Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
It depends. Typically a Spore Prankster will come out early for a quick sleep, retreat, and then return mid game after you see the foe sets and find a way to get past and defeat the Poison Heal User, or Magic Bouncer. As much strategy as there is to defending against it, there is strategy in sending it out at the right moment - similar to a way that your team sets Stealth Rocks early on, and then you send out your hazard setter again mid-game after your foe's Magic Bouncer and Defogger is defeated.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
I'm on the fence about Sleep Clause simply because I don't see a need for it. I'm not for or against it, but I've always seen it as more of a part of BH. It's just been something I've taken into account when building a team (always have a Magic Bouncer, usually a Poison Heal, and almost always Safety Goggles).
That said, if there was a Sleep Clause, I'd be fine with it; just not really certain it's enough of a problem. In my cases, I'm more worried about any one of my team being Asleep.

Hello! This is my first post! Woo-Hoo!
I wanted to give a set suggestion!

WARNING: I do NOT know if anyone has thought of this b4 as I unfortunately don't have enough time to read all 135 pages before this.

Mega Mewtwo X
Ability: Pixilate
Moves: Fake Out
Extreme Speed
Precipite Blades
King's Shield
Ev Spread: 252 Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb/Earth Plate/Pixie Plate

This set is surprisingly very useful because of it's speed tier. It can outpaced and destroy the average Mega Rayquaza and Mega Diancie with its Fake Speed. It is violently decimated by Mega Aerodactyl. Precipite blades is there to help with steel types. King's Shield helps by blocking Fake Outs. Spiky Shield is still viable if you are too worried about endeavor Shedninja. The item is up to you. Life orb boosts both attacks at the cost of recoil. It WILL wear down Mewtwo slowly, so the plates work well to increase the power of a either its fairy or ground type moves repectively.

Here's a different set!

Mega Metagross
Ablilty: Prankster
Moves: Spore
Leech Seed
Magic Coat
Recover
Ev Spread: 128 Hp / 252 Def / 128 Sp.Def
Nature: Calm
Item: Leftovers/Safety Goggles

The point of this set is to totally counter -ate users. It can generally wall all of them, as it resists the -Ates. Magic Coat is VERY useful against users of Spore and entry hazards. This set is walled by Magic Bounce but is acctualy and surprisingly useful! Safety Goggles is recommended. The Special defense investment can be turned into attack investment. If so, you may use attacking moves such as Bullet punch/Iron Head and some other useful team coverage move to replace leech seed and Magic Coat.

Does anyone have any recommendations for improvement of these sets? Please let me know if you do!

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Hello! This is my first post! Woo-Hoo!
I wanted to give a set suggestion!

WARNING: I do NOT know if anyone has thought of this b4 as I unfortunately don't have enough time to read all 135 pages before this.

Mega Mewtwo X
Ability: Pixilate
Moves: Fake Out
Extreme Speed
Precipite Blades
King's Shield
Ev Spread: 252 Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb/Earth Plate/Pixie Plate

This set is surprisingly very useful because of it's speed tier. It can outpaced and destroy the average Mega Rayquaza and Mega Diancie with its Fake Speed. It is violently decimated by Mega Aerodactyl. Precipite blades is there to help with steel types. King's Shield helps by blocking Fake Outs. Spiky Shield is still viable if you are too worried about endeavor Shedninja. The item is up to you. Life orb boosts both attacks at the cost of recoil. It WILL wear down Mewtwo slowly, so the plates work well to increase the power of a either its fairy or ground type moves repectively.

Here's a different set!

Mega Metagross
Ablilty: Prankster
Moves: Spore
Leech Seed
Magic Coat
Recover
Ev Spread: 128 Hp / 252 Def / 128 Sp.Def
Nature: Calm
Item: Leftovers/Safety Goggles

The point of this set is to totally counter -ate users. It can generally wall all of them, as it resists the -Ates. Magic Coat is VERY useful against users of Spore and entry hazards. This set is walled by Magic Bounce but is acctualy and surprisingly useful! Safety Goggles is recommended. The Special defense investment can be turned into attack investment. If so, you may use attacking moves such as Bullet punch/Iron Head and some other useful team coverage move to replace leech seed and Magic Coat.

Does anyone have any recommendations for improvement of these sets? Please let me know if you do!
mmx is kind of mediocre as an -ate fakespeed user and I think diancie is honestly just better even considering the speed tier. You can run pixilate but typically its just pixie espeed alongside a regular set.

as for mega metagross, i really think youre better off just using registeel or aegislash both of which have better mixed bulk as well as very similar typing.

mmx is kind of mediocre as an -ate fakespeed user and I think diancie is honestly just better even considering the speed tier. You can run pixilate but typically its just pixie espeed alongside a regular set.

as for mega metagross, i really think youre better off just using registeel or aegislash both of which have better mixed bulk as well as very similar typing.

