5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I finally found a seed that has a much lower IV frame (13 as opposed to around 106), but a significantly higher PID frame (513 as opposed to 230) for my Shiny Naive HP Ice Landorus.

Since I've been told that turning in grass isn't reliable since it can randomly advance by 3 instead 2 sometimes, I've decided to go for Chatots instead. However, I'm still having no luck with it. I can get the IVs, but not the nature + shiny. Rather than going through more several hundred Chatots crys (which I understand I can miscount, but I got the same nature twice in a row), I figured I should come here and ask a few questions, one of which is absurd, but I figured I might as well ask anyways.

- Do I need to listen to all of Chatot's chatter cry? Or can I just go to its status screen and quickly go out?
- Can this work with 2 Chatots right beside each other in the party? Similarly to the above, can I just quickly go back and forth between them, or do I have to slowly wait for their chatter cry to finish?
- Does using Repel, and having the Repel wear off cause any advances?
- Is shininess of the Chatot relevant at all? Yeah, this is the absurd one.

Thanks for any help.

Frame Advancement Assist

Hi!

I am using RNG Reporter 98.1 BETA. I am trying to get a specifil IV spread on the stationary Volcarona in Relic Castle in Pokemon Black. This is my first time seriously attempting RNG abuse and so far I have very successfully accomplished hitting my desired seeds (Non-C Gear), but I am having problems advancing the frames. My player ID is 29277 and my DS MAC address is 001AE91EA406. The seed I am trying to hit is 68A1111BFEF97BD0 and I want to encounter Volcarona on frame 21 for an IV spread of:

31/15/30/31/30/30 HP Rock 70

I have verified that I have hit my desired seed and I try to advance the frame by 19 to get to 21. I have done this a dozen times and I kept getting the same undsireable spread;

20 / 6 / 18 / 28 / 22 / 18 HP Fighting 59.

I looked up this spread and it is frame 1 of my desired seed. I have tried advancing the frame by saving and with Chatter, both times with the C Gear off, but both yield the same result (frame one of the seed) after 19 advances. Why is the frame not advancing?

Cheers!

I finally found a seed that has a much lower IV frame (13 as opposed to around 106), but a significantly higher PID frame (513 as opposed to 230) for my Shiny Naive HP Ice Landorus.

Since I've been told that turning in grass isn't reliable since it can randomly advance by 3 instead 2 sometimes, I've decided to go for Chatots instead. However, I'm still having no luck with it. I can get the IVs, but not the nature + shiny. Rather than going through more several hundred Chatots crys (which I understand I can miscount, but I got the same nature twice in a row), I figured I should come here and ask a few questions, one of which is absurd, but I figured I might as well ask anyways.

- Do I need to listen to all of Chatot's chatter cry? Or can I just go to its status screen and quickly go out?
- Can this work with 2 Chatots right beside each other in the party? Similarly to the above, can I just quickly go back and forth between them, or do I have to slowly wait for their chatter cry to finish?
- Does using Repel, and having the Repel wear off cause any advances?
- Is shininess of the Chatot relevant at all? Yeah, this is the absurd one.

Thanks for any help.
1. No. You just need that status screen to start popping up. (sometimes it doesn't even have time to load the sprite for me and it works fine)
2. Yes. Do it. It will save your sanity.
3. Nope.
4. Nope again.
I haven't done a roamer as I started picking this up after I released mine. :/ But I have gathered that its PID frame advancement is different from the rest of the game and it doesn't look fun. If you'll look back through the previous few pages, they were advising someone else to go 5 or 10 Chatot cries at a time but that's about all I know. Good luck!

Hi!

I am using RNG Reporter 98.1 BETA. I am trying to get a specifil IV spread on the stationary Volcarona in Relic Castle in Pokemon Black. This is my first time seriously attempting RNG abuse and so far I have very successfully accomplished hitting my desired seeds (Non-C Gear), but I am having problems advancing the frames. My player ID is 29277 and my DS MAC address is 001AE91EA406. The seed I am trying to hit is 68A1111BFEF97BD0 and I want to encounter Volcarona on frame 21 for an IV spread of:

31/15/30/31/30/30 HP Rock 70

I have verified that I have hit my desired seed and I try to advance the frame by 19 to get to 21. I have done this a dozen times and I kept getting the same undsireable spread;

20 / 6 / 18 / 28 / 22 / 18 HP Fighting 59.

