Battle Tree Discussion and Records

I've been toying with the idea of a Gravity team lately and I thought of this combination that might be of interest to someone. This is an alternative to the Aron/Endeavor sets that some have been running in Trick Room doubles/triples teams.

Pineco @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Protect
- Pain Split
- Toxic
- Gravity

The idea here is that once Trick Room is up, it uses Pain Split to essentially cut an opponent's HP in half while also getting back up to full health at the beginning of every turn. Unless both opponents manage to get an attack on it or there is some passive damage going on, this thing is actually difficult to take down. Also unlike Aron, it has no immunities and would be a possible target for any attack. The major downside is that you only get the opponent down to 50%, and you need a reasonably powerful partner to finish the job. Toxic and Gravity would be filler moves, although it can learn some other support moves like all the entry hazards.

Other Pokemon that get the Sturdy/Pain Split combo:

- Nosepass. Can learn some interesting support moves like Gravity, Wide Guard, Taunt, and T-Wave.

- Sawk. Support moves include Taunt, Quick Guard, Helping Hand, and Knock Off.

There may be some holes in this strategy as I've never actually implemented it, but I thought I'd throw it out there because it's interesting.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Welp I died on my 25th Super Single battle with my Serperior led team. Rock Slide Aerodactyl flinched my Serperior into oblivion, then flinched Mega Salamence. Next one in was Lycanroc-Midnight, was going to use Earthquake. But my 3DS directional pad is slightly broken since my 3DS is just so freaking old and sometimes doesn't respond, ended up clicking Dragon Dance instead. RIP. Volcarona died shortly after that.

Of course, my team was terribly composed--66% of my team is weak to rock, and Volcarona needs to go. Once I've mustered up the courage to migrate Suicune over I'm going to roll with that instead.

I'm still salty about Rock Slide flinching 4/5 times it was used. Why can't I ever get that to happen on my end to my opponent. I know the RNG is just as fair as it is against normal battles but still, can't help but conspire to make myself feel less bad at this game.

...yeah, I'm just really REALLY terrible at this game.
"Really terrible" would be someone still using their in-game teams and never making it past The First 10. At least you are halfway to getting your Singles stamp.

"Really terrible" would be someone still using their in-game teams and never making it past The First 10. At least you are halfway to getting your Singles stamp.
I managed to get the silver print in a couple Battle Frontier facilities (in Platinum) with my in-game team!!!!!!

Welp I died on my 25th Super Single battle with my Serperior led team. Rock Slide Aerodactyl flinched my Serperior into oblivion, then flinched Mega Salamence. Next one in was Lycanroc-Midnight, was going to use Earthquake. But my 3DS directional pad is slightly broken since my 3DS is just so freaking old and sometimes doesn't respond, ended up clicking Dragon Dance instead. RIP. Volcarona died shortly after that.

Of course, my team was terribly composed--66% of my team is weak to rock, and Volcarona needs to go. Once I've mustered up the courage to migrate Suicune over I'm going to roll with that instead.

I'm still salty about Rock Slide flinching 4/5 times it was used. Why can't I ever get that to happen on my end to my opponent. I know the RNG is just as fair as it is against normal battles but still, can't help but conspire to make myself feel less bad at this game.

...yeah, I'm just really REALLY terrible at this game.
That sounds quite unfortunate, but if it is of any comfort, that scarf rock slide Aerodactyl-1 is not really seen after you hit the streak of 40 and above. Meaning that the biggest speed stat hax threat is not present.

But one has to get there first; though I'm sure you can do it - don't give up!

Any TR users have any experiences with enemy Mega Camerupt? While waiting for my Mawilite it occurred to me that I can potentially have some extremely bad encounters with this fellow. I haven't met a single one in 230 battles and with Araquanid in my lineup I have a fairly reliable answer to it, particularly the set without Ancientpower. Mawile on the other hand is easily outsped and can't possibly OHKO with Crunch. If it shows up while TR is in play, I'm in for it; if it shows up without TR but alongside something like Shiinotic or Amoonguss, I've got a dangerous conflict of interest. I'm interested in anyone's input as most of these TR teams have shared numerous similarities.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Any TR users have any experiences with enemy Mega Camerupt? While waiting for my Mawilite it occurred to me that I can potentially have some extremely bad encounters with this fellow. I haven't met a single one in 230 battles and with Araquanid in my lineup I have a fairly reliable answer to it, particularly the set without Ancientpower. Mawile on the other hand is easily outsped and can't possibly OHKO with Crunch. If it shows up while TR is in play, I'm in for it; if it shows up without TR but alongside something like Shiinotic or Amoonguss, I've got a dangerous conflict of interest. I'm interested in anyone's input as most of these TR teams have shared numerous similarities.
I have had no real problems with it when using TR, although having Aron around to continuously lure Earth Power, and Dusclops 'outspeeding' it, helps tremendously. When it's out, it's a priority target, but I've been fortunate not to have it paired with anything too threatening, at least not when using Los Expertos.

Last evening I finally got to 87 wins in Super Singles. Before that my highest was 65 wins. I used an all-out attacking team consisting of:

Gyarados (lead) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Using this pokemon in the leading spot is almost always going to destroy at least one to one and a half of the opposing team. It's very easy to set up dragon dance thanks to intimidate. Add to this the fact that the AI is never aware that you might mega evolve and change the flying type into dark before you actually do it. This means that you can usually set up easily by mega evolving on the first turn, taking a neutral rock or resisted ice type attack and then proceed to murder things. (side note: it's very satisfying to murder Mimikyu with the aid of the mold breaker ability.)

