[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

I Want this to be real can u guys check for me?
Species:
Language: Idk
Species: Gardevoir
OT: Flexii. YTUBE
ID No. 57295
IVs Idk how say it
EVs IdK
Ability: Trace
Pokemon's name: Gardevoir
Level: 100
Pokeball: Normal Pokeball
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon/Cross:EVERY SHAPE
Moves:Psyshock,MoonBlast,Trick,Shadow Ball
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: The Kalos Region
Characteristic:Capable of taking hits
Ribbons:Hoenn Champion Badge,Kalos Champion Badge,Best Friends,Alert Ribbon,Traning Ribbon,Skillful Battler,Expert Battle,Effort Ribbon,Shock Ribbon,Downcast ribbon,Careless Ribbon,Relax Ribbon,Snooze Ribbon,,Smile Ribbon,Gorgeous Ribbon,Royal Ribbon,Gorgeous Royal Ribbon
Other comments (optional): PLEASE HELP MEEEE
As a rule of thumb: if a Pokémon has "YTUBE", ".TV" or any link/URL in its OT, you can be sure that it's a hacked Pokémon.
Pokétubers and Twitch streamers pump these out en masse to advertize their channels and streams.

AuSLoveTV and Sakati.TV are notorious prime examples of this.
Not to mention it apparently has "every shape", which is impossible: a Pokemon cannot have the kalos-native diamond and the alola-native clover at the same time. Unless you confused the user-applied markings (circle, heart, diamond, star, triangle, square) with the automatically applied ones (Game Boy, pentagon, clover).

Oh, and if it doesn't have the pentagon but says it came from Kalos, it's also a blatant hack.

With the release of Pokémon HOME, I was ready to transfer lots of Pokémon. However, I am not sure if I am able to transfer two Pokémon: Shiny Zekrom and Kyurem. Kind regards.

Language: ENG
Species: Zekrom
OT: Brad
ID No.: 37403
IVs: Unidentifiable (no markings given)
EVs (optional): Unsure
Ability: Teravolt
Pokemon's name: Terabolt
Pokeball: Master Ball
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): Pentagon
Moves: Bolt Strike, Draco Meteor, Outrage, Volt Switch
Nature: Naughty
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Ribbons: None.
Other comments (optional):

Language: JPN
Species: Kyurem
OT: ゆうひ (Yuuhi)
ID No.: 11790
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (shown by markings)
EVs (optional): Unsure.
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: キュレム
Level: 85
Pokeball: Great Ball
Shiny?: No
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): Pentagon
Moves: Glaciate, Outrage, Blizzard, Endeavor
Nature: Bold
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about.
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional):

Xucrute

mt tchola
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there fren, since you don't seem to know who originally caught those I'd say it's safe to assume them as hacked, the Zekrom is 6IV with max speed and attack EVs, with a good nature, pokerus and shiny on top of that (which might've been RNG'ed but again you don't seem to know who caught it). As for Kyurem the IVs and EVs don't seem much, the defense and special attack IVs aren't perfect, it's level 85, with a non optimal nature and messy EVs, might be legit but I wouldn't trust it be. I could take a look at them if you want more info on them.

Hey there fren, since you don't seem to know who originally caught those I'd say it's safe to assume them as hacked, the Zekrom is 6IV with max speed and attack EVs, with a good nature, pokerus and shiny on top of that (which might've been RNG'ed but again you don't seem to know who caught it). As for Kyurem the IVs and EVs don't seem much, the defense and special attack IVs aren't perfect, it's level 85, with a non optimal nature and messy EVs, might be legit but I wouldn't trust it be. I could take a look at them if you want more info on them.
Although I do remember that Zekrom was a link trade, and Kyurem may have been from the GTS, I thought I posted the OTs... (unless you are actually referring to my ability of identifying the real people that got them). Thank you so much.

Species: Reshiram
OT: RoC
ID No.: 56600
IVs: All Best
Ability: Turboblaze
Pokemon's name: Reshiram
Pokeball: Ultra
Pentagon/Cross? Pentagon
Moves: Blue Flare, Draco Meteor, Roost, Stone Edge.
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: It's alert to sounds!
Ribbons: None.
Other comments (optional): Traded away my extra Shiny GMax Charizard with HA and 4IV for another person's Shiny Reshiram. They are not the original trainer as seen above. It has Pokerus.

