5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I've had this problem since day 1. Using 9.96 Beta of RNG Reporter for 5th gen Stationary Abuse. US Version of Pokemon White.

Right now, I'm trying Stationary abuse for a Shiny Kyurem with an Adamant Synch Frame and 31 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 31 IV's.
ID: 09625 (Read 9625_ on 9.96. Not sure if it makes a difference).
SID: 49652
MAC Address: 17ABB9008B on a DS Lite.
Seed: EBC31182EB175080
Delay: I have it set to 1 / 1.
I can hit my seed easily and verify it by IV man. My problem is my frame. I cannot see where my starting frame is. I have tried to find a pattern with my first three frame advances, but it appears no where under my generated frames. My IVRNG is completely on, but my PIDRNG is completely off. My question is, what can cause my IVRNG to be on, but not my PIDRNG? Did I calibrate wrong, and should I re-calibrate?

I've had this problem since day 1. Using 9.96 Beta of RNG Reporter for 5th gen Stationary Abuse. US Version of Pokemon White.

Right now, I'm trying Stationary abuse for a Shiny Kyurem with an Adamant Synch Frame and 31 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 31 IV's.
I can hit my seed easily and verify it by IV man. My problem is my frame. I cannot see where my starting frame is. I have tried to find a pattern with my first three frame advances, but it appears no where under my generated frames. My IVRNG is completely on, but my PIDRNG is completely off. My question is, what can cause my IVRNG to be on, but not my PIDRNG? Did I calibrate wrong, and should I re-calibrate?
Hum... My initial frame for stationaries is always the same unless I do IVRNG advancements by walking around beforehand, which is the only case where I need to search for a starting frame. Otherwise, the one calculated by RNG Reporter is always correct.

As your IV's are in the first frame on that seed, and there are no NPCs in Giant Chasm, the PIDRNG should definitely start where RNG Reporter says so in the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame".

Also, double-check if you have the encounter type set correctly. (It might sound stupid but it does happen to me sometimes.)

If none of those is your problem, then I guess you should, in fact, recalibrate.

Hi! I have a question about breeding. I've just RNGed a Staryu, RNGReporter predicted my desired results (31/22/31/31/31/31 Timid with ability 1 -Natural Cure-) and everything's perfect except for the ability which resulted being Illuminate or ability 0, I've checked the IVs and they are correct, the nature and even the characteristic as well (capable of taking hits) and when listening to the chatot pitches they were as RNGReporter predicted.

Does anyone know why this happened? Both the time finder and the main screen claim that the result was going to have ability 1. Is this something related to Timer0 fluctuation or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

I did as you said and PID does not match, is supposed to be E5A9452A, instead is AF3AAF5B. Target Frame is 83. Can't find what's wrong with my settings though. Here's the information:

Pokecheck:
Father
Mother
Result

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I see the problem now, you're still using alpha 12 which had a bug with breeding. I put the same seed in mine (alpha 16) and got ability 0 PID AF3AAF5B on frame 83. Gotta update!
Also, please put large images in
tags so it doesn't stretch the page.

Hum... My initial frame for stationaries is always the same unless I do IVRNG advancements by walking around beforehand, which is the only case where I need to search for a starting frame. Otherwise, the one calculated by RNG Reporter is always correct.

As your IV's are in the first frame on that seed, and there are no NPCs in Giant Chasm, the PIDRNG should definitely start where RNG Reporter says so in the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame".

Also, double-check if you have the encounter type set correctly. (It might sound stupid but it does happen to me sometimes.)

If none of those is your problem, then I guess you should, in fact, recalibrate.
I have the encounter slot set to nothing, is that correct or does Kyurem have a specific one?

Thanks for your help btw.

Calibration isn't the issue here if you're getting the correct IVs. Also, it reading as 9625_ makes no difference.

You haven't specified what PID frame you're actually aiming for, or whether you're using the C Gear or not. Using the C Gear would give inconsistent results and would make it pretty much impossible to get a shiny.

The first frame on that seed that turns up shiny is on frame 279, which is very high for you to be aiming for if you were only using chatots.

You have to remember that any movement would cause the PIDRNG to advance while inside that cave.

I personally suggest you try and find a better seed with a lower shiny frame, as this one is not going to make your job very easy. Make sure you use the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG frame" button.

Calibration isn't the issue here if you're getting the correct IVs. Also, it reading as 9625_ makes no difference.

You haven't specified what PID frame you're actually aiming for, or whether you're using the C Gear or not. Using the C Gear would give inconsistent results and would make it pretty much impossible to get a shiny.