I looked up this spread and it is frame 1 of my desired seed. I have tried advancing the frame by saving and with Chatter, both times with the C Gear off, but both yield the same result (frame one of the seed) after 19 advances. Why is the frame not advancing?

Cheers!
Chatots and saves advance the PID frame (natures, etc) not your frame for IVs. For that, you need to walk ~128 steps with xpokemon in your party to advance the frame x times. So if you need to advance from 1 to 21 you should take about 512 steps (128x4) with 5 pokemon in your party. Try this and let us know what frame you land on. Hope this helps.

Looking for somebody who can hep me with shiny roamers.
EDIT: I heard somewhere that NP'c that move in a certain motion does not advance the PID frame, Is this right?

Chatots and saves advance the PID frame (natures, etc) not your frame for IVs. For that, you need to walk ~128 steps with xpokemon in your party to advance the frame x times. So if you need to advance from 1 to 21 you should take about 512 steps (128x4) with 5 pokemon in your party. Try this and let us know what frame you land on. Hope this helps.
I got the IV's! Too bad It's the wrong nature. I have a sync but I will try again.
For future reference: does turning but not stepping advance the frame? and when counting how many Pokemon are in the party to eggs count?

Thanks so much!

I got the IV's! Too bad It's the wrong nature. I have a sync but I will try again.
For future reference: does turning but not stepping advance the frame? and when counting how many Pokemon are in the party to eggs count?

Thanks so much!
Great! Turning does advance the frame like stepping but is less consistent. That's why you should take the number of steps necessary and try to do it in exactly the same pattern to get consistent results. As for eggs, I don't remember. =/ But I think I can help you get the right nature. I'll send you a PM.

1. No. You just need that status screen to start popping up. (sometimes it doesn't even have time to load the sprite for me and it works fine)
2. Yes. Do it. It will save your sanity.
3. Nope.
4. Nope again.
I haven't done a roamer as I started picking this up after I released mine. :/ But I have gathered that its PID frame advancement is different from the rest of the game and it doesn't look fun. If you'll look back through the previous few pages, they were advising someone else to go 5 or 10 Chatot cries at a time but that's about all I know. Good luck!
Quickly went through the Chatots this time, and this time it appears I was one frame off, but I'm 100% certain I made the right amount of advances.

I have two Chatots, the first with some EXP in the EXP bar, the second without, so I can tell the difference. I started with the one with EXP, so the second one would be a multiple of 2 advances. I needed an even amount of advances and I did an even amount of advances, so I couldn't have been one off...

Just to make sure, can anyone tell me if I calculating the advances right?

513 - 51 (Initial) - 1 + 1 = 462

There can't be anything else affecting the PID right? I've taken care of the NPCs, I didn't step into any grass, no C-gear, no saving, no parents in daycare.

EDIT: Tried again, hit the seed for the other timer0 value, but the PID frame is wayyyy off. The two seeds' starting frames are only 1 away from each other, too. So I've got to be missing something...

My current method of trying to get the Landorus is:
- Walk 256 steps around Landorus, to advance IV frame (I get this right 100% of the time).
- Go through 462 Chatot screens. Chatter has been recorded.
- Talk to Landorus.
- ???
- Not profit. :/

I'm using keypresses on a seed and I'm not landing on it. I did the iv frame advances and the result I'm getting doesn't match the other Timer0 seeds either. It's an L button press.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Quickly went through the Chatots this time, and this time it appears I was one frame off, but I'm 100% certain I made the right amount of advances.

I have two Chatots, the first with some EXP in the EXP bar, the second without, so I can tell the difference. I started with the one with EXP, so the second one would be a multiple of 2 advances. I needed an even amount of advances and I did an even amount of advances, so I couldn't have been one off...

Just to make sure, can anyone tell me if I calculating the advances right?

513 - 51 (Initial) - 1 + 1 = 462

There can't be anything else affecting the PID right? I've taken care of the NPCs, I didn't step into any grass, no C-gear, no saving, no parents in daycare.

EDIT: Tried again, hit the seed for the other timer0 value, but the PID frame is wayyyy off. The two seeds' starting frames are only 1 away from each other, too. So I've got to be missing something...

My current method of trying to get the Landorus is:
- Walk 256 steps around Landorus, to advance IV frame (I get this right 100% of the time).
- Go through 462 Chatot screens. Chatter has been recorded.
- Talk to Landorus.
- ???
- Not profit. :/
Are you walking EXACT the same route, every time you try?

