Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Question regarding RBY mechanics. In RBY there was a badge boost glitch which, if you aren't familiar with it, reapplied every time you boosted your stats. Did this also happen in link battles? If it did I think it would probably be needed to applied to RBY battles henceforth. If this is an issue with the player base you could just implement a clause to remedy this. For example a 0 Badge clause where we assume every player has 0 badges.
The badge boost isn't applied in link battles, so this isn't a problem.

I say in teambuilder (thanks for responding i was waiting like 3 hours) soo i see in teambuider nothing 3d from gen 8 only in battles
Soo what you have to say about?

Last edited:

Ortheore

Tournament Banned
Hi, I would like to run some small tournaments, potentially on a regular basis. I would want to run RR tours, which means low numbers, and therefore they would likely be semi-private. I'm also assuming that I'll need to experiment with the tour commands, since I've not used them before and I have no faith in my ability to follow basic instructions.

Given that these tours would have low numbers and I'd have no idea what I'm doing, I don't feel comfortable just randomly starting tours in a place like Ubers or RoA. I'm not even sure if these rooms have rules regarding who can start tours. Would there be an appropriate place for me to trial these tournaments?

I mean a private room sounds appropriate, but I looked at the thread and I'm preeeetty sure I don't meet the requirements, so I'm not sure what alternative there would be

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributor
PS Admin
Hi, I would like to run some small tournaments, potentially on a regular basis. I would want to run RR tours, which means low numbers, and therefore they would likely be semi-private. I'm also assuming that I'll need to experiment with the tour commands, since I've not used them before and I have no faith in my ability to follow basic instructions.

Given that these tours would have low numbers and I'd have no idea what I'm doing, I don't feel comfortable just randomly starting tours in a place like Ubers or RoA. I'm not even sure if these rooms have rules regarding who can start tours. Would there be an appropriate place for me to trial these tournaments?

I mean a private room sounds appropriate, but I looked at the thread and I'm preeeetty sure I don't meet the requirements, so I'm not sure what alternative there would be
You can create a groupchat with /makegroupchat Name of Groupchat and invite the participants by typing /invite Username into the chat. For help with making tournaments, use /tour help

Why is Teleport so popular in SS OU? What makes it different from switching?
Teleport has a negative priority of -6, hence it (almost) always acts last. It automatically grants you momentum, as well as being a fantastic tool for Wish-passing, as you cannot really prevent a specific Pokemon from getting the wish other than preventing the Wisher from using Teleport

So i have to wait more my answer uhh?
The "3D models" used in the teambuilder for Pokémon from Generations VII and before are renders that come from Pokémon Bank, which doesn't support Sword and Shield. Because of that, those pictures don't exist for the Pokémon from Generation VIII and most likely never will.
The teambuilder right now probably uses sprites because they're the best-looking option (and it would definitely look pretty silly to try to use the animated renders from the simulator with the static Bank renders).
The important thing is that the 3D model renders you see in the teambuilder are official assets, and they simply don't exist for Generation VIII. It's not a work in progress or something you should expect to see added; it's almost certainly just not happening.

In the interest of giving a comprehensive answer, I'm going to address a possibility, but I also want to make clear that this isn't something you should expect to happen.
It's technically possible for a fan to go through Sword and Shield's models manually to render them in a more similar style - the amazing modelers from the CAP 3D modeling project have established a system for renders in this style for models of their own creation, while a 3D modeler here on Smogon has expressed interest in rendering the Generation VIII Pokémon in the style of Generation VII for battles but has been halted by difficulty parsing the animations of the models, which are necessary to make this possible in any reasonable amount of time.
However, even once those animations are available, re-rendering every model takes time and effort, and this is just one person offering to help. Doubling that workload by adding teambuilder renders on top of that - especially when the teambuilder is perfectly serviceable as it is and the priority is on making battles look nice if anything - seems like too much to ask and for too little gain, so I would not expect this to happen at all. The person who offered to render their idle animations decided that of their own volition; no one is entitled to ask any more of them.

Aside from that, please try to be more patient. The first time someone answered you, you made a backhanded comment about how long you had waited even as you thanked them (and three hours isn't long at all...), and now you sound pretty sarcastic and passive aggressive. People aren't going to want to help you when you act like that.

Edit: I just looked at the teambuilder and realized what you were asking, so I changed my post to a proper answer.

Edit in response to the below: That's okay - I understand. c: And sorry if I was too defensive in return! I hope this was some help either way.