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Head (will change this move to Fire Fang for the next attempt)

I fear electric type attacks in the battle tree more than anything. Garchomp is there to neutralize my fear. I use lum berry to counteract status moves like hypnosis and usually just spam outrage to revenge kill mons. Swords dance is there for those nasty "one pokemon left' situations and you are walled by something that you need to break through.

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower (for the accuracy at the cost of power. Usually still gets the job done)
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam (exlusively for bloom doom)
- Flash Cannon (I love stab on everything. My more elaborate argument is that it can wreck fairies and especially Mamoswine in a pinch. Mamoswine in the battle tree gives me the creeps.(

Heatran is basically a substitute for Mega Metagross in this team. It's there to complete the water-dragon-steel combo and for its useful 4 times resistances to Fairy, Bug, Steel, Ice and especially grass/ (I.E Sceptile and Contrary Serperiot)

My only gripe with this team is that both mega gyarados and Heatran have a fighting weakness, and as such I was wiped out when a sceptile scored a critical hit on Focus Blast 3 times in a row. Any tips on how to improve my team so i can get to a 100 wins?

P. s Iv's are all perfect in case you were wondering.

Hi everyone, long time no see. I'm here to report a record of 204 wins in Super Doubles with Whimsicott / Tapu Lele / Mega Blastoise / Kartana. (Credit for the team idea goes to Call_Me_Charlie.)

The team is sub-optimal, but I just wanted to sink my teeth into the Tree and get 200 wins.

Whimsicott (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Level: 1
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Helping Hand
- Endeavor
- Protect

Whimsicott is guaranteed to set up Tailwind, thanks to its Prankster and Tapu Lele's Psychic Surge. If it manages to survive, it can attempt to weaken an opposing Pokemon with Endeavor or help its partner out with Helping Hand. Protect gives it some breathing room, allowing Tapu Lele to get in a free shot and conserve Tailwind turns. Ideally, Whimsicott is meant to draw away attacks since it's level 1; however, as others have noted, the "bait" strategy isn't as effective in the Tree. It doesn't help that Tapu Lele has mediocre defensive stats and multiple weaknesses.

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: Hyper Trained
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Everyone knows what this lovely lady does: she protects the party from priority attacks with Psychic Surge while nuking opponents with her double-STAB Psychic attacks. Shattered Psyche is utterly ridiculous; it even has a 75% chance to OHKO Regigigas1, and an 81.3% chance of OHKOing Zapdos3. (These OHKOs are guaranteed with a Modest nature.) Shadow Ball is a filler move that was meant for Mega Metagross, but I never used it.

The EV spread is a crappy 252/252/4 spread since I wanted Lele to be fairly fast without Tailwind, and I didn't feel that moving EVs from Special Attack to survive situational moves was worth it. (I still should have moved 8 SpA EVs into Defense and Special Defense to get an extra stat point, though.) Ideally, Lele should be Modest due to Tailwind, but I only had a Timid one on hand.

Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish -> Mega Launcher
EVs: 20 HP / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

The same Blastoise I used in the Maison. Even with the opposing Megas, Mega Blastoise is still a nuke capable of OHKOing or 2HKOing a lot of the Tree. The only change I made was to replace Ice Beam with Dark Pulse to help my matchup against TR-oriented teams and to help cover Lele's Ghost weakness. Surprisingly, I didn't miss Ice Beam since Lele already destroys Dragons with Moonblast, and Kartana does a decent job handling Grass-types.

The EVs were recycled from the Maison: max Speed allows Blastoise to outspeed the Tree after a Tailwind, the Special Attack EVs allow it to OHKO Hydreigon4 with Aura Sphere, and the HP EVs allow it to survive Grass attacks from Ludicolo4 and Leafeon4. Shifting 8 EVs into the defenses for an extra stat point isn't an option, since it would cause Blastoise to miss out on offensive or defensive benchmarks.

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
IVs: Hyper Trained
Naughty Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- X-Scissor

The main change from Call_Me_Charlie's team. I didn't like Marowak-A, so I looked to Kartana. CMC was worried about Xenophon, so I ran some calcs with X-Scissor and determined that the matchup was salvageable.

Kartana is an excellent Tailwind sweeper. It's the fast, powerful Steel-type I always wished I had in past facilities, and doesn't use up a Mega slot! Even with its terrible HP, Kartana is still a decent physical wall due to its high Defense and solid defensive typing, so it's not just a glass cannon. The STAB moves are self-explanatory, and Sacred Sword helps Kartana break through Steel-types. X-Scissor was added in to help my matchup against Grass-types; with a Life Orb, Kartana can OHKO Pokemon such as Tsareena3 and Rotom-C. The lack of Protect was a slight nuisance; if you're going to use this team yourself, I'd consider running Protect over Sacred Sword since Blastoise has a solid matchup against Steel-types.

I gave Kartana a generic defensive spread, since it outruns the Tree after Tailwind with just 4 Speed EVs. However, it may be better to go for a faster spread so that Kartana can hold its own outside of Tailwind and avoid awkward Speed ties with Blastoise. Kartana has a Naughty nature since I got it over the GTS and didn't feel like hunting for a better nature; ideally, it should be Adamant. Thankfully, the SpDef drop didn't really matter since Kartana has terrible Special Defense anyway.

The team is fairly simple to use. The basic play is to simply Protect with Tapu Lele on turn 1 while Whimsicott sets up Tailwind, then go all-out over the next three turns.

