Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there viability/has it been done before, of a monotype team seizing number one on the ladder? What would be the most likely type to do this, and would it be best for this team to focus on balance, or HO (i'm figuring common weakness would make stall unplayable)?

I'm pretty sure Heal Bell is a gen4/3 move so im not sure how it will be a cleric if you do not have access to those moves. If you cant get Heal Bell then perhaps a bulky paraflinch set could be used:

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Aura Sphere / Heal Bell

If you are able to get heal bell you could put it in place of aura sphere, as then you would act as a bulky defensive pivot and be able to relieve your team of status's.
il pass on that, in the team i have planned a blissey would make a better support, so im going with her. or do you think i should use togekiss instead of weavile? (im debating might over favorites)

What should I evolve a shiny calm nature Tyrogue into? Which evolution is the best for it?
honestly, calm nature is terrible for tyrogue - or fighting types in general - with its lessened attack rate you have 2 options, attempt to recreate it again with a more suitable nature like adamant for a hitmonchan, or just keep it as a tropy, unless you RNG'd it

Well since it's shiny I'm going to evolve it. I don't want to have all the effort it took to masauda method it. Say you had to evolve it what would you choose? Also I'm going to give it pokerus as well as a power bracer once I do evolve it.

Well since it's shiny I'm going to evolve it. I don't want to have all the effort it took to masauda method it. Say you had to evolve it what would you choose? Also I'm going to give it pokerus as well as a power bracer once I do evolve it.
seeing as your nature makes your attack grow slowest, your best bet is hitmonlee

and now for another question: is it possible to get a deino with dark pulse through mass chain breeding?

So, I was wondering, would specs volcarona be any good? Iv'e had that idea floating around in my head for a while and wanted to know if anybody has had any good experiences with it>

My friend and I have made a team of Salamence/Tyranitar/Ferrothorn/Gliscor/Reuniclus/Jellicent, and we've noticed a bit of trouble with HP Fire Rotom. We are also lacking in a revenge killer. The objective of the team is that of semi-stall; wear things down and then let Mence get a DD and start sweeping. We have a 4 man core of Tyranitar/Ferrothorn/Reuniclus/Gliscor, with Salamence being the set-up sweeper and Jellicent being tacked on the end.

As I'm not quite ready to make an RMT yet, I'd like some concise help. Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, and Salamence have all been perfect and have bee used in every match; the other three have had less use and thus are open to replacement. Can you suggest potential changes to the team? What we're looking for is a physical wall that can help with Gen V's fighting types, another wall or tank that can help with everything in general, and then the 'glue' pokemon. The first two must synergise well with Tyranitar and Ferrothorn and must be able to deal with sandstorm damage and entry hazards to make a sturdy 4 man core. Unorthodox suggestions are fine but they must help the team in some way.

So, I was wondering, would specs volcarona be any good? Iv'e had that idea floating around in my head for a while and wanted to know if anybody has had any good experiences with it>
I don't think so considering if you have Rapid Spin support, getting one and probably 2 QD's is much more threatening. Getting locked into Bug Buzz/Fiery Dance isn't the best idea with the increased usage of Heatran now. I always thought Scarf Volcarona would be really cool, since Fiery Dance would be like a special Moxie.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My friend and I have made a team of Salamence/Tyranitar/Ferrothorn/Gliscor/Reuniclus/Jellicent, and we've noticed a bit of trouble with HP Fire Rotom. We are also lacking in a revenge killer. The objective of the team is that of semi-stall; wear things down and then let Mence get a DD and start sweeping. We have a 4 man core of Tyranitar/Ferrothorn/Reuniclus/Gliscor, with Salamence being the set-up sweeper and Jellicent being tacked on the end.

As I'm not quite ready to make an RMT yet, I'd like some concise help. Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, and Salamence have all been perfect and have bee used in every match; the other three have had less use and thus are open to replacement. Can you suggest potential changes to the team? What we're looking for is a physical wall that can help with Gen V's fighting types, another wall or tank that can help with everything in general, and then the 'glue' pokemon. The first two must synergise well with Tyranitar and Ferrothorn and must be able to deal with sandstorm damage and entry hazards to make a sturdy 4 man core. Unorthodox suggestions are fine but they must help the team in some way.
Hi, ideally, one of the best physical walls in the game, is going to be Gliscor, a Sub Toxic set, which can Toxic Rotom W from behind a sub, and stall it out. It gives you an excellent check to fighting types, and covers Tyranitars large weakness to fighting attacks so I highly recomend it.

Your next too slots are hard since I don't still know what sets you are running on Tyranitar for example, but I think that a Rest Talk Gyarados, is an excellent tank which can rack up hazard damage with Dragon Tail, and it does a good job at checking any other physical attackers you might come across that Gliscor cannot deal with (like say, HP Ice Mienshao, Ice Punch Lucario, DD Scrafty), as well as handling Volcarona since you can set up Stealth Rock and phase it out. It does leave you a bit more open towards Rotom W however, do you could try Dragon Tail Kyurem or Dragon Tail Dragonite, or even CM + Roar Latias which don't mind Rotom W so much, and can still tank attacks very well.

