Tournament OMPL VIII - Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Art by AmirAlexander
- Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoffs | Finals -
- Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays and Usage Stats | Records -
Discussion Thread

How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80k credits that managers receive during the auction. Managers will be allowed to purchase themselves as players for their team at a fixed price of 16k but must assign one assistant manager from their drafted players. This may be done either during the auction or after it. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  1. SS Almost Any Ability
  2. SS Balanced Hackmons
  3. SS Camomons
  4. SS Mix and Mega
  5. SS NFE
  6. SS STABmons
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​
Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Playoffs:​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals. The three games must be different formats, i.e. the remaining two games cannot be the same as the most played metagame, and must be from the list above. Since SS Balanced Hackmons is most likely to be chosen by usage, the decision to play Bo3 or Bo1 is still left upto the players' discretion and bo1 remains by default.​

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of "extenuating circumstances" which are unavoidable, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. Moreover, they should generally not be used with a tactical purpose of creating confusion in an opponent's team. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them.​

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers (or assistant managers if the manager is not present) MUST PM Ransei and SectoniaServant on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2. A traded player may only feature in the round after they have been traded.​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, in exactly the same order as laid out above. I will post instructions about sending the lineup for next week later this week.​

Matchups

The Spinda Wheels (xavgb, Jordy) - [4][2] - The Temper Tyrantrums (OM, drampa's grandpa)

SS Almost Any Ability: MZ (sub 1) vs The Number Man (sub 1)
SS Balanced Hackmons: PinkDragonTamer vs Chessking345
SS Camomons: Havens vs Akashi
SS Mix and Mega: Jordy vs Mark K
SS NFE: King Leo V vs Ho3nConfirm3d
SS STABmons: vivalospride vs Skysolo

The Crown Jewel Corviknights
(SBPC, Andyboy) - [3][3] - The Money Magearnas (Funbot28, GL Volkner)

SS Almost Any Ability: Thinkerino vs Dragonillis
SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs dimrah
SS Camomons: Thimo vs Matiss98
SS Mix and Mega: Andyboy vs Gmansour20
SS NFE: uhuhuhu7 vs Crystalites
SS STABmons: Terracotta vs Funbot28

The Head Honchkrows
(Jrdn, aesf) - [3][3] - The Pandemic Parasects (Catalystic, Sylveon.)

SS Almost Any Ability: aesf vs Sabella
SS Balanced Hackmons: Alternatif vs sugarhigh
SS Camomons: Jrdn vs Sylveon.
SS Mix and Mega: Redflix vs MultiAmmiratore
SS NFE: frisoeva vs TJ
SS STABmons: Cam vs Zesty43

The Malevolent Misdreavuses (Chazm, Euphonos) - [5][1] - The Klink Shamers (Chloe, Pigeons)

SS Almost Any Ability: rozes vs itsKimbo
SS Balanced Hackmons: abriel gabram vs a loser
SS Camomons: Euphonos vs Quantum Tesseract
SS Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Pigeons
SS NFE: DurzaOffTopic vs anime sans (sub 2)
SS STABmons: Lasen vs LaBalladeDesCieux (sub 1)

~ Deadline ~
11:59 PM (UTC -4) on May 24th, 2020

Last edited:

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
THINKERINO'S GEERAT'S AESF'S RACOOL'S ROZES' TOTALLY ON TIME MAMP'S OMPL BH Review AAA Edition: Week 5

Thinkerino vs The Number Man (TNM)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1115749573
Before:
As someone who allegedly "never" runs stall, it was certainly surprising for me for me to put together the team I used against TNM last week. Team preview reveals that I've taken a pre-home tribute-style team, featuring goodra, the table, and [mold breaker] corsola. On the other side, TNM seems to have brought a relatively standard but reliable mix of offense and defense, with 4 out of 6 mons having some kind of setup move. From team preview I acknowledged that if it was no guard gengar, my best bet was to lead primarina then double into goodra hoping for the zap cannon para. I saw immediately that TNM's team realistically has no hard counter to pheal Primarina, whereas the fact that I have a toxapex is no small hill for his Primarina to climb.

During:
The game starts off in my favor, with TNM making the aggressive play of going for zap cannon (presumably in case I had a magic bouncer for hypnosis) into my primarina lead, and goodra yums it up with predictable ease. From there things become difficult for gengar, as paralysis on goodra means he can't put it to sleep or set up quite as freely. Moving on, when he has Primarina in vs my Goodra at turn 3 I take the absurd risk of doubling into my own, assuming that a scald wasn't coming. This was an extremely risky play from me as a burned primarina would've enabled a completely different game--nonetheless, my primarina got its poison heal up. From there, my gameplan became centered around my own Primarina, as he didn't really have much for it ouside of setting up alongisde me. At that point it became what you'd expect from a stall game: me doubling back and forth to waste his pp while he went for setup and tried to break my team. At this point in the game it's extremely difficult for TNM to win, as both of his breakers are walled by goodra + corviknight and his primarina [who got 0/14 scald burns :(] was unable to make use of calm mind setup. Even with noivern tricking its specs onto primarina, it's only a matter of time until 1. TNM's Primarina runs out of PP or 2. my own primarina finds an opportunity to clear out the remaining threats, and sure enough eventually the specs on my primarina are knocked off and from there I freely just set up calm minds and win.

aesf vs fardin
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1115756590
(no before/during for this one because their teams are fairly straight forward)
Right off the bat, it's clear that aesf's team is going for broken (gengar) and busted (mamoswine) whereas fardin is closer to broken (gengar) paired with balance. At a glance, it looks like whoever's Gengar gets in the most will prevail, but things don't quite turn out that way. From the jump Inteleon is revealed to be primordial sea, which looks like a reasonably daunting threat until it's revealed that Toxapex is actually prankster with gastro acid, which more or less puts an end to any weather ball shenanigans. The abundance of status effects from mew (wisp), Gengar (wisp), Toxapex (scald), and [presumably] Silvally (poison fang) are especially threatening--especially when you consider that fardin has no way of dealing with them all. In terms of win conditions, fardin is put into an extremely difficult position where he has to look for openings to pressure silvally and toxapex enough for Inteleon and/or gengar to pull it off, whereas all aesf has to do is continue spreading status and abuse his defensive core's great matchup to wear down fardin's team. Finally, on turn 39 aesf reveals that he's running ThinkerinostoleitfrommixandmegaGar, which crushes bulletproof "counters" and virtually anything that isn't a snorlax by shredding through them with adaptability + spell tag boosted hexes, and with so many team members at low hp (and not a single poison from fardin @ sludge wave :L) its virtually unwinnable barring multiple crits--and sure enough, aesf takes it.

stresh vs itskimbo
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1116337588
Before:
Despite the fact that they're built with completely different mons, I would argue that stresh and kimbo brought teams with similar gameplans: pivot in breaker(s) and click buttons The former has voltturn from rotom and cinderace with snorlax + [levitate] doublade as general coverage to most physical and special attackers, carrying what's most likely some type of scarf terrakion for speed control

kimbo is carrying what's likely a banded weavile and dragon dance gyarados, with the remaining 4 filling defensive roles of some nature. Personally, I predicted it would be poison heal seismitoad, regenerator/thick fat...? corviknight, poison heal clefable, and possibly bulletproof jirachi (I couldn't figure out which mon was the gar check). It's largely unfortunate that he brought gyarados and loaded into rotom + [what we later find out to be levitate] doublade, but such things happen.

During:
I'll be honest. as soon as stresh led snorlax and clicked curse, my first thought was "Wait. What stops him?!" And when heat crash came into play, it seemed like a done deal for sure. Fortunately for himself though, kimbo was carrying the rare idef corviknight, which honestly probably doesn't beat lax in the long run but can put up a good fight. Still in the same vein of looking to cripple lax, kimbo sacrifices his specs to trick Snorlax, which means given the chance his corviknight wins the 1v1 (doublade still exists though). Unfortunately for him, that same progress is pretty much compltely nullified when he knocks the specs off lax not even 5 turns later. To me, the turns of note are Seismitoad revealing that it isn't poison heal (regenvest...?), jirachi not being regenerator, and clefable also not being poison heal or spdef. All of these contribute to Kyurem being able to go virtually unchecked, because even though the corviknight was apparently thick fat, its set wasn't specially bulky enough to handle ice beam doing almost half per hit. Realistically though, with some 50/50s and luck, weavile was still totally capable of nabbing the win since banded knock off just picks 1 virtually every turn. stresh continued to play his game however, making sure to preserve his rotom's hp even after several wisp misses, and eventually the pressure was too much and kimbo's team slowly but steadily crumbled.

rozes vs sabella
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8almostanyability-502234
Before:
rozes brought the stall team I used against TNM, which was a kind of risky move considering I built it with a specific oppponent in mind, but at team preview the matchup looks decent. goodra theoretically covers gengar and (to an extent) special cobalion, corsola + toxapex should handle corv + celebi, and there's no way a team like sabella's isn't defensive mew, which is easily handled by various members of the team. Prior to seeing the sets, it's already clear that this will be a tough matchup for sabella's team, but in aaa [almost] anything can happen.