However, the opening duo is versatile. If Lele outspeeds one of the opposing leads, you can simply Protect with Whimsicott and have Lele nuke an opposing lead, which allows you to draw an attack away with Whimsicott and give yourself some more breathing room. Alternately, you can have Lele nuke a lead and have Whimsicott bring the other lead to 1 HP with Endeavor; however, you shouldn't do this if the other Pokemon can status Whimsicott, since you may miss out on Tailwind. Don't be afraid to use Shattered Psyche on Turn 1; you should conserve it whenever possible, but it's acceptable to get rid of a troublesome Pokemon or to take the lead. Also, don't be cute and try to Protect with Whimsicott after setting up Tailwind; it's dead weight under Tailwind since it can't actually KO any Pokemon on its own, so it's acceptable to sacrifice it. You can switch it out for Kartana if necessary, but don't switch Blastoise in since its Water Spout will be weakened if it's hit by an attack.

Once Whimsicott faints, Blastoise should generally be the go-to sweeper, since it can Mega Evolve safely and has a powerful spread attack. Kartana is more of a niche Pokemon, and should primarily be brought in against bulky Water- and Grass-types and specially defensive Pokemon. However, it can be a frightening sweeper, especially once Beast Boost activates.

That's about it. You can't get as much mileage out of Taliwind in Doubles as in Triples, especially since Whimsicott can't KO any Pokemon, so you need to play as aggressively as possible while avoiding unnecessary risks.

Poison- and Steel-types are a nuisance, since they'll ignore Whimsicott and go for Lele. The listed Pokemon are the worst offenders: Muk-2 (formerly Muk-4) can OHKO Lele before it can move with Quick Claw Gunk Shot, Heatran-1 has a Focus Sash and Heatran-4 outspeeds Lele before Tailwind, and Mega Mawile is a nuke that can take a Shattered Psyche.

These jerks will happily ignore Whimsicott and paralyze Lele with Thunder Wave, while Lele can't OHKO them in return. This applies to other status users, but the lake trio are the worst offenders due to their Psychic resistance and bulk.

Since I'm basically using a 3-Pokemon team, a timely Quick Claw activation can screw me over. Thankfully, Donphan-4 is no longer with us, but Pokemon such as Lickilicky-3 and Leafeon-4 can still give me headaches. And of course, there's always the aforementioned Muk-2.

In battle 190, Dexio's Braviary-4 ignored Whimsicott and set up Tailwind on turn 1, nullifying my Speed advantage. I'm not sure if this applies to other Tailwind users, but it's something to watch out for.

Surprisingly, sun is the most troublesome weather condition. It weakens Blastoise's Water Spout, and is often accompanied by Fire-types that nuke Kartana. Thankfully, Tailwind helps against Chlorophyll sweepers.

Battle #205 - VS Preschooler Victor (Goodra, Salamence, Kommo-o, Mega Metagross)

Goodra is a pain, since it's a specially bulky Dragon. After sacrificing Whimsicott, I went for Kartana, when I should have went for Blastoise instead. I took out Goodra with a Shattered Psyche and Smart Strike, allowing Salamence to KO Kartana with Fire Blast. (This is where Protect would have come in handy, as I could have had Kartana draw away Fire Blasts while Lele weakened Goodra, then clean up on the next turn.) I sent in Blastoise, while Victor sent in Mega Metagross. Victor surprised me by using Protect with Salamence (which made it Salamence-3; admittedly, I should have known this since it didn't Mega Evolve), which allowed Mega Metagross to KO Lele with Meteor Mash and sealed my fate. Blastoise tried its best, but it couldn't stand up to Salamence and Kommo-o outside of Tailwind.

And yes, losing to a Preschooler with three Dragon-types while using Lele was embarrassing.

Closing Thoughts

The team was fun, but it was too fragile for my tastes. Tapu Lele, Mega Blastoise, and Kartana were excellent sweepers, and all of them could bypass evasion with one of their moves. However, Whimsicott was dead weight after setting up Tailwind, and the bait strategy didn't work as well as I hoped since my opponents would go after Lele even if they couldn't KO it with a critical hit. Still, I managed to get over 200 wins despite running a sub-optimal version of the team, and learned a lot about the Tree in the process. Next, I think I'll try out a variant of Josh C.'s Lele/Sharpedo team; maybe I'll use Landorus-T for Intimidate alongside a fast backup like Kartana, or use Celesteela as a backup due to its Ground immunity and Wide Guard. I've also been thinking of running a TR team with Oranguru / Aron / Tapu Fini / something else, as Tapu Fini is reasonably slow and provides Misty Terrain. I'd have to RNG a Quiet Fini first, though.

Thanks to Call_Me_Charlie for the team idea, and NoCheese for maintaining the thread. Good luck with your streaks, everyone!

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm here to report a 91 win streak in Singles. Honestly I'm feeling kinda bittersweet about it because my loss was a really stupid mistake, but I might as well post. I'm sure this team can go much further so I'll be back at it again later after I get off tilt.

Here's the team:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Psychic

Scarf Tapu Lele outspeeds and beats out most leads. I use dual STAB to max out the damage depending on whom I'm up against. Moonblast for Darks obviously. I replaced Focus Blast for Toxic which has come in handy against certain Pokemon who boost, like Slowbro and Regigigas (especially annoying for Evasion ones). It is Choice Scarf, but after using the Toxic I switch into Ferrothorn and stall from there. The great part is that it baits out Steel and Poison moves which Ferrothorn can easily switch in on.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb
- Gyro Ball

This is the main Pokemon of the team, it can come in on things that Tapu Lele can't OHKO and can usually stall them all out. Colress' Metagross gave all my previous teams trouble but this beats all variants; once it gets Leech Seed you can stall out with Protect. With patience you'll eventually take down most defensive Pokemon. Leech Seed misses are really annoying though, that has happened a few times. Although ironically I've never lost because of it, I lost because of other stupid shit that I did. But that's a concern to have.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake

The big backup of the team, switches in on Thunder Waves and such. I chose to use Focus Sash over Devastating Drake for the insurance, I needed a surefire counter to Charizards and Volcaronas and stuff since they can set up on Ferrothorn pretty easily. Rock Tomb is honestly just because I had this Garchomp for Battle Spot and I don't have the Rock Slide or Stone Edge TMs. I might use Rock Slide over Rock Tomb, not sure. The Speed drop hasn't come in handy yet but the power difference also hasn't been an issue yet either so I don't know. Similarly, Outrage lock hasn't hurt me yet either but I haven't really gotten that far in the grand scheme of things. Again though this is a Battle Spot set so I'd rather not change it up much, haha.