Last edited:
The "3D models" used in the teambuilder for Pokémon from Generations VII and before are renders that come from Pokémon Bank, which doesn't support Sword and Shield. Because of that, those pictures don't exist for the Pokémon from Generation VIII and most likely never will.
The teambuilder right now probably uses sprites because they're the best-looking option (and it would definitely look pretty silly to try to use the animated renders from the simulator with the static Bank renders).
The important thing is that the 3D model renders you see in the teambuilder are official assets, and they simply don't exist for Generation VIII. It's not a work in progress or something you should expect to see added; it's almost certainly just not happening.

In the interest of giving a comprehensive answer, I'm going to address a possibility, but I also want to make clear that this isn't something you should expect to happen.
It's technically possible for a fan to go through Sword and Shield's models manually to render them in a more similar style - the amazing modelers from the CAP 3D modeling project have established a system for renders in this style for models of their own creation, while a 3D modeler here on Smogon has expressed interest in rendering the Generation VIII Pokémon in the style of Generation VII for battles but has been halted by difficulty parsing the animations of the models, which are necessary to make this possible in any reasonable amount of time.
However, even once those animations are available, re-rendering every model takes time and effort, and this is just one person offering to help. Doubling that workload by adding teambuilder renders on top of that - especially when the teambuilder is perfectly serviceable as it is and the priority is on making battles look nice if anything - seems like too much to ask and for too little gain, so I would not expect this to happen at all. The person who offered to render their idle animations decided that of their own volition; no one is entitled to ask any more of them.

Aside from that, please try to be more patient. The first time someone answered you, you made a backhanded comment about how long you had waited even as you thanked them (and three hours isn't long at all...), and now you sound pretty sarcastic and passive aggressive. People aren't going to want to help you when you act like that.

Edit: I just looked at the teambuilder and realized what you were asking, so I changed my post to a proper answer.
Uh sorry i din't mean to be that aggresive
And i am brazilian but i know english a bit well so i try to talk english sorry

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
When do you think we will get the cries for the Gen 8 Pokemon implemented into PS? I know most people play with music off so they don’t even hear the sounds but it feels a bit empty watching Gen 8 OU games where the Gen 8 mons don’t have any cries lol

How do I change a Pokemon's hidden power type in the teambuilder? When I change the IVs, it still says the type is dark.
It's an option in the same section as level, gender, friendship and Shininess! There should be a dropdown to let you change it.
However, it only appears if you've selected a format for the team where Hidden Power is legal - it's not there by default, even if the Pokémon knows Hidden Power. Try changing the team to National Dex OU or a Gen VII format:
1587583123720.png
< change the format like this
1587583037469.png
< this is where the dropdown will be

It's an option in the same section as level, gender, friendship and Shininess! There should be a dropdown to let you change it.
However, it only appears if you've selected a format for the team where Hidden Power is legal - it's not there by default, even if the Pokémon knows Hidden Power. Try changing the team to National Dex OU or a Gen VII format:
View attachment 239283 < change the format like this
View attachment 239282 < this is where the dropdown will be
It doesn't appear in gens 2 to 6. Is that intentional?

Hey all,

I was wondering if there is anyway we could access usage stats by the week or by the day. I think it would provide more data which would be beneficial for data interpolation. This could be very very useful for competitive formats such as VGC. I know showdown offers monthly data but is there any way of scraping weekly or daily data??

Thanks in advance

Hi, I need help from coders
(reference thread)
I've been reading documentation for adding a custom mode and i think I'm close to understanding how to do that, I just need to know where are all the events' name that I can add onEvent triggers on, especially those where you can modify a move's type and switching in or out.
I need to implement a volatile condition that is selected and then applied on the Pokémon that switches in, changing its typing and the type of the move it uses, I almost figured out how to do it, there are only some missing pieces.
To do so, I need to add a tick to the interface, similar to the box you can check to Dynamax your Pokémon the value of which is preserved and readable before and after you switch in or out, because the volatile status has to be added to the Pokémon that switches in. It could also totally replace the dynamax tick, the most important thing is that the value is preserved and readable after swtich out/in.
- How can I add this box?
- How can I read its value inside an "onEvent" trigger?
- How can I know if the player has selected the first or second Pokémon to switch in after swtich in?

EDIT: as a matter of fact, I just need to know if this would work as a custom battle format
https://github.com/Stitch98/stitch98.github.io/tree/master/twisted

Last edited:
Pretty sure this where I should post this... Trying to use the custom Guzma avatar, but when I use the command, I don't get the one posted on the website with all the sprites (him standing), but one of him couching instead. It doesn't seem to have another command. Unless what I'm looking at is out of date?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)