5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I tried to RNG the larvesta's egg (the one given by the guy in route 18) but I noticed that the initial frame was 4 and not 3. do anybody know why?

Alright so I'm RNGing Thundurus. I heard that the nature is determined during the initial cutscene after you leave the house. Is there a way (maybe wait a certain amount of seconds) or something to TRY to find some sort of nature pattern? I've hit my seed 3 times and gotten: Gentle, Jolly and Gentle : /

hey Guys, As soon as I get my AR upgraded and play my 5th gen. games until I get to Zekrom and Reshiram, I would like to start rng abusing my own 5th gen. pokemon. Cause I wanted to rely on getting my own pokemon instead of taking the chance of getting ripped off and scammed by newbies and strangers again.

When I'm ready to start, can you guys, help me learn how to rng abuse on the 5th gen., please?

So I see there is a RNG thread for the fifth gen, already. So is this a finalization, meaning is it okay to use, because I wanted to start out IV breeding, as soon as possible. As well as catch the Trio with the IVs, I want.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So for C-gear seeds, is the second counted when you enter the game or turn on the
c-gear?
When you turn it on.

So I see there is a RNG thread for the fifth gen, already. So is this a finalization, meaning is it okay to use, because I wanted to start out IV breeding, as soon as possible. As well as catch the Trio with the IVs, I want.
Yes.. you can start RNGing. Those things you mention though are the hardest things in 5th gen it seems.

I'm still fairly confused on how the C-Gear works with Eggs. I'm thinking about trying to get a Heatwave Chandelure with HP: Fighting. Do I just breed a 30/30/31/30/30/30 litwick@everstone with a magcargo@somepoweritem with the same IVs?

So, if I wanted magcargo to pass down attack, I would try to find a 30/x/31/30/30/30 spread on the RNG reporter?

Thanks in advanced!

Just a quick question. Is it possiible at the moment to RNG abuse on White without the use of an AR and on a DSi?
Yes it is, but only C-Gear seeds atm. Also, you'll need a way to verify IVs.

@ Sir_Lu: Power Items mess up the RNG (I think), so don't bother with that. Sadly, I have no idea how IVs are inherited this Gen. (I'm pretty sure 3 IVs are passed down for sure) because I haven't tried breeding, so someone else should I answer that for you.

So I'm going to assume that breeding is easier than catching this time around. Haven't messed with the new Reporter yet, but am I correct to assume first I want to soft reset for the nature and ability, save infront of the day care man and use whatever spread I'm using? If that's the case, what do the power items have to do with anything if I'm using a seed with the necessary ivs?

I was reading about the encounter slots, and I was wondering if you have to advance the frame or something for them, because I don't get it right now.

Also, I would like to know about advancing the frame while calibrating. I'm allowed to do that, right?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was reading about the encounter slots, and I was wondering if you have to advance the frame or something for them, because I don't get it right now.

Also, I would like to know about advancing the frame while calibrating. I'm allowed to do that, right?
No.. You have to know what you hit and you can only do that if you don't advance.

Yes it is, but only C-Gear seeds atm. Also, you'll need a way to verify IVs.

@ Sir_Lu: Power Items mess up the RNG (I think), so don't bother with that. Sadly, I have no idea how IVs are inherited this Gen. (I'm pretty sure 3 IVs are passed down for sure) because I haven't tried breeding, so someone else should I answer that for you.
Power items affect inheritance only, not anything from the IVRNG.

So I'm going to assume that breeding is easier than catching this time around. Haven't messed with the new Reporter yet, but am I correct to assume first I want to soft reset for the nature and ability, save infront of the day care man and use whatever spread I'm using? If that's the case, what do the power items have to do with anything if I'm using a seed with the necessary ivs?
Eh.. seems to me that breeding is harder than catching in this gen. With flawless parents and an everstone, you can luck into it though.

So there's no seed for breeding that has a flawless spread, or close to one with a couple of A and B ivs needed? Or is it more complicated than that?

Toast++

So there's no seed for breeding that has a flawless spread, or close to one with a couple of A and B ivs needed? Or is it more complicated than that?
Uhh.. not sure what you're asking exactly.
3 IVs (determined by the PID RNG) come from the parents.
The other 3 come from the IV RNG.
Power items and everstone also come from the PID RNG and are pretty much controlled luck.

Wait. Then is my method valid? Or should I be using some other way?
You should be fine. Might take a while though.

Toast++

Ok, thanks
That wasn't a no to my question about the encounter slots, was it?
Sorry, I missed that part. Those are controlled by the PID RNG and aren't controllable right now. If you look at the 4th gen thread, the idea is very similar. Only certain seeds will result in the slot you want.

I tried to RNG the larvesta's egg (the one given by the guy in route 18) but I noticed that the initial frame was 4 and not 3. do anybody know why?
I tried to exit to catch a pokemon in the grass and it turned out as if it was at the right frame (that is 23, larvesta came out as if it was in frame 24).
so talking to the guy advances the frame by one? I have this doubt because, when I was calibrating, the ivs I got were all those of frame 4, not 3.

Power items and everstone also come from the PID RNG and are pretty much controlled luck.

I was pretty much talking about rng'ing Ivs onto an egg like in 4th Gen. I don't know what power items have to do with anything, but I've always used a spread that either had flawless ivs without parents ivs, or flawless ivs that need parents iv to fill in the gaps. I'm having a little trouble understanding what's different in this Gen.

Thanks! I just need to get my hands on a nice Magcargo with heatwave now >__>

can you hit a frame higher than 5 cause every time i try i get no matches for my iv's,or do i have to just get in game sweet scent and see what i hit then narrow it down to ten and then try advancing again ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)