You last pick is going to depend on what tank you picked above, its going to need to handle threats the rest of your team cannot, for example, if you picked Gyarados, Rotom W is a good choice as a decent scarfer that can give you excellent momentum and abusing any hazards you lay down. Specially Defensive Jellicent is also a good option for spinblocking, preventing your hazards from being spun away, and it can tank a Volt Switch from Rotom W without too much difficulty. Whatever you decide, it should patch up any weaknesses you might have, for example Volcarona, Rotom W, etc etc so that your team can handle a wide range of threats. its going to be difficult for me to suggest something concrete when a "glue" is difficult to define, it should be the last pokemon you pick, and it should clear up any problems you can see the team having. Bottom line, Pick your physical wall and Tank, then look at what you struggle to handle (maybe check out the OU list) and make sure your last pokemon can handle those last few threats, and you should be good to go!

What happened to the wartstories forum? Have they been scattered to their respective tier's forums, or are they hiding somewhere?

Thanks!

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
warstories are being posted in the main forums, for example kd24 posting his warstory vs k-12 in the main OU section.

Hi, ideally, one of the best physical walls in the game, is going to be Gliscor, a Sub Toxic set, which can Toxic Rotom W from behind a sub, and stall it out. It gives you an excellent check to fighting types, and covers Tyranitars large weakness to fighting attacks so I highly recomend it.

Your next too slots are hard since I don't still know what sets you are running on Tyranitar for example, but I think that a Rest Talk Gyarados, is an excellent tank which can rack up hazard damage with Dragon Tail, and it does a good job at checking any other physical attackers you might come across that Gliscor cannot deal with (like say, HP Ice Mienshao, Ice Punch Lucario, DD Scrafty), as well as handling Volcarona since you can set up Stealth Rock and phase it out. It does leave you a bit more open towards Rotom W however, do you could try Dragon Tail Kyurem or Dragon Tail Dragonite, or even CM + Roar Latias which don't mind Rotom W so much, and can still tank attacks very well.

You last pick is going to depend on what tank you picked above, its going to need to handle threats the rest of your team cannot, for example, if you picked Gyarados, Rotom W is a good choice as a decent scarfer that can give you excellent momentum and abusing any hazards you lay down. Specially Defensive Jellicent is also a good option for spinblocking, preventing your hazards from being spun away, and it can tank a Volt Switch from Rotom W without too much difficulty. Whatever you decide, it should patch up any weaknesses you might have, for example Volcarona, Rotom W, etc etc so that your team can handle a wide range of threats. its going to be difficult for me to suggest something concrete when a "glue" is difficult to define, it should be the last pokemon you pick, and it should clear up any problems you can see the team having. Bottom line, Pick your physical wall and Tank, then look at what you struggle to handle (maybe check out the OU list) and make sure your last pokemon can handle those last few threats, and you should be good to go!
Thanks for the help! Tyranitar is currently the Specially Defensive set, 252HP/4Atk/252Sp.Def, and although I occasionally use the Mixed set, I prefer this one for its colossal Sp.Def. I will certainly use Gliscor as I've had a lot of success with it in the past, and I'll try out Latias, Gyarados, and the phazing dragons. The only concern I have with Gyara is that between SR and Sandstorm it will be worn down quickly as Leftovers will have so effect, but if it is Resttalk it should hopefully stick around for longer. I'll try them all out, and I may post an RMT in future when I've played with the team enough. Thanks for the help!

two questions:
1st: can you find either a budew/roserade or a happiny/chansey in DW? if so, where?
2nd:can their DW abilities be bred outwithout another budew/roserade/happiny/chansey?

Anyone got a reliable dmg calculator? My max/max jolly +4 Cobalion's Close Combat was tanked by a max/max Relaxed Tangrowth...w/ 2 layers of spikes up...

I know Coba's Att isn't amazing but COME ON!!!

EDIT: I used the Calculator on this thread's 1st page

I think it was right that I did not OHKO factoring in leftovers recovery...

Sigh Coba you dissapoint me

+4 Jolly Cobalion CC w/ Lefties does 69.8 - 82.4% to max/max+ Tangrowth.

2 spikes does 16.7% so nope.

Lesson of the day: Learn to use Life Orb.

@xinefere: neither are available yet (budew may be available, i need to check). DW Blissey was released in some event last year, might help asking around in the wifi boards
to your second question, you just need a female with the dw ability. you can breed with ditto to produce a male to breed with your original pokemon if you dont have one

fantastic... well thanks ice beam il just find some other way to get the roserade, il request for a blissey over gts

btw i heard at school that the rotom you get from the NPC trade is breedable, fact ot fiction?

UnderUsed

I want an UU team with Venomoth and Nidoking in, and I'm wondering what other pokemon would be useful to have with them.

Venomoth:

Tinted Lens/Timid
252 HP/4 Sp. Atk/252 Spd

- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Baton Pass

Nidoking:

Sheer Force/Timid
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd

- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Help would be much appreciated...

I want an UU team with Venomoth and Nidoking in, and I'm wondering what other pokemon would be useful to have with them.

Venomoth:

Tinted Lens/Timid
252 HP/4 Sp. Atk/252 Spd

- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Baton Pass

Nidoking:

Sheer Force/Timid
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd

- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Help would be much appreciated...
Generally, it's considered bad form to make posts asking for people to help you build your team on this topic. If you've already got a team together and just need a little help on a specific question, that's a different story but general queries such as "I have these two Pokemon what else should I have on my team" aren't really appreciated.

Also, this question doesn't really belong on this board to begin with, as this is an OU topic and you're asking an UU question. Then again the lack of a SQSA thread for UU doesn't leave you much choice so I can hardly blame you for that one. It also means I can't offer you any solid advice though, being an OU player myself.

EDIT: Oh, and @truevillany, don't blame Cobaloin, Tangrowth is a defensive beast few can match. It can take Terrakion's attacks, so Cobaloin isn't going to stand much of a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)