Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I want to fork Showdown! and suggest changing the text displayed when someone types "/ds" without any parameters, but I can't find the file in the Github repository that determines how commands work. Where is that file?

Is there a reason HP percentages don't round in the mathematically correct manner (i.e. 12.1% rounded to 13% displayed rather than to 12%)?

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
(Ah, so this is the Pokémon Showdown forum. I've been looking for this. I mainly only take part in the Orange Islands forum, being a laid back casual Pokémon player. But I love Showdown also.)

Would it be okay if I asked two separate questions at once? It's to prevent me from double posting. No one likes double posters. I used to be one. Not fun. Where was I? Oh, yes, of course. Ahem.

1. Where could I go if I wanted to show off some of my ideas for Showdown metagames that I've came up with ideas for? I have a ton of cool ideas and I really want to share some of them online. Preferably, the most popular ideas would even be playable in the future. Where would I go to show these off?

2. I'm a huge fan of Past Gens OU and quite frankly wish all Past Gens formats were more active. Every now and then, I notice that the Ruins of Alph rotation has various altered versions of Past Gens OU metas. For example, at the time of me typing this, there's two of them, one for Gen 1 banning the top 4 Pokémon in the meta and another for Gen 3 allowing freaking Latias in the game. (Who thought that was a good idea?) My question is simply this. Is there a complete list of all of those format variations online, and if there is, where can I find it?

Sorry if this was a lot to take in but I really didn't wanna double post. Thanks for reading :D

1. Where could I go if I wanted to show off some of my ideas for Showdown metagames that I've came up with ideas for? I have a ton of cool ideas and I really want to share some of them online. Preferably, the most popular ideas would even be playable in the future. Where would I go to show these off?
https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/other-metagames.394/

This section should help you with that. Check for a thread named Metagame Workshop to share an idea.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'm a huge fan of Past Gens OU and quite frankly wish all Past Gens formats were more active. Every now and then, I notice that the Ruins of Alph rotation has various altered versions of Past Gens OU metas. For example, at the time of me typing this, there's two of them, one for Gen 1 banning the top 4 Pokémon in the meta and another for Gen 3 allowing freaking Latias in the game. (Who thought that was a good idea?) My question is simply this. Is there a complete list of all of those format variations online, and if there is, where can I find it?
The Ruins of Alph forum votes on rotational ladders each month, you can see last month's vote here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/roa-communitys-choice-ladder-july-2019-adv-ou-latias.3651533/

Also welcome to the PS forum! And its fine to ask multiple questions at once, I appreciate you not flooding the forum.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/other-metagames.394/

This section should help you with that. Check for a thread named Metagame Workshop to share an idea.
I'll be sure to; thanks a lot!

The Ruins of Alph forum votes on rotational ladders each month, you can see last month's vote here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/roa-communitys-choice-ladder-july-2019-adv-ou-latias.3651533/

Also welcome to the PS forum! And its fine to ask multiple questions at once, I appreciate you not flooding the forum.
Thank you as well, kind sir. Both answers from you guys help a lot.

Maybe a dumb question, but I just made a new alt for UU's suspect. I've only played one game on it, and it says the alt was created today, but that I already have a record of 16-7. Is this carried over from my other alts? Will resetting clear everything including my GXE? Is it even worth resetting since the suspect test doesn't have a maximum games limit? Thanks!

I have the software version of this for Windows (an actual downloadable program to play this on instead of having to use a web browser).
I'm trying to get into Ubuntu but can't seem to find anything similar (I can't even find the Windows download anymore) except for the server.
Is this even a thing for Ubuntu or am I limited to using Firefox?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I have the software version of this for Windows (an actual downloadable program to play this on instead of having to use a web browser).
I'm trying to get into Ubuntu but can't seem to find anything similar (I can't even find the Windows download anymore) except for the server.
Is this even a thing for Ubuntu or am I limited to using Firefox?
We only have a windows downloadable currently.

Yo I was battling a rain team guy he started with politoed and I a Koko he switched to Swampert and I alakazam then we both mega evolved I mega evolved first so I traced his torrent then he mega evolved changing his ability to swift swim... How did I move first?

Alumn

Sukcesu cena
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yo I was battling a rain team guy he started with politoed and I a Koko he switched to Swampert and I alakazam then we both mega evolved I mega evolved first so I traced his torrent then he mega evolved changing his ability to swift swim... How did I move first?
Alakazam Mega base speed is 150 and Mega Swampert base speed is 70 (140 in rain), so Mega Alakazam will outspeed Mega Swampert.