During:
When the corviknight used body slam my eyes almost flew out of my head LOL
I was 100% expecting an early para into gg.exe right off the bat, but no dice. I'm not going to go turn by turn here since it's a stall game, but some things to note were: Cobalion is actually decently annoying for this team to deal with. Volt switch is virtually always free and on turn 12 when rozes stayed in on Cobalion, a superhuman cc play going for max roll crit could've sent goodra to the shadow realm and potentially turned the entire game around. Additionally, on turn 14 a stone edge connection + max roll actually would've done 92% to Primarina, which could've also been another turning point in the match. Hax aside though, Sabella worked the best he could with a difficult matchup and the rng simply wasn't in his favor during the chances that came up, whereas rozes more or less took advantage of every good opportunity that came up.

Notes:

Corviknight, Toxapex, and Mew seem to have become The Trinity of Truth, with the vast majority of players tending to adapt at least two of them into every team they bring. This is no surprise, as those three uniquely offer a brand of role compression that's a cut above most of the mons in the tier, but it's still to be seen if we won't see more builds cough Dracozolt cough that take advantage of such a commonality.

Next, whatever happened to Noivern? It only showed up in 1/4 games this week, and even at that it didn't do much. It seems as though everyone is making sure to pack plenty of counterplay to "him," so I'm curious to see how that opens up other special attackers to strike people by surprise.

Weather and Terrain--Likely because playstyles based around these field effects tend to have a tough time against immunities (whether through typing or ability) and permaweather, there were no weather/terrain-based teams this week. I wonder if that means they're going back under the radar, or if someone is cooking up something absolutely disgusting in the back.

I'm not going to do upcoming matchups because I don't really enjoy posting that kind of thing, but I'm sure everyone will bring and play their best! :P

Last edited:
hullo i am highlighter and this is my certified like farm post pls like this post

a loser vs pinkdragontamer

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1114768249

On team preview we see that both sides have brought KyuW + ZamaC + Etern. Loser has also brought an interesting mon in Dragapult which eventually reveals itself to be adapt LO and I’m assuming mixed. PDT starts off the game strong by paralyzing Loser’s Etern and getting a spike up, which allows him to pivot around with Golisopod and KyuW. Loser is forced to swap between Etern and his ice scales ZamaC while his Etern takes chip damage from spikes + u-turn until its HP is low enough where DarmGZ picks up the kill. Although the Etern got full para’d immediately, the flinch + para chances were not in Loser’s favor. Dragapult comes in, does some big damage to ZamaC and then dies. Losing Dragapult was really bad for Loser since it outsped DarmGZ which plowed through the team. However, Loser makes an excellent play by bluffing espeed/scarf KyuW and sleeping the incoming switch to DarmGZ while activating its toxic orb revealing that it is PH KyuW. DarmGZ getting put to sleep was unfavorable for PDT since it smashed Loser’s team but I can understand his decision in making that play. Loser gets a free QD and chooses to dynamax to kill PDT’s KyuW. This dynamax seems odd at first, but it turns out to be justifiable since Loser’s KyuW has freeze-dry, which wouldn’t have done enough. PDT’s ZamaC dies to a crit from KyuW which is very unfortunate because now KyuW is a massive threat. Luckily, Zacian lives a hit and spectrals, forcing KyuW out into Melm. PDT makes a play in taunting the Melm assuming it to be defensive and dies to an unexpected banded sunsteel. Loser reveals that his Snorlax is a pretty cool set in normalize and kills Golisopod but v-create only does 41% to FC Etern which kills the Snorlax. Unfortunately, the Etern gets tricked a choice band and Loser finishes the game with his shift gear ZamaC. All in all, this wasn’t too bad of a game with no dominating MU’s on either side and the only hax being a crit on ZamaC. I feel like the game could’ve gone either way without the crit, but losing ZamaC definitely hurt PDT’s chances of winning.

GL Volkner vs highlighter

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1115771451

At first glance Volkner’s Zekrom is gonna be a massive threat as the only real check I have to it is Ferro and even then Ferro is not very good at handling it and takes 46% from adapt LO beak and dies to CC. ZacC comes in but Volkner reveals that his ZamaC is actually FC which eats a hit. A couple pivots later and I bring in KyuW on Etern which Volkner sacrifices with dbond. With KyuW dead, I was put in a really bad spot since I had no real way of killing the FC ZamaC unless I para’d it with my nuzzle Zekrom and got lucky with paras. Volkner sacks his Umbreon to spin away hazards which means that he loses his main hazard control, but not wanting to risk his wincon in ZamaC is understandable. He brings in his own Zekrom and I dynamax my own to live a hit and kills his. With Zekrom dead, Volkner’s only offensive pressure is through Mewtwo, which is definitely not as threatening. Volkner then misplays by sending out imposter instead of the Mewtwo since I get to max guard for free while Mewtwo would’ve killed Zekrom even through dynamax. I’m able to spin away hazards with ZamaC while Volkner crits me with bpress, and then makes a read by switching into Mewtwo. Unfortunately, I am regenvest ZamaC so u-turn was free for me which lets me chip Mewtwo. I manage to bring in Zekrom again to recover on ZamaC and Volkner switches into Mewtwo. Then the CURSED misclick happens and now Zekrom is almost dead while Mewtwo took a bit of chip instead of getting para’d. I switch to ZacC expecting a photon/psychic, but Volkner ep’s again doing some big damage. ZacC forces Mewtwo out into ZamaC and reveals that it can’t touch Golisopod, which allows me to get up SR and heal up my ZamaC with regen. However, a good switch by Volkner lets him imp my ZamaC and spin on me. Imp locked into spin lets me send in Zekrom and heal, but I immediately switch Zekrom out fearing dynamax. In hindsight, that was probably a bad play by me since I’m not sure if imposter can even dynamax as ZamaC. Mewtwo reveals strength sap and pyro ball, letting it heal to full while doing big chip to ZamaC. Volkner decides to dynamax Mewtwo on ZacC which was an alright decision while I crit u-turn. I don’t think the crit mattered since u-turn + LO chip would’ve put Mewtwo in range of another attack. I’m forced to sack Zekrom to bring in ZacC while Volkner imps it on the u-turn. I go Golisopod and decide to spectral in case Volkner makes a read and hard switches Mewtwo on KS and heals with sap. He doesn’t make that play so now my Golisopod is at +2 and gets up SR again. Volkner then makes an interesting play by switching into imp while I switch out fearing spectral from ZamaC doing too much damage. Imp goes for SR which was a misplay since my ZamaC gets to spectral and then spin. With no way to touch Golisopod and imp low on HP, I get to repeatedly u-turn with Golisopod and ZacC until Volkner sacks imp, letting me win the game. This was probably my favorite game I’ve played this OMPL since there was minimal hax and I got to avenge my loss from 2 years ago.

DF-Shock vs abriel gabram

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1115792841

Right from the start we can see that DF has brought a team that appears to be stall, which in my opinion sounds bad on paper with all the threats running around the meta and no great bulky mons. Both players lead with their PH mons and activate their toxic orbs. DF gets a spike up while Abriel u-turns and reveals mguard DarmGZ which threatens out Gourgeist into Zacian which can handle DarmGZ with sap. Abriel eventually gets a spike up while DF also gets another up, but Abriel reveals that his ZacC has bpass and passes a boost to DarmGZ. However, DF reveals prank ZamaC and topsy’s the DarmGZ. Despite being at -1 DarmGZ still does 88 with v-create and picks up the kill. DF makes a really weird play in sending in Snorlax over Zacian and then makes an even weirder play by dynamaxing and wastes it to do 18% on the switch to ZacC. Abriel manages to get all 3 spikes up while also burning Solgaleo, however DF reveals that his Snorlax has coil + recover and is able to get off 2 coils. Things are looking bad on Abriel’s side, but he dynamaxes DarmGZ and manages to immediately get a crit on Snorlax which kills it. The crit was actually a huge loss to DF since it looked like the Snorlax would’ve swept Abriel’s team if it coiled enough. Both players then lose their Umbreon’s, which I’m assuming were their hazard removers meaning that spikes are up to stay. ZacC now pretty much wraps this up since everything gets 2HKOed with 3 spikes up and Abriel picks up the win. I’m not the biggest fan of DF’s team, but I won’t deny the fact that he had a solid chance of winning the game without the crit on Snorlax.