You have to give MMX credits for flexibility. It can take any -ate.

Mega Meta is kinda weird, whenever i try it i get hardwalled by Registeel and Aegislash.

edit; i checked the May usuage stats, how is Protean still there ?
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-05/moveset/balancedhackmons-1760.txt
MMY 33 % f.e.

Last edited:
Hi people, today i'm here to bring 2 awesome Mega Metagross sets. I don't know if anyone has used this before. It's a quite fun and unique sets since i think Mega Metagross is not used much on BH and it's completely underrated. If anyone can help to improve them, feel free. Hope you like it! :D

[SET1]
name: Gravity Destroyer
move 1: Shift Gear
move 2: Gear Grind
move 3: Ice Shard/Icicle Spear
move 4: Bonemerang
item: Life Orb/Lum Berry
ability: Technician
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe

[SET2]
name: Gravity Destroyer
move 1: Shell Smash
move 2: Stored Power
move 3: Earth Power/ King's Shield
move 4: King's Shield/Infestation
item: White Herb
ability: Simple
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS 1]
Moves
========
-Shift Gear: Shift Gear is a great boosting move, giving a boost on Attack and Speed that allows you to be at least dangerous.
-Gear grind: Gear grind is STAB and is here to cause damage...real damage. In addiction to Technician boost we have the Shift Gear boost. It attacks twice, so it's a great move to break Substitute.
-Ice Shard/Icicle Spear: Ice Shard is for ground coverage, doing good damage with the technician boost. It comlpletely rekts Mega Rayquaza as well!
-Bonemerang: Bonemerang is a fun and quite damaging move to use with Technician and is even more boosted with Shift Gear. Is here to deal with Aegislash and Dialga, 2 pokémon that could resist this set.

[SET COMMENTS 2]
Moves
========
-Shell Smash: Shell Smash is a great boosting move and with Simple+White herb gives you a free x3 SpA, SpD and Spe boost!
-Stored Power: Stored Power is a devastating move with stat boosts and with that Shell Smash is more powerful than ever! 20*9+20=200 power after Simple Shell Smash :O! Someone is going to die!
-Earth Power/Flash Cannon: Earth Power is here for coverage matching well against Tyranitar that's immune to Stored Power. And it does a lot of damage on Aegislash and Registeel.
-King's Shield/Infestation: Here the choice is yours. It depends if you want to survive more in case if you need another Shell Smash (now you dont have the White Herb) or if you want to destroy Shedinjas on predict, because after your opponents watches you making that Shell Smash he will try to use Shedinja to stop you.

Item
========
-Item for set 1-Life Orb/Lum Berry: You can use Life Orb for even more move power or Lum Berry to avoid Burns and Paralysis.
-Item for set 2-White Herb: This is quite obvious, it restores you the loss of Def and SpD that Shell Smash causes you.

Great Advantages
========
-Mega Metagross by being a Steel type is a great check to Diancie (resisting even to its Magma Storm) and a nice check to othe -ates Rayquaza and Kyurem that dont run Sacred Fire/Precipice Blades/Earth Power.
-Mega Metagross has a decent base speed reaching to 350 (timid) outspeeding some threats like Groudon, Kyogre, Kyurem, etc...
-Set 2 is a Special version of Metagross that can catch the oponnent by surprise since Metagross is more known by it's Physical potential.
-Any of the sets (specially set 1) are awesome counters of Mega Audino, Aegislash and Registeell. They are bulky walls but we have a super-effective move for all of them.
-Set 2 is imposterproof if you aren't running Earth Power. Just use a Tyranitar! If you are running Earth Power, then Yveltal is a great choice.

Threats
========
-Prankster: it can be a problem if the oponnent has a sleeping move (if you don't have Lum Berry on set 1).
-Topsy-turvy: If an oponnent uses it, it completely ruins your strategy.
-Ground types (set1): They are a problem by using ground moves that can KO metagross. You can try Ice Shard but only if you have done Shift Gear 1-2 times.
-Yveltal (set 2): It walls set 2 completely. Immune to both Earth Power and Stored Power.
-Shedinja: walls both sets. Walls set 1 completely and if you dont have Infestation on set 2.
-Imposter: For set 1 i suggest Shedinja to counter it, and for set 2 use Yveltal as a partner.

