Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
something strange happened to me last game, unfortunately i forgot to save the game. i think it's just a small bug.

1-i sent alakazam on the battlefield, i did not megaevolve him
2- i took a 90% hit
3-i switched and kept fighting with other pokemon.
4-i sent zoroark ont the battle field, he changed into alakazam( he didnt fight before, he was full life)
5 he fainted, i noticed at this moment that alakazam was now full life o_O
6- i finally sent my alakazam on the batlefield
7- He was indeed full life.
8- i still lost the game. :D

it's not a big deal, but i think something can be exploited there, so.. i report that one.

Have a good day.

If Imposter procs, why is the opponent's moveset not revealed on highlight? Is it still an info leak? I'm not sure if this is a bug or an oversight. Thanks!

hello,
something strange happened to me last game, unfortunately i forgot to save the game. i think it's just a small bug.

1-i sent alakazam on the battlefield, i did not megaevolve him
2- i took a 90% hit
3-i switched and kept fighting with other pokemon.
4-i sent zoroark ont the battle field, he changed into alakazam( he didnt fight before, he was full life)
5 he fainted, i noticed at this moment that alakazam was now full life o_O
6- i finally sent my alakazam on the batlefield
7- He was indeed full life.
8- i still lost the game. :D

it's not a big deal, but i think something can be exploited there, so.. i report that one.

Have a good day.
Hey, I couldn't exactly replicate your bug. I did the best I can.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-683333268

I know the bug for Tournaments is well known where it will substitute a team from teambuilder into your slot automatically, and that's of minimal concern. HOWEVER, today I used it made SURE I had no other teams available for the format AND clicked on the team I wanted to use just to be sure, and still there was a substitution from teambuilder from a completely different format when I went to start up the game. I really think this is a bug most people would like to see patched.

Forgot to screenshot or save the log, but Transform is bugged in Gen 1. It should copy all stats (except HP), but at the moment it doesn't copy the opponent's stats. The damage dealt when I attacked and hovering to see my stats confirmed that I still had the original stats even after I used Transform.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Forgot to screenshot or save the log, but Transform is bugged in Gen 1. It should copy all stats (except HP), but at the moment it doesn't copy the opponent's stats. The damage dealt when I attacked and hovering to see my stats confirmed that I still had the original stats even after I used Transform.
Transform does copy the stats, but there's no point on cart where the stats display the ones of the opponent. So to replicate the behavior of how Transform works on cart, you are only shown your own stats pre-transform.

Transform does copy the stats, but there's no point on cart where the stats display the ones of the opponent. So to replicate the behavior of how Transform works on cart, you are only shown your own stats pre-transform.
In case I wasn't clear enough the first time, here is a replay showing the issue I described: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-683764000

Tauros Body Slam vs. Ditto: 142-168 (47.4 - 56.1%)
Ditto Body Slam vs. Tauros: 62-73 (17.5 - 20.6%)
Tauros Body Slam vs. 299 HP Transformed Tauros: 95-112 (31.7 - 37.4%)

So I was playing a battle, and anchor shot didn't work on a Giratina-origin. I mean, it did damage, but it did not stop it from switching out when I used Phantom Force. The battle transcript is here:
Turn 20
The opposing Miltank used Milk Drink!
The opposing Miltank restored its HP.
Dhelmise used Switcheroo!
Dhelmise switched items with its target!
The opposing Miltank obtained one Choice Band.
Dhelmise obtained one Leftovers.
Turn 21
Captain_Seba withdrew Miltank!
Captain_Seba sent out Giratina (Giratina-Origin)!
Dhelmise used Anchor Shot!
The opposing Giratina lost 30% of its health!
Turn 22
The opposing Giratina used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
Dhelmise lost 88.3% of its health!
Dhelmise used Phantom Force!
Dhelmise vanished instantly!
Dhelmise restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 23
Captain_Seba withdrew Giratina (Giratina-Origin)!
Captain_Seba sent out Miltank!
It doesn't affect the opposing Miltank...

PS: This cost me the battle! Grrrrrr

So I was playing a battle, and anchor shot didn't work on a Giratina-origin. I mean, it did damage, but it did not stop it from switching out when I used Phantom Force. The battle transcript is here:
Turn 20
The opposing Miltank used Milk Drink!
The opposing Miltank restored its HP.
Dhelmise used Switcheroo!
Dhelmise switched items with its target!
The opposing Miltank obtained one Choice Band.
Dhelmise obtained one Leftovers.
Turn 21
Captain_Seba withdrew Miltank!
Captain_Seba sent out Giratina (Giratina-Origin)!
Dhelmise used Anchor Shot!
The opposing Giratina lost 30% of its health!
Turn 22
The opposing Giratina used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
Dhelmise lost 88.3% of its health!
Dhelmise vanished instantly!
Turn 23
Captain_Seba withdrew Giratina (Giratina-Origin)!
Captain_Seba sent out Miltank!
It doesn't affect the opposing Miltank...

PS: This cost me the battle! Grrrrrr
Ghost types are immune to any sort of trapping.

I was making a Gen 5 GBU singles team with Druddigon.
Druddigons moveset consists of Outrage, Fire Fang, Sucker Punch and Glare.
The validation button says Druddigon can't learn Glare, Fire Fang and Sucker Punch.

I think that a properly bred Arbok can learn these three moves and pass them on as a father in Gen 5.
Sucker Punch can be learned by breeding Arbok with the Rattata family, the Diglett family, the Sentret family, the Poochyena family, Mawile, Spinda, Kecleon, Absol, Glameow or the Purrloin family.
The obtained male Ekans can then learn Glare at level 12.
This Ekans is then evolved into Arbok which can learn Fire Fang via move relearner (level 1 move).
This Arbok can then breed with a female Druddigon to pass these moves onto Druddigon.

