5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

3 IVs come from the parents. It is entirely possible for all of them to come from just one. It is possible that you messed up on your advancements. Since you're using an everstone the nature really isn't a good way to determine anything since there's a high chance of you getting the nature anyway.

well I was going by the fact that the squirtle was female since those are usually rare plus the fact that all 5 other IVs were 31.

I'm actually at work right now and don't have that info xD I'll post it as soon as I get home in a couple hours.

EDIT: now that I think about it I may have not saved that seed, I was going to try another one because the advancements were like 79 and I was gonna try something shorter for my "first go" at this.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Check if there are any other frames near your target that would make it female. 12.5% isn't exactly impossible odds. 5 perfect IVs just means you hit your seed and landed on a frame with similar inheritance, that doesn't mean much.

If I have that saved ill take a look. I think I'll start fresh though. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you all very much for the help.

Hi guys. I'm having a super weird issue with RNG breeding. I have been doing absolutely fine for the past week getting exactly the IVs/Natures/shiny I wanted. But all of a sudden it just stopped working. I hatched a perfect Drilbur and then got ready to hatch an Abra, and I just couldn't get it to work properly.

After a while I thought that since both Pokemon I was breeding were traded and thus had different IDs/SIDs, I'd try my old tried and true routine of breeding with a traded perfect Ditto with a Pokemon from my own game. I also switched up Pokemon and decided to do it with a Charmander instead. Well, I generated the little screen and it told me my starting Initial PID Frame was 37 and the target frame was 44. To check how the NPC's have affected my actual frame, I just grab the egg before any Chatot chatters and hatch it, and finally match it with the IVs, Nature, and characteristic from the list. Then I make the necessary adjustments. So I do that (before any Chatters) and I get a shiny. First I thought that the frames were advanced all the way up to the target frame, but then I checked the Nature and it was different from Nature of the shiny the generator listed (mine was Quirky and the generator said Lax).

Now I was like "did I just get ridiculously lucky and actually get a shiny?" I check the list on the generated thing, and my Quirky Charmander had the same characteristics and even the exact same IVs as the Quirky one that was two frames behind my Charmander. WTF? Here's a pic to explain what I am talking about:

I am using PPRNG 1.9. All of my info (Mac address, Timer0) is in the picture I posted at the top. Any help regarding this whole situation would really be appreciated. Thank you.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Are you using an international Ditto? That would make the Quirky frame shiny. And please put large images in
tags in the future.

Are you using an international Ditto? That would make the Quirky frame shiny. And please put large images in
tags in the future.
Looked the Ditto up on PokeCheck and he is in fact an international Ditto. I'm surprised that that never messed with any of the previous RNG bred Pokemon I hatched. Thanks for helping out with that! :)

I'm still trying to get this damn Shiny Abra though. It just won't work. I changed up pokemon this time and got different Abra's (both hatched from this very game). Female has the DW ability. Got all of their IV's from PokeCheck. Pretty sure I put in all of the info right (I've been doing it this way for a while now and it's been successful). But Abra is just being an ass right now. Here are some pics of my PPRNG screens:

Again, to check how the WNPC's have altered my initial frame, I talk to the Old Man before any Chatot chatters. Assuming things went well, I should be getting a Nature/IV's somewhere around Frame 45. But I CONSTANTLY get a Bold Nature (Likes to Thrash About) with IV's 23/31/10/11/10/1. If it is of any help, it's PID according to PokeCheck is 0xA535F2E3.

Can anyone help out?

I am using PPRNG and have ran into a couple of problems. For instance, I'll do a standard seed search for a shiny frame. When I double click on the data, the standard seed inspector no longer has the shiny frame available. Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible it changes from shiny to non shiny upon inspection of the seed? Any help would be appreciated.

I am using PPRNG and have ran into a couple of problems. For instance, I'll do a standard seed search for a shiny frame. When I double click on the data, the standard seed inspector no longer has the shiny frame available. Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible it changes from shiny to non shiny upon inspection of the seed? Any help would be appreciated.
Do you have the same ID/SID typed into the Time Finder as you do in the Main Window of PPRNG?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
I noticed something a little weird trying to RNG a few things as of lately in my US black rom version. In the past my timer0 would come up as either A8C or A8D and after doing my DS parameters all over again I started noticing a timer0 value of A9D coming up instead currently for March 2012, so I'm not sure what would cause this to change.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In Standard Seed Searcher window, what does it tell you about the seed? What does it tell you the shiny frame is? Does it have a Y in the Wild column?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Again, to check how the WNPC's have altered my initial frame, I talk to the Old Man before any Chatot chatters. Assuming things went well, I should be getting a Nature/IV's somewhere around Frame 45. But I CONSTANTLY get a Bold Nature (Likes to Thrash About) with IV's 23/31/10/11/10/1. If it is of any help, it's PID according to PokeCheck is 0xA535F2E3.

Can anyone help out?
You hit your other Timer0 value, C7F. There is no Adjacents tab for eggs, but if you catch a Pokemon immediately after taking the egg, you can check its IVs to see whether you hit your seed or not.

In Standard Seed Searcher window, what does it tell you about the seed? What does it tell you the shiny frame is? Does it have a Y in the Wild column?
The next version of PPRNG will be much clearer regarding which kinds of frames on a particular seed will be shiny.

Can't seem to find my parameters using a flash cart. Have DS address in, game, and DS Lite selected. Enter the time I press A to load the game, and enter the IVs I receive after using Sweet Scent. I'm in Wellspring Cave. What should I be setting my min/max to?

Looked the Ditto up on PokeCheck and he is in fact an international Ditto. I'm surprised that that never messed with any of the previous RNG bred Pokemon I hatched. Thanks for helping out with that! :)

I'm still trying to get this damn Shiny Abra though. It just won't work. I changed up pokemon this time and got different Abra's (both hatched from this very game). Female has the DW ability. Got all of their IV's from PokeCheck. Pretty sure I put in all of the info right (I've been doing it this way for a while now and it's been successful). But Abra is just being an ass right now. Here are some pics of my PPRNG screens:

Can anyone help out?
i think there is a problem in the rng reporter for the international breed.it was mensioned by OD few pages back.and said that it will be fixed in the next version of the rng reporter.right guys

i think there is a problem in the rng reporter for the international breed.it was mensioned by OD few pages back.and said that it will be fixed in the next version of the rng reporter.right guys
He's using PPRNG, not RNG Reporter.

Can't seem to find my parameters using a flash cart. Have DS address in, game, and DS Lite selected. Enter the time I press A to load the game, and enter the IVs I receive after using Sweet Scent. I'm in Wellspring Cave. What should I be setting my min/max to?
remember not to press any button while opening the game.
try to widen the search ranges of the parameters, expecially the Timer0 and the VCount.

Just started Standard RNG Abuse

And I need help. I found my DS Parameters. But when I used the Time Finder, no results popped up.

(I have repeated the DS Parameters setup like 4 times. I got the same result. So my I'm pretty sure my DS Parameters are correct).

For anyone wondering:

I'm using a DS Lite (Guitar Hero Model, if that actually counts),
Pokemon Black (English),
Using the date: February 3 2012 12:00:15
And catching Cobalion (saved directly in front of it).

Am I doing anything wrong?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Your best option is to just keep searching months until you get something more reasonable. Are you using 3 keypresses? Do that if possible, it'll give you a lot more results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)