Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone will abuse of Rain or (but often and) Trick Room, so my team will be fucking slow and with a lot of Thunders. Then, 2 fast sweepers, i guess Salamence and a Steel-type. Who can work?

And, there will be a VGC in Rome in 2012?

Yes, maybe. What about minimum Speed Gliscor? Has 175, only 88 with Macho Brace. It looks cool, and is an amazing check for non-Waterfall Dragonite, Excadrill and Scizor

This is a silly question, but I don't know the answer to it:
If I catch a Shellos in Platinum, nickname it "Gastrodon", train it, evolve it, and then transfer it to Black, would it be banned in the VGC?

This is a silly question, but I don't know the answer to it:
If I catch a Shellos in Platinum, nickname it "Gastrodon", train it, evolve it, and then transfer it to Black, would it be banned in the VGC?
no.

the real question is why would you name your shellos gastrodon when you're going to evolve it.

If I need an Entralink Pokémon that I only have a male of (and likely don't have time to RNG with a good nature), which would be more important: getting the ideal nature and average IVs, or getting a decent nature and perfect IVs? (for example, on a Pokémon that is ideally Adamant with 252 HP / 252 Atk, getting an Adamant one with 13/24/10/x/15/23 or a Careful/Impish/Jolly/Brave one with 31/31/31/x/31/31)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying out an Ursaring with Protect/Facade/Hammer Arm. Fourth move will be either Night Slash or Shadow Claw, but as far as I can tell there's no meaningful difference between the two on this set. Before I go with Shadow Claw just because it's not an egg move and therefore less of a headache, is there any situation I missed where one would be better than the other?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I've used shadow claw on mine and I've never once been walled by anything that I can recall.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yes, i used protect / facade / earthquake / crunch. still has trouble with metagross despite having eq, its really bulky.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Doesn't Ursaring get Crunch?
So it does. How the hell did I miss that?

Just for the record, I did figure out a situation where it would matter. If Facade is disabled and I'm attacking Toxicroak or Heracross, then Shadow Claw is better. But I think the extra power against ghosts is probably going to be much more useful than that.

If I need an Entralink Pokémon that I only have a male of (and likely don't have time to RNG with a good nature), which would be more important: getting the ideal nature and average IVs, or getting a decent nature and perfect IVs? (for example, on a Pokémon that is ideally Adamant with 252 HP / 252 Atk, getting an Adamant one with 13/24/10/x/15/23 or a Careful/Impish/Jolly/Brave one with 31/31/31/x/31/31)
Anyone? I have to do this tonight...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I would refuse to settle for less than perfection. But since that includes RNGing all my special attackers to have a 0 Atk IV in case they get confused or Foul Played, maybe I'm just crazy.

What were the teams that won regionals? If there will be a topic for the winners to post their strategies/advice? I was unable to attend this time but I will be in April or at Nationals.

At VGC this past weekend, I wanted to save each round's battle as my battle video, then go to the Global Terminal in between rounds and upload the past round's video. I asked two different judges if I could go into the game and onto the Global Terminal (the hotel where it was held had Wi-Fi) without disrupting my participation in the Battle Competition, and they each said they didn't know, suggesting that I be safe rather than sorry and not try it. For future reference, does anyone know if I can do this or not?

At VGC this past weekend, I wanted to save each round's battle as my battle video, then go to the Global Terminal in between rounds and upload the past round's video. I asked two different judges if I could go into the game and onto the Global Terminal (the hotel where it was held had Wi-Fi) without disrupting my participation in the Battle Competition, and they each said they didn't know, suggesting that I be safe rather than sorry and not try it. For future reference, does anyone know if I can do this or not?
I *think* the answer is yes, but I don't actually know for sure. As far as I know the Live battle competition doesn't interact with WiFi at all, so I don't see why there would be a problem.

What were the teams that won regionals? If there will be a topic for the winners to post their strategies/advice? I was unable to attend this time but I will be in April or at Nationals.
TBH, teams were everywhere this regional. I can honestly say(at least here in Florida) the teams were so varied anyone could have won really. I saw everything from cherims(sp) smeargle. Just build a solid team, learn it, play it. In the end, It comes down to how you play your team, matchups, and hax >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)