Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
voodoo pimp, Global Battle Union is other players. Battle Subway is what you're thinking of where you play the CPU.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ah, right. That's what I get for not reading thoroughly enough. But I suppose Battle Subway would still be an option if you don't have wireless access or don't like the long waits.

on people's sig theyll have something like BLACK FC: 1233 13333 133333

what are those numbers? to get them to battle? or are your friends list whenever u log on online?

on people's sig theyll have something like BLACK FC: 1233 13333 133333

what are those numbers? to get them to battle? or are your friends list whenever u log on online?
That would be their friend code for their Black Version game. Two people need to register each others' friend codes in their games in order to battle and trade with each other.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
where will my friend code be found in the game? in order to add mine here
You must first get the Pal Pad, then visit the Wi-Fi counter of any Pokemon Centre and connect to Wi-Fi for the first time and they'll give you a code. This can be checked at any time in your Pal Pad.

Does anybody know how the Battle Competition button works?

Also is it possible to recreate this and have our own competitions with properly customised rules?

(Because on BW you have almost no option on types of battle)

Battle Competition is essentialy used only at the vgc, as tPCI has its own special software and hardware to set up a wirless tourney.

I have a petition regarding the World VGCs. Am I allowed to advertise it in a thread, or will I get IP-banned as an adbot if I do? (also sorry if this is in the wrong place)

I have a petition regarding the World VGCs. Am I allowed to advertise it in a thread, or will I get IP-banned as an adbot if I do? (also sorry if this is in the wrong place)
What are you petitioning for? It has been a great success, plus with the news of the new tournaments, there is NOTHING wrong with the VGC's.

LCQ was single elimination, but a single loss in swiss still means you would not get in anyway.

Main event was best of 3 swiss day 1. You cannot ask more than that.

What are you petitioning for? It has been a great success, plus with the news of the new tournaments, there is NOTHING wrong with the VGC's.

LCQ was single elimination, but a single loss in swiss still means you would not get in anyway.

Main event was best of 3 swiss day 1. You cannot ask more than that.

Look at his location, it's very obvious he wants to petition for vgc in australia. There's a few people on this forum who would agree with him, but I honestly doubt it would accomplish much.

Let's say I have a Krookodile. After I beat the pokemon league and all he's in level 55.
I wanna start EV training my future team. Can I fully max EV train my krookodile?
Or do I have to start with a sandile in order to complete EV training when he reaches lvl 100?
That always confused me if I can EV train my team to the fullest when their so late in the levels
Or do I have to start basically from the beginning?
I read the archives with EV training. But didn't find that answer

Let's say I have a Krookodile. After I beat the pokemon league and all he's in level 55.
I wanna start EV training my future team. Can I fully max EV train my krookodile?
Or do I have to start with a sandile in order to complete EV training when he reaches lvl 100?
That always confused me if I can EV train my team to the fullest when their so late in the levels
Or do I have to start basically from the beginning?
I read the archives with EV training. But didn't find that answer
You can still EV train it now after it has been leveled up some (but you can't EV train at level 100, because in order to gain an EV your pokemon must gain experience). However, you should first clear it's EVs by giving it EV-reducing berries in each stat until they have no effect (how they are obtained in BW I don't know, as I have not needed to use them thus far). Then you can EV train it as normal. If you don't have berries, you will need to breed/catch a new one and EV train it from the beginning.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
(but you can't EV train at level 100, because in order to gain an EV your pokemon must gain experience).
I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) you can now because of the EV Wings (Health/Muscle/Resist/Genius/Clever/Swift) which give you one EV in each stat, and can be used at Level 100. I think you have to put a Pokemon in then take it out of the box for the stats to change though.
sorry just wanted to straighten that out

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
As of 5th gen, you can EV train normally at Lv100. Pokemon still gain EVs in battle at Lv100 even if they don't get exp.

EV Reduction berries come from dreamworld.

So since I obviously do not have enough berries to take out all the ev's in my entire team
I'm forced to just catch a duplicate and train it from scratch?
Just wanna confirm the answer with my understanding

What is DW

And does anyone have enough berries that I can re EV my team?

is using exp. Share on a pokemon bad? Or just enough to get them in a lvl high enough to battle and start EV?
Or does it gain EV from the other pokemon battling them?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Dream World

If you want to control the EVs it gets it's probably not the best idea to put an Experience Share on it and battle random stuff. It gets the EVs from the pokemon that are defeated.

Three questions:

Has the Worlds VGC format been 4 on 4 doubles for a while now and do you think it will remain that way in Hawii next year?

I heard someone saying that next year pokemon from all generations would be allowed. Is there any backing to this?

If someone wanted to have a chance at the Worlds VGC, would they need to have pokemon with perfect IVs in all stats? Is that a normal occurance? Or do most people only attempt to breed perfect IVs in the stats that will benefit their pokemon, like special attack and speed for a special sweeper dragonite, ect?

1. For the last 4 years, VGC has always been a 4 vs. 4 Doubles format. Most likely, it'll be the same this upcoming season. (We had team preview turned on for all our battles this year, which made it a bit different from previous years.)

2. It's possible, but we'll just have to wait and see. Right now, most people are practicing Doubles Cup (Which is just all Pokemon except Ubers such as Kyogre and Groudon). Rules might be announced September 1st or sometime during September this year.

3. It's possible to do well without flawless Pokemon in VGC. I know that R Inanimate used Pokemon that didn't have incredible IV's this year, but he still did very well. You wouldn't need perfect IV's, but most of the best players do RNG their Pokemon and it really does help, because there's nothing bad that comes out of it. A lot of Smogon members are actually very kind about giving their RNG'd Pokemon for VGCers for free when tournaments start up too.

1.Does that much people go to the vgc in Georgia?
2.Should I bring my mom next year or an fun adult(my dad hates pokemon)?
3.Do I need to start saving money for vgc?(this varies I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)