5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to abuse my ID/SID and I got my parameters already in game. I calibrated several times and in the end chose a 1672 timer0. I'm using the same process to Id/SID abuse as in BW 1. But everytime, I end up with an ID of 58159 which returns no results...
I've already re-started my game and don't want to play up to the point where I can recalibrate..is there anything I can do from here?

Thanks
Would be most helpful to post more info, such as seed, time, date, type of DS, parameters you get, etc.

I'm trying to abuse my ID/SID and I got my parameters already in game. I calibrated several times and in the end chose a 1672 timer0. I'm using the same process to Id/SID abuse as in BW 1. But everytime, I end up with an ID of 58159 which returns no results...
I've already re-started my game and don't want to play up to the point where I can recalibrate..is there anything I can do from here?

Thanks
thats because it checks the seeds hit with only the minimum timer0....but if you change the minimum timer0 one by one through your timer0 range youll find that you did hit one.. but not your timer0 that you chose....kinda sucks...but if you did hit your timer0 when min timer0 is set to the timer0 you chose it will show a result.....

Would be most helpful to post more info, such as seed, time, date, type of DS, parameters you get, etc.
These are my parameters:
Vcount: AC
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8
Timer0: 1672
White 2 English
DSi XL

I don't recall the seed I was trying to abuse my ID's on but it had a flawless IV spread. The date/time is 10/15/2012 2:07:14 and the ID I was supposed to be hitting is 34123.

Thanks

Hey guys, I was just wondering. For the rng abuse, can you manipulate for shininess and for IV's on a stationary pokemon? Or is it just limited to one or the other?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, I was just wondering. For the rng abuse, can you manipulate for shininess and for IV's on a stationary pokemon? Or is it just limited to one or the other?
Yes, you can do both. Except on stuff with a shiny lock (Hidden Grotto, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Victini).

Ok, thanks! How would I do that then? I was able to get the stationary shiny and with the nature I wanted, but the IV's were wrong

Agonist

Ok, thanks! How would I do that then? I was able to get the stationary shiny and with the nature I wanted, but the IV's were wrong
wrong Timer0, didn't do the right keypresses, or you started at the wrong time.

Edit: you do have your parameters, right?

Yeah I got the parameters set. When I choose my method of abuse, I choose gen 5 PIDRNG. I set the IV's that I want, and then choose the shiny only box. That makes the seed with both IV's and shiny right? And I have the encounter type set to stationary

Yeah I got the parameters set. When I choose my method of abuse, I choose gen 5 PIDRNG. I set the IV's that I want, and then choose the shiny only box. That makes the seed with both IV's and shiny right? And I have the encounter type set to stationary
theres the problem you have to set it to "iv standard seed" and check "search for nearby shiny frame"

Hey guys, just picked up my copies of BW2.

Now, I was wondering, is it worth it to RNG that Genesect event? How many of you guys have RNG'ed it for flawless IVs and nature?

Second, where's the earliest location in the game I can RNG it if I so choose to? I want to make sure I don't miss getting the event before it expires next month.

Agonist

Hey guys, just picked up my copies of BW2.

Now, I was wondering, is it worth it to RNG that Genesect event? How many of you guys have RNG'ed it for flawless IVs and nature?

Second, where's the earliest location in the game I can RNG it if I so choose to? I want to make sure I don't miss getting the event before it expires next month.
yeah it's worth it, and the earliest Pokecenter without any WNPCs is Castelia.

yeah it's worth it, and the earliest Pokecenter without any WNPCs is Castelia.
So is RNGing basically the same as it was in BW? I haven't RNG'ed in a while since the old games, but usually was able to achieve what I wanted without much trouble.

Does the guide in the OP cover BW2? And is it the same as it was in BW for Wondercards?

Also, can someone explain to me what Dream Radar is and catch me up? It'd be much appreciated.

So is RNGing basically the same as it was in BW? I haven't RNG'ed in a while since the old games, but usually was able to achieve what I wanted without much trouble.

Does the guide in the OP cover BW2? And is it the same as it was in BW for Wondercards?

Also, can someone explain to me what Dream Radar is and catch me up? It'd be much appreciated.
It's more or less the same, except you have a much larger range of timer0s this time around.

Dream Radar is an app for the 3DS that lets you send over a handful of Pokemon & items to Black/White 2, kind of like the Pokewalker for HGSS, except more fun and even has a few Legendaries. Don't concern yourself with it right now, though, since RNG Reporter doesn't work with it yet. PPRNG does, though.

Hi. I'm a regular on the GameFaqs board but a first time poster here at Smogon.

I have done a lot of RNG Egg Breeding in Pokemon Black 1 but have only RNG Wondercarded for Keldeos before. I managed to get HP Electric, HP Grass and HP Ice Keldeos.

