2011 Music

hey guys everyone should make an effort to download the new real estate album its incredible
yeah new real estate is astounding, 2 seconds into 'easy' i knew i was in for a wonderful experience

also veronica falls is goodgoodgood. in the next couple days i'll briefly review some recent ones ive been into

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
man, i needa find some new tunes; i haven't been able to find anything in recent memory that's blown me away.

real estate is definitely cool though.

looking forward to glen's reviews

BADBADNOTGOOD - BBNG

Wonderful jazz album i've been listening to recently. Probably the most interesting thing about this album is the tracklist. There are some originals, but most of the songs are covers, and most of the covers are hip hop songs (not all of them are hip hop covers though; Mass Appeal / Transmission has a wonderful jump from the Gang Starr tune to the Joy Division song). The transition from hip hop to jazz works very well, all of the covers feel faithful to the original without being a retread of it. The playing is excellent, and the vibe is often very chill. Just a wonderful jazz album that I really enjoyed a lot.

Probably not the best track on the album but the one I'm sure will interest the most people on this forum; Ocarina of Time: Title Theme / Saria's Song / Song of Storms

!resurrect

new justice is out
it is a decidedly different album from Cross - not as dark or dance-y, but fun, and does bring some solid tracks to the table
Helix, Canon, and Civilization are standouts. The rest aren't phenomenal, and one or two (Ohio, Newlands) left me feeling a bit unimpressed, but at least there's no fucking Uffie on this record.....
not bad, not Cross
doesn't have anything that comes close to Waters of Nazareth but hey, worth a listen

good shit

RINGO DEATHSTARR - COLOUR TRIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxyYPlv4RVs

ok so this is a band who i went out of my way to ignore because of their obnoxious name. BOY is that one for the missed opportunities thread!!!!! this album sounds exactly like loveless (no NOT the final fantasy 7 play you fucking nerd) which sounds boring until you remember how great loveless is and how you've probably always wanted another album to sound like it.

kaleidoscope is an oneiric masterpiece of a track but it makes me mad because kaleidoscope is one of the few words whose spelling makes me second guess myself, and i'd rather not be groped by the clammy hand of doubt you know

DIE VOGEL - FRATZENGULASCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIIK1jdMHUA

probably one of the best videos ive ever seen. dancy and haunting. imagine ghost kids? remember in the first silent hill game when you went to the school and those wee ghouls with knives just would not lay the fuck off???? that's what this track is like, only with an umlaut

VERONICA FALLS - VERONICA FALLS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE6BFAwzwLU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WY-Iin7P_w

the picture is a lil baby but its negatively correlated to how much i like the album!!!! the only way come on over could be a better track is if it was a cover of the christina aguilera song of the same name BUT that's a minor nitpick. song is super twee and cute. its kind of like a baby snow leopard.

beachy head is also a stellar song but more because listening to it is what it feels like to wear a really nice jean jacket. also kind of sounds like a mummy longboarding. does he care that his bandages might get caught in his wheels? no, of course not. don't be an idiot.

GRIMES / D'EON - DARKBLOOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxC2XLePDWQ

i'm not going to talk about d'eon because he's zzz but GRIMES, oh man. the cutest little witch ever, even cuter than that girl from worst witch, which was a terrible show. i shouldn't have brought it up. as i said in my witch house thread, she apparently locks herself in a windowless room with no food and little water in an effort to compose 'real music'. if starvation makes you compose songs that sound this cute then post-meal grimes would probably sound like a video of maru the cat.

vanessa gets hype at 1:37 and makes me feel a bit gay for dancing to it but i think about naked babes while doing it so that balances it out i hope................

New M83 is fantastic. Honestly if it wasn't a double album, and they cut it down to maybe 10 songs, it would be the best thing the 2010's have had so far.

I also found the new Justice to be very weak.

someone mentioned it earlier i think but holy shit is exmilitary an interesting fucking album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htl3XWUhUOM&feature=related

rage-rap about how it would feel to be a tachyon ?_? this is a post-grime post-tyler post-apocalyptic purveyor of something, but even if that something remains impenetrable on my hundredth trip through this album, well, the journey's more important than the destination, right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E

itgoesitgoesitgoesitgoesitgoesitgoesitgoesitgoes this is one of those songs where i can't help but imagine it being thrown back in time and somehow listened to by people who didn't understand what happened to the sun at night, forever altering the course of human history

anyways this album makes me think of an angry anticon only since it's not a bunch of nasal white guys itll get more cred. it's weird and challenging and it will probably confront you with long-forgotten emotional responsibilities, but whats probably weirdest is just how damned accessible the whole thing is.

also theres no way your parents will like it so thats cool...!

I would like that album a lot more (they beats on it are fairly nice) if the rapper didn't sound like an incoherent hobo screaming at the top of his lungs. I've given Death Grips multiple tries in the past and ugh I just can't stand his flow or delivery. Gonna post some thoughts on quite a few 2011 albums sometime soon, most of them gonna be metal, just because that's what I've been listening to recently :P

Super chill stuff, electronic down-tempo almost IDM/Minimal, released oct. 25.

I don't know if anyone else likes this type of music but he released his track, Walk, free on iTunes, so that's always a plus.

Honestly think I'm so desperate for new DOOM that pretty much anything would have pleased me. Still digging it, but I already foresee it wearing off. Tbh I think the biggest issue is that DOOM's flow is off; the lyrics are pretty standard DOOM (meaning good) and I like the beat, but something about his flow is just forced a bit.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
SUPERBUMP, Childish Gambino (aka Donald Glover from Community for those of you who haven't heard of him) just released Camp in its entirety on NPR for a preview, streaming only though. Listen here.

doom's flow is still the same slippery and jumbled mess we love, its just so slow it sounds like hes trying to think of what to say in between line.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seconding how awesome Camp is. I was at the Gambino concert on Nov. 3rd and when he started Bonfire the room exploded. It was one of the best experiences I can remember having.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)