Gurpreet pasekjbfndsfh vs MAMP

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1116041110

This game was 185 turns I am probably gonna accidentally skip over some key stuf. We get another match of PH Gourgeist vs PH Golisopod with both mons activating their toxic orbs early and setting hazards. MAMP manages to get KyuW in and Gurp reveals that he lacks an ice scales mon which means that KyuW completely eats Gurp’s team. DarmZ manages to barely avoid the 2HKO, which forces KyuW out, but gets its boots koffed meaning that KyuW basically kills DarmZ if it tries to come in. A couple turns later MAMP reveals PH Zekrom with glare, but Gurp reveals volt absorb Primarina which completely walls it. Both teams are running weird PH sets, with Gurp using a flare blitz/spark Reshiram while MAMP used defog Snorlax without recovery or shield and I’m honestly not a fan of either. KyuW manages to kill DarmZ but takes chip from spikes and then takes more chip from SR when MAMP brings it in again. Gurp lets Primarina take a big hit from bb, and then makes a weird play in switching to ZacC which works out for Gurp since MAMP swaps out KyuW fearing dynamax. ZacC reveals spore and puts Etern to sleep and kills Golisopod with v-create. I’m not sure why MAMP didn’t scout with baneful since he didn’t really lose anything from doing it but now he has no source of hazards and more importantly loses his koff user. MAMP switches in KyuW on a predicted spikes but Gurp u-turns, chipping KyuW and bringing in ZacC. However, the ZamaC is revealed to be FF which walls the ZacC. A couple turns later MAMP brings in KyuW again on Gourgeist but takes damage from spectral, putting it in range of spikes, and bb’s the switch to Primarina but this time Gurp dynamaxes Primarina and kills KyuW. At this point the situation is heavily in Gurp’s favor, and MAMP trys to even the odds by tricking the Gourgeist away its toxic orb so that he can eventually purify it with ZamaC, but gets an AV from Umbreon instead. The game is pretty much over at this point, with the only way MAMP can win is through stalling Gourgeist of all its PP and then winning with Snorlax. Gurp lets Primarina get burned and uses up a decent amount of sap PP, thus giving MAMP another possible wincon through Etern. However, Gurp sacks his Reshiram to do a decent chunk of damage to Snorlax and then manages to get 3 spikes up, effectively killing Snorlax and winning him the game. This game was very interesting, with Gurp managing to snag the win despite the bad KyuW mu. I feel like MAMP might’ve played a bit too risky with KyuW letting it get chipped down to 7%, but in this mu risky play was gonna get rewarded due to how dominating KyuW was versus Gurp’s team. This game and my game vs Volkner are both very good examples of dynamax completely shifting the tempo of the game, which leads to the question of whether this mechanic rewards skilled play or if it causes 50/50s.

Metagame Observations:

ZamaC has had an insane usage this week being brought by 6 teams. Despite this high usage, it had only won 2 games where both were ZamaC mirrors. Etern also had its typical high usage this week with 4 teams bringing it, but its usage was tied with KyuW and Golisopod. Without shell smash it unsurprising that a powerful wallbreaker like KyuW would be used to poke holes in teams. Golisopod is an insert adjective here pick, with the popular set being a defensive PH that pivots with u-turn and sets hazards. Another interesting thing to note is that only 2 teams have brought a prank mon, with Volkner bringing prank Etern and DF-Shock bringing prank ZamaC. In fact, Volkner’s team was the only one that ran prank haze. Setup also seems to be on the fall, with only 3 teams bringing some form of setup in Gurp using QD Primarina, DF-Shock with Coil Snorlax, and half of Loser’s team. This is quite the downgrade compared to week 4 where 7 teams brought setup. Has BH finally killed ho and balance? Is every game gonna transform into 200 turn stallfests?? Will this post get 3 likes??? PLs like this post????

thx reading

Now that we have studied the past from the few nice posts above us, let us take a look on the future with my Predicts for this week.

(SBPC, Andyboy) - [4][2] - The Money Magearnas (Funbot28, GL Volkner)

SS Almost Any Ability: Thinkerino(55) vs Dragonillis(45) - Only a slight edge.
SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP (60) vs dimrah(40) - dimarah is decent, but mamp I think is better here.
SS Camomons: Thimo (55) vs Matiss98(45) - Thimoat, matiss is nb either.
SS Mix and Mega: Andyboy (65) vs Gmansour20(35) - Andy is better and gmansour has a lot to prove yet and they always gives me angry and sad reacts :psysad: .
SS NFE: uhuhuhu7(30) vs Crystalites(70) - Crystal has been way better....uhuhuhu really needs to do something great if he has to prove he is decent too and beating crystal without hax might be his only chance to do that at this point.
SS STABmons: Terracotta(40) vs Funbot28(60) - Terracotta is good, but funboat is the bigger goat.

The Head Honchkrows (Jrdn, aesf) - [2][4] - The Pandemic Parasects (Catalystic, Sylveon.)

SS Almost Any Ability: aesf(45) vs Sabella(55) - Top tier game for sure, I'm just more confident in sabella than in aesf.
SS Balanced Hackmons: Alternatif(45) vs sugarhigh(55) - I think sugarhigh is a bit better.
SS Camomons: Jrdn (50) vs Sylveon.(50) - maa how can anyone predict this thing seriously. Cannot wait to see.
SS Mix and Mega: Redflix(49) vs MultiAmmiratore(51) -Leggo multi.
SS NFE: frisoeva (55) vs TJ(45) - Tj got a solid win, friso could have played better and won that game without depending on triple crit but still have to leen towards the undefeated player.
SS STABmons: Cam (51)vs Zesty43(49) - Both of them have been doing decent for their teams, excepting a good match.

The Malevolent Misdreavuses (Chazm, Euphonos) - [3][3] - The Klink Shamers (Chloe, Pigeons)

SS Almost Any Ability: rozes (60) vs itsKimbo (40)- rozes is way too good.
SS Balanced Hackmons: abriel gabram (40) vs a loser (60)- Kinda low on the other player...and a loser is good so...
SS Camomons: Euphonos (55) vs Quantum Tesseract(45) -Euph has done decent and qt has not proven anything this tour despite his infinite experience in om's.
SS Mix and Mega: Chazm(49) vs Pigeons(51) - Slight edge to pigeons cause he is a cute and is a bird.
SS NFE: DurzaOffTopic(45) vs TonyFlygon(55) - Guess tack is upset and lost it completely at this point. Excited to see the two big tour players play though. Can durza get his and his teams first nfe win or will misdreavuses end with 0 nfe wins..wait n see.
SS STABmons: Lasen (55) vs Betathunder(45) - Goo Lasen, whatever you say about me I am only inspired by Skysolo saying that FRIENDSHIP IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING. Also I do not intend to do more biased or weighted picks like 100 - 0 cause I want all the players to know that THEY ALWAYS HAVE A FAIR CHANCE TO WIN NO MATTER WHO THEY FACE!!!!. I'm sorry if it is problematic but it is not gonna change.

And most importantly LET'S GO GET EM ALL SPINDAS!!!!

EDIT: Thank You Lasen for making me realise that I am bad. But I still wanna be try to be not bad. So I am changing my post from the bottom of my heart with grief for what I have done and trying to correct the mistake that I did.

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
ok so since the LAZY BUMS In The Hills and drampa's grandpa have been slacking in having some STABmons game commentary I guess I will stop being hopeful and start doing some commentary more then halfway thru this hax-ridden tournament. Smh

Zesty43 vs Lasen
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmons-1112842986

We have already seen the HO shenanigans being pulled out to great use after the Dragapult ban of the previous week, where threats like Dracovish and Diggersby are more threatening theoretically without the best revenge killer being present anymore to stop them in their tracks. Lasen paired these threats with some Screens support and other dangerous wallbreakers like Terrakion, Goon, and the underrated Barbaracle (altho a special breaker here would have fit nice js), making the team look overall threatening on paper. Zesty brought some.... cool stuff like Shedinja and Mew which are not typically seen on their respective cheese styles (being Stall and HO respectively) and again paired it with wallbreakers that appreciate Pult not being here to revenge kill them in Gar and Vish.

Zesty leading Gar def was the right play since lasen really did not have much for it especially considering how Hail from Ninetales-A can prevent potential Sash users like Barb and maybe Rak being able to revenge kill it so it kinda just got a kill especially since lasen lead with the hail setter. Sacking Vish was kinda a weird play imo since it was def the most threatening sweeper against Zesty's team and kinda just won esp since Hail dealt with Shed if it was not Goggles (which they should all be) and could Sub up against potential sucker plays with Goon. Sacking Scarf Rak also was kinda unfortunate for lasen since having a revenge killer for Gar and Goon was uber important since they could have ran through Lasen's team but the game was kinda just over from preview as soon as Hail was set and Gar had a chance to come in esp with pivoters like HeatRom and Shedinja in the back. Overall, i think the game was really favoured for Zesty from preview but I def feel that Lasen had a chance to win this esp if Vish got even just 1 DD or a free Sub but alas thats not how it went.