Overall threats to the team are mainly Steel-types. If Steelix gets a turn to set up, it'll use Curse which makes it very hard to take down. Can't stall quickly enough with Ferrothorn and can't 2HKO with Garchomp without getting taken out myself. Fortunately sometimes the AI is very dumb and will use stuff like Sandstorm which gives me a free turn.

Bronzong and Skarmory are kind of a hassle to take down, but Ferrothorn Leech Seed means you eventually win, just have to watch out for Spikes and Stealth Rock and Whirlwind, which will wear down the team during the stalling and break Garchomp's sash. Bronzong is quite weak and sometimes even blows itself up, so. Regigigas can be annoying with the Confuse Ray and stuff. Cobalion is a bit of an issue too, Ferrothorn is 2HKOd and it outspeeds Garchomp so I cannot switch in. I haven't fought many Cobalions yet but they are still quite beatable, I just have to play it carefully. Which I didn't as you'll see below.

The loss:

3PRW-WWWW-WWW5-RR3B

Honestly I wish this loss was interesting. I would've even accepted being haxed out because at least that wouldn't be my fault. All there is to say is that I got distracted and didn't think my move through. I switched in Ferrothorn for Garchomp assuming Cobalion would Iron Head, but obviously I didn't understand the AI, it would of course use the strongest move, Close Combat. It only used Iron Head in the beginning because Tapu Lele was in. I'm pretty sure Ferrothorn would have been able to take out Latios so yeah, it was really stupid.

I'm gonna use the team again soon so hopefully I can get a bit higher next time around; my loss was a stupid mistake and I should have won it, so I am still pretty confident with this team so far. But if anyone has suggestions I'm open to them of course.

I'm doing ok in Doubles and Multi too so maybe I'll try to get on the leaderboard for those before trying to enhance my singles streak. I'm really enjoying the tree though (well, in kind of a Stockholm Syndrome kinda way) so hopefully I can post more here when I get more experience with it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it!

... match 49. Super Multi Battles. Things were going well, with AI Cynthia as my partner despite some hiccups. Weakness Policy Lucario in the lead with my Sash Nihilego (Grass Knot/Power Gem/Thunderbolt/Sludge Wave) as a partner, then Ass vest Celesteela (Flamethrower/Heavy Slam/Giga Drain/EQ) in the rear with Scarf Garchomp to help out. We went up through the ranks, wrecked some teams, beat back Grimsley THREE TIMES and plowed through Dexio and Guzma on match 40. Things were looking pretty good...

JGMW-WWWW-WWW5-RSE4

Here's the loss, so close to the finish line. My train of logic was simple: Lucario struggled to kill bulky mons even when Aura Sphere was SE, so I focused on Empoleon, and later Regirock to help Lucario out. At first, it was going well, with Empoleon dying to Lucario...

And then, the AI decides to rob me of victory and end my streak via stupidity, TWICE. Cynthia could have salvaged it with Outrage... but instead, EQ, and Celesteela couldn't break through Eelektross on her own. It was a sad, pathetic loss that was completely out of my control, and there was nothing I could do to salvage it.

This is the furthest I've ever gotten in Super Multi, or even the entire Battle Tree, and it pisses me off knowing I'll be hard pressed to ever get that far again.

Ok I am damn determined to get this Greninja team working. Furthest I have got so far is 66 with Ninja, Mence, and Slash. While that team is good I don't have a ton of fun playing it.

This is what I am currently trying:

Ninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
252 Speed / 252 SpAtk
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse
- Surf

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
252 HP / 36 SpDef / 222 Def
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Jolly
252 Speed / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Just started with this team and so far seems solid. Any suggestions or changes to this?

Basically Ninja and Pex would bait out Electric moves for chomp, Pex resists everything that chomp is weak to pretty much.

I also think Pex is a viable switch in to Red's Zard lead. He should be able to handle Zard Y without a problem, and Zard X could take a hit and Toxic I imagine, then stall out? Not sure, as I haven't done the math yet.

Hey y'all, look what I made:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...jIy3OYCozo1kvrHC8Er3ddXJvw/edit#gid=593914963

Now you can search up a Battle Tree trainer by name and it will show you full detail about his/her roster. The only info missing is Trainer Class (not that important) and IVs- which for now, there is a field for you to guess a value.

Thanks to TRE. This was built off of his spreadsheet. For some missing formes (like Landorus and Gourgeist), I just assumed the default.

NoCheese Edit: Since it's kind of hidden, scroll right on the spreadsheet to see how to use it. You'll need to download it or save a copy.

I've finally gotten around to creating an account. Just wanted to say thanks for this spreadsheet - its been super helpful with the tree. I also want to suggest a change to make it a bit easier to use. I wrote a quick script to alphabetize the Team column on the Tree Trainers tab. This means that when you look up a trainer on the main tab, it populates the list in alphabetical order. So if you see a Carbink, you don't have to scour 50+ unsorted pokemon to figure out if Hashim only has Carbink-3, or if theres a Carbink-4 hiding somewhere in the list.