Xucrute

mt tchola
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, although the Reshiram witht these characteristics is possible you better assuming it's not a legit pokemon, RoC is a contributor to ProjectPokemon so it's very common to have his OT tied to a pokemon on GTS and WT/ST, RoC's database has a ultra ball pentagon Reshiram with this TID, but the nature is Rash, it's not shiny and its IVs aren't perfect, so it's most likely that someone edited the one from RoC's collection and traded it to you.

Hey, although the Reshiram witht these characteristics is possible you better assuming it's not a legit pokemon, RoC is a contributor to ProjectPokemon so it's very common to have his OT tied to a pokemon on GTS and WT/ST, RoC's database has a ultra ball pentagon Reshiram with this TID, but the nature is Rash, it's not shiny and its IVs aren't perfect, so it's most likely that someone edited the one from RoC's collection and traded it to you.
Thanks for the insight! Unforunately I am new to this whole trading while being wary of genned/hacked pokemon so I wasn't careful enough to be skeptical upon the time of trading, only carrying the info that people are willing to trade leggies for shiny gmaxs especially with HAs. The good part is that I don't feel scammed as I traded an extra GMAX away, and have another single extra of the Charizard on hand. Just a little disappointed. aha.

What are some next steps to handling a hackedmon so I can avoid jeopardizing my game play? I've seen general info where hackedmon should be avoided from usage when participating in ranked/competitive battles. I rarely do such so I guess I am fine, but I am also worried of any risks that I might be lumped in the bunch of people who are playing the game unfairly and thus being subjected to punishments like being banned.

In regards to the Pokémon HOME GTS, I’ve been seeing many a Zacian with nicknames of “LOOK THE OT” with all of them having the OT being someone named “PokeFlash,” all level 100, all in Quick Balls, all having Adamant natures. I suspect that PokeFlash is genning the same Zacian, so don’t take Zacians with the nickname “LOOK THE OT,” no matter who they come from. Can you please make a HOME-specific section with specific OTs to look out for when perusing the GTS?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
What are some next steps to handling a hackedmon so I can avoid jeopardizing my game play? I've seen general info where hackedmon should be avoided from usage when participating in ranked/competitive battles. I rarely do such so I guess I am fine, but I am also worried of any risks that I might be lumped in the bunch of people who are playing the game unfairly and thus being subjected to punishments like being banned.
If you're that worried, then don't use anything you can't verify or didn't catch yourself. If it's hacked (or suspect it is) and you're never going to use it because of that, might as well release it to save box space. Your best option is to only trade in reputable communities like this one, which prohibits the trading of hacks. Welcome to Smogon btw!

Can you please make a HOME-specific section with specific OTs to look out for when perusing the GTS?
If something becomes very prevalent it'll be added to the OP (for example, AusLove) under the common hacked OTs section. Trying to list every (or many) OT that we come across that's hacked is a bit too big of a undertaking, as I'm sure you'll find the GTS is riddled with them and it's a very common outlet for streamers who gen their Pokemon. That said, I've added PokeFlash to the OP, thanks. Assuming it's the same PokeFlash I'm thinking of, those are definitely genned.

Species: Keldeo
OT: WIN2013
ID No.: 01163
Ability: justified
Pokemon's name: Keldeo
Pokeball: Cherish (all red event ball)
Shiny?: no
Pentagon/Cross: Nothing? (Didn’t see any)
Moves: Secret sword, swords dance, hydro pump, aqua jet. (I put secret sword on him to transform, originally came with sacred sword.)
Region of origin: Unova
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon

notes: I don’t remember how I got this. I logged into my 3ds and transferred into bank into home into sword. This is all I know. I might have traded it back in the day. Never used gts. I’m 99% sure it’s hacked but ot and id seem to be good it’s just the ivs I’m worried about.

Species: Keldeo
OT: WIN2013
ID No.: 01163
Ability: justified
Pokemon's name: Keldeo
Pokeball: Cherish (all red event ball)
Pentagon/Cross: Nothing? (Didn’t see any)
Moves: Secret sword, swords dance, hydro pump, aqua jet. (I put secret sword on him to transform, originally came with sacred sword.)
Region of origin: Unova
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon

notes: I don’t remember how I got this. I logged into my 3ds and transferred into bank into home into sword. This is all I know. I might have traded it back in the day. Never used gts. I’m 99% sure it’s hacked but ot and id seem to be good it’s just the ivs I’m worried about.
Info given matches up with an B2W2 event perfectly, and given it was a Wi-Fi event, could be RNG’d for perfect IVs. Seems legit to me.