Funbot28 vs Cam
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmons-1115177146

Ok so when it came to my game vs Cam, I also definitely wanted to abuse the increased viability of HO given the Pult ban, abusing Webs in particular as I noticed that Cam's teams tend to struggle with the hazard core pressure coming from Excadrill + Centiskorch (aka big bad buggy). I then paired the hazard setters with the typical brokens like Gar, Goon, and Vish, and of course added Mimikyu in the back to have reassurance against opposing Vish and Goon's since they are a bitch for HO typically. Cam's team was def.... interesting but I thought it looked cool and potentially threatening from preview. I was particularly worried about some Trick Room Hatterene shenanigans as that thing kinda just won against my team esp when Mimi's disguise got broke (heck it could have even ran Photon Geyser) but thankfully that was not the case.

I lead with the typical Exca lead and things kinda started normally for the most part. I thought I kinda just won once I was able to catch the predict of Hippo coming in and catch a Sub + DD when the Vaporeon tried to switch into Reind (which is why I tend to not like it as a Vish check since if its not gonna run like Haze or Roar then its a bad Vish check anyways). But then I blundered and forgot that Clanging Scales was a thing on Scarf Hydreigon and kinda sacked my Vish for nothing since I had a perfect switchin in Mimikyu in the back. I did get some luck tho in my favour by critting the Hippo with Koff and proceeding to KO it with Facade with my Goon as even though I was Adamant Goon, the role of Koff + Facade was still not in my favour and Cam could have either recovered it off or just OHKO me with Bpress (as he told me he was later on). From there, offensive pressure was really in my favor as Cam tried to switch around my threats. I particularly peeped the Spd. Corvi which I thought was cool as a soft check to Gar but it just made things easier for my Goon to break through it later on. The Vaporeon set was def interesting and not something I would recommend cause why use Wish Tect on a mon who already is kinda struggling with 4MSS but regardless.... I did catch some more luck with the Koff into crit V-create with my Centiskorch against the Vap, but tbh I think the game was already heavily favoured for me at that point as Mimiku and Gar were both hella threatening at that point especially when Webs were up. Was kinda a haxy game in my favour, but still was fun so ggs yeh sorry Cam.

Plas vs Terracotta
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmons-1116252825

Was def excited for this game as Plas's builds always excite me and Terra def does not build standard lol so I though this was an interesting MU, and these two goons def did not disappoint in that regard this week. Plas brought some sort of sand balance where Exca and a presumably CB TTar applied offensive pressure while the core of Ferro + Pex + Corv + Bewear checked literally the entire meta safe from shit like Gar (which Ttar + Exca both offensively check anyways). Terra brought um, some stuff lol that do not seem to gel well together initially, but after analyzing a bit more does have some sort synergy. I still do not agree with the use of Mimikyu on anything thats not HO but alas i hope ppl will realize that soon enough.

Terra got his Kommo-o Koffed + Toxiced very early into the game which was kinda bad imo since if it was some Bulk Up + Taunt or Sub set then it kinda just won against Plas lol. Then we proceed with like 20 turns of Terra tyrna figure out wtf he gonna do vs a Pex that legit annoys and walls all his team so yay thats fun. Somehow, Terra then managed to get an SD up with his incin and got hella lucky when that TTar missed the Head Smash since if Incin died the game was pretty much over from there. Not sure if the Drain Punch crit from Bewear mattered too much since it depends on how invested both are into attack and defense respectively but anyways it was some justice for Plas regardless. The Kommo-o turned out to be some terribad SR + bulk up set which literally loses to the most common hazard remover in Sylveon but anyways. The game was over once Incin died so ya not too much else to comment from there.

Betathunder vs vivalospride
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmons-1116314262

Next we had two dirty slabs playing (where viv is ofc the more dirtiest of slabs), and I was def excited for this MU. We see some pretty standard stuff coming off of beta where Jellicent makes another appearance which is nice (presumably as the Keldeo check since it fkin sucks as a Vish answer dear lord) while Viv brings some heat in the form of Clefable, Gyarados, and FKIN MIMI ON A NON HO TEAM but anyways ye def looked in favor for beta from team preview since Rak and a potential Sub + NP Gar kinda ate if not dealt with properly.

The Gar getting the sub off early def helped as it allowed beta to weaken down the Goon tryna answer it, and then Viv got really lucky as Rak missed Stone Edge and proceeded to get hazards off with Goon. Then we see the rzn why Ferro should be running Chople Berry since Zera straight up 2HKOes it as it tries to switch in on a CC. Beta tries to make progress with both his Gar and Scarf Hydreigon but Zera was just too much of an offensive threat and heavily pressured Heatrom each time it tried coming in. Im not sure why Beta didnt try switchin into Gar more as Clef was forced to recover as I def felt that it would have put him in a better situation but then we see beta be an uber beta and use Scarf Knock Off Hydreigon which is a really bad set and fails to revenge kill the Gyarados. From there Viv just won as long as he did not let the Gar get a sub for some rzn as he proceeded to rkill it with Mimi Shadow Sneak. A fun game to watch for sure.

Now for some meta commentary:

• These two were used a bunch and its not hard to see why. Pult ban really helped propel them and enables them to wallbreak so much easier without the looming threat of it revenge killing it in the back. Vish in particular is a threat that I feel will be spammed more and more as the tier struggles to find answers for it that is not defensive Ferrothorn lol. Gar is really hard to check regardless, but I usually prefer Aegi as a more immediate wallbreaker as it adds defensive utility but anyways ye these two are hot rn.
/

• The defensive core thats being most spammed rn. The meta is really top heavy when it comes to offensive threats, which tend to lack a diverse pool of defensive counterplay so you end up usually using the same mons to try and counteract them. Pex and Ferro in particular just pair so well rn when trying to handle stupid shit like Goon, Sylveon, and Vish while also providing the team the necessary hazard support which is extremely crucial in an offensive meta like STABmons. Corvi and Heatrom are the best defensive pivots in the tier so it's not hard to see why they are being used so much, especially in conjunction with breakers that appreciate slow pivoting so ye, they good.

• Starting to see this more and more as a means of Speed control on a lot of teams which is nice and I def think its the best Scarfer as of now. Can annoy Sub Vish and Gengar with Clanging Scales which is great for a lot of teams while also providing some utility via Switcheroo and Parting Shot which is always nice. Drei also adds defensive utility as it actually has some great resistances so ye I except to see this more and more. Altho ppl need to start bringing the heat with the CSoul + Power Trip set smh.

• I know I talked shit about Mimi previously but real talk its one of the only ways to deal with a boosted Vish besides shit like Ferrothorn rn so ye I can understand why its being spammed so much. Spectral Thief + Disguise is a literal godsend for it and its dual STAB is hella threatening so it makes sense. Altho the uprise of defensive Pex and Heatrom being used is not offering it any favors so ye we shall see how its usage goes.

I think this post is long enough now. I might do this next week I might not who fucking knows but anyways go mags, the rest of yall are wack.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
For the past week my pet project which I've been spamming in certain private rooms has been analyzing players to figure out what their ELO would be if we treated this like a ladder. Check out my post HERE for a little more info on what that looks like. What this also gives us is the percentage chance of each player winning based on their current OMPL performance. So, without further ado...

The Spinda Wheels (xavgb, Jordy) - [6][0] - The Temper Tyrantrums (OM, drampa's grandpa)

SS Almost Any Ability: 59% xavgb vs Racool 41%
SS Balanced Hackmons: 52% PinkDragonTamer vs Chessking345 48%
SS Camomons: 65% Havens vs Akashi 35%
SS Mix and Mega: 53% Jordy vs Mark K 47%
SS NFE: 75% King Leo V vs Ho3nConfirm3d 25%
SS STABmons: 69% vivalospride vs Skysolo 31%

woah why is my team gettin 6-0'd here D: well let's just say that there's only actually about a 5% chance of us actually getting 6-0'd. (5.46959205....%). That's ignoring stuff like Chessking being completely fresh and thus having a statistically unknown likelihood of winning, the fact that Stresh's wins don't all come from AAA while Racool's do and he's played more than her (how tf would I even add that in), Mark K being moved to Mix and Mega, and Skysolo being moved to STAB. Also Tyrantrums just generally being goats.

I left this data in here because I felt it would be unfairly biased of me NOT to include it, when it's just as easy to calc as the other teams, even if it shows my team at a disadvantage.
(SBPC, Andyboy) - [3][3] - The Money Magearnas (Funbot28, GL Volkner)

SS Almost Any Ability: 76% Thinkerino vs Dragonillis 24%
SS Balanced Hackmons: 39% MAMP vs dimrah 61%
SS Camomons: 56% Thimo vs Matiss98 44%
SS Mix and Mega: 77% Andyboy vs Gmansour20 23%
SS NFE: 33% uhuhuhu7 vs Crystalites 67%
SS STABmons: 48% Terracotta vs Funbot28 52%

This looks like the closest matchup, and one of the more important ones for determining playoffs. Both teams still have a good chance to get into playoffs but would like more points, and both teams have a decent chance to win here. As Mr xavgb pointed out they're not really both "middle of the pack" as I initially said, but this is still a matchup to watch.
The Head Honchkrows
(Jrdn, aesf) - [4.5][1.5] - The Pandemic Parasects (Catalystic, Sylveon.)

