactivity.
You need to challenge someone to it or play a tour, which you could probably find in the Ruins of Alph room.

Is there a way to disable a phrase containing a hl word without disabling that word itself? Ever since the pokemon direct a few days ago i've been constantly getting hled by things like "raid battles" and "raid boss" and it's very annoying to the point that i seriously thought about changing my name from "Raid" just to stop getting hled every 30 seconds. I'd rather not resort to that so i was wondering if it's possible for me to disable "raid battle" and such from my hls without disabling "raid".

Quite Quiet

sleep life away
is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Is there a way to disable a phrase containing a hl word without disabling that word itself? Ever since the pokemon direct a few days ago i've been constantly getting hled by things like "raid battles" and "raid boss" and it's very annoying to the point that i seriously thought about changing my name from "Raid" just to stop getting hled every 30 seconds. I'd rather not resort to that so i was wondering if it's possible for me to disable "raid battle" and such from my hls without disabling "raid".
Your best option is Regular Expressions (google regexp for more information). It's supported by PS! highlights and can do what you want.
Code:
/highlight add, (foo(?!bar)) <- would highligh on any mentions of foo unless it was used in the word foobar

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

sleep life away
is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Depending on what you're looking for, this might be an ok starting point:
Code:
(raid(?! ?(battle|boss)))
*Highlight on raid unless it is followed by an optional space (optional to avoid both raid boss and raidboss) and then either battle or boss. If you need more than this look up the regexp syntax and it should be easy enough to expand this.

Clicking on the Showdown link on the Smogon homepage gets me a blank page that reads the following:
#0 include_once() called at [/var/www/html/pokemonshowdown.com/index.php:41]
I couldn't find any announcement or bug report, and Google turns up nothing. Is this just me? How can I fix this?

I want to fork Showdown! and suggest changing the text displayed when someone types "/ds" without any parameters, but I can't find the file in the Github repository that determines how commands work. Where is that file?

Is there a reason HP percentages don't round in the mathematically correct manner (i.e. 12.1% rounded to 13% displayed rather than to 12%)?

(Ah, so this is the Pokémon Showdown forum. I've been looking for this. I mainly only take part in the Orange Islands forum, being a laid back casual Pokémon player. But I love Showdown also.)

Would it be okay if I asked two separate questions at once? It's to prevent me from double posting. No one likes double posters. I used to be one. Not fun. Where was I? Oh, yes, of course. Ahem.

1. Where could I go if I wanted to show off some of my ideas for Showdown metagames that I've came up with ideas for? I have a ton of cool ideas and I really want to share some of them online. Preferably, the most popular ideas would even be playable in the future. Where would I go to show these off?

2. I'm a huge fan of Past Gens OU and quite frankly wish all Past Gens formats were more active. Every now and then, I notice that the Ruins of Alph rotation has various altered versions of Past Gens OU metas. For example, at the time of me typing this, there's two of them, one for Gen 1 banning the top 4 Pokémon in the meta and another for Gen 3 allowing freaking Latias in the game. (Who thought that was a good idea?) My question is simply this. Is there a complete list of all of those format variations online, and if there is, where can I find it?

Sorry if this was a lot to take in but I really didn't wanna double post. Thanks for reading :D

1. Where could I go if I wanted to show off some of my ideas for Showdown metagames that I've came up with ideas for? I have a ton of cool ideas and I really want to share some of them online. Preferably, the most popular ideas would even be playable in the future. Where would I go to show these off?
https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/other-metagames.394/

This section should help you with that. Check for a thread named Metagame Workshop to share an idea.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Leader
I'm a huge fan of Past Gens OU and quite frankly wish all Past Gens formats were more active. Every now and then, I notice that the Ruins of Alph rotation has various altered versions of Past Gens OU metas. For example, at the time of me typing this, there's two of them, one for Gen 1 banning the top 4 Pokémon in the meta and another for Gen 3 allowing freaking Latias in the game. (Who thought that was a good idea?) My question is simply this. Is there a complete list of all of those format variations online, and if there is, where can I find it?
The Ruins of Alph forum votes on rotational ladders each month, you can see last month's vote here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/roa-communitys-choice-ladder-july-2019-adv-ou-latias.3651533/

Also welcome to the PS forum! And its fine to ask multiple questions at once, I appreciate you not flooding the forum.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/other-metagames.394/

This section should help you with that. Check for a thread named Metagame Workshop to share an idea.
I'll be sure to; thanks a lot!

The Ruins of Alph forum votes on rotational ladders each month, you can see last month's vote here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/roa-communitys-choice-ladder-july-2019-adv-ou-latias.3651533/

Also welcome to the PS forum! And its fine to ask multiple questions at once, I appreciate you not flooding the forum.
Thank you as well, kind sir. Both answers from you guys help a lot.

Maybe a dumb question, but I just made a new alt for UU's suspect. I've only played one game on it, and it says the alt was created today, but that I already have a record of 16-7. Is this carried over from my other alts? Will resetting clear everything including my GXE? Is it even worth resetting since the suspect test doesn't have a maximum games limit? Thanks!

I have the software version of this for Windows (an actual downloadable program to play this on instead of having to use a web browser).
I'm trying to get into Ubuntu but can't seem to find anything similar (I can't even find the Windows download anymore) except for the server.
Is this even a thing for Ubuntu or am I limited to using Firefox?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Leader
I have the software version of this for Windows (an actual downloadable program to play this on instead of having to use a web browser).
I'm trying to get into Ubuntu but can't seem to find anything similar (I can't even find the Windows download anymore) except for the server.
Is this even a thing for Ubuntu or am I limited to using Firefox?
We only have a windows downloadable currently.

Yo I was battling a rain team guy he started with politoed and I a Koko he switched to Swampert and I alakazam then we both mega evolved I mega evolved first so I traced his torrent then he mega evolved changing his ability to swift swim... How did I move first?

Alumn

Become ONE
is a Pre-Contributor
Yo I was battling a rain team guy he started with politoed and I a Koko he switched to Swampert and I alakazam then we both mega evolved I mega evolved first so I traced his torrent then he mega evolved changing his ability to swift swim... How did I move first?
Alakazam Mega base speed is 150 and Mega Swampert base speed is 70 (140 in rain), so Mega Alakazam will outspeed Mega Swampert.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)