Are you walking EXACT the same route, every time you try?
Yes. Unless me running into a wall and bumping into it counts, in which case, no. Why does it matter though?

EDIT: Ok, ran some incomplete RNGs to test a few things.

Test 1: Initial Frame (Done 3 times)
- Talked to Landorus immediately to verify initial frame
- Caught with Master Ball
- Natures match initial PID frames of seeds for both timer0 values
Conclusion: Initial frames are correct

Test 2: Wandering NPCs (Done twice)
- Talked to Landorus after several minutes of waiting
- Caught with Master Ball
- Natures match initial PID frames of both potential seeds
Conclusion: Wandering NPCs have been stopped

Test 3: Advancing the IV frame
- Walked around Landorus to advance IV frame
- Walked 256 steps and talked to Landorus
- Caught with a Master Ball
- IVs match wanted frame, nature doesn't match PID frame
Conclusion: Um...? What exactly advanced the PID frame? None of what I did should have advanced it... right?

Conclusion: Um...? What exactly advanced the PID frame? None of what I did should have advanced it... right?
Walking advances the PIDRNG 2 frames for every 20 steps near (but outside) grass.
It also advances by 2 frames every 17 steps if you have 2 Pokemon in the daycare.

To find your actual starting frame you need to catch Landorus immediately after doing your steps and check. Checking before you do your steps isn't helpful.

Walking advances the PIDRNG 2 frames for every 20 steps near (but outside) grass.
It also advances by 2 frames every 17 steps if you have 2 Pokemon in the daycare.

To find your actual starting frame you need to catch Landorus immediately after doing your steps and check. Checking before you do your steps isn't helpful.
Define "outside". Outside as in "x steps away from grass", or outside as in "this route has grass, so 20 steps will advance it by 2 no matter where you are in the route"?

I know I don't have any pokemon in the daycare. I made sure of that.

And I have been catching Landorus after doing everything that I assumed was correct, but after getting so many different results, I don't know where to start. Or am I missing something about my "actual starting frame"?

Can anyone explain synchronizing to me? I'm using a sync Mew, Timid, and all I'm getting is a Serious Woobat. RNG Reporter says it's a sync seed though : / i've tried 4 times, same thing

Define "outside". Outside as in "x steps away from grass", or outside as in "this route has grass, so 20 steps will advance it by 2 no matter where you are in the route"?

I know I don't have any pokemon in the daycare. I made sure of that.

And I have been catching Landorus after doing everything that I assumed was correct, but after getting so many different results, I don't know where to start. Or am I missing something about my "actual starting frame"?
Yes if the route has grass and you are walking outside of the grass the PID frame will be advanced 2 frames every 20 steps.
You're doing 256 steps with 6 Pokemon in your party? I'd think it would be better to do 384 steps with 4 Pokemon in your party so you don't have to go back to the Pokemon center but anyways that's not really important.

Do steps, battle Landorus, catch it immediately (make sure your synchronizer isn't first in your party). If the IVs are correct, check its nature. Check for a match near RNG reporter's "Calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame."

Can anyone explain synchronizing to me? I'm using a sync Mew, Timid, and all I'm getting is a Serious Woobat. RNG Reporter says it's a sync seed though : / i've tried 4 times, same thing
2 RNGs to manipulate, 2 frames to hit. The IVRNG controls IVs and is advanced by the number of Pokemon in your party every 128 steps. PIDRNG controls everything else (including nature) and is advanced via walking, turning, Chatots, NPCs etc. You need to advance to the correct PID frame to get the right nature.
Check post 1 for everything that advances the 2 RNGs (protip: use Chatot's to advance the PID frame). Check post 3 for videos that show what you should be doing.

Yes if the route has grass and you are walking outside of the grass the PID frame will be advanced 2 frames every 20 steps.
You're doing 256 steps with 6 Pokemon in your party? I'd think it would be better to do 384 steps with 4 Pokemon in your party so you don't have to go back to the Pokemon center but anyways that's not really important.

Do steps, battle Landorus, catch it immediately (make sure your synchronizer isn't first in your party). If the IVs are correct, check its nature. Check for a match near RNG reporter's "Calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame."
Alright, I'll give it a try and see if it works out this time.

