Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v3 Triples.
1 day DQ 3 for ref
5 chills 1 recover
No evolved/single stage pokemon

Arena: Pirates Vr. Ninjas Vr. Zombies. Its the standard ASB arena BUT There are Pirates, Ninja's, Zombies and Robots. But instead of killing each other, They are gonna let us do it for them. =D

They may only pack the stand, but they dont leave you defenseless. Picking one of the teams will give you a special ability.You choose your team when you send out your pokemon.

Pirates: (command) (1 use per pokemon) Instead of attacking the pirates will give you a Hand, by Firing cannons at the entire opposing team, or one member. (dealing ten to all pokemon or twenty to one) costing 15 energy

Ninjas: (command) (1 Use per pokemon) Your pokemon have trained with the ninja grandmasters and can use their training to dissapear for an entire round has +2 prioity. While they disapear they can't attack or be damaged, Though the weardown of statups, and residual damage (Poison, leech seed, ETC) will still hurt you. costing 15 energy

Zombies: (Innate) (1 Use per pokemon) At the end of the round when your pokemon is Knocked Out, they will gain a second lease on life. Sorta. You will be ressurected with 20 HP and 30 energy, but they wont be as smart. They will only be able to use instinctual moves. (ones gained from level up) K0'ing them a second time will not gain you KOC nor is it required to KO them, if you opponent has a team of 3 zombies you win.
This sounds crazy awesome, so you're on! Our team needs moar battles! MOAR I SAY!

All abilites
Switch = KO
Items = None

LF a 1v1, beginner battle.

Send 1 mon to the ref.
1 day DQ, 2 day for ref.
5 chills, no Recovers.

Arena = a pleasant field of flowers somewhere. <3 Don't use fire moves, or the flowers will burn and the bugs will get mad! if you use a fire move, a Galvantula will use a 91% accurate Thunder off 3 stars sp. attack or a Crustle will use Stone Edge off 3 stars attack (50% chance of each).

I Metal Bagon accept your challenge!
First battle so I won't get my hopes but oh well.

Chooses the switch method: It's 1v1 so I guess it's KO
Chooses the ability method: All Abilities
Chooses the item method: Items Disabled

Guess now all we need is a ref.

Dis shit gon' be good. PM me your teams and I'll get the thread up.

Also, issuing an Open Challenge for a 2v2 Doubles. No items, switch="can't tell if troll or just very stupid", all abilities.
Arena: THE RING OF FIRE
"I went down, down, down... and the flames went higher..."
That's right. You're falling STRAIGHT DOWN throughout the entire match. You can't control your altitude unless you're a Levitating or Flying Pokemon, and all mons must be within 50 ft of each other. Oddly enough, you can move laterally at will - I guess the devil wants an interesting match. Every Pokemon in the Ring of Fire is afflicted by what is essentially Bad Poison - 1 DPA Round 1, 2 DPA Round 2, etc.
Accepting sounds boss. You didn't specify so 2 day DQ (might be gone saturday) and 5 chills 2 recovers. Now we need a ref.

Also need a ref for the match between me and Wolfe a few posts up.

Let's try this out, but be gentle with me; this is my first time.

Open Challenge
2v2 Singles
3 chills, 1 Recovery
2 Day DQ

Arena; Easter Island Beach
Sun beaming down strongly on a Tropical island, large Moai (Giant stone faces) adorning the sand, emanating a strange power. Swells wash over the shoreline, warm swells rising up from sea and making flight easier. Soft sand weakens the power of Earthquake and Magnitude, but makes Digging easier.

Umm... Yeah. I'm fresh, so don't be too overpowering.

I can dig it.

All abilities
Items allowed
Switch OK :3

Okay, I really wanna give this a try. Please we can has a ref?
Please please please please please?

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Metal_Bagon
Originally Posted by Fat Venser
LF a 1v1, beginner battle.

Send 1 mon to the ref.
1 day DQ, 2 day for ref.
5 chills, no Recovers.