The first frame on that seed that turns up shiny is on frame 279, which is very high for you to be aiming for if you were only using chatots.

You have to remember that any movement would cause the PIDRNG to advance while inside that cave.

I personally suggest you try and find a better seed with a lower shiny frame, as this one is not going to make your job very easy. Make sure you use the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG frame" button.
I'm using a Standard Seed, and was planning to hit the Shiny Frame is at 279 after I could hit my seed and confirm where I'm hitting my frame. I save infront of it, and do not move at all.

I think I'll try another seed, and see if I get different results. Its just very... strange why this happens.

Thanks Voodoo and Ewokese also for the help.

EDIT: I got it. 9.96 gave me some incorrect PID frames, shoved it in 9.95 and everything matched up. Got it and ready to power out some nice Outrages.

@Rayce Nice thing you got your Kyurem^^

I have a question too, btw.
In the first post it is listed that "Although it is possible to RNG a shiny Roamer with the Elite Four, it will not let you get IVs".
Does that mean the IVs are previously set upon original release or that they're generated at the same moment as nature yet you can't control the IVRNG at that time?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
the iv frames advance quite a lot every second during a battle. Don't remember by how many exactly thogh

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
That's when they're just sitting there. More PRNG calls are made for each attack, with a miss doing less calls than a hit obv, then there's something about the blinking of the Pokémon...

That's when they're just sitting there. More PRNG calls are made for each attack, with a miss doing less calls than a hit obv, then there's something about the blinking of the Pokémon...
I see, that makes it even harder to predict than the weather advances on the PIDRNG and pretty unpractical on a retail card without save states. I guess I'll just do some Chatot flips randomly until I get my nature rather than try for shininess.

I don't know how I forgot the fact that you'd have to hit your seed before the fight with the Champion and that'd mean IV frame advancements. Anyway, many thanks for your help guys^^

am having large amounts of trouble rnging the event piplup. just to confirm, i should be using standard wondercard rng, yes? then just advance frames with chatot, and i should have it?

i've been trying for ages and havent even found a single relevant result.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
am having large amounts of trouble rnging the event piplup. just to confirm, i should be using standard wondercard rng, yes? then just advance frames with chatot, and i should have it?

i've been trying for ages and havent even found a single relevant result.
That's correct. What part exactly are you stuck on?

the nature/ivs are always wrong. i haven't been once able to confirm that i was close to my desired frame.

i assume that wondercard rng is identical to how it was in bw, so the PID correlates to nature/gender AND ivs. so with ivs and a nature, i should be able to confirm what frame i actually hit. but i havent managed to confirm a single time.

timer0 complicates things. it could be screwing around a lot, but i shouldve had a result i could confirm at least once by now.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Which PC are you doing it at? Make sure you're at one with no moving NPCs to reduce extra variables. I know Nimbasa is safe, for one. Also, have you used Memory Link?

If it is a Timer0 issue, then you can use the Adjacent Seed tool to check other nearby Timer0s, see if any of those seeds match what you've been getting.

i was doing it at the elite four. will move to nimbasa. even so, they should only move the frame a small amount, so i should still be able to find the frame that i hit.

havent used memory link, but i did use the unova link to gain the key for regice. does that change something?

something i just realised... can this piplup be shiny? i had it set to 'never shiny'.

Edit: nope, the shininess box doesnt change anything.

Edit2: one other thing that bothers me. in the time finder, my desired frame is '55', but when i copy the seed into the standard window and generate a list of frames, my desired frame drops to '53'. cant explain this one, and im not sure which one is correct.

after i changed the unova link settings back, i got the flawless piplup on my third try. that might have something to do with it.

also, can the genesect event be shiny? is it normal wondercard or glan?

after i changed the unova link settings back, i got the flawless piplup on my third try. that might have something to do with it.

also, can the genesect event be shiny? is it normal wondercard or glan?
Pretty sure Genesect is a normal wondercard.

However, I'm having huge problems with Piplup too. I'm going to try a few more troubleshooting before I try to figure out what's wrong. I've only gotten close to the seed once (was off by two chatot flips, but I wanted to try a seed with less than 70 flips)

There's no way to search exclusively for female seeds with the wonder card option, right? It's a bit of a pain to manually go through each seed generated with the ideal spread to check if it would be female.

I was able to successfully rng a Timid Genesect on my Black 2. Still working on trying to get Imposter Ditto to spawn in Hidden Hollows Giant Chasm using RNGreporter. Haven't been successful at that for three weeks now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)