Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Base 98. Also, I'm not sure Starmie can OHKO, because it's actually fairly bulky. Something like Guts Conkeldurr might do better, or of course any of the faster dragons.
Unless I calculated wrong, since I can't find a good 5th gen calculator, LO Timid Starmie does 320 - 376 (98.46% - 115.69%) against 0 hp/0 spdef Hydreigon, Which is almost always a OHKO

We don't have usage statistics for the Smogon server yet, so UU and NU don't exist yet. All we have right now are OU (or Standard, if you want to call it that) and Uber.
Can you send me the link to the list?

Can you send me the link to the list?
The current ban list? Off the top of my head it's Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, both forms of Giratina, Zekrom, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, Deoxys normal and attack forms, Manaphy and Darkrai. I think the full list is in a thread ontop of the dragon spiral tower forum. Check there to see if i missed anything

EDIT: And Arceus. http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=144&a=187

I got 75.69% - 89.23%. Obviously one of those is way off.
Strange, just calculated again, with and without life orb(thought maybe you forgot) and got the same calculation basically(added 4 hp EVs, assuming Hydreigon is running modest/timid with 252 sp atk and speed, then the rest in hp)

I think you gave him 252 sp. def EVs, cause i got that exact same result when I did that.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Strange, just calculated again, with and without life orb(thought maybe you forgot) and got the same calculation basically(added 4 hp EVs, assuming Hydreigon is running modest/timid with 252 sp atk and speed, then the rest in hp)

I think you gave him 252 sp. def EVs, cause i got that exact same result when I did that.
252 SpAtk Life Orb Starmie Ice Beam vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Sazandora: 75.69% - 89.23
Marriland's calculator also gives me the same result (give or take a couple points of damage due to rounding errors because it doesn't have a LO option for some reason).

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Are illegal movesets like Baton Pass Speed Boost Blaziken and Magic Mirror Baton Pass Espeon still illegal in DW OU?

Easy question, HO!!

I'm EV training a Whimsicott. I'm training HP at Icirrus City with Derpfish, which grants 2 HP EV's each. Whimsicott is holding a Macho Brace to double the EV's earned. Since Whimsicott is only level 13 or so, I'm switching to another Pokemon to actually dish the final blow. So now for the question. Does Whimsicott earn 4 HP EV's participating in the battle, or are they split and he only earns 2 since I switched out?

EDIT: Not Whimsicott... Cottonee... Still getting a handle on these names. Not like it affects the question, though...

EDIT 2: Thanks voodoo pimp!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Every Pokémon that gains experience from a battle gets the full EVs, modified individually by their respective held items and/or Pokérus.

So to get voting rights on smogon you have to be within the 15+15 range on smogon's standard OU server and only standard OU, right? As in, if you were number one on the DW OU server you wouldn't be able to vote?

What purpose is the battle box and battle competition features of BW?
Ease of accessing your team rather than searching through your boxes, while being able to instantly put them all in your party, and just for fun I suppose.

Does anyone besides me speculate the coming of "Magma Ruby" and "Aqua Saphire" coming soon? I felt that HGSS were coming (although unaware of the name) when Platinum introduced the Gold and Silver pokeballs on the floors of Pokemon Centers. The reason for me speculating this is because

1)3rd Gen has been the only gen (bar 4th and 5th Gen because of their newness) to not get remakes.
(1st->FRLG, 2nd->HGSS)

2) Besides Pikachu on the Hiun/Castelia City Pokemon Center and minor Charizard/Dragonite/Marowak references(A girl relates Charizard to Driftveil Drawbridge, Dragonites skeleton appears, and Marowaks weapons appear), Armaldo is the only pokemon whose full body appears in 5th Gen while being a past gen pokemon. I speculate that it may be so subtle a sign as the Gold/Silver pokeballs in the pokemon centers that Magma Ruby and Aqua Saphire (my dub names) are soon on the way, most likeley around or after the (most likely) release of grey.

Smag-dab in the middle.

Not just the skeleton, but the whole body.

E:@Hutch-I would drop Cottonee since it honestly has poor attacking stats/typing for in-game use.

Of those I've only used Herdier. He's pretty good, decent bulk especially with Intimidate and a fairly strong STAB Return or Strength. Stoutland's Crunch wrecked the Ghost E4 member and did a number to the psychic one too.

I'd say drop Blitzle or Cottonee, simply because offensively electric and grass overlap too much.

Toast, they are definitely going to remake Ruby/Saphire. They did so with Red and Silver. They want more MONEY!!
Well of course, it xouldn't be avoided. I was just speculating that it's coming so soon as, perhaps, next Spring (US) or perhaps sooner. IDK, seems a bit..."coincidental", no? ;)

I think we'll see Grey before RS remakes. I reckon the next main series game will be on the 3DS. BW already have 3D models in the game, meaning it will be a very simple process to translate it onto the 3DS. By contrast, RS are sprite-based games that would require every piece of game artwork to be redone in order to take advantage of the 3DS's 3D capabilities. That's more work for Game Freak.

FRLG came out straight after RS because Game Freak knew there'd be demand to get the missing Pokemon, since in RS not all could be accessed. That wasn't the case in DP thanks to Pal Park, hence Pt (less work to make) came out before HGSS (more work to make). I think we'll see the same in Gen 5 - if there ARE RS remakes, they'll be after Grey.

On the other hand, Nintendo might just do a 3DS Virtual Console release of the GBA games, with few or no changes. (IMHO, only good if Pokemon can be got to BW.)

Since I was 8, when I started playing Pokemon, there have seemingly been certain principles regarding the EXP gain of Pokemon with certain typing. According to Oak in the first games, all Grass and Water Pokemon gain EXP much faster than Fire, which is to say that the EXP required to gain one level is significantly less for a Grass type than a Fire type. I now question the verity of this principle. For example: Sceptile gains EXP faster than Blaziken. Why? Apparently, this is because Fire types grow slower than Grass types, in exchange for being powerhouses. In addition, the secondary Fighting typing of Blaziken causes Blaziken to a have a slight increase in EXP level duration. Above all, it is pain for me to train Dragon Pokemon. Dragons, for some reason, have exceedingly high EXP counts for one level. All the types introduced in later games are slower to level up, with the exception of Dark. My question: What types level up faster, and why?
Pokemon types have no bearing on xp, it varies from pokemon to pokemon. And the whole blaziken thing is merely blaziken being a higher level. Anyway experience rates are merely on game freak's whim.

I wonder if 3DS Virtual Console gen 3 games will be able to be migrated to the Gen 4 Pal Park...?
Isn't 3DS Virtual Console just for Game Boy and Color games?

Anyways guys, should I use TR sweeper or CM set for Reuniclus in the Battle Subway? Leaning towards TR right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)