Arena = a pleasant field of flowers somewhere. <3 Don't use fire moves, or the flowers will burn and the bugs will get mad! if you use a fire move, a Galvantula will use a 91% accurate Thunder off 3 stars sp. attack or a Crustle will use Stone Edge off 3 stars attack (50% chance of each).
I Metal Bagon accept your challenge!
First battle so I won't get my hopes but oh well.

Chooses the switch method: It's 1v1 so I guess it's KO
Chooses the ability method: All Abilities
Chooses the item method: Items Disabled

Guess now all we need is a ref.
To the rescue. PM me your teams.

"9v9" Triples, technically 3v3 Triples with three iterations of each Pokemon.
2 days DQ (4 for the ref)
12 chills per Pokemon, 4 recoveries per Pokemon (and by Pokemon I mean all three copies of that Pokemon.)

Arena: Challenger's Choice; any Sci-Fi arena with a water source is fine.

The twist of this fight is that a past version and a future version of yourself have also joined in the fight.

-Your past self uses the version of each Pokemon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature.
-Your present self will send out the current version of your Pokemon.
-Your future self will send out a version of your Pokemon that is at maximum evolution, with all moves and Dream World ability unlocked.

Due to a quirk in spacetime, nobody knows who is going to win or lose this match, despite having participated in it already. Time travel is a dick. For the purposes of damage, each Pokemon counts as a separate entity, and any combination of past, present, and future Pokemon can be used at any one time.

Counters for both the referee and the battlers are at the discretion of a head ref.
Because of this, it is recommended Flora or Deck take this one. Other refs can take this, though-Flora/Deck assign counters, however. PM the ref the original copy of each mon from the prize claiming thread (or, if it's a starter, from your profile's starred moves), the current version from your profile, and the future version, based on the current version.

Smeargle can Sketch ANY moves utilized and has access to EVERY move in the future state, but can only take permanent Sketch slots from moves it has traced from past or present pokemon only. Past Smeargle only gets its starting Sketch moves and cannot permanently Sketch moves gained here.

Starting evolution is also banned, as making the rules any longer than they already are would cause brain implosions. Items, if used, would be from the present trainer only.
4 VS 4 doubles
2 Day DQ, 4 for refs
Arena: Pokemon Musical Stage
The battle takes place on the stage. Sometimes, the audience (members not involved in the battle) will throw from Arm and Ear+Body props to the players, from the following (if you see an attack name, please refer to the Data Audit thread):

• Blue Flower: Boosts STAB Moves by 20% thrice (three times).
  • Red Flower: Boosts Critical hit rate by 2 in a pinch (under 25% of max HP) once.
  • Small Barrette: Grants the holder a three-round use Technician ability
  • Gorgeous Flower: Makes move combos 0 priority instead of -2 Priority (right?).
  • Pink Barrette: Boosts holder's Psychic-type BAP by 2 thrice.
  • Blue Barrette: Boosts holder's Water-type BAP by 2 thrice.
  • Red Barrette: Boosts holder's Fire-type BAP by 2 thrice.
  • Green Barrette: Boosts holder's Grass-type BAP by 2 thrice.
  • Snow Crystal: Boosts holder's Ice-type BAP by 2 thrice.
  • Electric Guitar: Hyper Voice
  • Toy Cutlass: Sacred Sword
  • Toy Sword: Secret Sword
  • Rigid Shield: Raises Defense and Special Defense by 6 -1 after damage is taken in the action
  • Mallet: Hammer Arm
  • Shuriken: Special Faint Attack BAP +4
  • Standing Mike: Chatter
  • Microphone: Relic Song
  • Bouquet: Aromatherapy
  • Trident: (Randomly) Physical/Special Charge Beam
  • Magic Wand: Telekinesis
  • Trumpet: Normal-type Snarl
These items will become the Pokemon's held item, even if Items = off and if the Pokemon already has an item. A pokemon can only have 1 Prop at a time. If an audience member throws a prop to you while your pokemon still has one, you'll decline it, no matter what. Sorry!
Female, non fully evolved Pokemon only, any moves that are going to break the stage or harm the audience is not permitted (i.e.: Earthquake, Dig, Bulldoze).
[/QUOTE]Bump, Everyone ignores me, eh? -.- (ZeroAsh (TCG) says this!)
EDIT: Adding another open challenge, what I call "BURST Brawl" (from the Manga Pokemon ReBURST)!
2 + 2 VS 2 + 2 Multi Battle
3 day DQ (4 for ref)
5 recovery moves/8 chills
Arena: BURST Arena
Since this is manga, this battle, everything is Black and White. An abnormal battle, since it's you battling, not your Pokemon (see for yourself: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Burst)! You are given 2 mystery Burst Hearts, containing any legendary Pokemon (all moves, pre-defined nature unless you have 5 total losses or more), only if your record has ("record advantage" system: losses minus wins equals total losses):

