Programming Pokémon Showdown Damage Calculator

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Normalize doesn't appear to be boosting Normal-type moves. Quickly checked by manually setting Double-Edge to Electric-type and got a different result than Normal-typed Double Edge.

236 Atk Life Orb Normalize Skitty Double-Edge vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 12-16 (44.4 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Skitty Double-Edge vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 9-13 (33.3 - 48.1%) -- 87.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Normalize should boost all damaging moves bar moves that can change type like Judgment or Weather Ball, even if they remain Normal.
Fixed

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey. I've noticed that the calc isn't calculating Pokemons' HP properly and instead calculates Pokemons' HP stat as if it was any other stat. e.g The Kartana in the screenshot attached has a much lower HP stat than in reality, leading to a very wrong calc.
Fixed sorry I fixed alt formes not getting their needed HP when switching and didn’t even realize that. I’m bad and don’t play Pokémon

Reactions: gum
I made a post November 2018, but it seems the issue hasn´t been adressed. So in case you overlooked it:
Certain Blank Sets take over the HP from the Pokemon you looked up earlier. Example: If I open the calc, it shows me Abomasnow with 321 HP. Now I search for Muk (Blank Set) and Muk appears with 321 HP (at full HP). This is also true for Altaria (and I assume other Pokemon too).

Austin

Schismatic
I made a post November 2018, but it seems the issue hasn´t been adressed. So in case you overlooked it:
Certain Blank Sets take over the HP from the Pokemon you looked up earlier. Example: If I open the calc, it shows me Abomasnow with 321 HP. Now I search for Muk (Blank Set) and Muk appears with 321 HP (at full HP). This is also true for Altaria (and I assume other Pokemon too).
I actually don’t know what causes this so I’ll have to investigate, sorry about the delay but I promise this will get fixed.

Austin

Schismatic
Here I am again, and again with a mold breaker issue:
Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. Levitate Rotom-Wash: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

Mold Breaker is supposed to break through levitate but here it doesn't. (same issue with teravolt)
Clear your cache

Austin

Schismatic
manectric-mega has two sets on the calc (all out attacker and offensive pivot) which have the same moves and have the same evs (the only difference is that 4 def evs were moved to spdef but that makes no practical difference in almost any scenario)

edit can't read and just saw that one's uu and one's ou but there's still no difference between them so idk
They are ripped from smogon analysis’ so you’d have to complain to uu or ou cc I guess to change that

Austin

Schismatic
I went through all the old analysis’s (ADV-BW) and added an ability property to every mon that was missing one. From now on you should be able to import any Pokémon set from smogon without having a “(none)” ability. Hopefully this is somewhat helpful because it took countless of hours.

Austin

Schismatic
Fire Fang should hit through Wonder Guard in Gen IV, but it doesn't currently register on the calc:

Arcanine Fire Fang vs. Wonder Guard Spiritomb: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

Beat Up, Future Sight, and Doom Desire all also deal typeless damage before Gen V and thus should hit through Wonder Guard in both Gen III & IV:

Gardevoir Future Sight vs. Wonder Guard Shedinja: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time
Jirachi Doom Desire vs. Wonder Guard Shedinja: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

(I assume Beat Up isn't added because it'd be a nightmare to implement.)
Done

Austin

Schismatic
Changing forme to Zygarde 10%/50% to its Complete Forme will not change its HP stat:
View attachment 109640View attachment 109641

Also, the sandstorm damage is not counted:
64+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Whimsicott: 242-288 (92.7 - 110.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
64+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Whimsicott: 242-288 (92.7 - 110.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after sandstorm damage
fixed

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It seems like the "Mold Breaker move" (aka Sunsteel Strike, Moongeist Beam and Photon Geyser) do not ignore Unaware in calulator.

https://imgur.com/a/XPqpZ4L boosted Mold Breaker move on Calc

Ingame damage :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-906754873 Moongeist Beam damage
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-906751761 Sunsteel Strike damage
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-906749785 Photon Geyser damage
ps : Worry Seed Audino and Air Lock NDM/Gengar have been used to prove that it was good Unaware on Ogre and that I had not used ability boosted damage like Adaptability

Austin

Schismatic
hey austin, i discovered an issue with the way stat boots and drops are measured in gsc. in gens 1 and 2 when you drop your speed stat by one stage it's dropped to 66/100 and not 67/100 like in gen 3 and above. the damage calc however implements 67/100 for gen 2, which causes the following, for example:

in reality, a machamp after two curses and a snorlax after one curse speed tie at 104 speed, as seen here when machamp moves first:

i'm not sure what you guys can do with this, but i figured it was worth reporting. :psyglad:
I got my hand sliced and have stitches on my hand + I have to move so I’ll take at look at it when I can use my hand and when I have everything set up but it seems like an easy enough fix :)

Is there a nodejs version? I'd really like to use this in my own project. I tried to convert it by hand, but it was taking forever, and once an update comes out, well, I'd be screwed.

Weather ball, when used in a weather doubles in power and changes to that type, in rain this is also a 1.5 boost (because its now a water type move) however when using z weather ball you have to use normalium z. When using the z move it will say something along the lines of "breakneck blitz turned into hydro vortex due to the weather" your z weather ball move is a water type move so it should theoretically get the 1.5x boost from the rain. However in the damage calculator it still is listed as breakneck blitz even when the rain is turned on, and their is no difference in power between in the rain and not in the rain. Am I completely missing something? Or shouldn't z weather ball get a boost from the rain? sorry if I'm missing something and being dumb.
Screenshot_2019-06-09 A Pokémon Calculator(1).png
Screenshot_2019-06-09 A Pokémon Calculator(2).png

Hey, instead of defaulting to ZU Abomasnow, could the calc instead default to Blank Set Mew? It would make comparing the raw strength of Pokemon easier, as the most the user would need to do is set Mew's type to None, or give it Hyper Beam and/or Giga Impact for comparing bulk.

Also, I hope your recovery has been going well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)