5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

After you're done advancing frames inside the daycare centre, does the step you take out of the door count towards IV frame advancement? Or does that step have to be your 128th to get to the right frame?

About non c-gear stationary legendaries RNG in Gen V.
* I go in game with 5 pokemon in my party in the last room of Victory Road
* Sweet Scent'd Durant and got the IV's through Pokemon-Online
* Got my VFrame, Timer0, GxStat, VCount, and my Seed. Actual seconds was 26.
* IV's I'm trying to hit are 31/31/31/x/31/31
* My time was 4/4/2011 1:34:51 (50) Because actual seconds was 26. Frame was 6
* Went to Terrakion and sprayed a repel, and saved.
* Soft resetted.
* Set the time of 4/4/2011 1:34 & my keypress combo was A.
* Pressed my White game at 1:34:50 and held A until after the nintendo logo
* Went in game without C-gear and ran 128 steps to advance the frame 5 times.
* Switched to my Jolly Sync (Mew)
* Talked to Terrakion and caught it with a masterball.
* Checked IV's and they were wrong.
* Repeated atleast 4-5 times.
* Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have the right MAC address.. or am I just not hitting my frame..?

Is there a quiet route where I can determine my PIDRNG starting frame in peace? I get random advances when I've saved once, and I think it's the NPCs.

Can someone explain the ESV value for me? I apologize if it's in an obvious place and I just didn't see it.

I assume it's for determining which wild pokemon shows up in the encounter on that frame, but even if I'm right about that I don't know how to interpret it to my benefit, so any clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Yep ESV seem to be the encounter slot value, I don't know if there is a guide that corresponds to what ESV number is what pokemon but I've been figuring it out on my own, currently searching for a venipede in Lostlorn forest and by trial and error I figured out that Venepede is ESV 5 and 7, Swadloon is ESV 1 and 3, Petilil is ESV 0,2 and 8 (I'm using my White version to RNG) and Tranquil is ESV 4, I haven't tested 6, 9,10, or 11 so not sure who's on which of those. Unless there is a guide you'll have to experiment with finding what ESV yields what pokemon in whatever location you are. I think these should be consistent from one person to another so ESV 5 and 7 should be venepide for you too, I'm not sure though, if you try it let me know I'd be curious to find out if it is. :)

Quick question: Does non C-gear RNG abuse not work during the Spring months (Jan, May, September)?

I never landed my seed in Jan or May after repeated attempts but have done so on the other months on my first or second attempts. (Weather causing problems?)

I'm RNG'ing in the cave on Victory Road right outside the Pokemon League if anyone wants to know.

I found a seed that has a shiny Calm pokemon on PID Frame 119. The only other time I have a Calm nature is before Frame 60. If i advance past Frame 60 and try to synch with a Calm syncher will that make me land on my shiny frame?

Also is there a guide that tells me what to do with encounter slots? I'm kind of tired of getting the wrong pokemon so many times XD

So, when Pandora-ing, is the time the reporter list when you select the game from the DS menu or when you finish the intro like it was in GenIV? I suspect that it's when you select the game, but I wanted to make sure.
Posted a few pages back. Any help would be appreciated. ID/SID abuse is perplexing me.

Also, @Mega Metal: If it's like last generation, the weather affects the PID, but not the IVs. And I believe someone sad something to this affect a while back, but I'm not entirely sure.

Quick question, can you obtain the initial seed by standing next to a stationary pokemon (victini for example) and then simply getting those IV's, reset the game and then find out the Date.time/frame from there to go for the best IV and do it that way?

btw using NON C gear and using Bearfan09 youtube how to PRNG gen 5...

I found a seed that has a shiny Calm pokemon on PID Frame 119. The only other time I have a Calm nature is before Frame 60. If i advance past Frame 60 and try to synch with a Calm syncher will that make me land on my shiny frame?

Also is there a guide that tells me what to do with encounter slots? I'm kind of tired of getting the wrong pokemon so many times XD

No, you need to advance the frame to 119 to get the shiny.

So I'm giving Roaming RNG another shot. This time, it's been consistant that I've hit 8/31/31/31/26/31. Not the IVs I'm supposed to hit. Here's my seed: 70B623A3E52A0977 or 70B623A3. Now apparently, when I look at the IVs I got when typing them in PO, it's on frame 8.

