Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've got a team with a Baton Pass Scizor lead (Agility, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Bullet Punch) who is supposed to pass to a Dragonite or Gyarados, both with DD (in case the bp fails etc). What would be some teammates for these guys?

Hey guys, I've got a team with a Baton Pass Scizor lead (Agility, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Bullet Punch) who is supposed to pass to a Dragonite or Gyarados, both with DD (in case the bp fails etc). What would be some teammates for these guys?
1. Ninjask probably does that better than Scizor.
2. In the case of Ninjask, everyone knows how to deal with this situation anyway, and will immediately switch to the Hazer. For Scizor, it is unlikely that he'll get both Agility and Swords Dance off. If the opponent sees one, he'd switch to his Phazer while you do the other stat-boost. On turn 3, all the effort is wasted with a single Roar.

In my opinion, if you warn people about this ("My balls are hacked; don't assume I don't have egg moves"), it becomes the competitive equivalent of having everything in a Poké Ball since you can't tell if a Pokémon in a regular Ball was caught or bred.
It's also worth mentioning that the presence or absence of a Cherish Ball can matter for some event legendaries, if they were gifted with moves that they don't normally learn. IIRC, though, Poké Ball and Cherish Ball are the only two sorts of balls that make certain moves legal when they wouldn't be otherwise. (It's also possible to tell the generation a Pokémon was caught in by the ball, sometimes; for instance, a Blissey in a Quick Ball cannot know Seismic Toss, as there's no way to get Seismic Toss onto a Blissey in fourth gen (you have to tutor it in third gen), and there's no way to get a Quick Ball in third gen (as it didn't exist then).)

If I leve up a magneton in Mt. Coronet with a rare candy will it evolve, or do I have to level it up by battling a wild pokemon?

If I leve up a magneton in Mt. Coronet with a rare candy will it evolve, or do I have to level it up by battling a wild pokemon?
It should evolve with Rare Candy. You should test it. Save game before you use Rare Candy. You can then just turn off the game if it was unsuccessful.

1.-How do I get shaymin-s on trades if i dont even have him on my pokedex?
Shaymin can only ever be traded in Land Forme.
To get it into Sky Forme, you need one that was obtained in a "fateful encounter". Oak's Letter event in Platinum gives such a Shaymin, (I'm not sure about Diamond and Pearl) as may any other Shaymin event.
Once you have a fateful encounter Shaymin, obtain the Gracidea key item from a person in Floraroma (Pt) or Goldenrod (HGSS). Use it on Shaymin to make it transform. Put Shaymin in the PC (or wait until night or get frozen) to transform back.

This is what Cantab said:
Sorry for taking so long, but thanks. I simply thought that Damp would not allow using the move at all, and because of that I left it out of the possibilities.

Edit: Whoops! no Damp pokemon seem to learn explosion/selfdestruct... I'm beginning to think it's an illegal move in Smeargle. Could it be?

There is a detailed guide on moves restrictions here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/move_restrictions
Regarding Damp, it still allows the moves to be selected and executed, but they simply fail to have any effect. Missing is another, much more common, example of a move being executed, but having no effect. Earthquaking a flying-type or levitator would be yet another example.

There is a detailed guide on moves restrictions here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/move_restrictions
Regarding Damp, it still allows the moves to be selected and executed, but they simply fail to have any effect. Missing is another, much more common, example of a move being executed, but having no effect. Earthquaking a flying-type or levitator would be yet another example.
OK, in this case I'd need to know if anybody can remember a vs-seeker-able double battle with a damp pokemon, so that I could do it by having Smeargle copy my own pokemon. Any help would be appreciated.

I remember someone in the old Heavy Offense thread a little before it closed that HO was basically dead because of how easy it was to counter. What modifications to, say, Anacronism's infamous team (Azelf, Mence, Dragonite, Lucario, Scizor, T-tar), or just HO teams in general, to help them better perform in today's OU metagame? Also, what is today's metagame like, as I haven't really been playing in a few weeks?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I remember someone in the old Heavy Offense thread a little before it closed that HO was basically dead because of how easy it was to counter. What modifications to, say, Anacronism's infamous team (Azelf, Mence, Dragonite, Lucario, Scizor, T-tar), or just HO teams in general, to help them better perform in today's OU metagame? Also, what is today's metagame like, as I haven't really been playing in a few weeks?
Bulky offensive appears to be the norm.

Check out this thread.

1. Ninjask probably does that better than Scizor.
2. In the case of Ninjask, everyone knows how to deal with this situation anyway, and will immediately switch to the Hazer. For Scizor, it is unlikely that he'll get both Agility and Swords Dance off. If the opponent sees one, he'd switch to his Phazer while you do the other stat-boost. On turn 3, all the effort is wasted with a single Roar.
Ninjask is fragile and predictable. Scizor can bluff an SD set, and also isn't completely useless without Baton Pass.
I have used Ninjask before, and I didn't really like it.

What order do the moves get erased in the daycare? i'm trying to keep a suitable parent with DD for a Bagon i'm breeding and I don't want to risk losing DD because the current father i'm using still needs to be trained and only has it due to it beeing an Egg move.

What order do the moves get erased in the daycare? i'm trying to keep a suitable parent with DD for a Bagon i'm breeding and I don't want to risk losing DD because the current father i'm using still needs to be trained and only has it due to it beeing an Egg move.
The very first move will be forgotten. Then the new move becomes the fourth move. So make Dragon Dance the last move so you won't risk losing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)