Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
If the Zoroark switches out before its Illusion is broken, then there would still be two Blissey. But once the Illusion is broken, the fake Blissey in the sidebar gets replaced by Zoroark.
That would not solve a lot of the situations I get complaints about 7 pokemon for.

This one

(But also if the Zoroark faints from residual damage before its Illusion is broken)
Wouldn't those just result in a duplicate mon and Zoroark not being revealed? I don't play rand bats often, so I don't actually know what happens in these scenarios, but I don't see why these would be problematic.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Wouldn't those just result in a duplicate mon and Zoroark not being revealed? I don't play rand bats often, so I don't actually know what happens in these scenarios, but I don't see why these would be problematic.
Zoroark could still switch in later (or earlier) and get revealed then.

Anyway, I pushed a compromise fix, it's probably the best I can do.

I honestly have no clue what you want me to do here.

Yes, Zoroark makes it look like you have more Pokémon than you actually have. That's how Illusion works.

https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/abilities/illusion

"When this Pokemon switches in, it appears as the last unfainted Pokemon in its party until it takes direct damage from another Pokemon's attack. This Pokemon's actual level and HP are displayed instead of those of the mimicked Pokemon."

Zoroark imitated the Blissey, making it look like they had two Blisseys. How else do you want it to work? Please, tell me, I hate getting this report but I have no clue what to do about it.
If u watch the clip till the end you will see how the opponent has an extra pokemon.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-997045934

On turn 1 my Ampharos uses Present and says its own HP is full. I'm thinking it targeted itself somehow or it targeted Farfetch'd (their HPs were full too) and it's saying the wrong name because of these new HP messages, I don't know. Either way something's not right here.
-EDIT: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-997062244 Present works to heal on turn 4 this match at least.

EDIT:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-997055144
In this match I got Imprisoned while out of PP, and still got this Imprison warning message when I was forced to use Struggle. It's so uncommon and niche but it felt weird. I wonder if this can show up if you have to Recharge or something.

Also I just noticed that in the screenshot it says "(Transformed into Audino-Mega" but doesn't end the bracket. It seems to be the transform line's typo, nothing specific to the Pokemon choice.

1571799019306.png

EDIT 2:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-997068413
Another observation. On Turn 11, Gravity is in play and my Silvally (transformed) uses Sky Drop (thru Metronome) successfully. On Turn 12 he can't use it due to Gravity and falls back down. Currently I can't test if you can use Sky Drop through a caller move but I'd expect it to fail on the first half.

The spoilered screenshots show another thing. After the failed Sky Drop on turn 12, the hover displays for moves get a bit odd. Silvally obtains a Sky Drop (5/5) and the enemy Venusaur gets a "Sky Drop" listing too, even though it was the victim. I know moves can also get added to the user when you fail a called 2 turn move in general, but that's usually via Choice items. This scenario is a first for me.

1571801392028.png
1571801403968.png

Last edited:
Toxic. Usually, the % damage it deals each turn will increase, but sometimes it remains constant. It isn't anything to do with abilities, as far as I can tell, as it most recently happened to me when I poisoned a Lugia and the damage at the end of every turn was 12%. When this happens seems random, and I have no idea why. If a replay would be helpful, I'll try and upload the replay in future

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Toxic. Usually, the % damage it deals each turn will increase, but sometimes it remains constant. It isn't anything to do with abilities, as far as I can tell, as it most recently happened to me when I poisoned a Lugia and the damage at the end of every turn was 12%. When this happens seems random, and I have no idea why. If a replay would be helpful, I'll try and upload the replay in future
Please always provide replays when reporting bugs, they are essential for understanding and fixing bugs.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Were you playing RBY or GSC by any chance? Toxic reverts to regular poison upon switching out in these generations.

After the failed Sky Drop on turn 12, the hover displays for moves get a bit odd. Silvally obtains a Sky Drop (5/5) and the enemy Venusaur gets a "Sky Drop" listing too, even though it was the victim.
The bug here is that the tooltips show a called two-turn move as belonging to Silvally.

(Normally, if Mew was to transform into something knowing (but not having used) Sky Drop, and then Mew uses Sky Drop, that would reveal that the Pokémon that Mew transformed into knows Sky Drop.)

Synchronoise hitting Deoxys
We know about this. Hopefully my fix is close to landing!

So I think there's something wrong with Zoroark in randombattles. It's lvl 100 and when I sent it in it had the appearance of Naganadel, but in the preview it showed it was a Zoroark, which isn't supposed to happen. Now Zoroark has always been messy with the preview. Showing up as a secondary Naganadel(Or any other mon) which also immediately reveals that you have a Zoroark, but it has never happened this way.
People kept on complaining when it showed up as a secondary copy so Zarel rewrote the code to show that there were some sort of Illusion shenanigans going on (which you knew already but this way it's less confusing for most players).

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Yea but this way it gives it away in an even more obvious way... Also it's still level 100. That's OP and I'm not convinced it's supposed to be like that. So there's still a bug
It's level 100 because Delibird is level 100. It's set to a level where it can imitate the Pokémon in your last slot, which in this case was Delibird. If you use it to imitate any other Pokémon, its level will be wrong and it will be revealed as a Zoroark in the Pokémon list.

Hol up so Zoroark was pre-set to the same level as the mon in my last slot? So even if Delibird dies it will still be lvl 100? I've never heard of that mechanic before. I always thought Zoroark had its own level resembling its slot in RU-BL and that the illusion would keep that hidden until it was revealed.
Are you sure that it was not a bug? It seems kinda OP to have a possible level 100 Zoroark.
Sorry if I keep rambling about this. Just want to be sure we all understand the situation
Yes. Zoroark is the level of the "default" Illusion'd Pokemon. If you "misplay" and make it Illusion something else, your opponent will know it's a Zoroark because it will show a duplicate in the sidebar. Without this "mechanic", it would always show a duplicate in the sidebar. This makes Zoroark more viable in Random Battle rather than being easily predicted. There's nothing more to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)