Seems legal (no way of knowing if it's actually legit), but if you're 99% sure it's hacked it's a moot point anyway. Best play it safe and assume it is hacked if you're that uncertain.
I was just saying 99% because I thought that it couldn’t have perfect ivs. But if it could now I don’t want to part with it.

"Sport Ball + Hidden Ability is not legitimately possible "

~Caterpie
~Combee
~Nincada
I list these because you can only breed these in gen 8 atm

Shouldn't this line be change for some pokemon in gen 7/8 due to the way same species transfer pass down the ball now?

Species: Cosmog
OT: Russell
ID No.: 422360
Ability: unaware
Pokemon's name: Cosmog
Pokeball: Pokeball
Pentagon/Cross: Clover
Moves: Splash
Region of origin: Alolah
Characteristic: Mischievous

notes: only thing that worries me about this is the ivs too. 6 ivs on cosmog? Is that possible. Does this seem legit?

Species: Cosmog
OT: Russell
ID No.: 422360
Ability: unaware
Pokemon's name: Cosmog
Pokeball: Pokeball
Pentagon/Cross: Clover
Moves: Splash
Region of origin: Alolah
Characteristic: Mischievous

notes: only thing that worries me about this is the ivs too. 6 ivs on cosmog? Is that possible. Does this seem legit?
Legit. 6IV Cosmog can be RNG’d.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Legit. 6IV Cosmog can be RNG’d.
Not really, no. Don't mix up the terms "legit" and "legal".

"Legit" means that a Pokémon was 100% obtained without the use of hacks.
"Legal" means that all of the stats, moves, and abilities of Pokémon are "possible", despite having potentially been hacked.

As a matter of fact, Alexp77777, I'm inclined to believe that it's a hacked Pokémon.
If someone is knowledgeable enough to perform RNG abuse, they most likely wouldn't go for perfect 6 IVs.
They'd instead aim for 0 Atk IVs for a Pokémon that runs a special nature like Timid in this case.
Someone that just hacks a Pokémon really quick wouldn't pay attention to this little detail.

Please refrain from giving hasty answers to hack checks like this. The matter is a lot more complicated than you might think.
Please only reply if you have a definite answer that is based on evidence and solid arguments.

Not really, no. Don't mix up the terms "legit" and "legal".

"Legit" means that a Pokémon was 100% obtained without the use of hacks.
"Legal" means that all of the stats, moves, and abilities of Pokémon are "possible", despite having potentially been hacked.

As a matter of fact, Alexp77777, I'm inclined to believe that it's a hacked Pokémon.
If someone is knowledgeable enough to perform RNG abuse, they most likely wouldn't go for perfect 6 IVs.
They'd instead aim for 0 Atk IVs for a Pokémon that runs a special nature like Timid in this case.
Someone that just hacks a Pokémon really quick wouldn't pay attention to this little detail.

Please refrain from giving hasty answers to hack checks like this. The matter is a lot more complicated than you might think.
Please only reply if you have a definite answer that is based on evidence and solid arguments.
Right. Will keep this in mind for the future.
Just gonna post one of my own “had a hacked Pokémon and I didn’t even know” stories here, got a Shiny 6IV Groudon back in XY for a Charmander. Kept that thing up until I checked this thread & realized it was hacked. I’m currently trying to search out a legit copy of Emerald to RNG abuse my own shiny Groudon (I’ll keep you all posted on this,) and on the HOME GTS, I’ve seen plenty of hacked Solgaleo & Lunala trades (all shiny without being in Cherish Ball,) so keep an eye out for obvious hacks on HOME’s GTS.

Are any Pokémon that have the OT as HOME hacked? I received a shiny Ho-oh with not so good ivs from the hoenn region most of them are very good and pretty good ivs. Everything seems good except the OT

A few corrections:
The Pokeball Plus Mew only has 3 guaranteed IVs when sent directly to SwSh. Not sure about LGPE.
While the initial encounter with Galarian Slowpoke is shiny-locked, you can breed it to be shiny.
I'm pretty sure Gen 7 (and 8) starters are locked to the standard Pokeball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)