Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Hi when I am in the middle of a match and I switch to another tab (or even go to a PS tab like teambuilder) sometimes my screen will bug out and seemingly scroll down.
I used to have the same issue two years ago (I reported it here and here) when I was using firefox and some other firefox users confirmed that they have it as well. After switching to Chrome it never appeared again.

I just need to know if there is a way to add a move to a Pokémon during a battle or right before it starts.
In your case you're probably looking for the onBegin event.
Boy, if we had an event list this would be a lot easier.
Most existing event handlers are listed in the EventMethods interface in sim/global-types.ts. (There are several versions of them because many events only apply to the Pokémon whose Ability or Item is responding to the event rather than some other Pokémon, but a format only needs to use the basic handler name). Formats also get some extra events which are listed in the FormatsData interface.

In your case you're probably looking for the onBegin event.
Yeah, I already found it, but I can't manage to add a move on the go because I can't find a constructor for a MoveSlot data structure.
Also, I am trying to use the onChangeSet() trigger, but the new move isn't recognised.

Thank you for telling me about the event list, I couldn't find it.

Hi, I got a really weird interaction and don't know what happened. TTAR used rockslide, then next turn my GENGAR moved first and disabled it. But the Ttar used crunch instead, but the crunch failed... He could still use it next turn though? Anybody know what happened here?
Your ally Ninetales had just fainted, and it looks like it wasn't replaced. That means your Gengar was alone on the field at the time, right?
If your opponent's move "But it failed!" when the opponent only had one Pokemon left in a double battle, they probably accidentally targeted their fainted partner slot.
This is from the thread Dawn of ares linked. C:

Hello, I'm new to making a custom servers and I've only just started mine on glitch.com. The server itself runs fine, but I'm having trouble finding how to make myself admin. I'm aware of using config/usergroups and writing in my "myname",~ but it just doesn't seem to work. If anyone else has experience hosting on this site, a fast reply would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hello, I'm new to making a custom servers and I've only just started mine on glitch.com. The server itself runs fine, but I'm having trouble finding how to make myself admin. I'm aware of using config/usergroups and writing in my "myname",~ but it just doesn't seem to work. If anyone else has experience hosting on this site, a fast reply would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
You named the file :onfig/usergroups.csv which isn't right. In addition try remvoing the .gitignore file since glitch seems to think any ignored files can be deleted (or something like that) which is honestly not how .gitignore is supposed to work. I also highly suggest using a different and better host.

You named the file :onfig/usergroups.csv which isn't right. In addition try remvoing the .gitignore file since glitch seems to think any ignored files can be deleted (or something like that) which is honestly not how .gitignore is supposed to work. I also highly suggest using a different and better host.
Ah, got it working. I think the .gitignore was the problem, once I deleted it and refreshed the page, I got admin status. Thanks dude.
That said, if you have any recommendations on better hosting sites, I'll still be glad to check them out

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Ah, got it working. I think the .gitignore was the problem, once I deleted and refreshed the page, I got admin status. Thanks dude.
That said, if you have any recommendations on better hosting sites, I'll still be glad to check them out
Unfortuntely nothing free, I've heard OVH is good for the price though.

Yeah, I already found it, but I can't manage to add a move on the go because I can't find a constructor for a MoveSlot data structure.
There's no constructor, you just create an object with the correct fields. See the code for Sketch in moves.ts.
Also, I am trying to use the onChangeSet() trigger, but the new move isn't recognised.
onChangeSet() is used for team validation, rather than the actual battle.

There's no constructor, you just create an object with the correct fields. See the code for Sketch in moves.ts.

onChangeSet() is used for team validation, rather than the actual battle.
That Sketch suggestion was very appropriate, thanks a lot.
Guess I'll use onBegin() as you suggested.
Thanks again :cleffa:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ubers-499134

Can we seriously fix the fucking timer? This is a fucking joke. The fact that I find myself in time trouble simply for playing normally is just absurd. Do you expect me to play a tournament match and consistently not give any thought to my moves? Even the increment is a farce, as it's so small that by the time it's even possible for me to click anything I've lost time, meaning that I found myself in a position where even if I clicked something as soon as possible I'd still lose to time. And I couldn't even stop the timer bc smogtours lol

Hi, i'm trying to create my own Pokemon Showdown server so I can create a battle simulator that has a meta that is the same as an online pokemon game I play.