Nice calcs
========
+1 252 Atk Technician Mega Metagross Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 244 HP / 100+ Def Dialga: 380-448 (94.5 - 111.4%) -- approx. 75% chance to OHKO
+1 252 Atk Technician Mega Metagross Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza: 424-500 (120.7 - 142.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Technician Mega Metagross Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Fur Coat Giratina: 170-204 (33.7 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Set2:
+3 252 SpA Mega Metagross Stored Power (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 189-223 (58.3 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252 SpA Mega Metagross Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Tyranitar: 362-426 (106.1 - 124.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Mega Metagross Stored Power (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Groudon: 594-699 (147.3 - 173.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Meta 1;

Shift Gear Meta is underused because of M-Ttar.
Meta loses 40% from Knock Off and relays on coverage moves.
Yes -ate resistance is nice, but it can not outright sweep even if set up. Imperfect accuracy is a minus on top.

I mentioned your 2nd Meta set on May 8th.

I saw a different Yvnetal combo aswell, one with M-Metagross.

Mega Metagross
Ability: Simple

- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Earth Power
- Filter

Yvnetal combos so well ....
You will use it with Ynvetal, Moldy or Magnet Pull Yvnetal work well here.

Here the calc vs Evolite Chansey; definitly needing modest.
+4 252 SpA Mega Metagross Earth Power vs. -2 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 622-734 (88.4 - 104.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
+4 252 SpA Mega Metagross Earth Power vs. -1 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 702-828 (99.8 - 117.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

I dont know which one is right.
1st is (256 x 1,5) x 0,5 , 2nd is 256 x 0,67

I had best results with this Meta;

Mega Metagross
ability: Mold Breaker
item: Lum Berry
move 1: Shell Smash
move 2: Stored Power
move 3: Iron Head
move 4: Taunt
nature: Quiet
evs: 4 Spe / 252 SpA / 252 HP

M-Metagross can not get passed Giratina without Simple. (ca. 75% at +2). With simple its easy to revengekill, status or wall.
M-Metagross has no effective way of hurting Registeel. EQ makes it predictable and Shedinja walled.
Iron Head works well against Prankster M-Audino and helps against M-Ttar ( lives +2 without Investment)

I saw a different Yvnetal combo aswell, one with M-Metagross.

Mega Metagross
Ability: Simple

- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Earth Power
- Filter

Yvnetal combos so well ....

You will use it with Ynvetal, Moldy or Magnet Pull Yvnetal work well here.

Here the calc vs Evolite Chansey; definitly needing modest.
+4 252 SpA Mega Metagross Earth Power vs. -2 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 622-734 (88.4 - 104.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
+4 252 SpA Mega Metagross Earth Power vs. -1 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 702-828 (99.8 - 117.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

I dont know which one is right.
1st is (256 x 1,5) x 0,5 , 2nd is 256 x 0,67
im not exactly sure what you did for your calcs, but i find it easier to just change chansey's typing and base stats to calc imposter. the first one is right ig

i dont think you need modest though. just run 2 spd iv's and u can get the chansey ohko on the switch. even running rash wont get you a storedpower ohko. even then, a chansey ohko is not too important because you probably wont be staying in on the speedtie, since you have yveltal (protip: there's no "n" in there)
+4 252 SpA Mega Metagross Earth Power vs. -2 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 706-832 (100.2 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

the little problem about ur set is that its hardwalled by yveltal, which is not uncommon at all, although a +4 260 bp stored power is very nice

Question: Where can I find sets for Balanced Hackmons? I look on the viability rankings, see Mega Audino, Giratina, etc. sitting in A+ and A, but I can't find sets for them. I'd even like to see sets for Cresselia and Lugia, just to see what exactly their niches are.

And while we're on the subject, I think Mega Latios's BH Analysis needs to be updated (namely removing the Protean set).

The official Smogon Pokedex has sets for some of the top tier Pokemon in the meta, such as Kyurem-B, Mega-Diancie, Mega-Mewtwo, Mega-Rayquaza, and a couple of others. Just search for the Pokemon in question and see if it has a BH tab.

Unfortunately though, there isn't a set repository beyond that. Standard sets are basically ones you'll run into a ton on the ladder/tournaments and some of which are buried somewhere in topics like this.

There's also the Creative and Underrated Sets in BH thread, but keep in mind most, if not all, of these are non-standard. You'll need to look through the thread for sets for explanations on them, however, as Useless didn't copy those to the OP.

Hey guys,

I'm returning from a pretty long break from BH (~6 months). Anything I should know about new bans/metagame trends?