SS Almost Any Ability: 50% aesf vs Sabella 50%
SS Balanced Hackmons: 63% Alternatif vs sugarhigh 37%
SS Camomons: 65% Jrdn vs Sylveon. 35%
SS Mix and Mega: 61% Redflix vs MultiAmmiratore 39%
SS NFE: 68% frisoeva vs TJ 32%
SS STABmons: 32% Cam vs Zesty43 68%

The Krows are gud, statistically the best team in this tour. Don't miss Sabella v aesf or Jrdn v Sylveon.
The Malevolent Misdreavuses (Chazm, Euphonos) - [3][3] - The Klink Shamers (Chloe, Pigeons)

SS Almost Any Ability: 66% rozes vs itsKimbo 34%
SS Balanced Hackmons: 48% abriel gabram vs a loser 52%
SS Camomons: 56% Euphonos vs Quantum Tesseract 44%
SS Mix and Mega: 44% Chazm vs Pigeons 56%
SS NFE: 36% DurzaOffTopic vs TonyFlygon (sub 1) 64%
SS STABmons: 72% Lasen vs Betathunder 28%
Not a ton to say here other than Klinks seem likely to be more demotivated thanks to being eliminated, and as such underperform.

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Can someone pls do one of these long posts for stabmons :( i wanna see ppl talk about this shitty metagame (Thank you Funbot), also Skysolo hey, did u rlly wanna play me bad enough to sub 5-0 god plas out :cowboy:

1589825600765.png
The Crown Jewel Corviknights (SBPC, Andyboy) - [1][5] - The Money Magearnas (Funbot28, GL Volkner)
1589825534279.png

SS Almost Any Ability: Thinkerino vs Dragonillis - The aaa pool this year makes me sad bc there's been far too many games I honestly give 0 fucks about, this being one of them. I guess the dragonguy in stab and funbun in aaa didnt work out so they switched it back up? Unfortunately I have to condemn Thinkerino for giving rozes that stall team and robbing my pleasure as a viewer from me.
SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs dimrah - Ah, GL Volkner still not playing in this tournament despite being like 200k fsr. This is some classic Giant Loser Volkner shit, I doubt he's even helping this dimrah guy prep. I gotta bold dimrah bc he deserves some sort of good karma for having to carry the mags BH slot by himself this whole tournament :///
SS Camomons: Thimo vs Matiss98 - Will bold thimo bc I still have never seen or spoken to this matiss guy in my entire life aside from when I'm writing these stupid ass posts. I've also already bolded 2 mags ppl so I gotta keep it an even mu for excitement
SS Mix and Mega: Andyboy vs Gmansour20 - I ran out of stupid shit to say about this loser on the left a long time ago, and it's hard not to bold him in this mu when I'm fairly certain innocent ass gman is even probably convinced he will lose. However I believe in the power of being a nice guy > being Randyboy, dude's washed in smash
SS NFE: uhuhuhu7 vs Crystalites - Still waiting on god nfe prospect Marjane to run through the nfe pool but dictator SBPC is keeping her locked up for no reason >:(. I like uhuhu too tbh but I wanna see marj continue winning and end x-0. Bolding crystal guy just to spite sbpc and club penguin role player andyboy
SS STABmons: Terracotta vs Funbot28 - Both individuals I generally like, if I was not a heterosexual male I'd bold terracotta for sure bc he's extremely handsome but unfortunately I am a heterosexual male and a simp so I must bold 28 bots of fun.

1589825548392.png
The Head Honchkrows (Jrdn, aesf) - [5][1] - The Pandemic Parasects (Catalystic, Sylveon.)
1589825556771.png

SS Almost Any Ability: aesf vs Sabella - I'm rlly torn bc I rlly like both users a lot and aesf got sad when I bolded against him and I rlly dont want aesf to be sad and I doubt booty cares either way. However booty rlly deserves to be bolded after being stalled last week when I was rlly looking forward to watching a good game :(. Both players will win and are my heroes.
SS Balanced Hackmons: Alternatif vs sugarhigh - This is surely the first time I've ever seen this guy's name on the left. I'm gonna bold him anyways despite this, idk why. Why not ig? It kinda aggravates me that it's just the word alternative but with a f, idk fuck this guy and his name tbh but he'll win :3
SS Camomons: Jrdn vs Sylveon. - I'm seething atm, currently shaking with rage that this mu is happening in a slot that isn't aaa. Both players deserve to lose for robbing the viewing pleasure of DOZENS of people just tryna see some good aaa games, not that aesf vs sab isnt a great mu... but this isn't something I ever thought Id get the privilege to see :(
SS Mix and Mega: Redflix vs MultiAmmiratore - Similar to kimbo, I find myself consistently wanting to bold redflix for no apparent reason. Multiamadhjfsn guy is a similar case with matiss where I literally only see their name bc of writing these headass posts, so I never have shit to say.
SS NFE: frisoeva vs TJ - Fun fact, TJ has not even gotten to the point in naruto where madara is even introduced, this dude has deadass never seen a naruto episode with madara in it yet reps madara like CRAZY. I have nothing to say about friso bc idk anything about them but this is enough evidence to deem TJ guilty of... something. Idk why this bothers me, but it does. Shiba shoulda stayed b101 leader...
SS STABmons: Cam vs Zesty43 - I must bold cam bc of w1 shenanigans but if that wasnt the case I'd bold zesty bc he's one of the best clickers I've ever seen in my life. "Thinking is a disadvantage" - zesty 2020 yesterday in a private room, this is not an exact quote im just pretending it is bc it's funnier this way.

1589825566211.png
1589825573090.png

SS Almost Any Ability: rozes vs itsKimbo - I told this clown on the left there's no feasible way I'm bolding him this week after he stalled my boy booty :(, go kimbo pls murder this piece of trash lazy ass bitch, dude doesn't even slave for me in nupl and then has the fuckin GALL to say "i had no motivation to prep ima stall haha xd", loser.
SS Balanced Hackmons: abriel gabram vs a loser - wow I coulda sworn I already did the rozes mu but he's clearly the guy on the right hahahaha. Anyways im bolding abriel, this is what you get for haxing durza w/ blizzard freeze you pos rozes.
SS Camomons: Euphonos vs Quantum Tesseract - Clarion hasn't had the x-0 ompl I hoped he'd have but I'm still p sure he'll win this one. QT's 27head filled with knowledge of every meta that's ever existed does not outclass clarion's 28head filled with endless techs that're borderline useless but will probably work anyways.
SS Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Pigeons - All I've heard is bad things about chazm recently, he's been the center of drama all ompl. I feel bad for talking down on Pigeons's laddering capabilities by comparing him to pif so I must bold him. There's no magearna this gen, chazm...
SS NFE: DurzaOffTopic vs TonyFlygon - The long awaited matchup. I wonder if chazm subbed durza back in just for the durza redemption arc of this tour to start with him slaying the big bad Tony. Either that, or some dumb shit happened between chazm and tack like I heard and tack has abandoned ship, which is fair. Either way I'm predicting this upset here for no reason other than bc I feel like it.
SS STABmons: Lasen vs Betathunder - I can imagine betathunder let out an audible sigh when he saw the "Ransei mentioned you in..." notification due to wanting to get the fuck away from this tour and website as soon as humanly possible after his team was eliminated from poff contention. But I will bold betathunder w/o hesitation until he wins a game bc if he goes 0-x im gonna cry myself to sleep.

Looking forward to xavgb vs Racool this week, if I see anything other than greatness I will be upset. Have a good week everyone.

Attachments

Unbiased NFE Predicts round4
hehe oopsies didn't wanna do it last week but we back

SS NFE: King Leo V vs Ho3nConfirm3d
Track record wise Leo has been doing much better and has proven to be a good player and builder as a whole. Last week Leo won vs Tony despite having an overall disadvantageous match up which just proves that this would not stop him from taking a win. Having said that, not very impressed with the team. NFE revolves a lot around Machoke and Haunter as well as the cores around them and as a whole the team felt very weak to Machoke cores. Fraxure worked pretty well on that team though with Palpi and Haunter support as well as Wish Clef to bring back some health for a second sweep. Nonetheless one should not be underestimating user meow as he is a prestigious player. Ho3n didn't play last week so I don't have a lot to say this week. Looking forward to this match.

SS NFE: uhuhuhu7 vs Crystalites
As much faith as I have in uhu to finally win a game, Crystal has just been the better player throughout this entire tour. Last week wasn't great for either as they both lost (crys to hax I should mention if I don't want an angry dm), however this week is a great opportunity for both of them to really show their potential. Crys has had thimo support the last three weeks so now it's really time for Crys to get back to early tour Crys and goat this match. I'd personally be happy with either outcomes as I love Crys very much and while uhu is only but ok he is on my team so.. s/o to Spitfire not playing one single game so far.