If I'm mistaken, please let me know where my fault in this argumentation is.

Attachments

Red/Blue Missingno is Bird / Normal type. I assume since "Bird" isn't really a well-defined type, Revelation Dance didn't change for that reason.
Can you confirm if it's really okay not to change the type? at least with recover it has changed, but even so, if you can check this,please.... Thank you very much in advance!

Missingno did not change his type when he used revelation dance, even though he had protean.
Red/Blue Missingno is Bird / Normal type. I assume since "Bird" isn't really a well-defined type, Revelation Dance didn't change for that reason.
According to the PS source, Bird type changes into typeless when Revelation Dance is used, and Protean doesn't change type for typeless moves such as Struggle.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
What does that mean?
PS defaults to making a move like Revelation Dance take Bird-type as typeless instead of Bird-type, which makes the resulting Revelation Dance typeless. Since Bird-type doesn't exist in a generation with Revelation Dance and vice versa there's no way to prove that this is not how it would work on cart.

Protean normally changes the Pokemon's type to the type of the used move, but does not activate if the used move is typeless (such as Struggle or in this case "Bird-Type" Revelation Dance).

The only reason that this would have any cause to be implemented purely for kicks would be if you could show that on cart Bird-type moves receive a STAB boost, and unless I'm very mistaken there's not any glitch moves in Gen I that are Bird-type to allow this to be tested.

Since Bird-type offensively behaves identically to typeless (neutral on everything) I don't think a change is really necessary - we'd be making up the interaction either way.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
also, reflect has the opponent do the tiniest amount less of damage to you

0 Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect through Reflect: 71-84 (25 - 29.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

0 Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. +2 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 72-85 (25.4 - 30%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
This is correct.

This is a semi accurate, readable version of the damage formula. To make things simple, let's set level to 100, power to 100, and both attack and defense to 100, along with saying the move is STAB for a 1.5x multiplier and ignoring the damage variance because while it does have an effect, it's not necessary to make the point as long as we're looking at max damage only.

When doing it like this, we end up with {[(42)*100*(1)]/50}=84+2=86*1.5=129.

When doubling defense, we end up with {[(42)*100*(1/2)]/50}=42+2=44*1.5=66.

When adding to the modifier a *0.5 (for reflect), we end up with {[(42)*100*(1)]/50}=84+2=86*1.5*0.5=64.5 floors to 64.

In short, that +2 in the formula makes the Modifier slightly stronger than any changes to Attack, Defense, Power, or Level.

Last edited:

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
This is correct.

This is the damage formula. To make things simple, let's set level to 100, power to 100, and both attack and defense to 100, along with saying the move is STAB for a 1.5x multiplier and ignoring the damage variance - just going with the max roll.

When doing it like this, we end up with {[(42)*100*(1)]/50}=84+2=86*1.5=129.

When doubling defense, we end up with {[(42)*100*(1/2)]/50}=42+2=44*1.5=66.

When adding to the modifier a *0.5 (for reflect), we end up with {[(42)*100*(1)]/50}=84+2=86*1.5*0.5=64.5 floors to 64.

In short, that +2 in the formula makes the Modifier slightly stronger than any changes to Attack, Defense, Power, or Level.
That is absolutely not the damage formula (this is). However, the reasoning is still correct - Reflect is applied in damage calculation at a separate step than with boosts and drops. The damage calculator is accurate here.

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
That is absolutely not the damage formula (this is). However, the reasoning is still correct - Reflect is applied in damage calculation at a separate step than with boosts and drops. The damage calculator is accurate here.
Article said:
Once the main parameters are set, the general steps of the calculation are as follows:

BaseDamage = ((((2 × Level) ÷ 5 + 2) * BasePower * [Sp]Atk) ÷ [Sp]Def) ÷ 50 + 2

1. Apply the multi-target modifier
  2. Apply the weather modifier
  3. In case of a critical hit, double the value
  4. Alter with a random factor
  5. Apply STAB modifier
  6. Alter with type effectiveness
  7. Alter with user's burn
  8. Make sure damage is at least 1
  9. Apply the final modifier
Apologies for missing out on the damage being at least 1 step and for badly phrasing that we can forget about the random factor, but please take the time to read an article before instantly saying that somebody's wrong - not putting the actual code from the game does not make it not the damage formula.

Sorry, this was rude. Yes, the modifier bits is definitely poorly written since it doesn't elaborate on the flooring/rounding sections, I just like using it because it's easier that writing out round/truncate for every step. I misunderstood what you were objecting to.

The article is good reading though for anybody who's interested in the details of how exactly the damage formula works.

Last edited:

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Apologies for missing out on the damage being at least 1 step and for badly phrasing that we can forget about the random factor, but please take the time to read an article before instantly saying that somebody's wrong - not putting the actual code from the game does not make it not the damage formula.
I have read the article, many times in fact. Modifiers can't just be multiplied together in any random order (as the one you posted assumed). For example, the game rounds after the spread move modifier, but truncates after the random modifier. These steps have to be taken in a precise order, because if they aren't, rounding errors will amplify and the final damage can be off from what the game would actually have it be. For example, a spread move with STAB isn't 1.125x the base damage, but rather pokeRound(pokeRound(base damage*0.75)*1.5). Another thing to mention is that the game rounds down on 0.5 an awful lot (hence the term "pokeRound") and must be accounted for. When considering a question about damage calculation, knowing this is important.

Again, your answer is correct; it's just that the justification is wrong. No worries :P.

Sorry, forgot to introduce myself ^^".
I basically spend my time (an awful lot of time) working on the Pokémon Showdown damage calculator, and I was passing by and saw this issue, I guess I finally found something to do.

Reactions: pqs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)