Hey, random question (related to my stats system overhaul):

Shouldn't a Meloetta-Pirouette revert to Meloetta-Aria when using Relic Song? I mean specifically in the context of hackmons, where you can send out a Meloetta in Pirouette forme.

I've confirmed that Aegislash-Blade reverts to Aegislash-Shield when using King's Shield (but only if its ability is Stange Change).

This issue appears to be shared by Castform weather formes (won't change forme even if ability is Forecast).

Is this mechanic intentional (possibly confirmed on a cart) or is this a PS bug?

cc Zarel

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Hey there BH people. I'm coming back to BH after a long while, I stopped playing Pokemon a little after the Pdon and Pogre bans, and I'm not sure what I should watch out for.

Hey, can someone help me out? I love this metagame, but I'm still rather new, and I've heard that Mega Audino is quite a good pokemon in this tier. Obviously it has a great typing, and I'd love to use it somehow, but since it has no analysis for BH on smogon, I don't really know how it's used/what sets to use. Can someone tell me what it generally does and some good sets to use for it please?

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Hey, can someone help me out? I love this metagame, but I'm still rather new, and I've heard that Mega Audino is quite a good pokemon in this tier. Obviously it has a great typing, and I'd love to use it somehow, but since it has no analysis for BH on smogon, I don't really know how it's used/what sets to use. Can someone tell me what it generally does and some good sets to use for it please?
It generally functions as either a Mega Gengar check, a Mega Ttar check/counter, or an overall utility wall. On my teams, I've really been only running Fur Coat Mega Audino, as it covers Ttar, something my team doesn't like. Iron Head would be the only real threat to it. On the other hand, it takes care of the standard Mega Gengar set with Ghost Judgment and Secret Sword, but loses to variants that carry Sludge Wave.
It can still perform well as other defensive roles, such as a Magic Bouncer. Its typing allows it to be a Knock Off absorber, and it simply can be a nusiance to opposing Pokemon. It can do fine as a Prankster or Unaware mon, but I haven't used Mega Audino as one of those, as I think it really shines as a slow pivot with U-Turn or Parting Shot to activate the team's Toxic Orbs or simply bring in frailer Pokemon. From my experience, it can perform similarly to Giratina, but different typing means it can act as checks to different Pokemon, and less bulk means it needs to rely on that typing more.

It generally functions as either a Mega Gengar check, a Mega Ttar check/counter, or an overall utility wall. On my teams, I've really been only running Fur Coat Mega Audino, as it covers Ttar, something my team doesn't like. Iron Head would be the only real threat to it. On the other hand, it takes care of the standard Mega Gengar set with Ghost Judgment and Secret Sword, but loses to variants that carry Sludge Wave.
It can still perform well as other defensive roles, such as a Magic Bouncer. Its typing allows it to be a Knock Off absorber, and it simply can be a nusiance to opposing Pokemon. It can do fine as a Prankster or Unaware mon, but I haven't used Mega Audino as one of those, as I think it really shines as a slow pivot with U-Turn or Parting Shot to activate the team's Toxic Orbs or simply bring in frailer Pokemon. From my experience, it can perform similarly to Giratina, but different typing means it can act as checks to different Pokemon, and less bulk means it needs to rely on that typing more.
What sort of Moveset would you run on it? I don't need anything exact, I don't want to steal your sets or anything, but could you give me an idea of the moves you would run in the other 3 slots?

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
What sort of Moveset would you run on it? I don't need anything exact, I don't want to steal your sets or anything, but could you give me an idea of the moves you would run in the other 3 slots?
What I run (not on a computer right now so I actually forget, lol) is U-Turn/Parting Shot and Milk Drink. The next two moves really depend on what kind of set you're looking to run. Some options include Aromatherapy, Defog, Stealth Rock, Metal Burst, Nuzzle, Knock Off, Whirlwind, King's Shield, Infestation Moonblast, and to some extent Taunt and Encore (slow speed makes those two better for Prankster). I'm a fan of messing with Imposter, so I personally like Knock Off. Stealth Rock is, in my opinion, best suited for non-Magic Bouncers, simply due to Imposter, so that's also a strong possibility. For a Magic Bouncer, something like Defog and Whirlwind could be a stronger option, as it can act as overall hazard control and phaser. But if you're lacking Aromatherapy and you feel like your team needs it, that can be fit on as well. I think that self-switch and recovery is a must, but from there, it really depends on the rest of the team's needs.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-mega-audino-qc-0-3.3563722/ there was an analysis planned, but it didn't go on. This analysis wasn't QCed, which means it might be of a lower quality compared to uploaded analyses, but I don't think there's something really wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)