Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do this myself but no dmg cacs have been working for me.(just my broken computer). Can someone help me find the evspread a metagross needs to ohko a hitmontop(252hp) with zenheadbutt and 2hko a latios with meteor mash?
Adamant 208 Attack EVs allows you to OHKO Hitmontop 100% of the time and do 72-85% to Latios.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would do this myself but no dmg cacs have been working for me.(just my broken computer). Can someone help me find the evspread a metagross needs to ohko a hitmontop(252hp) with zenheadbutt and 2hko a latios with meteor mash?
Have you tried this one? I dunno what problems your computer has, but that's the only calculator I've gotten to work on my shitty old laptop.

If a pokemon uses surf and I have a storm drain gastrodon out would surf hit it 3 times? Also if gastrodon uses surf would it get hit?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
If a pokemon uses surf and I have a storm drain gastrodon out would surf hit it 3 times? Also if gastrodon uses surf would it get hit?
If Gastrodon's partner used Surf, Storm Drain would activate once and both opponents would be hit normally. If Gastrodon used Surf, nothing special would happen. This applies equally to all spread moves - for instance, if your opponent used Water Spout, Gastrodon would get one boost and its partner would take damage normally.

This isn't necessarily a simple question, but I was wondering with the way that the VGC tournament structure is changing to mirror the TCG does anyone know if there will start to be smaller VGC events in the future? I'm talking about events similar to battle roads and city championships and such.

I just think it would be really cool if people had a chance more than once or twice in a year to play and would help develop a larger player base.

This isn't necessarily a simple question, but I was wondering with the way that the VGC tournament structure is changing to mirror the TCG does anyone know if there will start to be smaller VGC events in the future? I'm talking about events similar to battle roads and city championships and such.

I just think it would be really cool if people had a chance more than once or twice in a year to play and would help develop a larger player base.
In time, most likely. All that we have is huge compared to 2005. They have taken some pretty huge steps to get the VG where it is now, so I would give it a couple years until we have a "States" for the VG.

This is my Toxicroak
Toxicroak (M) @ Black Sludge Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out

- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

Should i switch Fake Out for X-Scissor to have a super effective on psychic?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Does anyone know a good counter to sand teams and another counter to rain teams?
Abomasnow? But I'd really recommend not relying on a single "counter" for an entire team (since any good player is going to make sure that no individual Pokémon beats their whole team anyway), but rather make sure that your team as a whole can handle it.

I was told that Trick Room teams never make it into the 5-1s etc, and was told that mostly only goodstuffs do.. This kinda turned me off my TR spree. What are your guys ideas on TR in VGCs? Worth doing or not? I really wanna TR because I'm good at it but if goodstuffs are gonna be the better chance to get into the 5-1s i'd rather do that...

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
You play with what you're comfortable with it. Any type of team has a chance at winning if it's built well enough and it fits your playstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)