I'm using keypresses on a seed and I'm not landing on it. I did the iv frame advances and the result I'm getting doesn't match the other Timer0 seeds either. It's an L button press.
My R button doesn't work and I tried hitting that damned seed SO many times before I figured it out. I would suggest going to your PC in game and testing to see how well the L button works by using it to change boxes. If it doesn't work all the time, I would avoid using any frame that needs it in a keypress. While you're there, you may as well test R too I guess. If your L button is fine... I don't know what else it could be other than an exceptionally evil timer0.

My R button doesn't work and I tried hitting that damned seed SO many times before I figured it out. I would suggest going to your PC in game and testing to see how well the L button works by using it to change boxes. If it doesn't work all the time, I would avoid using any frame that needs it in a keypress. While you're there, you may as well test R too I guess. If your L button is fine... I don't know what else it could be other than an exceptionally evil timer0.
I'm using a cartridge, not an emulator. However, my timer0 keeps fluctuating. I think it's because I'm using an old DS lite to do my RNGing. My DS is slightly damaged too.

I'm using a cartridge, not an emulator. However, my timer0 keeps fluctuating. I think it's because I'm using an old DS lite to do my RNGing. My DS is slightly damaged too.
Uh, I'm not using an emulator either. You need to make sure those buttons work. I use a DS Lite too and the R and L buttons are not made to last. If you haven't been hitting your seed at all, I bet it's your button not your timer0; especially since you said your DS is damaged.

RNG-ing a Sigilyph

Hello all. I'm trying to RNG a flawless sigilyph. Obviously we all know its only found in one spot and i find RNG breeding shiny pokemon easier than regular (simply because idk how to RNG breed regular non shiny pokemon) But i dont want to go through all the trouble of breeding a shiny one just to do it all over again later in my chain breeding. so im trying to RNG one in the desert resort area.

I used the weather removing trick to remove the sandstorm and i can consistently hit my seed. The only problem is i hardly ever find sigilyph and when i do its male, when i need it to be female.

Obivously there are a bunch of NPCs in the area that will thwart my success, but so far its fairly consistent what i find with 1 step, 2 step etc etc.

Also my beginning frame nets me the desired IV spread when i hit my seed but its a Maractus.

Can someone please help me find a method of RNGing a FEMALE Sigilyph. (the sandstorm is no longer a factor so i CAN use sweet scent.)

Also my target frame for my seed is 1, so i dont need to worry about any advancements on that part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I agree that it could be your shoulder buttons. Try to find a new seed with 2 keypresses (this may take slightly more time than with 3 keypresses) but it limits the amount of factors you need to worry about. Also i find that having only 2 keypresses generates a bunch of seeds that use other uttons other than L and R.

Alternately you can stay with 3 keypresses and tick the "skip L and R buttons" box

Just make sure you arent hitting 2 directional butttons at the same time as its hard to get them both to register sometimes.

I have a 2 year old (bought 2 years ago) DS Lite and it works fine. My timer0 has fluctuated ONCE on me. If you test your parameters very well and accurately and are always precise in your actions you wont really have to worry about the Timer0 trolling you. Good luck.

Hello all. I'm trying to RNG a flawless sigilyph. Obviously we all know its only found in one spot and i find RNG breeding shiny pokemon easier than regular (simply because idk how to RNG breed regular non shiny pokemon) But i dont want to go through all the trouble of breeding a shiny one just to do it all over again later in my chain breeding. so im trying to RNG one in the desert resort area.

I used the weather removing trick to remove the sandstorm and i can consistently hit my seed. The only problem is i hardly ever find sigilyph and when i do its male, when i need it to be female.

Obivously there are a bunch of NPCs in the area that will thwart my success, but so far its fairly consistent what i find with 1 step, 2 step etc etc.

Also my beginning frame nets me the desired IV spread when i hit my seed but its a Maractus.

Can someone please help me find a method of RNGing a FEMALE Sigilyph. (the sandstorm is no longer a factor so i CAN use sweet scent.)

Also my target frame for my seed is 1, so i dont need to worry about any advancements on that part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
If you start out with the right seed, you should try advancing the PID frames with Chatots. Figure out what frame that cactus is on a chatot up to your female sigilyph. No more NPCs screwing you over since you'll have the menu up. It took me forever to get Sigilyph (first capture :D) because it was on frame 4 or 5. I imagine you have a couple but if you need any, I'll send you a couple if you'll VM me.

P.S. You are lucky to only have had timer0 screw you over once. On some seeds it is a bastard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)