• 3 total losses = 2 Random from all usable (not uber) (don't send this to the ref)
  • 4 total losses = 2 Random from all including ubers (don't send this to the ref)
  • 5 total losses or more = Your choice (send this to the ref)
  • Otherwise, you seal two of your own Pokemon in two empty Burst Hearts (send this to the ref)
Don't worry about this
Bulbapedia said:
It is stated that in order to use Burst, one must go through rigorous training or else their life will be in danger if they attempt it.
, this is just online stuff, it won't affect real life. The arena itself is standard, All moves allowed.
Bulbapedia said:
When Burst is activated, any user will have their physical traits increased. Whatever abilities the user will get depends on the type of Pokémon used to combine
This means that you gain all information on that Pokemon, if it's an uber, search for it if possible. :P Also, there will be a backup self. Once your first self is KO'd, your "soul" switches to your backup self. Finally, sorry if this kind of battle is a rule-breaker or unfair...LOL.
1st chooses Switch = KO or OK
2nd chooses how many Abilities
3rd chooses Items
P.S.: Here's a reason I chose this kind of challenge: I am a fan of Pokemon ReBURST, the manga.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyone for a 1v1
Singles
1 day DQ 3 for ref
1 Recover, 2 Chills
Pick me!

All Abilities
Switch=yeah right
No Items

Arena: Lavender Tower, the second floor. The floor is covered with tombstones and the place is empty, just for the battle. Pokemon afraid of ghost (read: weak to it) will focus mostly on not crapping their pants instead of battling, resulting in a one star reduction on both Atk and SpAtk. Everytime a Tombstone is in any way broken, a ghost from the gastly family will appear to join the fun (60% a Gastly appears, 30% for a Haunter and 10% for a Gengar). They will have low hp and the ability to use any move they can normally learn.

This sounds crazy awesome, so you're on! Our team needs moar battles! MOAR I SAY!

All abilites
Switch = KO
Items = None
Dis shit gon' be good. PM me your teams and I'll get the thread up.

Also, issuing an Open Challenge for a 2v2 Doubles. No items, switch="can't tell if troll or just very stupid", all abilities.
Arena: THE RING OF FIRE
"I went down, down, down... and the flames went higher..."
That's right. You're falling STRAIGHT DOWN throughout the entire match. You can't control your altitude unless you're a Levitating or Flying Pokemon, and all mons must be within 50 ft of each other. Oddly enough, you can move laterally at will - I guess the devil wants an interesting match. Every Pokemon in the Ring of Fire is afflicted by what is essentially Bad Poison - 1 DPA Round 1, 2 DPA Round 2, etc.
Accepting sounds boss. You didn't specify so 2 day DQ (might be gone saturday) and 5 chills 2 recovers. Now we need a ref.

Also need a ref for the match between me and Wolfe a few posts up.
Need a ref for my two battles. Also sending a new challenge

CHALLENGING Anyone without fear
1v1
1 day DQ
5 chills 2 recoveries

He can pick the arena

Yay just got approved! Looking for someone to help me kick things off:

Beginner Battle
3v3 singles
DQ Time 1 day/ref 2 day
Standard recovery/chills

Arena - Park
A basic park setting with a few trees spotting the field and temperate skies

Sorry if I'm slow or if I make a mistake or two, it'll be my first time so I'll be trying to get the hang of it.

pimpgangster said:
Anyone for a 1v1
Singles
1 day DQ 3 for ref
1 Recover, 2 Chills
Frosty said:
Pick me!