Here's what my copy of the sheet looks like now - feel free to grab the alphabetized teams for the original spreadsheet or make a copy of mine for personal use. I didn't do the Battle Royal teams because meh Battle Royal...though I could run it through the script if anyone wants that. Battle Royal is also alphabetized now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16i0_g5h24TZ_Wgcv-yXJnqONGn2VZgxPPPwfhm2sDh0/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
WP_20170307_14_01_50_Raw (2).jpg
Reached 94 straight wins in super singles a few days ago with the common core of Koko/MegaMence/Kartana. Hadnt played for some time but restarted again for the global mission.

Tapu Koko(Electrium Z)
Ability : Electric Surge
Nature : Timid
EVs : 252spA/252spe/4spD
-Thunderbolt
-Dazzling Gleam
-U turn
-Taunt

Was kind skeptical about taunt but turned out pretty good especially against trick room teams. Almost half of the games the Z move secured an OhKO putting the fight 3vs2 pokes.

Salamence(Salamencite)
Ability : Intimidate - Aerilate
Nature : Jolly
EVs : 252attk/252spe/4Def

-Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Roost

Not much to say on him , a true monster. Regretted not having substitute. I think it could even do better work with that.

Kartana(Focus Sash)
Ability : Beast Boost
Nature : Jolly
EVs : 252atk/252spe/4Def

-Leaf Blade
-Sacred Sword
-Smart Strike
-Psycho Cut

Like Kartana a lot. Usually ended up sweeping the entire team if entered safely in battle.

A Venusaur equipped with that speed raising berry(forgot the name) ended my streak. Forgot that he was +1 on speed resulting in killing Koko with sludge bomb for free. It wasnt that strong of a team but this dumb mistake put me in huge disadvantage.

Will try again to reach for 100 wins. Any suggestions on partners for Suicune. Used it a lot in battle maison being my favorite poke and all. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so I keep getting close to my goal of 50 wins for the stamp in Doubles and I keep failing due to stupid mistakes.

I've used Megamence, Dragonite, Mixed-Aegislash, Physical Aegislash, Tapu-Lele, and Blaziken. Mence+Nite for leads, with Aegis+Lele/Blaziken for backup.

Dragonite - Multiscale - Lum Berry
Adamant 52 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Dragon Dance - Earthquake - ExtremeSpeed - Dragon Claw

So I finally imported one of my Dragonites I bred last gen. In fact I imported two and this set has a sister with the exact same stuff except she has Outrage instead of Claw. I'm sorta missing the damage of Outrage but Claw is more reliable. Extremespeed has kinda been less useful than Fire Punch was and that bothers me a little. I'm also finding that Lum Berry isn't getting as much mileage as it did with the Outrage set.

M-Salamence - Intimidate - Salamencite.
Adamant 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPE EVs
Double Edge - Earthquake - Roost - Dragon Dance

I still haven't changed this one yet. Double Edge hits like a nuke but anything that can really threaten Salamence will probably KO her if I don't destroy it first. Largely used right at the beginning of a fight like a nuke, though the Roost allows me to survive a lot of stuff. DE+EQ still has amazing coverage against 99% of mons and I don't think any of these moves need replacing. Dragon Dance is the least used move now.

Aegislash - Stance Change - Weakness Policy
Quiet 252 HP / 4 ATK / 252 SPA EVs
Shadow Ball - Flash Cannon - Shadow Sneak - King's Shield

Weakness Policy allows this mon to take down a lot with the amazing coverage. Shadow Sneak doesn't do a lot due to Psychic Terrain except when it does a lot. Aegislash has a really good typing and switching in to anything bad for the leads is basically free for him, except for that one time I switched him in on a mon that was spamming Shadow Ball at Salamence because I'm an idiot.

Aegislash - Stance Change - Leftovers
Adamant 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF EVs
Iron Head - Swords Dance - Shadow Sneak - King's Shield

I have a physical Aegislash in reserve because why not? It's mostly for singles, where it can easily set up to +6 on a good matchup. Leftovers makes it pretty strong, especially against mons that decide to go with Grass Surge as well. Already have a double-physical lead in doubles though and setting up is hard.

Tapu Lele - Psychic Surge - Psychicium-Z
Modest 4 HP / 252 SPA / 252 SPE EVs
Focus Blast - Psychic - Thunderbolt - Moonblast

Do you need anything other than Psychic for this mon, really? I mean, that thing hits like a nuke even before the Z. Thunderbolt is largely for two big threats, Gyrados and Pelipper. Focus Blast has been surprisingly useful at beating stalling Steelix. But the other two moves are what make this mon, with the Z power being a nuke on anything. She's in a weird speed tier and basically I need to destroy both mons in the same turn for her to really be able to destroy stuff.

Blaziken - Speed Boost - Life Orb
Adamant 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPE EVs
Protect - Baton Pass - Flare Blitz - Low Kick

I used this for a few runs due to the ability to switch in. Baton Pass was never really useful, except that it could get a +2 speed Salamence in for sweeping if I needed it. Nor was Swords Dance, as there never seems to be a turn to set up for any mon on this team except for Dragonite due to his bulk/berry. This had a surprisingly decent synergy but ultimately it just lacked something it needed to be effective.

I feel like this team or some combination of it should be able to get to 50. But I've lost at least three streaks in the 40s due to issues. Sometimes it's due to a double-outspeed and Frostlass' Blizzard getting a double KO. Sometimes it has been due to getting KO'd early and then being stuck in a bad matchup for Leleslash (Dark types).
And one time it happened because I wanted to use Psychicium-Z but instead my fingers used Psychic on Dragonite and double-KO'd myself instead of winning.

