5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was just trying to find the Parameters of my DS but the search was unsuccessful
I´m using a DSlite with a real White
Which variables do i have to change and how?
You make the search range wider. You make the min values of VCount and RWTimer smaller, and the max values larger.

You make the search range wider. You make the min values of VCount and RWTimer smaller, and the max values larger.
I´ve set the VCount to 1/99 and the RWTimer to B60/D7F but there is still nothing found
Maybe I´m using the wrong time?
I use the time when I say "Yes" to the question if the C-Gear should be off.
Is this right?

Oh, I see. I forgot about that. So, does walking around in the grass even if it's only 1-3 steps advance the frame?

And, iirc, we can encounter wild pokemon without taking a step, but just by slightly touching the D-Pad so that we change our direction but not taking a step. Would that advance the frame?
New page :]

Cassie

giant claw
@dunkles lugia No. That's where I went wrong too. You click yes on the ds menu to choose the game.

@princess of Johto Walking or turning advances the frame randomly. So you need a sweet scenter.

Is there a guide out for Pokemon B/W ID/SID Abuse? I'd like to abuse my ID/SID the first time I play through the game to RNG as many legends as I can.

For non-C-Gear breeding you have to be 8 frames before your target frame. I'm guessing you advanced too much or something.

Or you could have an inconsistent RWTimer. Are you using a gamecart or a flashcart?
I'm playing on a real White cart.

I'm playing on a real White cart.
From what I've seen, your RWTimer will occasionally fluctuate on gamecarts, usually by 1. This is enough to screw up your results big-time, though. Just try it again. It's non-C-Gear; it's not like it's hard at all to hit your seed.

From what I've seen, your RWTimer will occasionally fluctuate on gamecarts, usually by 1. This is enough to screw up your results big-time, though. Just try it again. It's non-C-Gear; it's not like it's hard at all to hit your seed.
Totally agree ;). Just didn't have real time to test things around lately. Thanks for your answers !

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Totally agree ;). Just didn't have real time to test things around lately. Thanks for your answers !
"VCount"
If the black, "0x5e ~ 0x62"
If white, "0x5d ~ 0x61"

"Timer0"
If the black, "0xc77 ~ 0xc7b"
If white, "0xc66 ~ 0xc6a"

also, when did you buy your cart? when it first came out or recently?

"VCount"
If the black, "0x5e ~ 0x62"
If white, "0x5d ~ 0x61"

"Timer0"
If the black, "0xc77 ~ 0xc7b"
If white, "0xc66 ~ 0xc6a"

also, when did you buy your cart? when it first came out or recently?
I bought it as soon as it came out. Why is that a matter ?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
sorry, not sure why i wrote cart. your DS, when did you buy your DS that you're playing it on? newer ds lites can have a different timer0 value.(and maybe vcount??)

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For wild pokemon that flee, if you're slower will the wild pokemon always run away before you attack or is it by chance like when you're slower then the wild pokemon and try to run away

I"m trying to catch the genie and was wandering if I could test for the right seed and nature by doing this.

Edit: just tried and it didn't work.

My problem with the Parameters is solved now
But now I´ve got new questions:
1. Is there a alternative for the advancing of the PID Frames? saving is very time-consuming in some cases
2. Does it influence the PID Frames when I walk the steps to advance the IV Frames?
I´m not in an area with wild Pokemon
3. When do I have to press the Key Combo and how long should I hold them?

The more I read, the more confused I am and the less I understand.
I get the feeling that some people (maybe it's just me) will need a step-by-step guide
for that whole RNG'ing in 5th Gen process when the time comes. Will there be such a
thing like the one for Gen 4?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Since we now have very good control over the PID RNG, we plan to whip a collaborative guide with a bunch of people. It will be drafted open source so we can convey all needed information effectively in the simplest way possible. Most likely this weekend; definitely before EU release.

The current guide would get replaced/edited with a new one highlighting C-Gear use (particularly with High Link abuse) for it's effectiveness in certain areas; non-CGear is far superior in most aspects.
Please stop asking for stuff to be clarified / info on / a guide... it is in the works.

I have problem to find my DS parameters...I tried to get them but the research time is too long...someone has DS Parameters for DeSmume 0.9.5?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
can someone tell me on what time can i get this non cgear seed?

9fbdfdb
No. This isn't like 4th gen where you can take a seed and get a bunch of times.

You have to go search for IV spreads yourself, with RNG Reporter.

thanks,and when i try to hit a non cgear seed,how could i verify that I hit it?
You catch/hatch the mon you want to get and then check its IVs with an IV calculator or save and reboot with the data checker code on in an AR.

As of right now, there is no way to check if you hit your seed with non C-gear. Non C-gear seeds are pretty much completely AR free at the moment.

Edit: I should have known Omega was going to beat me to it...

Is it always gonna be like that? Damn that's gonna suck.
actually it isn't bad at all. One only needs to hit the correct second...which is EASY!!! So, not being able to initially verify your seed is no big deal. I would know...I have RNG'd about 100 Pokemon without being able to verify my seed.

Edit: BUT, people are working on getting a workable AR code so this can be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)