5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

It's unchanging, so you could walk 128*x steps if you wanted. Just be warned that once you're in there, you can't change the # of pokemon you have. It would be better to bring say 2~3 instead of 5~6 because you can hit more frames that way.
Very true - thanks... I haven't started yet, but I'm currently searching in Time Finder for possible seeds I could use... and from that info, I'll see how many team members I should have. ;)

If only I could search for Shiny frames 700 - 1100, rather than 1 - 1100 >.<

It's unchanging, so you could walk 128*x steps if you wanted. Just be warned that once you're in there, you can't change the # of pokemon you have. It would be better to bring say 2~3 instead of 5~6 because you can hit more frames that way.
Per advice I received earlier in this thread, it would actually advance by 1 every 19 steps, even in areas that cannot have phenomena (shaking grass, cave spots etc). But it's supposed to be pretty reliable.

Per advice I received earlier in this thread, it would actually advance by 1 every 19 steps, even in areas that cannot have phenomena (shaking grass, cave spots etc).
That's the other RNG.

Nevermind, it got mixed up along the way.

IV RNG: Advances every 128 steps

PID RNG: Advances every 19 (?) steps, but for Roamers the PID is going to advance so fast for the weather anyway that it doesn't matter that much.

That's the other RNG.

Nevermind, it got mixed up along the way.

IV RNG: Advances every 128 steps

PID RNG: Advances every 19 (?) steps, but for Roamers the PID is going to advance so fast for the weather anyway that it doesn't matter that much.
Yeah, basically.

It might also be 18 steps instead of 19.
You're going to have to do more than that. There's a step counter that advances the PIDRNG every 18 steps or so, and I think there's one more besides that.

I'm just going to tell you what I tell everyone else and say you should stick with frames that have an IVRNG frame of 1. At least until I get a Chatot listener in RNG Reporter, to keep track of what PIDRNG frame you are on.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
For Roamers, don't take an IV spread with a frame higher then 1, and a Shiny PID Frame higher then 700. And you have to bring at least 2 Chatot's at lvl 39 with Chatter and Fly.

Per advice I received earlier in this thread, it would actually advance by 1 every 19 steps, even in areas that cannot have phenomena (shaking grass, cave spots etc). But it's supposed to be pretty reliable.
Or the person could do it like me and rely on luck for the right nature. It took me forever and I would never do it again, didn't even get my most preferred nature but rather my 3rd preferred one.

For Roamers, don't take an IV spread with a frame higher then 1, and a Shiny PID Frame higher then 700. And you have to bring at least 2 Chatot's at lvl 39 with Chatter and Fly.
Oh, okay - I'll keep the IV frame at 1... however, after incorporating advances caused by weather and wandering NPCs, the "calibrated" starting frame is actually a dozen or so over 600. So, that's why I'm seeking out Shiny frames 700 and over, up to 1100 (for now). And fortunately, I do have 2 Chatots... and a trusty Master Ball >.<

EDIT:
...the time it takes for the rain to cease is approximately 9 seconds.
The PID advances about 60 frames per second when it is raining, which is why we must take into account that the PID frame will be higher than 540. *others have reported that their SSF was lower due to a lack of “natural” rain on the route on the particular date of their RNG abuse*
Next, we’ll add a margin of approximately 40 frames because there are *wandering* NPCs in the area who advance the PID frame while you walk out of the old woman’s house on Route 7. *I thought they “froze” in awe at the spectacle of a legendary Pokemon…guess not*
Additionally, we’ll add 60 frames because our Initial PID Frame will be between 40 and 60. If you have the latest version *of RNG Reporter or PRNG* you will be able to find the Initial PID Frame for each seed by subtracting 1 (if your Initial PID Frame is 57, then RNG Reporter will predict that it is 56)
Next, I’ll search for a shiny frame no less than 700.

I'm hatching a shiny Eevee at the Dreamyard. But not sure if it would affect the PID...
The PID of eggs are locked in when you receive the egg. There may very well be NPCs in the Dreamyard advancing the PID frame, but it won't affect the egg's PID.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If I'm running Time Finder and lock my computer, it has a tendency to freeze. But I can leave a search running overnight with no problems at all, so I know it's not a problem with my hardware. Is there anything that can be done about this? Other than "don't lock your computer"; I of course try to do that, but sometimes forget.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If I'm running Time Finder and lock my computer, it has a tendency to freeze. But I can leave a search running overnight with no problems at all, so I know it's not a problem with my hardware. Is there anything that can be done about this? Other than "don't lock your computer"; I of course try to do that, but sometimes forget.
It's not surprising that locking the computer would freeze it since it's interrupting some heavy processing. The same happens a lot with anything that requires high processor use.

The only thing that could really be done is adding a pause function. That may be complicated and impractical though. For now, my suggestion would be to set your computer to use 1 less core if you expect to lock your computer. That may or may not solve your issue, you'll just have to try it.

When RNG abusing for eggs, do you need to have 2 parents with the same IV spread that you want?

Let' say I want a flawless mon with perfect but sp.atk. And I have the parents with flawless but sp.atk, can I just use them?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
When RNG abusing for eggs, do you need to have 2 parents with the same IV spread that you want?

Let' say I want a flawless mon with perfect but sp.atk. And I have the parents with flawless but sp.atk, can I just use them?
It helps. All you need is at least three of the desired IVs between the parents (or less if there are any stats you don't care about), but having more of them match will substantially increase the number of usable seeds and frames.

I'm having trouble finding my parameters. I once did it before, and it worked but when I do it now there are no results that come up. I've checked all the boxes that need information and they are input correctly according to my DS/game. I've managed to get the same spread twice on a Durant, but I input the results both times and nothing has come up. Help?

EDIT: Thanks TammiGo, it helped! (:

Try some other location and another time. This happened to a friend of mine once too. You could also widen the search of seconds a bit. Say you tried to hit 12:12:12 and fill that in but actually hit 12:12:11 then RNG Reporter won't search the second before and thus won't be able to find the seed you hit.

If a nature at a particular frame in PIDRNG is bold then I suppose it isnt attainable without a synch at that frame or is it attainable?

It is attainable but when you put a synch in front with another nature then the nature will change to that of your synch.

It is attainable but when you put a synch in front with another nature then the nature will change to that of your synch.
Thats great. Iwas thinking of something else
Thanks

Edit: Another question
After searching for a ID/SID pair in pandoras box, do I just hit the time it is supposed to be?

Is there an easy to way to search for non-shiny egg seeds?

I'm currently searching shiny seeds using the wrong SID so it won't hatch shiny. This way seems convoluted to me, as surely there will be non-shiny seeds/frames that are exactly the same as the shiny one (except non-shiny) but I'm just not finding with the shiny search. Anyone? :]

Edit: It doesn't matter, I've figured it out :P

So I'm trying to do shiny eggs, and to find my starting frame, I chattered once. I find the Pokemon in the seed list...and what do I do with that information? The seed it's on is the starting one?

So I'm trying to do shiny eggs, and to find my starting frame, I chattered once. I find the Pokemon in the seed list...and what do I do with that information? The seed it's on is the starting one?
Yeah, whichever seed is hatched is your starting frame. Because when you load the game up the NPC's will advance the frame by X number depending on how fast you get into your party, chatter and pick the egg up. So you need to work out which frame you start on while accounting for the NPC's movements. Then you know how many chatters you need to do.

You're just calibrating your starting frame, in a way.

Hope that makes sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)