Alakazam Mega base speed is 150 and Mega Swampert base speed is 70 (140 in rain), so Mega Alakazam will outspeed Mega Swampert.
That's not how Swift Swim works. At all. It doesn't double the base stat, but rather the actual stat. Timid Mega Alakazam with maximum Speed EVs reaches a Speed stat of 438. Adamant Mega Swampert with maximum Speed EVs reaches a Speed stat of 239, which when doubled becomes 478.

My guess as to what happened is that the Swampert had less than 172 Speed EVs, probably so it could invest a bit in bulk.

I have a question.
How a kyurem could outspeed my kartana (Timid) with +1spe ? It happened to me and I can't explain that. Even with a scarf it should not be enough, isn't it ?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I have a question.
How a kyurem could outspeed my kartana (Timid) with +1spe ? It happened to me and I can't explain that. Even with a scarf it should not be enough, isn't it ?
I don't suppose you have a replay of this? My guesses would be that you weren't fully EV'd or IV'd, you went for a negative priority move, or that Kyurem had some added effect to it that boosted its speed or move order priority bracket.

Mathy

i'm not chien pao
is a Programmeris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Is it not possible to use /addplayer on an admin? I tested the command on main server and it works fine, but when I run a server on localhost I can't get my alt (regular user) to /addplayer myself (an admin); I get the access denied message. (I'm using /leavebattle first, of course)

EDIT: When I run my bot on the main server it seems to work fine, still curious tho

Last edited:
Hello, I need technical help.

I am hosting a server but everyone who joins my server has the same ip address.

This is because the ISPs in my country don't distribute public IPs. People are forced to use their own DDNS service with the given port number if they want to do port forwarding. That type of service made me become able to do port forwarding and get the server running successfully. However, everyone who joined in the server (including me) had the same IP address which is the server owner IP.

So, there are limitations on my server. For example, people can't have as many battles as they want at the same time because their IP addresses are identical.

Is there anyway to help fix this? I mean to adjust/disable the server limitation... (if possible) or any better way
I know the problem is with my ISP. I just want to know if there is a good solution.

Thanks a lot!

I didn't post in the Technical Support v2 thread because I don't think it fits my question after reading the information needed. If this should be posted in another place, I am really sorry.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Is there anyway to help fix this? I mean to adjust/disable the server limitation... (if possible) or any better way
Setting Config.fakeladder to true will disable a number of checks for laddering including the user's IPs needing to not match. Most other plugins that perform alt checks will not respect this though, so you would need to manually make an edit to their code. For example, server/tournaments/index.js has the code that handles alt checks when users join a tournament, if you set the allowAlts flag to true, it should allow alts.

Banning scouting in roomtours (/tour scouting off) only bans scouting for games in progress. After the match ends, even those still in the tour can watch. Is this a bug?

If and where may I report a minor visual glitch?

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bug-reports-v3-read-original-post-before-posting.3634749/ <- the OP there says: " This thread is specifically for reporting Pokémon Showdown bugs with battle mechanics or chat commands. " A visual glitch is neither mechanics nor related to chat commands.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ps-model-mod-fixing-thread.3500358/ <- the glitch is not related to sprites

This is the glitch:

"blacephalo" i/o "blacephalon"

Screen resolution 1366×768, laptop, Firefox 68.0.1, Windows 10. As you can see from the screenshot the browser window is maximalized

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
If and where may I report a minor visual glitch?

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bug-reports-v3-read-original-post-before-posting.3634749/ <- the OP there says: " This thread is specifically for reporting Pokémon Showdown bugs with battle mechanics or chat commands. " A visual glitch is neither mechanics nor related to chat commands.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ps-model-mod-fixing-thread.3500358/ <- the glitch is not related to sprites

This is the glitch:

"blacephalo" i/o "blacephalon"

Screen resolution 1366×768, laptop, Firefox 68.0.1, Windows 10. As you can see from the screenshot the browser window is maximalized
It looks like the name is just cut off because its too long to fit on the screen rather, which would be intentional. Feel free to report visual bugs in the bug reports thread.

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
scrappie's official tour leaderboards always lag my computer whenever i enter a room that has one of them displayed. is this a common occurrence for everyone or just for me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)