All Abilities
Switch=yeah right
No Items

Arena: Lavender Tower, the second floor. The floor is covered with tombstones and the place is empty, just for the battle. Pokemon afraid of ghost (read: weak to it) will focus mostly on not crapping their pants instead of battling, resulting in a one star reduction on both Atk and SpAtk. Everytime a Tombstone is in any way broken, a ghost from the gastly family will appear to join the fun (60% a Gastly appears, 30% for a Haunter and 10% for a Gengar). They will have low hp and the ability to use any move they can normally learn.
Reffing.

PM me the mons.

shadowbone66

Banned deucer.
Uh. Sending out a chellenge.

3 Day DQ
2v2 Singles
2 Recovery/5 Chills

Let's go to the MAGICAL place known as...

Yup, we're going to Think With Portals in this battle.

GLaDOS has decided to let two trainers inside the Testing Facility in order to test the effects of Pokemon on various Aperture Science products.
The room is 50*50*50.
There are two intersecting lines if Propulsion Gel lining the center the the room, with Repulsion Gel at each end.
Aerial Faith Plates are scattered throughout the room, except they have been cunningly redesigned to mimic normal panels. If a Pokemon steps on one, they will be suddenly flung through the air.(5% chance of panel being AFP)
Ever since the events of Portal 2, the Facility has been in an...unstable condition. Therefore, GLaDOS wants to prevent too much damage to the structure. If the ref and/or GLaDOS deems that the line has been crossed, (which could happen fairly easily, as the panels that make up the room are fairly fragile) then the offending Pokemon gets a small burst of Deadly Neurotoxin. This works like Badly Poison, except it gets its own counter.
The computer could also set up a few turrets to attack the Pokemon at the end of each round, in random positions. (15% setting up 1 turret, 10% setting up 2 turrets, 5% chance setting up 3 turrets)
Turret

Type: Steel

Ability: None

Stats:

HP: 35
Attack: Rank 3
Defense: Rank 2
Special Attack: Rank 3
Special Defense: Rank 2
Speed: 75

Attacks:
Rapid Fire(Steel, Multi-hit, 3 Base Power per hit, Physical, No Contact; a quick stream of bullets is expounded at foe)
Note: Turrets can only attack when opponent is in front of them. Turrets are also quite light.

Yay just got approved! Looking for someone to help me kick things off:

Beginner Battle
3v3 singles
DQ Time 1 day/ref 2 day
Standard recovery/chills

Arena - Park
A basic park setting with a few trees spotting the field and temperate skies

Sorry if I'm slow or if I make a mistake or two, it'll be my first time so I'll be trying to get the hang of it.
Consider your challenge accepted.

Switch = KO
One Ability (I prefer to go with all, but I have the DW ability unlocked on one of my first-stage mons and this option will allow me to not use it, thus not breaking the beginner battle rules)
No Items

Being a flavor nut, I'd like to make a few purely aesthetical changes to the arena as well as a slight flavor backstory for my side of the battle. Sorry, I come from a community chock-full of RPs and backstory and interpretation, it's a subconcious thing fo rme xD and it'll make things more fun.

Arena Changes: The battlefield's at night, under a full moon and a starry sky. The moon and stars provide ample light so sight isn't a problem, and all moves legal in a daytime park are legal at night. Also, I assume there's no source for water for Surf, but EQ and similar moves are legal?

Spenstar just brutally lost a battle in the park he used to go to all those years ago, when his life wasn't completely messed up. The loss and the jeering from the little kids watching brought back painful memories of bullies who used to beat him in that same park and mock him. It also brought back memories of his sister, as the two used to work together to defeat the bullies, but now she's nothing short of evil and crazy. Overwhelmed by greif and frustration, a restless Spenstar walkes through the park at night, trying to let go of the old memories. That's when he saw Kalex and they began a battle; maybe this is what Spenstar needs to get better!

