5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Um, I'm trying to breed a Brave Tepig with Superpower. However I'm not sure how to do the RNG. Do I follow the same guide on how to RNG wild Pokemon/Legends or is it different?

I'm trying to find my DS parameters, unfortunately, rather stupidly i saved in the house before thundurus' IVs are set, does that mean i won't be able to calabrate my DS parameters, as at the moment the only thing i can do is to catch thundurus? Or do i simply have to just not RNG thundurus?

Um, I'm trying to breed a Brave Tepig with Superpower. However I'm not sure how to do the RNG. Do I follow the same guide on how to RNG wild Pokemon/Legends or is it different?
The process is exactly the same for breeding as for catching wild Pokemon, with one minor difference: eggs start at frame 8. So any spread you find before frame 8 is unusable when breeding.

I'm still trying to understand shiny RNGing. I filled in my ID and SID in the Time Finder and found a flawless shiny on frame 40, but when I got the egg, the IVs were right but it wasn't shiny. What else do I need to do?

The process is exactly the same for breeding as for catching wild Pokemon, with one minor difference: eggs start at frame 8. So any spread you find before frame 8 is unusable when breeding.

I'm still trying to understand shiny RNGing. I filled in my ID and SID in the Time Finder and found a flawless shiny on frame 40, but when I got the egg, the IVs were right but it wasn't shiny. What else do I need to do?
Are you copying the full seed from time finder into method 5 natures? I think you have to to get the real results.

Hey guys. A couple questions concerning encounter slots.

1. How do you know which results can be affected by a Synchronizer in PPRNG's Standard Seed Inspector? Something to do with the 0's and 1's?

2. How would I go about using the encounter slots to get the Pokemon I want?
Here's the situation. I'm currently aiming for a Vanillite. Seed 0D8CEF77D86CE174, 4/05/11, at 1:00:59. I know that the ESV for it are 4, 5, 7, 9, and 11, but I honestly have no idea of where to go from there. When I do happen to get a Vanillite, it's got the right IVs, but it's always Adamant and not Naive (which would be my Synch's nature). Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any help. If more information is needed, I'd be more than happy to provide it.

E: Not sure if it's at all relevant, but I've gotten that one Adamant, Likes to thrash about, Female, Lv. 20 Vanillite probably 5+ times now. Kind of annoying after a while, haha. :P

Are you copying the full seed from time finder into method 5 natures? I think you have to to get the real results.
Thanks for the response. Can you give me a little bit more information about this? I don't know anything about method 5 natures; clearly I'm not as on top of things as I thought. :/

Thanks for the response. Can you give me a little bit more information about this? I don't know anything about method 5 natures; clearly I'm not as on top of things as I thought. :/
I've only just started using method 5 natures myself, but when I tried to calibrate my PIDRNG frame, I found no results until I tried copying the full seed. I was mad, too, I thought I had found a shiny perfect Virizion on frame 74. No such luck. I'll get back to you if I find out more, but try the full seed. Either that, or you have your SID wrong.

Edit: You may also need to calibrate for your starting PIDRNG frame. Record what nature/ability/gender the egg is after 0, 1, and 2 saves and see if you can find those results on frame x, x+1, and x+2 in method 5 natures. x is your starting frame.

So basiclly I cant Non-C Gear RNG on a English version on an emulator?Will this change later on?
Oh,And can Japaneese versions non-C gear RNG on emulators?

So what exactly is the difference between the wild/stationary/gift drop down on the time finder under method 5 - standard (Non-C-Gear)?
I did some time finding, and the same spreads appear on the same frame at the same times/seed for all 3, kinda makes the choice seem redundant.
the only difference I found was in the roamers selection.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys. A couple questions concerning encounter slots.

1. How do you know which results can be affected by a Synchronizer in PPRNG's Standard Seed Inspector? Something to do with the 0's and 1's?

2. How would I go about using the encounter slots to get the Pokemon I want?
Here's the situation. I'm currently aiming for a Vanillite. Seed 0D8CEF77D86CE174, 4/05/11, at 1:00:59. I know that the ESV for it are 4, 5, 7, 9, and 11, but I honestly have no idea of where to go from there. When I do happen to get a Vanillite, it's got the right IVs, but it's always Adamant and not Naive (which would be my Synch's nature). Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any help. If more information is needed, I'd be more than happy to provide it.

E: Not sure if it's at all relevant, but I've gotten that one Adamant, Likes to thrash about, Female, Lv. 20 Vanillite probably 5+ times now. Kind of annoying after a while, haha. :P
To see what a synchronizer will affect, fill in the "Synch Nature" option in the main window after you select Method 5 Natures (Theoretical). Unless there's an easier way to check it (which is what my question earlier was about, and I haven't seen an answer yet), you have to right-click on each individual frame and select "Calculate Encounter Slots" to see the value for that frame. The 0s and 1s are for determining ability, not nature.

For the people using PIDRNG.exe, are you guys getting accurate results? I've been trying to catch a jolly axew but the natures and pokemon don't match up with the program's results.

The seed I'm trying to hit is "21, 24, 1, 28, 9, 17, 31, 31, 31, 16, 31" but when I was generating seeds, the IV's i was looking for were "31/31/31/x/31/31"

1. What happened the second 31 after 16?
2. Is there any way to decide which number in seed is the start of the pokemon's IVs?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is there something on Route 6 that messes with the IVRNG? Because I just got the wrong IVs five times in a row, and I hadn't been having any trouble with previous attempts in other areas.

Okay so when the new reporter comes out we will be able to RNG shinies and flawless IV's on our English versions? And also why is half of the IV's based on luck now?

Well hold on... Are all the IV's RNG'd? And the nature, ability, gender and shinyness all luck :o
Okay wait. Lemme get this straight and please someone correct me if I'm wrong. And reply if I'm right but...

Are the IV's RNG'd apart from... Shiny, nature, gender and ability? Or are we still waiting for a new RNG reporter to make them shiny with flawless IV's and all that bla bla bla...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)