At this point I'm half-tempted to throw out the entire team and use something new. Pheromosa is one idea. I'm also considering Charizard-Y and a Sun Team. I just want to get the stamp at this point. Also, I'm not 100% sure if Dragonite's Lum Berry is working out and wonder what could replace it.

Lost at battle #402 vs Benji with Rotom-M-3, Garchomp-3, Tyranitar-2. Original write up here; just the team:

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Level: 50
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 60 SpD / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rock Tomb
- Confide

With Jolly, 228 Spe and Choice Scarf it hits 231 speed stat, which is enough to outspeed everything but Terrakion-2, Entei-3, Garchomp-3 and Manectric-4, the rest of the EVs aren't optimal and need some kind of fine tuning (at least I should change them to something like 196 HP, 84 SpD, 228 Spe so Download users won't get the SpA boost). Earthquake is for KOing some scary stuff I can't really setup Mence on and the other 3 moves are straight up support, so I can get Mence in a situation to fully setup. Knock Off really comes in handy vs. opposing Pokémon who carry Life Orb or Choice items, because they lose power/speed and won't kill themselves anymore with LO or won't switchout when out of PP with Choice item. Rock Tomb is to drop the speed, so Mence can substitute before it has to tank a move, which is important so I won't get untimely critted and can avoid attacks and secondary effects, which could cripple Mence or fuck me up otherwise (Rock Slides flinches, Tbolts paras, Psychic and Shadow Balls SpD drops, Swaggers, and other moves). Confide does a really good job in allowing Mence to setup on a lot of special attackers. And together with Landos high speed and Choice Scarf it basically means that Landorus has never take a hit at full damage, if I don't want it to, since Intimidate lowers the opponents attack and I can lower the SpA with Confide, which is nice.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 4 SpA / 20 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic
- Recover

12 Spe to hit 57 speed stat, which is an empty speed tier. The rest is just to have a lot of physical defense. Had a more special defense based Toxapex before, but since it needs to tank a lot of strong physical moves like Head Smash, Stone Edge, Outrage and Explosion I went with this more physical defense based approach. Attacks are pretty standard too and it does its role really good, which is Toxic stalling stuff Mence can't setup on or PP stalling things like boost moves or strong attacks, so Mence can later come in and setup himself. EVs could use some fine tuning too btw, like maybe going for 61 speed stat, so it is faster then Hippowdon-4, Rhyperior-3, Gastrodon-4 and Exeguttor-A-2 and distributing a few more EVs in SpD.

->

Salamence @ Salamencite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 44 Def / 164 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

The best Mon to use in Battle Tree Singles IMO. It has great bulk, speed, attack, typing, ability, movepool... it's pretty ridiculous. And if you can setup to +6 you won't need more then Adamant 4 EVs and Frustration. It can OHKO everyhthing but ~50 sets, only 12 sets can't get 2HKOd and 6 of the 12 are some Set-1 or Set-2 Mons. No need for Earthquake or more offensive EVs at all. 44 Speed EVs to outspeed base 80 with positive speed nature and 252 EVs (like Blaziken-3, Gardevoir-3, Glalie-3, Medicham-3, Togekiss-3). It speedties with Gyarados-34, but that don't matter since I Toxic stall them anyways. Used 244 HP EVs so I can Substitute 4 times and still have 1 HP and because I had 8 EVs to give out in the end I dumped them into HP to make it max. For the defensive EVs I'll just show a bunch of damage calcs for you to get an overall idea on what Mence can set up on, highlighting some more important benchmarks.
Changed the EVs from Landorus to 196 HP, 84 SpD, 228 Spe, which came in handy in battles #264 and #270, since Porygon got only Atk boost in this games, which made them much easier, everything else was unchanged.

Kicking myself a bit, because I lost due to several dumb missplays I made and not to a bad matchup and bad luck... Battle Video from battle #402: 3GKW-WWWW-WWW5-THEF.
I should have used Confide T1 to either tank the Z-Move or the WoW from Rotom, but I instantly switched to Toxapex to tank the Z-Move, but it used WoW. So now Rotom could either use the Z-Move or Volt Switch I didn't want to take the gamble and switch to Lando or Mence, since if it used the wrong move it could have fucked me up (Z-Move could KO Lando, Volt Switch does decent amount of damage to Mence), so I stayed in and used Recover. It Volt Switched out to Garchomp, which was fine, 'cause I could just switch Lando into the Earthquake. Since it didn't mega evolve I knew it was the scarfed set, so it would switch out after I switched to Lando. So now I could EQ to hit anything but Rotom-M or Flygon-4 on the switch, or Confide in case he switches to Rotom-M again. I decided Rotom-M was the bigger threat, so I used Confide, while he switched to Tyranitar... I instantly switched to Toxapex, while it didn't mega evolve and used Dragon Dance. Since I couldn't just stay in a possible +1 EQ from Ttar-3 with Toxa, I switched back to Lando, but it DD'd again. And since I couldn't stay in a possible -1 Ice Beam from Ttar-2, I switched back to Toxa, and it DD'd again. At this point I thought I was royally fucked, but it DD'd again and I could Haze. Then I used Scald to get it in EQ KO range and it got burned, so I just stalled it to death with Toxa. And as it turned out, it was Ttar-2 without EQ and with IB. It switched to Garchomp again, so I switched to Lando. So I used Confide in the switchin to Rotom and switched to Toxa to finally tank the Z-Move. Then I somehow thought, I just need to kill Rotom-Mow, need to get Chomp locked into EQ and I win, so I switched back to Lando to slowly get it in KO range from Frustration from Mence. But after Lando was already dead and I have to decide which Pokémon I get in, I realized, that Chomp would just lock itself into Outrage and I lose when it gets like 1 critical hit or 2. So I got Toxa in, let it Volt Switch out to Chomp, go to Mence and setup 1 DD and 1 Sub and win after that. DD on the switch from Chomp to Rotom, and Sub to tank the WoW from Rotom, but it Volt Switches out instantly to Chomp. Since Mence was only at +1, Chomp was faster and KO'd with Outrage. I succesfully stalled Chomp with Toxa, but vs Rotoms Volt Switches it had no Chance...
I should have Confided until Rotom used the Z-Move and switch stalled the PP from Rotom afterwards, or I should have used EQ the first time Chomp switched out, or I should have used Toxic on Rotom and swichstalled until it died later on, when I just needed to get rid of it and let Chomp lock itself into EQ, or I just should have DD'd a second time instead of subbing... FML