Consider your challenge accepted.

Switch = KO
One Ability (I prefer to go with all, but I have the DW ability unlocked on one of my first-stage mons and this option will allow me to not use it, thus not breaking the beginner battle rules)
No Items

Being a flavor nut, I'd like to make a few purely aesthetical changes to the arena as well as a slight flavor backstory for my side of the battle. Sorry, I come from a community chock-full of RPs and backstory and interpretation, it's a subconcious thing fo rme xD and it'll make things more fun.

Arena Changes: The battlefield's at night, under a full moon and a starry sky. The moon and stars provide ample light so sight isn't a problem, and all moves legal in a daytime park are legal at night. Also, I assume there's no source for water for Surf, but EQ and similar moves are legal?

Spenstar just brutally lost a battle in the park he used to go to all those years ago, when his life wasn't completely messed up. The loss and the jeering from the little kids watching brought back painful memories of bullies who used to beat him in that same park and mock him. It also brought back memories of his sister, as the two used to work together to defeat the bullies, but now she's nothing short of evil and crazy. Overwhelmed by greif and frustration, a restless Spenstar walkes through the park at night, trying to let go of the old memories. That's when he saw Kalex and they began a battle; maybe this is what Spenstar needs to get better!
Sounds fine to me! altho i forgot to mention in the arena that there is a small pool of water nearby so that surf and such are fine to use.

Now we just need a ref

Uh. Sending out a chellenge.

3 Day DQ
2v2 Singles
2 Recovery/5 Chills

Let's go to the MAGICAL place known as...

Yup, we're going to Think With Portals in this battle.

GLaDOS has decided to let two trainers inside the Testing Facility in order to test the effects of Pokemon on various Aperture Science products.
The room is 50*50*50.
There are two intersecting lines if Propulsion Gel lining the center the the room, with Repulsion Gel at each end.
Aerial Faith Plates are scattered throughout the room, except they have been cunningly redesigned to mimic normal panels. If a Pokemon steps on one, they will be suddenly flung through the air.(5% chance of panel being AFP)
Ever since the events of Portal 2, the Facility has been in an...unstable condition. Therefore, GLaDOS wants to prevent too much damage to the structure. If the ref and/or GLaDOS deems that the line has been crossed, (which could happen fairly easily, as the panels that make up the room are fairly fragile) then the offending Pokemon gets a small burst of Deadly Neurotoxin. This works like Badly Poison, except it gets its own counter.
The computer could also set up a few turrets to attack the Pokemon at the end of each round, in random positions. (15% setting up 1 turret, 10% setting up 2 turrets, 5% chance setting up 3 turrets)
Turret

Type: Steel

Ability: None

Stats:

HP: 35
Attack: Rank 3
Defense: Rank 2
Special Attack: Rank 3
Special Defense: Rank 2
Speed: 75

Attacks:
Rapid Fire(Steel, Multi-hit, 3 Base Power per hit, Physical, No Contact; a quick stream of bullets is expounded at foe)
Note: Turrets can only attack when opponent is in front of them. Turrets are also quite light.
Let's see. I'm in two matches plus my tournament match, and I'm leaving for vacation in three weeks. Let's do this!

Switch=KO
All abilities
No items

What sort of Pokemon were you intending for this battle? Strongest, LC legal, middle-stage, etc.

we got one way back iirc. Don't even remember who >_>

anyways IIMKULTRA AND I ARE 1V1ing
2 day dq i guess
no recovery/5 chill

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
we got one way back iirc. Don't even remember who >_>

anyways IIMKULTRA AND I ARE 1V1ing
2 day dq i guess
no recovery/5 chill
We have agreed on Monferno and Dratini as the pokemon.
Switch = my personal favourite, man falling off a cliff
No Abilities
No Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)