Set Your Goals - Burning At Both Ends
Sum 41 - Screaming Bloody Murder
FOO FIGHTERS kjshsadjhjd
The Blackout - Hope
The Strokes - Angles
Four Year Strong
Rise Against - Endgame
Blink 182
Didn't know FYS was putting out a new album, that's sweet, I hope it's as good as RODT, not that Enemy of the World was bad, but RODT can't be beat, and there was a disappointing amount of synth on Enemy of the World. :C

New Strokes, Under Cover of Darkness is pretty good, but it might just because I haven't listened to the Strokes in a long time and I didn't know I missed the sound.

Let England Shake is so far the year's best. Whoa.
I'll come back to it again for sure, but I'm kind of disappointed after the first listen. It's pretty great, yes, but I felt a little unsatisfied in the end.

Tim Hecker's Ravedeath, 1972 is really brilliant. I don't like ambient that much, but he totally kills it on this one.

New The Rural Alberta Advantage is great, but it isn't as good as Hometowns. There are some amazing tracks ("Under the Knife", "Tornado '87"), but the slower tracks are kind of dragging. Nothing as good as "Don't Haunt This Place", "The Deadroads", either.

im happy to say james blake's album has completely grown on me since i first listened to it. im not quite sure why i wasn't enjoying it before now, and its for sure my aoty so far.

also came across this, which was pretty interesting. seems "the wilhelm scream" is a cover of a song his father wrote called "where to turn".
the blog is kind of silly and over the top talking about whether blake has a strained relationship with his father because of song lyrics, but it was an interesting read.

New The Rural Alberta Advantage is great, but it isn't as good as Hometowns. There are some amazing tracks ("Under the Knife", "Tornado '87"), but the slower tracks are kind of dragging. Nothing as good as "Don't Haunt This Place", "The Deadroads", either.
I can't wait to check this album out, even if it isn't as good as Hometowns. Thanks again for turning me on to this band Zoro.

I really hated Let England Shake on the first listen, mostly because her voice felt unbearable. After the second listen, shit is amazing. I think it's gonna grow on me even more. She never dissapoints...(ok...well white chalk is an exception...)

Also, John, I've listened to DBT before. I know what they're about. I just wasn't feeling Go-go boots.

It's the two mindlessly uplifting songs, I'm guessing. You know which ones.

But yeah, Let England Shake is up there with Dry, Rid Of Me, To Bring You My Love, and even Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea. Great addition to a genius discography, glad to have her back after eleven.

khuda are releasing a new album this year sometime, should be good. may as well list down what i can think of that i'm looking forward to/have already got...

got already
earth - angels of darkness, demons of light i
merkabah - lyonesse
acid witch - stoned
sirenia - the enigma of life

awaiting
opeth - idk
meshuggah - idk
within temptation - the unforgiving
nemesea - idk
tool - idk
lunatica - idk
gojira - idk
stream of passion - idk
cynic - idk
nightwish - imaginarium
lacuna coil - idk
jesu - idk
dredg - idk
khuda - idk
leaves' eyes - meredead
krypteria - all beauty must die
a storm of light - as the valley of death becomes us, our silver memories fade
oomph! - idk
mastodon - idk
queens of the stone age - idk
foo fighters - idk
them crooked vultures - idk
nine inch nails - idk
radiohead - idk
amorphis - idk
moonspell - idk
delain - idk

probably forgotten a few.

Didn't know FYS was putting out a new album, that's sweet, I hope it's as good as RODT, not that Enemy of the World was bad, but RODT can't be beat, and there was a disappointing amount of synth on Enemy of the World. :C
Yeah, they posted a status last month saying that the new songs were coming along great and that they sounded a little different to normal FYS. It's either gonna be an EP or a full-blown album which is pretty cool. In any case, absolutely agree, RODT's one of my all time favourite albums. Enemy of the World was overproduced and John Feldmann produced it, so yeah... hopefully they'll record with someone else this time and avoid his evil touch. Definitely agree on the disappointing amount of synth, What the Hell is a Gigawatt's synth was so weak and disappointing. If it was louder would've been best song on the album hands down. They need to give poor Josh louder synth lines :(

anyone care about hip hop and seen the video for the new tyler the creator song? its gooood. second album drops in april.

YONKERS

forget the hype train blogosphere stuff, this is amazing shit right here. i couldnt be happier about the rise and rise of odd future. (blogosphere is a horrible word. i hate that word.)

Yeah, they posted a status last month saying that the new songs were coming along great and that they sounded a little different to normal FYS. It's either gonna be an EP or a full-blown album which is pretty cool. In any case, absolutely agree, RODT's one of my all time favourite albums. Enemy of the World was overproduced and John Feldmann produced it, so yeah... hopefully they'll record with someone else this time and avoid his evil touch. Definitely agree on the disappointing amount of synth, What the Hell is a Gigawatt's synth was so weak and disappointing. If it was louder would've been best song on the album hands down. They need to give poor Josh louder synth lines :(
Yeah honestly, it doesn't even feel like he's in the band more than half the time.

But I think the best song on the album is the bonus track 'Listen, do you smell something?'

Yeah honestly, it doesn't even feel like he's in the band more than half the time.

But I think the best song on the album is the bonus track 'Listen, do you smell something?'
Yeah definitely, I can imagine he'd be a lot more involved live, like doing all the screaming and the synth being hella louder and stuff... still though, really? Fair enough I guess, I thought it was a bit off when I listened to it for some reason... flannel is the colour of my energy here, for one thing you can actually hear the synth. That or find my way back, loved the riffs on that song.
In any case, looking forward to having some different stuff, there's been a different sound with each of their albums which is pretty cool. I wish wish WISH they'd re-record it's our time though, that would be amazing!

Lady Gaga's first single, Born This Way, was released today and obliterated iTunes Top 20 lol.

It's one of those "be who you are~" tracks. Great vocals with moderately cheesy lyrics backed by an icy dance beat that draws a lot from disco, and 80s/90s Madonna. Pretty good song imo.

Within Temptation, they are kinda like nightwish but not as catchy and their singer has a better range than Nightwish's new singer. I'm kind of disappointed by the single but I'll pick up their new album same as Nightwish.

www.ladygaga.com to hear the single. I love the line "don't be a drag but be a queen"

you know what i really dont like? internet rage over peoples music taste. that shit is just the worst, and all this talk about odd future is just reminding me how fucking awful it is.

lets make this thread a wonderful happy place, you guys.

i agree born this way is pretty great, too

AJers

Your typical e-wench
Bruno Mars, Runaway Baby.

My sister bought his CD today when we were shopping and man, that song is like our new theme song. :)

the idea of a dubstep wobble in a britney spears song is both crazy and kind of hilarious in my eyes. if youd said britney spears would have to resort to a dubstep wobble to become relevant again like five-ten years ago you'd have been a crazy person.

or maybe its just because dubstep as pop music is only now becoming edgy in the us, iono. i guess im kinda curious, has dubstep in the us carried over as what it seems to currently be in the uk, where its basically a dick waggling contest of who can have the filthiest and biggest bass wobble and everything sounds the same?

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
"if I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me"

How do you get away with being that cheesey?

Have a nice day.

Whoa, the Grammys named The Suburbs album of the year! Best quote of the night Win Butler:"OK we're gonna go play another song cuz we like music!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)