5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ah! I think I get it! And just to clarify... say, my PID%6 = a stat on the hexagon that is not tied with the max - in this case, I continue moving clockwise on the hexagon until I hit the first stat that ties with the max. Otherwise, if the PID%6 = a stat that ties with the max already, the characteristic will represent it.

I.e., with the 30/31/30/31/31/31 spread you used, if PID%6 = 4, then the characteristic will relate to Sp. Attack (Mischievous)... but, if PID%6 = 0 or 1, then the characteristic will relate to Attack (Likes to thrash about).

(Thanks for all of your help - this will significantly improve my roamer RNGing, which has been a pain for the past 48 hrs.)
Yeah you got it. Good luck with your roamer. Maybe you can even go for a shiny roamer now. ;)

Someone (I think the name was madarame) translated a detailed guide about RNGing one of the roamers. I could post it here or PM you the whole post if you'd like.
I've read it, LOL - that's when I started on my Tornadus (which I'm definitely shooting for a Shiny with all this effort @_@). The guide was helpful, but it's creepy how the original writer managed consecutive frames matching his advances... I'm never consistent enough, no matter how fast I mash buttons. I could do 3 advances and end up on the same frame as when I did 0 advances. I was also confused as to the range where my starting frame may be if no rain is present upon exiting the house... but that's been cleared up thanks to UpsideDownHitmontop - it should be between 630 and 750... I hope.

Can someone help me out? I need to find my parameters in order to rng abuse standard seeds. Only thing, I'm using a flashcart, a TTDS to be precise, and I don't know how to find them. I'm using a Nintendo DS Lite so I think I should be able to rng abuse standard seeds.

Hello, I asked this once, but I still don't get it.. how do I choose the right encounter slot for wild pokemon (fishing)? I want to capture a clamperl in black -> route 4 / Slot 1. But there are 4 Pokemon in the same slot! Do you just have to be lucky to get the right Pokemon?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Hello, I asked this once, but I still don't get it.. how do I choose the right encounter slot for wild pokemon (fishing)? I want to capture a clamperl in black -> route 4 / Slot 1. But there are 4 Pokemon in the same slot! Do you just have to be lucky to get the right Pokemon?
There can't be more then 1 Pokémon on 1 encounter slot. You have to take a look at the PID frames, so you can find out to which PID frame you have to advance for getting the right encounter slot.

Oh, I know what you mean. That confused me at first as well. The pokemon are listed in the following order:

- Surfing
- Surf Spot
- Fishing

Well I don't know the exact order out of my head XD You should look above the list containing 4 pokes per slot ^^ It's inserted there like 'condition' | 'condition' | 'condition' | 'condition' :)

There can't be more then 1 Pokémon on 1 encounter slot. You have to take a look at the PID frames, so you can find out to which PID frame you have to advance for getting the right encounter slot.
Well take a look at this: http://www.eggmove.com/encounterblack.html (under Surf | Surf (Water Spot) | Fish | Fish (Water Spot))

In slot 1 there is: Frillish, Alomola, Clamperl, Luvdisc

I already did some "normal" wild capturing using the encounter slot, but fishing seems to be different..

Frillish is slot 1 for Surfing, Alomola is slot 1 for water spots, Clamperl is slot 1 for fishing, Luvdisc is slot 1 for fishing in a water spot.

quick question if when i search for my parameters for pprng, and i dont get a result, do i try until i get one? also, every time i try again, i encounter the same pokemon same nature, same iv. is there something wrong? and when i plug in my ivs, should the range be exact or a digit or two away (ex: 29-30, 28-30)

Actually when you encounter the same pokemon that's good because that means your hitting the same seed. You should insert the range of MIN and MAX IVs. You can use a calculator for that (serebii's or metalkids or whatever).

Edit: Here's an example (I can't seem to use hide quotes :[)

It looks so neat, almost makes me wish I had a mac :P

yeah but i failed the process on the first two tries (no initial seed popped up) so do i try again even if i encounter the same pokemon with the same nature and ivs off sweet scent?

Quick question, how long have you guys been waiting whilst RNG Reporter searches for spreads? I'm searching in the shiny egg tab with two key-presses, and whilst it usually takes around 20 minutes, recently it's been taking up to two hours just to finish a search. It's not just my computer, cause I'm using a different one, and it's exactly the same length of time :/.

@Rubbix...: Try to pick some other place where you get different results. So many people seem to have this problem these days 0.o Try at Victory Road or another high-leveled area.

Have you read the steps from the PPRNG thread? Here they are if you're in doubt:

Enter your MAC address, choose your game version. The default values provided should be fine if you are using a retail cartridge and a DS / DS Lite.
Make sure you have saved somewhere where you can immediately encounter a pokemon (a standing legendary, or in the grass/cave with sweet scent). The higher the level of the Pokemon you will encounter, the better, but at a minimum I'd recommend over level 15 to be able to get any accuracy.
Start your game from the DS menu, and note the date and time down to the second (synchronizing your DS clock with an external clock such as the one on your PC may be helpful for this). This is not the time you choose continue in your game, it is the time that you choose the game from the DS menu.
Immediately encounter and catch your Pokemon. Check its IVs using one of the many online IV calculators, and enter the lowest value for each IV in the 'Min' fields and the highest value for each IV in the 'Max' fields.
Enter the date and time that you started your game from the DS menu in the remaining fields.
Click search.
The result should appear within a few seconds. It is possible that you will get more than one result if you are doing this on a very low level pokemon. The correct result will be the one that is the same as or one second later than the time you entered into this panel.
Add the parameters to your configuration.

@Capuchin: Do the parents have good IVs? I never use keypresses with the Shiny Egg Finder Tab since you should have really high chances when using an everstone and good parent IVs.

Yeah they do, I'm not using an everstone though, so I thought I'd go with keypresses. The fact that I can't find spreads is not too bad, it's just the length of time it takes to complete a search seems ridiculous.

it still desnt find an initial seed when i put my parameter info in. i tried at challenger's cave this time. victory road doesnt work

Here's everything I can possibly think of besides that:

(by Winterz Zombie, or however you write that)
Gotta change some things.
VCount 50 to 80.
Timer0 C60 to C8A
Vframe 0 to F

Have you filled in the correct MAC adress? Are you using an emulator or a flash card? Could you post a screenshot of your Parameter Search so we can check things?

Just because the example had an IV MIN MAX difference of 1 with most of them and one with 2 doesn't mean you can't have an IV difference of like 4. Are those really your MIN and MAX values?

I'll try to find the seed using RNG Reporter myself so brb.

Just because the example had an IV MIN MAX difference of 1 with most of them and one with 2 doesn't mean you can't have an IV difference of like 4. Are those really your MIN and MAX values?

I'll try to find the seed using RNG Reporter myself so brb.
yeah i used a calculator to find the initial values off a caught woobat

try using a different date/month/time/seconds for when you start the game to catch a poke to find your parameters, it took me about 6 tries till i found mines on black.

ok i found a seed using these parameters:
Timer0- C60-C8A
VCount- 50-80
VFrame- 0-F
now i hit a seed
BAA06CE2DF02354C time: 22:11:12 timer0-C6C, vcount-77 vframe-0
however, when i started my game, the time was 22:11:15 did i do something wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)