I'm new to editing the Showdown source code, but I've been working with Node.js and javascript for years. I thought i'd start off simple by editing the base power of Hidden Power Bug for gen 5. I went to data/mods/gen5/moves.ts and changed it's basePower from 70 to 60, however when I start the server up, nothing has changed and the base power remains at 70.

Am I being stupid here or is all the data being pulled from somewhere else? I've done some searching around, but can't seem to find much documentation.

Hey guys!! I am pretty much a beginner whe it comes to POKéMON games, and I just got the emulator app for my tablet and was wondering if I could still battle against other trainers (players) through the POKèMON CABLE CLUB COlOSEUM. If so, how would I go about doing that? Do I connect my tablet via bluetooth or something I am lost? I am not even sure if this is the correct website tone asking these questions.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Hi, i'm trying to create my own Pokemon Showdown server so I can create a battle simulator that has a meta that is the same as an online pokemon game I play.

I'm new to editing the Showdown source code, but I've been working with Node.js and javascript for years. I thought i'd start off simple by editing the base power of Hidden Power Bug for gen 5. I went to data/mods/gen5/moves.ts and changed it's basePower from 70 to 60, however when I start the server up, nothing has changed and the base power remains at 70.

Am I being stupid here or is all the data being pulled from somewhere else? I've done some searching around, but can't seem to find much documentation.
If your testing by looking at tooltips (the boxes that appear when you hover over a move/pokemon) that wont work. Tooltips are client side and the client dosen't request that kind of data from the server currently, it has a copy for itself. A better test case would be /dt hiddenpower, gen5.

If your testing by looking at tooltips (the boxes that appear when you hover over a move/pokemon) that wont work. Tooltips are client side and the client dosen't request that kind of data from the server currently, it has a copy for itself. A better test case would be /dt hiddenpower, gen5.
Ah, I thought that would be the case. Thanks for your help!

Hey guys!! I am pretty much a beginner whe it comes to POKéMON games, and I just got the emulator app for my tablet and was wondering if I could still battle against other trainers (players) through the POKèMON CABLE CLUB COlOSEUM. If so, how would I go about doing that? Do I connect my tablet via bluetooth or something I am lost? I am not even sure if this is the correct website tone asking these questions.
I don't think this website is good for discussing emulators.

I went to data/mods/gen5/moves.ts and changed it's basePower from 70 to 60, however when I start the server up, nothing has changed and the base power remains at 70.
Note also that prior to Gen 6 Hidden Power's power is calculated from your IVs so you would have to override the base power callback to change it.

Hey I had a small question about something and wasn't sure that this was the right place for it or if it's been asked before by others but I'm not really sure where else it would go.

The dex entries for terrains on PS! were updated to show that they now boost by 30% instead of 50%. So it might not really be relevant because it is updated to the current gen like I said, but I'm simply curious as to why the change isn't noted there in that it doesn't have the little "Past gens" note saying from 7-8 that the power increase was changed
https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/moves/electricterrain

Abilities like Aerilate and the other -ate abilities have been updated since gen seven but they do have that little note indicated that the power increase was changed https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/abilities/aerilate

So I'm really just wondering why the change in power is listed for Aerilate and those other abilities but not for something like the terrains.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Hey I had a small question about something and wasn't sure that this was the right place for it or if it's been asked before by others but I'm not really sure where else it would go.

The dex entries for terrains on PS! were updated to show that they now boost by 30% instead of 50%. So it might not really be relevant because it is updated to the current gen like I said, but I'm simply curious as to why the change isn't noted there in that it doesn't have the little "Past gens" note saying from 7-8 that the power increase was changed
https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/moves/electricterrain

Abilities like Aerilate and the other -ate abilities have been updated since gen seven but they do have that little note indicated that the power increase was changed https://dex.pokemonshowdown.com/abilities/aerilate

So I'm really just wondering why the change in power is listed for Aerilate and those other abilities but not for something like the terrains.
That section is based on the short description changing. For the terrains only the long one changed so there is not a generational change box. This should probably be improved.

How can I make a simple service message inside the chat?
Like:
"$Pokemon$ changed form!"
Is there a method to simply show a message in the battle room chat?
Also, is there a way to change a move's shown name and/or type inside the choice screen?
I know '-ate' abilites do that, but I cannot figure out how (I'm already using onModifyType() with -1 priority)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)