If anyone wants to try out the team, I made it public as a rental team: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/rentalteam/BT-444F-4C81
And here is my own Cheatsheet I made along the way with it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UrPBHYrhm380umaQaMxsvsRH2h7xVvKEcoyaLXLbiN8/edit#gid=7306794
Including my journey from battle 201 until my loss and on how to play a lot of different lead matchups. But it's not completed and maybe around half of the matchups are only theorymon'd and not actually tested in battle. And sometimes it depends on the trainer type on how I play a lead matchup. For example when I face this trainers, who have a lot of fast Pokémon it's most of the times safer to just get 1 DD and maybe a Sub up with Mence and then try to sweep, than just stall the lead like Crobat-4, because when you stall the lead to death with Toxapex Alakazam, Noivern or Greninja could come in next and cause some major problems.

Some more battle videos from the run (would be more, but there is a limit of 10 videos you can have public at the same time...):
Battle #294 vs Levi (Chari-Y-3, Infernape, Blaziken-3; 45 turns): AJBW-WWWW-WWW5-TK39
EQ T1 since it could have been Chari-X, switched to Toxa and sacked it so I could Confide it once while I also sacked Lando, then needed to just get up 1 DD with Mence to outspeed and setup full and sweep. Nearly lost because Air Slash got high rolls most of the time and then it crit me once when I was Roosting without a Sub, bringing me down to 3HP.

Battle #300 vs Sina (Oranguru-4, Glaceon-3, Lilligant-3; 29 turns): FG2W-WWWW-WWW5-TJT7
Was really tired and really nervous when I played that battle, since it was like 6am in the morning and
I never hit 300 wins before. Somehow failed to notice that Oranguru-4 has Foul Play, so I started setting up Mence after confiding Lando to death. When I had +2 Atk/Spe with Mence and healthy HP i killed Oranguru and Glaceon came in. I should have just switched to Toxa and stalled it with Toxic, because Glaceon-3 doesn't die to Frustration due to Focus Sash and Glaceon-4 can avoid it, but I stayed in and it was Glaceon-3 with sash and killed me. Got lucky that I just could Toxic stall the last Pokémon with Toxapex.

Battle #305 vs Samantha (Latios-M-4, Regice-3, Virizion-3; 21 turns): FK5G-WWWW-WWW5-TJSM
Had to sack Lando vs Latios and finish it off with Mence. Got lucky that she didn't have Raikou, Thundurus or Zapdos in the back and could Toxic stall the last 2 mons with Toxapex.

Battle #362 vs Mechabob (Regigigas-2, Registeel-3, Cobalion-3; 60 turns): W9FG-WWWW-WWW5-TJRY
This should have been an easy battle with just setting up Mence and sweeping, but because I am dumb I got Mence toxed so I couldn't setup (I tried but it wasn't possible). Had to PP and Toxic stall Regigigas and PP stall Registeel.

Battle #377 vs Placido (Articuno-2, Entei-1, Registeel-2; 41 turns): 7VLG-WWWW-WWW5-TJR2
My nightmare-matchup returned: Articuno-2. And this time it played completely differently then the last time at #166, it spammed Ice Beam until it was out of it, and after I switched to Toxapex I predicted a Mind Reader so I switched back to Lando and it died to said Ice Beam lol. So this time I didn't even had it at -1 SpA, but it again I got lucky by not getting unlucky and it didn't freeze or crit me and in the end I could setup Mence and sweep.

Battle #386 vs Niara (Delphox-4, Venusaur-3, Infernape-3; 10 turns): 3MJG-WWWW-WWW5-TJL8
Something funny for the end. Intimidate from Landorus used Delphox White Herb and after Rock Tombing it, it stole the Scarf from Lando with Magician lol. Because Niara only uses starter Pokémon I decided I still setup as far as possible with Mence and try to sweep, which I did.

And now back to the drawing board for me... Cya with another team. :)

Last edited:
I lost in Battle #108 with an updated version of the Trick Room team I discussed here.

Originally, I added Hariyama to the team as a lead, shifting Marowak into one of the other slots and removing Mudsdale. I made it through 50 with that team, but getting undersped by opposing TR teams and particular 'mons like Escavalier was a significant issue. I switched out Marowak for Torkoal to address that (and just to try out Torkoal) and it's made the team significantly more reliable. I lost to Wally in Battle #70 the first time through, but it was basically a fluke (Oranguru put to sleep for the entire battle by Altaria's Sing), so I went in again without making changes. The funny thing is...I thought Torkoal had been fully EV trained, but I checked after the streak ended and discovered that I'd only trained it in SpA and hadn't gotten around to doing the rest. As it almost never took any hits, this wasn't very noticeable through much of the streak, but I did notice that it fainted very easily in the losing battle. Here's the current team:
Oranguru @ Mental Herb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Instruct

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam

Vikavolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hidden Power Ice
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt

Torkoal @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Protect
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave
- Eruption

Suggestions for how to distribute Torkoal's remaining EVs would be useful. I've been meaning to re-do Oranguru's spread with more Defense investment, as recommended after my previous post, but I haven't gotten around to it. Vikavolt might benefit from the shifting of some HP EVs to SpD as well, and I may replace Torkoal's Heat Wave with Flamethrower or something (this slot barely gets used anyway).