SS NFE: frisoeva vs TJ

friso so far has been the best NFE player this tour with a consistent score of only wins. Last week he won due to hax which I agree is the best strategy. As a whole Friso's team felt a lot like what I have seen at the beginning of the PL from the Klinks. Pretty big offensive weakness to Choice Band Pilo + Roselia with no hazard removal which I guess is what NFE has come to. TJ on the other hand had a much cooler team, big fan of Morgrem and big fan of Morgrem + Lampent combination. I expect this to be the highlight match this week so please don't disappoint thank you.

SS NFE: DurzaOffTopic vs TonyFlygon
Off the bench Durza ready to play some no fucking evolve. Durza has brought some solid teams in the past but nothing impressive track record wise. Tony has done better track record wise though last week brought I think an underwhelming Crys sun knock off which didn't really work despite having a mu advantage but I think this also came down to what I can only conclude as choice of using bad sets through the way things were played. Side note that Crys' Sun team is probably the best one there is so I wouldn't encourage people bringing Sun anymore.

Redflix

Forgiven and Hanged
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Since no one is doing it this week, its up to the least qualified player to do the MNM OMPL WEEK 5 REVIEW

Pigeons vs Jordy https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1115285970
Both seemingly brought the classic Sablenite Mew + Hydreigon core. Pigeons team is more standard with Clefable as a rocker, Defog Corviknight, Altarianite Arcanine and either Metagrossite or Lopunnite Zera. On the other hand, Jordy has brought an interesting team. with Reshiram as the defogger supported by Hippo as the zera check and DM to force out Clefable. DD DM could be a problem for Pigeons as he'll have to fish for scald burns. On both sides Hydreigon is gonna put a ton of work especially if carrying flash canon. It is also important to note that Jordy has no speed control as his fastest mon is Hydreigon.This makes Pigeons Hydrei even more dangerous in this mu. Zera also could also put in work altho it depends on the Hippo set. Overall, i do think the mu is slightly in Pigeons favour from preview.

Turn 1 we immediately see Jordy reveal its pinsirite Hippo meaning it completely walls lopunnite zera and meta zera wont do much as well with Grass Knot. Turn 2 it is confirmed that Pigeons' Mew is CM scald and hence Jordy's hydeigon should have no problem walling it. Turn 7 Arcanine reveals Howl which is a problem for Jordy. Turn 8 we see Hippo take 46 from an espeed which means a subsequent Flare Blitz will KO. Jordy predicting this goes to his Reshiram. Pigeons, also predicting that Jordy wont risk his zera switch in this early and not wanting Arc to take more damage from Toxic switches out as well. Turn 14 Jordy reveals DM to be SD which makes me wonder if its defensive or offensive.
Turn 19 Pigeons, predicting a Clef switch, Nasty Plots while Jordy stays in and reveals Ice Beam. Turn 20 jordy has no choice but to sack a mon and he sacks Mew. Turn 23 DM does a fuck ton to Hydrei, confirming its offensive Swords Dance. Turn 25 pigeons reveals Hydrei is indeed flash canon and gets a kill on Jordy's Clef. Turn 27 Jordy does the same and with both clef out of the way, hydrei becomes the primary wincon for both of the players. Turn 32 Both of these players make a missplay imho. Jordy goes for a Morning Sun thinking pigeons would go for dpulse , which is wierd cuz dpulse killed anyway. Pigeons stays in and roosts instead of switching , risking hydrei. Had Jordy clicked Sunsteel strike here , he wouldve essentially put the game in his favour since hippo + hydrei walled pigeons Mew + Zera. Turn 35 the game is over as there is no way hippo survives a grass knot + dpulse.
Overall it was fun game, showcasing how mnm games are slowly becoming mew checks vs mew checks

Andy vs Skysolo https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1115965972
On one side we have one of the most interesting teams we'll see in this ompl in mnm. Skysolo has brought rain that fully supports a Dracovish sweep. Clef as rocker , Corvi could be bulk up or defog altho defog makes little sense in this team. Dugtrio is prob altarianite or lopunnite to either catch clef or pex making it easier for dracovish to sweep. Indeedee prob is terrain extender to stop those extreme speed.
On the other hand , to no one's surprise , andy has once again brought Sable mew. HYdrei is probably Glalitite. Clef as rocker , Venu corvi as defogger and Zera as speed control. Chandy prob is lucarionite to stop cosmic power mew sets.
On preview , Andy has multiple mons that can stall dracovish even with rain in form of Mew and Clef. However if skysolo could get rocks up, then Vish will have 0 switch ins. Skysolo only way to stop a Sable mew set up is to offensively pressurise it with vish which is also a concern for them and thus their game plan should revolve around getting rain early and hopefully go for the vish sweep. Still things looks well for Andy in terms of match up and his game plan should be keeping clef healthy to easily stall out vish.

Turn 1 we see an aggresive lead from Skysolo to catch Clef which i feel is the way to go considering this mu. This also kind makes me think that Dugtrio is indeed altarianite. Unfortunately for them, Andy leads with Mew and reveals its Cosmic power Sable mew. Skysolo switches to clef which probably is carrying toxic. Andy, thinking this, switches to corvi while solo too doubles into his own. Turn 4 is a big turn for solo as thy get a crit on Andy's clef which is a huge boon for Vish.This also forces Andy to switch out as a subsequent moonblast will KO.Turn 6 they get their own rocks up but also letting Chandy get a +1 spA boost in the process. Turn 7 is also a huge turn as Skysolo prob predicting Andy to get another CM up, switches to their Pelipper but Andy KO's it with Shadow ball. This essentially means Vish only has these 8 turns to sweep now which is a problem for Skysolo. Im not sure if Peli was an intended sack or not but imo it wouldve made much more sense if Skysolo wouldve gone to Indeedee first, forcing Andy to click Fire blast and then switching to peli tanking the fire type move and then sacking Indeedee to get Vish up on rain altho i do admit this sequence wouldve been a disaster if andy decided to cm again rather than going for shadow ball.
Either ways Turn 8 we see Vish coming up and putting up a sub which is a great play. Turn 10 Andy gets rid of the Substitute altho sacking Hydrei in this process. Turn 12 is very unfortunate for Skysolo as they miss out on a 62.5% chance of ohking the corvi and this takes another turn of rain.
252+ Atk Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Corviknight in Rain: 331-391 (82.7 - 97.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO (im assuming corvi wasnt phy def invested and vish was adamant. This actually mattered a ton for solo as with corvi out he couldve closed the endgame with clef if zera was lopunnite)
Turn 15 solo needs to get the crit on mew asap before it can set up. This doesnt happen tho and Solo is now forced to go to his Corvi which reveals to be bulk up. However the set is U-turn/roost/BU/Heavy Slam which means mew will win 1v1. This is essentially what happens and it dents the team enough for Corvi to clean.
Prob the best Game of this week due to the team Skysolo brought altho in the end Mew claims another victim

Redflix vs Gmansour https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1116291514

My team was build around sablenite Hydreigon which basically was my main Spd wall on my team . it was custom evs with enough speed for non mega evolved clef with a -spe nature, heavily spd invested and some spA to get better rolls on some mons. Paired it up with Pins Hippo which had mixed bulk, Body press corvi to stop excadrill sweep, glalitite exca in case gman brought spikes ho and meta zera with play rough > grass knot. The clef was toxic > heal bell as my mu vs stored power mew was really bad and toxic atleast helped with it somewhat
Gman brought a very standard exca build until u notice the dragapult. Not knowing whether it was lucarionite or diancite was a bit scary but it was still managable. I knew the mew was sablenite and the exca prob adamant metagrossite.
I think i def had the mu advantage unless the mew was cosmic power.

Turn 1 I lead with corvi as there was no zera to threaten me out as he leads with Pult. It reveals to be diancite but im still not sure if its physical or special. Turn 4 I reveal Sablenite Hydrei and u-turn out to an incoming clef switch in thus maintaining the momentum. Turn 6 Gman thinking i would either volt switch or cc stays in and u-turns out to get the momentum but unfortunately for him , I clicked plasma fist and his corvi loses a ton of hp. Turn 7 i volt switch out to my hydrei on the pult. The main thinking was that i would immediately switch to clef and see if the pult is physical or not. Thankfully the bluff worked and Gman didnt u-turn there and revealed the pult to be special. Turn 9 is kinda a misplay from me as i thought moonblast from clef 2hkoed corvi at that range but turns out it doesnt and gman is able to heal back the damage. Turn 13 i think gman shouldve healed up his clef instead of using moonblast becz now clef is in range of zera. The following turns i just keep maintaining the momentum with volt switch + uturn. Turn 19 gman stays in and prob clicked soft boiled but unfort for him, i reveal i am cc + play rough zera and Clef gets KO'd.
Turn 20 is also a misplay from gman as going for tspikes when there is sablenite mon is unnecessarily risking it getting bounced back. Turn 23 the corvi is seen to be iron defense + body press which is a great tech for stopping exca. I also think i risked my hydrei for nothing as if gman got a crit there , he wouldve prob won the game now that my answer to sable mew was gone. After this i get the oportunity to heal by hydrei back which puts me in a good position.
The next big turn is at 52 where gman reveals to be wow + hex pult and tries to fish for crit on clef . he doesnt get it and pult gets KO'd in the process. Now his only way to win is via an exca sweep but since i'm bpress corvi, the game is essentially over at this point.
I think had gman played a bit more aggressively, he couldve easily gained momentum and put me in a tough spot. However i do think i had all the tools to stop gman's team and thus it wouldve been difficult for him to do so.