I am about to try and RNG Genesect in Pokemon White 2 and have been talking to a few other RNGers on the GameFaqs boards on how to go about this. I am aware that I am going to have issues with Timer0s when calibrating.

However, in addition a friend who had just RNGed Genesect mentioned another possible problem. Apparently, there is now an issue when loading the game after the star animation because after that it goes into the opening movie no matter what you do. To address this he suggested entering at a second or 2 after the star is gone and keep on experimenting until you get it right.

Is anyone else aware of such problems when starting up the game which could cause problems. Also, what is the best way to adjust for this if there is such a problem.

Agonist

However, in addition a friend who had just RNGed Genesect mentioned another possible problem. Apparently, there is now an issue when loading the game after the star animation because after that it goes into the opening movie no matter what you do. To address this he suggested entering at a second or 2 after the star is gone and keep on experimenting until you get it right.

Is anyone else aware of such problems when starting up the game which could cause problems. Also, what is the best way to adjust for this if there is such a problem.
I've never heard of this before, and even if it did force you to watch the intro, no big deal, it has no effect on your PID frame, or anything.

I've never heard of this before, and even if it did force you to watch the intro, no big deal, it has no effect on your PID frame, or anything.
Thanks for the quick response :heart:

So does that mean I just need to make the normal 1 second offset (I'm using a DS lite) when pressing A to start the game, and then press A again after the Game Freaks logo - as I did in Black 1?

Hi. I'm a regular on the GameFaqs board but a first time poster here at Smogon.

I have done a lot of RNG Egg Breeding in Pokemon Black 1 but have only RNG Wondercarded for Keldeos before. I managed to get HP Electric, HP Grass and HP Ice Keldeos.

I am about to try and RNG Genesect in Pokemon White 2 and have been talking to a few other RNGers on the GameFaqs boards on how to go about this. I am aware that I am going to have issues with Timer0s when calibrating.

You just have to press A one more time to skip the movie, it doesn't affect anything (I have experience from the Japanese version of the game).

Is there any way to make RNG Reporter search multiple years (or a range of years) for spreads?

edit:
You just have to press A one more time to skip the movie, it doesn't affect anything (I have experience from the Japanese version of the game).
I can confirm that pressing A one more time to skip the movie does absolutely nothing.

Whenever I try to close the RNG Profiles window of RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta, I get the same message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Windows\system32\profiles.xml' is denied"

When I click Continue, the window stays open, and when I click Quit, the window stays open.

The thing is, I can't even find that file or folder. I've tried redownloading the program, but nothing works. Could someone please give me some detailed help on this? Or at least a way use 9.96 Beta without having to save a Profile? I'm using Windows Vista BTW

Could it be that my RNG Reporter 9.95 be causing the bugs in 9.96?

Can RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta work even if you can't close the Profiles Window? Just as a temporary fix until I figure out what's going on in the program.

My PPRNG is simply not working anymore. I have followed the smogon guide down to the letter, tried so many spreads that it is ridiculous, and most of the time what pokemon I get isn't even the list of possible results. I have doubled checked, all the information I have entered into PPRNG is correct. This problem started occuring after I tried to RNG eggs, but was fine when I RNGd Reshiram and two wondercard pokemon. Please help, this is deeply frustrating.

So about that broken breeding in BW2... What does that mean in layman's terms? I get that it means "no RNGing for eggs", but can anyone explain the mechanics behind it in a very simple way?

Also, is Entralink RNG any easier in this game, or is it the same as before?

Agonist

My PPRNG is simply not working anymore. I have followed the smogon guide down to the letter, tried so many spreads that it is ridiculous, and most of the time what pokemon I get isn't even the list of possible results. I have doubled checked, all the information I have entered into PPRNG is correct. This problem started occuring after I tried to RNG eggs, but was fine when I RNGd Reshiram and two wondercard pokemon. Please help, this is deeply frustrating.
Are you using the right keypresses, are you starting at the correct time, are you hitting the right Timer0? If you're using BW2, there are potentially up to 12 Timer0's, so if you search in the adjacents, and your parameter range isn't wide enough, you won't find any results.

@ Hotdogturtle Entralink is much easier now.

Are you using the right keypresses, are you starting at the correct time, are you hitting the right Timer0? If you're using BW2, there are potentially up to 12 Timer0's, so if you search in the adjacents, and your parameter range isn't wide enough, you won't find any results.

@ Hotdogturtle Entralink is much easier now.
I am using Pokemon Black for RNG abuse. I am doing all those things, and my Timer0 is only C7C - C7D, it seems unlikely that I have missed all the spreads that I have tried to do. I may not have entered exactly the right parent IVs into the Seed Searcher, but the ones that are wish for the baby pokemon to inherit are 100% accurate, the iv calculator is sure of it. I am not sure if that last issue is a major problem, and therefore the source of my discontentment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)