Battle video: ZSQW-WWWW-WWW5-TMQN
I handled the situation pretty poorly. Slowking has been one of the more annoying things for me to deal with, and I half-expected it to set up TR and cancel out Oranguru's. I went for Knock Off on it instead of Fake Out (not that Knock Off would've KOed anyway, so pretty nonsensical really) and the battle was a mess from there. After Hariyama was down, full EVs in Torkoal and/or more SpD investment in Vikavolt might've allowed me to pull it out, but I'm not sure. Overall, it definitely could've been avoided. Edit: Targeting Tentacruel instead of Slowking with the first Thunderbolt was also a very dumb, probably fatal mistake.

Last edited:
What are arguably the best Pokémon to use in order to grind out a heavy volume of BP for the Global Mission? Is there a particular team that someone can recommend?

What are arguably the best Pokémon to use in order to grind out a heavy volume of BP for the Global Mission? Is there a particular team that someone can recommend?
The goal is already achieved, so earning 3 BP will net you full rewards. That being said, a really fast singles/doubles team that will get you to a 50 win streak. For doubles, look at the phero/lele teams on the record board. For singles, I've been using a sashed garchomp to SD and +2 Outrage to victory. It gets me to 30ish and then loses for the bottle cap farm. Probably better to have a slightly better team that gets to 50 and gets the bonus BP from there.

A Singles team that can get you around battle 100 or so would be a team consisting of
Garchomp, Fini and M-Scizor.
Look at some of the records of a team like this on the first page for some set/EV ideas.
As for doubles, which goes by a lot faster, as there is less set up involved, would be a team of
Lele and Sash Pheromasa with M-Mence and Aegi in the back.
This is also a team which has multiple records in the top of the rankings, see first page for some set/EV ideas.
As for multi's, don't bother for a big grind, singles and doubles are much faster for getting big BP rewards.
Hope this helps!

Hey guys, anyone know if there's any "change" between prior-40-wins and after 40+? Apart from NPCs having legendary-mons.
Something like scarfed Aerodactyl (as in the maison).

Aaand what about the Battle Royale, does it deserve it's own record? (I don't think so, but it could be funny)

Random thoughts:
- Bright powder Magnezon is pain.
- QR Code rentals are awesome and we need more BT Teams' codes
- 150% disappointed for the lack of Houndoom's mega stone, I wanted to kick some asses in Multi with him (as i did in the maison). Chary-Y + M-Houndoom ...
Hopefully we will get it soon or later (the stone).
- 350% disappointed and sad for triple and rotations

- Global Mission steamrolled.
"No one is playing in the tower/frontier/maison/thing anymore" [Cit. Trollfreak after non-relasing the BF in ORAS]

Last edited:
Hey guys, anyone know if there's any "change" between prior-40-wins and after 40+? Apart from NPCs having legendary-mons.
Something like scarfed Aerodactyl (as in the maison).
Heya! Yeah, once hitting the streak of over 40, the opponents mainly won't use any -1 or -2 sets, but purely -3 and -4 sets, with the exception of legendaries and weather-inducing mons. Aerodactyl-1 is the one that is scarfed and reaches the speed of 300, making it the fastest mon in the Tree, but it doesn't appear later on due to being a -1 set.

Generally, all mons have four sets. You can read about them all through the links in the OP of this thread that lead to various spreadsheets :)

The set 1-2 specialists are not just limited to weather users; those trainers will also use all sets for weather-activated abilities such as Swift Swim.

There are still Eeveelution trainers and of course the Trick Room users which have pretty different pokemon assortments depending on the trainer class (Scientists, Breeders and Hikers that I've found.)

- Global Mission steamrolled.
"No one is playing in the tower/frontier/maison/thing anymore" [Cit. Trollfreak after non-relasing the BF in ORAS]
While there are and always will be fans of the battle facilities I am almost positive this mission was destroyed because of cheating. People edit their saves already, and I refuse to believe that those players were not editing their streaks to battle 49, stomping Red or Blue's face into the ground, saving and forfeiting, then editing their streak back to 49 and repeating ad nauseum.

I think we could have gotten the milestones legitimately before the time was up, but I don't accept this score as legitimate. I'm not annoyed, mind you, but that was waaaaaaay too fast for the amount of difficulty our average players have in this sidequest.

Last edited:
While there are and always will be fans of the battle facilities I am almost positive this mission was destroyed because of cheating. People edit their saves already, and I refuse to believe that those players were not editing their streaks to battle 49, stomping Red or Blue's face into the ground, saving and forfeiting, then editing their streak back to 49 and repeating ad nauseum.

I think we could have gotten the milestones legitimately before the time was up, but I don't accept this score as legitimate. I'm not annoyed, mind you, but that was waaaaaaay too fast for the amount of difficulty our average players have in this sidequest.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I've added about 2600 BP to it through a few streaks past 50. Only 5,000 people would need to have matched that to reach our current total. I don't know if that many have hit 2500+, but plenty of people contributed smaller amounts and a few have probably run up much bigger totals legitimately. The pace at the beginning did seem a little ridiculous, though.

It's that beginning speed that made me call bullshit. We hit a million in only a day.

Unlike the other global missions this was also the first one that was feasibly abusable by hacking, though I say that under the assumption that things like gts trades only registered when the server recorded the transaction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)