But the seed I'm supposed to hit is on frame 10. I know that the starting frame for non C gear is 1, I have 4 Pokemon in my party so I use Max Repel + 6 steps to advance my frame to 9. I also know that Roamers advance the frame by 1, which = 10. Basically all I do is advance 8 frames, while starting frame and roamers add to your frames. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I also heard the the rain changes the PIDRNG? I don't get this at all. Has anyone RNGed the roamers to understand what I'm doing wrong or people who know what I'm doing wrong?

Oh, by the way, after I encounter Thundurus outside of the house. I go to Route 16 to catch it.
so....

@Bond697: I tried to find the parameters with cyclods and, up to now, I found them and they are consistent.
How did you do it? I tried a few times, with and without cheat codes activated, and it never worked at all. Did you do it in Black or White?

Quick question: Does non C-gear RNG abuse not work during the Spring months (Jan, May, September)?

I never landed my seed in Jan or May after repeated attempts but have done so on the other months on my first or second attempts. (Weather causing problems?)

I'm RNG'ing in the cave on Victory Road right outside the Pokemon League if anyone wants to know.
Not at all. I've abused all my pokes at string, actually. You're just unlucky

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
@Bond697: I tried to find the parameters with cyclods and, up to now, I found them and they are consistent.
have you actually tried hitting seeds? OD and i both observed the weird behavior on the cycloDS 2.2 firmware.

Okay, I found a Frame 1 31/31/31/31/31/31 Seed, and I confirmed that the PIDRNG starting frame is 43. Now what is the course of action if I want to Abuse an ID?

Yep ESV seem to be the encounter slot value, I don't know if there is a guide that corresponds to what ESV number is what pokemon but I've been figuring it out on my own, currently searching for a venipede in Lostlorn forest and by trial and error I figured out that Venepede is ESV 5 and 7, Swadloon is ESV 1 and 3, Petilil is ESV 0,2 and 8 (I'm using my White version to RNG) and Tranquil is ESV 4, I haven't tested 6, 9,10, or 11 so not sure who's on which of those. Unless there is a guide you'll have to experiment with finding what ESV yields what pokemon in whatever location you are. I think these should be consistent from one person to another so ESV 5 and 7 should be venepide for you too, I'm not sure though, if you try it let me know I'd be curious to find out if it is. :)
You would be interested in this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3383858&postcount=684 from the RNG Research thread.

So I have a question about sycnher use in non-c gear...does the 50% chance for a syncher's nature to pass onto the target always like sorta come into play to override whatever the...uh...PIDRNG I guess it would be is? Or does it work in some currently unknown fashion with regards to getting the nature you want?

RNGing eggs: How do you ensure a pokemon has 5 31's (not atk) AND the right nature AND an egg move? Will it just take a million tries?

I need to get a Chandelure with Heat Wave and a Hydreigon with Dark Pulse (both with 31/x/31/31/31/31) I have Power Items for Speed and Sp. Atk

Thanks NixHex, getting my Archen right now.
Does anybody know when non C gear breeding if you still need power items and flawless parents to get good offspring?

Originally Posted by Fat LolcakesxD
About non c-gear stationary legendaries RNG in Gen V.
* I go in game with 5 pokemon in my party in the last room of Victory Road
* Sweet Scent'd Durant and got the IV's through Pokemon-Online
* Got my VFrame, Timer0, GxStat, VCount, and my Seed. Actual seconds was 26.
* IV's I'm trying to hit are 31/31/31/x/31/31
* My time was 4/4/2011 1:34:51 (50) Because actual seconds was 26. Frame was 6
* Went to Terrakion and sprayed a repel, and saved.
* Soft resetted.
* Set the time of 4/4/2011 1:34 & my keypress combo was A.
* Pressed my White game at 1:34:50 and held A until after the nintendo logo
* Went in game without C-gear and ran 128 steps to advance the frame 5 times.
* Switched to my Jolly Sync (Mew)
* Talked to Terrakion and caught it with a masterball.
* Checked IV's and they were wrong.
* Repeated atleast 4-5 times.
* Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have the right MAC address.. or am I just not hitting my frame..?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)