Chazm vs Multi https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1116298091

Multi brought a very standard looking exca + sablenite build. (yes at this point if u ever see a mew at preview, always believe it is running sablenite). Hydrei as the chandy answer , Clef for rocks, Zera as speed control and probably Banetite pex for Cosmic Power Mew.
On the other hand chazm has brought an unusual build altho 4 of the mons are the same. im guessing he didnt want to use Hydrei so ended up running Umbreon. Goli is also an interesting mon and could work as a decent spike setter + sd wall breaker.
Chazm's Exca looks more scary as multi's only switch in is sablenite mew which gets 2hkoed after sr unless the pex is latiasite or their own exca is latiosite. Goli is also kinda threatening in this mu. On multi's side he could put in some work with hydrei and if its cosmic power mew, it could potentially sweep.

Turn 1 chazm immediately reveals he is cm varient, Turn 2 multi switched out to hydrei while chazm predicting this, switches to his clefable. Turn 5 we see a problem for multi. Every time Goli comes in against exca, it will get a spike up, since multi cant stay in or switch to mew fearing a liquidation or leech life respectively. Turn 6-8 , multi tries to fish for scald burn on mew but doesnt get it and this continues his streak of not getting burns from scald. Turn 11 umbreon is revealed to be venusaurite which ig is to check chandy but then u realise hydreigon does that as well and can actually do damage to other mons.(later after the match chazm revealed umbreon had snarl so ig that + wish support for goli is a reason to run it over hydrei) Turn 12 hydrei is seen to be gardevoirite and gets a kill on the umbreon. This is actually really good for multi as now mew can actually put in some work and wish support for goli is gone.
Turn 15 Chazm set up with exca and multi switches to mew. Multi goes to fish for the scald burn and GETS IT... yeah no multi cant get a scald burn.
After this , multi's forced to sack mew which puts chazm in a p good situitaion. Turn 21 -26 we see chazm getting a spike and sr up which further solidifies his position in the game. Turn 27 multi stays in with pex prob trying to bluff latiasite pex. chazm does not evolve his exca to ensure he hits and pex dies. After this multi has little to no chance to win this game unless chazm pulls out a choke. Fortunately for him, he plays the rest of the game pretty cleanly and wins it.
Exca had a pretty good showing this game and gardevoirite hydrei was a good tech by multi. For some reason mew did nothing this game and still claimed another victim.

hopefully someone else does this next week and stops me from embarrassing myself. Looking forward to this week since zera is gone altho i doubt we'll see anything other than mew + hydrei

Fardin

Tournament Banned
i'm bored so i wanna do some mnm predicts. gonna be 110% honest so no hate pls

Jordy (56) vs Mark K (44) - ngl, I'm really impressed with Jordy and he picked up the metagame mad fast with the help of stresh and etc. he already proved that he can mess with top tiers and get a comfy win in + he got that stresh support with the teams he brings. On the other hand, i think this is mark's first time in mnm slot this ompl, but i know he has been helping skysolo since week 1 and he deserves this opportunity. altho i love Mark, i got to give the edge here to Jordy. Jordy is the more solid player, and with a stresh support, it puts him a bit above mark. despite this tho, as we saw last week with that skysolo's team, mark can come up with some really nutty ideas and take the W for himself if he preps well. Either way this should be a fun one.

Redflix (61) vs Multi (49)- hm, this is another really even match up. both super solid players who can easily pull off a win here, but i think this prediction will be similar to what i said about redflix vs pigeons. Redflix is the better builder, multi is the better player. The thing here is tho that, multi is really just slightly above redflix in terms of playing ability, but redflix is like a whole level above multi when it comes to teams, and as we know how mu based most games are, I'm giving the edge here to redflix.

Chazm (47) vs Pigeons (63) - even tho chazm is a super super solid player, he would tell you himself that gen 8 mnm is just not really his forte, and with zera and luna gone, idk how well he will really adapt into mewmnm. Despite some lucks and etc, as always, pigeons has been a solid player thruout this tour and he has the better chances to get the W here. but again i wouldn't be surprised if chazm too.

e. ignore the math

Last edited:
Siamato's camomons french frog review

Hi everyone and welcome to this Camomons review which appears a long time after Euphonos's weather forecast! There are really interesting review in AAA, BH and MnM so that would be a shame not to do the same thing here!

Part 1

Dugza
1590021181825.png
vs
1590021226316.png
Havens

Dugza's team​
Haven's team​
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1116285079

Introduction:

A match between 2 players using Umbreon wich is not that often played in Camomons (and idk why they chose to play that mon but why not I guess). Havens play Camo since gen7 and have a good understanding of the tier, he's actually in 2 - 0 since he took the Camo slot so it's a good record! However he is facing DugZa who won the first Camomons tour of gen8 (but he did not particularly impressed as he played rather strange teams using Peck Toxapex for Flying type, man... really? :c). Unfortunaly for him, his record is actually quite bad with 1 – 4 in Camomons that is not a really good start in OMPL and on the Camomons field.

Preview

We have a really fat team From DugZa like the one he played W1 with just Conkeldurr to possibly rk with Mach-Punch. At preview, it's hard to guess the typing because Lapras is certainly his Dracovish/rain answer, running Water Absorb with either a Bug/Ground or Steel/Ground option. Umbreon is certainly Dark/Ghost like the one he played W1 (Which means he runs Confuse Ray
messi.png
).
Assuming Umbreon is Dark/Ghost, it could be Dark/Poison Pex for the Dark/Ghost resist and the toxic immunity. But the two have a similar role and are really passive. Another indication is Lapras/Hatterene, they can't heal themselves so the Umbreon must run Wish.
Hatterene should be Fairy to help Conkeldurr against Dark/Ghost and to prevent Corsola-g/Jelli from using Strength Sap thanks to magic bounce (anw Conk can Knock corso-g so he’s okay facing those). Conk is probably Normal/Fight but DugZa really like to play Fight/Dark Conk. I Suppose it's not the case here because of the aforementioned Dark Pex/Umbreon. Finally, Mew must have a defensive typing which provide a good answer against a standard Mew Ground/Fly DD, maybe a fire resist too (to be honest idk it's Mew guys lol).

I don't like his team. It seems really passive; Mew have SR otherwise DugZa have no entry hazards. Moreover, I don’t think he’s playing hazard removal and might rely solely on Hatterene but it's seems complicate.

For Havens, it's a classical rain team. Pelli rain setter, Dpult fast rain sweeper (Elec/), Drednaw rain setup and fast sweeper (Water/Ground or Water/Bug), Dracovish scarf/band double stab, Rhyperior as Elec immunity and Mew certainly double water resist (Grass/Water or Dragon/Water) against rain abusers like Vish or Pult spec). A standard and good rain!

MU: 40/60 for Havens, he can pressure Lapras so much if DugZa doesn’t have another Water resist. Conkeldurr break fat/balanced team but haven't a good mu here.

Game

Standard Pelli lead vs Toxapex. Dark Pex reveal immediately Knock Off so Havens needs to switch to keep his Damp Rock but he stays and hits Knock and DugZa prefered Toxic. Not a really good T1 on both sides in my books. T2 Havens bring in Dracovish but DugZa decides to click Knock, Dracovish loses its Choice Band, which is a great loss for Havens. Havens has probably been impatient after seeing his favourable MU.
DugZa reveals a Perish trapper Lapras but Mew escapes it with Teleport and take some chip damage on Lapras. Wanting to have his SR up, DugZa weakens his Mew. Havens loses Pelli’s Damp Rock on another Knock Off, which is very problematic. Dracovish resists on DugZa’s team are weakened and can't take 2 Psychic Fang anymore, Havens "just has" to click correctly with Dracovish to take one kill. After that Havens played very well with Drednaw and breaks step by step DugZa's team. DugZa can now only suffer the game as his Conkeldurr is completely walled by Havens's Rhyperior which is Water/Bug. Havens finally won this long game after a last try from DugZa to stall with Pex+Umbreon+Lapras.

There have been some interesting play on both side but Havens mostly played better and especially with Drednaw SD. DugZa could have succeeded to temporize the rain but his team was really too passive and Conk was walled by Rhyperior very well.

Akashi
1590021251343.png
vs
1590021265455.png
Metariolu7

Akashi's teamMetariolu7's team

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1116430980

Introduction

Interesting game here between a veteran who have played OM for a long time, and a newer player which however has already demonstrated his skill!

In the field of Camomons I don't have many memories of Akashi performing in this tier, except for the Camo tour 1 (gen7) where he reached semi-finals against me, I think he is playing in camo in this tour because his team lacked a real Camomons main but I could be wrong.

Metariolu however, is a name I've associated with good results, especially because of his good run in Camo tour II (gen7) and more recently on the Camo tour I (gen8) where he made semi-finals. His ig level is really good and he impressed me when he played against my dude, LaBalladeDesCieux !

Preview

Balanced vs balanced, same speed control (Dragapult) and breaker (Conkeldurr) on both sides. Water resist is obviously Seismitoad for Akashi and for Metariolu it's certainly Mew.
Akashi most likely plays Jira Wish to increase the longevity of his Seismi/Chandel. Seismi is the SR setter.
In Metariolu’s team it's likely Mew Defog while Clef is the SR setter.

Both teams looks good anyways and I don't see any real weaknesses in either of them!

It's hard to see a real advantage here at preview but I would still give it to Metariolu7 for 2 reasons:

• It seems there's no really reliable counter to Conkeldurr in Akashi's team while Metariolu7 might be able to work around it with a Ghost/Fight Reuniclus or a Ghost/Dark Clefable.
  • Wait, where is the Mew in Akashi's team!? Is there no hazard removal in Akashi's team or is it defog Conk!? :blobthinking:

MU: 45/55 for Metariolu7, Akashi probably doesn't have enough of a good Conk answer but on the other hand we see that Seismitoad completely walls Metariolu's Dracovish.

Game

Metariolu starts with Clef which is absolutely safe considering it's Dark/Ghost and Akashi's team seems have a lot of trouble dealing with this one. Akashi leads with Seismitoad which can get SR up easily against a Water/Ghost or Ghost/Elec Dragapult so this wasn’t a bad idea!

Akashi sets his SR up but loses his lefties on Seismitoad which is quite bad considering he seems to struggle to remove entry hazards. Any damage dealt on Toad is paramount as it need to in safely vs Dracovish.
Akashi reveals that his Jira is Fly/Steel which is a decent check to Conk but seems really passive as well. During the following turns Akashi plays very well, especially against Conk which is a great threat for his team.
T17 and T18 are really important because Akashi wanted to get his SR up again (after a Defog) against Reuniclus but his Seismitoad got down to 7% HP due to Flash Cannon + Energy Ball. Akashi is practically helpless against Dracovish.
After that, there are some weird turns during which Akashi CM on Knock Clef and Meta just clicks Knock with Reuniclus thinking it would kill. These turns result in the loss of Conkeldurr for Metariolu7.
Akashi succeeded to put his Tspikes up and to avoid Mew coming on the field. Actually his team was a status spam (TW + Tspikes) with 2 Hex users which is really interesting!
Metariolu7 probably choked with Dracovish attempting a sub despite the presence of Dragapult wich have Infiltrator, he takes 37,5% for nothing and that will appear to be very important later on :/
Finally, Metariolu7 lack of patience when trying to bring Dracovish in while he could have just temporized with Clefable and win the versus against Pex and Conk.

0 Atk Clefable Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Dragapult: 218-260 (68.7 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Clefable Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 210-248 (66.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Shadow Ball Dpult isn't optimal on as you can see on these calcs. Knock Off had better chances to kill it (Dpult had 76%) EXCEPT if it was -Atk Clef, in that case it's ok to try to have the roll (I think Knocking the specs was useless because in any case Mew can't live two Hex).

Finally, Akashi wins thanks to a full paralysis on Mew. The para obviously played because Mew could finish Dpult and pp stall Toxapex with burn+para.

The game was really interesting but I really feel Metariolu7 choked the game to finally lose on the para.

Thanks for reading and the rest soon! (it depends on my laziness lol). Thanks a lot to my corrector Altthiel ! :blobnom: (and GO MAGS $o$)

Last edited:
Mengy's OMPL VIII Week 6 Community Content Review

This OMPL has seen a ton of hype, with many users writing small novels of event coverage commentary and win predictions. Which posts are worth reading and which ones are likewhore drivel? Read on to find out!

THINKERINO'S GEERAT'S AESF'S RACOOL'S ROZES' TOTALLY ON TIME MAMP'S OMPL BH Review AAA Edition: Week 5
Thinkerino kicks off this week's metagame commentary with an AAA review. Predictably, his post begins with a recap of his own game last week, which he won. He then covers the rest of the week's games in play-by-play style (and big ol paragraphs) and wraps up with some standard commentary about the state of the meta. Worth a read if you're interested in AAA.

hullo i am highlighter and this is my certified like farm post pls like this post

Will this post get 3 likes??? PLs like this post????

thx reading
highlighter innovates the metagame commentary metagame by announcing in the first line that it's a likewhore post -- unsurprisingly, this nets him many more likes than the average post on this page. His post is a nice look into the mind of a BH player as he covers every key turn in all the games. Unfortunately, this is BH we're talking about, so each game is like 400 turns and his post ends up being Moby Dick-sized. Worth a read for BH fans with some time to kill.

Now that we have studied the past from the few nice posts above us, let us take a look on the future with my Predicts for this week. Also I do not intend to do more biased or weighted picks like 100 - 0 cause I want all the players to know that THEY ALWAYS HAVE A FAIR CHANCE TO WIN NO MATTER WHO THEY FACE!!!!
The first prediction post of the week, King Leo roots for his friends and tour favorites. His predictions stay on the safe side, only judging 2 matches to be more lopsided than 60-40. If you're new to the OM tour scene you could find this post informative.

ok so since the LAZY BUMS In The Hills and drampa's grandpa have been slacking in having some STABmons game commentary I guess I will stop being hopeful and start doing some commentary more then halfway thru this hax-ridden tournament. Smh
Funbot takes on the burden of this week's STABmons review in a post dripping with shade. Similar to Thinkerino and highlighter, she covers each match and concludes with some metagame commentary, but her conclusion comes nicely illustrated with some Pokémon sprites which I think really helps the readability! A nice, snarky post.

For the past week my pet project which I've been spamming in certain private rooms has been analyzing players to figure out what their ELO would be if we treated this like a ladder. So, without further ado...

The Spinda Wheels (xavgb, Jordy) - [6][0] - The Temper Tyrantrums (OM, drampa's grandpa)

woah why is my team gettin 6-0'd here D:
It's not every day you see a manager predicting his own team to lose 0-6! For that reason alone, it's worth checking out drampa's rating system-based prediction post. In there you'll also find discussion of his methodology and some entertaining and far-better-informed-than average predictions.

I give this post a Mengy Medal of Honor!

Skysolo hey, did u rlly wanna play me bad enough to sub 5-0 god plas out :cowboy:

:corviknight: The Crown Jewel Corviknights (SBPC, Andyboy) - [1][5] - The Money Magearnas (Funbot28, GL Volkner) :magearna:
SS Almost Any Ability: Thinkerino vs Dragonillis - The aaa pool this year makes me sad bc there's been far too many games I honestly give 0 fucks about, this being one of them. I guess the dragonguy in stab and funbun in aaa didnt work out so they switched it back up? Unfortunately I have to condemn Thinkerino for giving rozes that stall team and robbing my pleasure as a viewer from me.
The brand name viv predicts are back! vivalospride elegantly role compresses likewhoring and scheduling by tagging his opponent at the top of the post. His predictions are based on the exact opposite of fact and for this reason they get the most attention of any post on this page.

I give this post a Mengy Medallion of Entertainment Value!

Since no one is doing it this week, its up to the least qualified player to do the MNM OMPL WEEK 5 REVIEW

hopefully someone else does this next week and stops me from embarrassing myself. Looking forward to this week since zera is gone altho i doubt we'll see anything other than mew + hydrei
A modest Redflix steps up to the task of delivering MnM game commentary, continuing the pattern of people who won their game last week offering their two cents. Though he does not add metagame notes like other posters, he is also the only person on this page considerate enough to put their long paragraphs in hide buttons. A nice read for MnM fans.

i'm bored so i wanna do some mnm predicts. gonna be 110% honest so no hate pls

Redflix (61) vs Multi (49)

Chazm (47) vs Pigeons (63)
Fardin is 110% honest so he makes all of the numbers add up to 110%.

Siamato's camomons french frog review

Dugza's team​
Haven's team​
Siamato's camomons french frog review sets the bar sky-high in terms of formatting excellence. He must have spent at least ten minutes setting up the tables containing each Pokémon's typing. Seeing the information presented like that really helped me follow his post. Great read, I hope you finish it!

I give this post a Mengy Trophy of Readability!

Subbing out London13, since he isn't in our lineup, at all, and you didn't notice, and I wanted to test whether you noticed it or not.

Subbing in TonyFlygon for London13. I don't wanna push it :3
Honorable mention goes to Chloe for derailing the tournament for her and our entertainment.

I give this post a Mengy Badge of Mischief!

Be sure to like this post for more OMPL Community Content Review!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)