Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory Mercury

lacks composure
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Posting this visual bug (I guess) for the user: Flamemaster5000.
In this battle: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randomdoublesbattle-701517907, he has a female unfezant, as you can see from this screenshot: View attachment 101055
However, its backsprite shows a male unfezant: View attachment 101056
Is this just a visual bug? Thanks in advance!
From what I can gather, it is just one of many Pokémon which lacks a backsprite for one of its alternate forms, shinies included. Quite a few other Pokémon with gender differences have only one backsprite, but go unnoticed for a lack of obvious differences.

Trivia: For some reason Meowstic-F has two backsprites but only one frontsprite: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani-back/meowstic-female.gif and https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani-back/meowstic-f.gif. The same is true for Rotom-Frost, which also has one under Rotom-F. (All Rotom formes have 2 frontsprites)

Substitute doesn't seems to be working as it should for some reason. Every time I use it, it removes 24,x amount of health, no matter if the poke's HP is an even or odd number:

substituteGlitch.jpg

DynamicPunch's confusion and Zap Cannon's Paralysis in GSC are 255/256. Not sure if this has been implemented already, and it's certainly not important, but thought I should share it anyway.

Hi there. My Guzzlord was frozen for 31 turns in a row while Encored. There may be some sort of interaction between a failed move, being frozen, and the Encore.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2018-703521397

Turn 20 - Guzzlord is already Encored into Rest, but has full health. Rest fails. That same turn, Ninetales uses Freeze-Dry and Guzzlord is frozen.
Turn 21 - Guzzlord is frozen solid but his Encore ends.
Turn 22 - Guzzlord is still frozen solid and then Ninetails uses Encore, Encoring Guzzlord into Rest once again (although that is not the move I attempted to use while still frozen)
Turn 51 - Guzzord thawed out and used Sludge Bomb

Of course, there is always that 1 in 50 sextillion chance of a 31 turn freeze so it might have been just some absurd statistical anomaly. I would be glad to help someone recreate it.

Sorry I forgot to take a screenshot or save the replay I was confused. I was playing a little cup match and I was using a yamask and had used Destiny Bond on a snobbull I knew it would make my poke feint so after 2 turn it ko's me and I send out my last Poke when it didn't feint I was lost I had used Destiny Bond it had connected and formed the bond. so is there a reason it didn't work or is this an issue/buy?

Sorry I forgot to take a screenshot or save the replay I was confused. I was playing a little cup match and I was using a yamask and had used Destiny Bond on a snobbull I knew it would make my poke feint so after 2 turn it ko's me and I send out my last Poke when it didn't feint I was lost I had used Destiny Bond it had connected and formed the bond. so is there a reason it didn't work or is this an issue/buy?
I'm not sure if I understood well, but u said it killed u after 2 turns but Destiny Bond works only for 1 turn and has a high chance to fail if used consecutively, Like i said I'm not sure if I understood what u meant so if I didn't understand well lemme know

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Destiny Bond has to be the last move you used in order for it to take your opponent down with you. And spamming Destiny Bond is no longer a thing due to mechanic changes.

I didn't spam Destiny Bond(Do people really do that? gross.) and I didn't Know it only lasted 1 turn this is the first Time I used it not even when the move first came out(:3 I am proud of my collection of every Pokemon game) till now I never heard it was one turn nor does it say that so thanks for the info I'm rearranging my team to exclude skill or Rework what I have in the slot. Once agian thanks! :3

So I have something I would like to question. When using my Tapu Fini against the opponents Noctowl, with misty terrain set up, I was able to freeze the Noctowl with ice beam. Misty terrain guards against non-volatile status conditions and I thought freeze was one of those? Is this a bug or is there some weird mechanic that I am not aware of. Please let me know, thanks!

So I have something I would like to question. When using my Tapu Fini against the opponents Noctowl, with misty terrain set up, I was able to freeze the Noctowl with ice beam. Misty terrain guards against non-volatile status conditions and I thought freeze was one of those? Is this a bug or is there some weird mechanic that I am not aware of. Please let me know, thanks!
Noctowl is not grounded while misty terrein and all other terreins affect grounded pokemons

Unburden+Skill Swap Bug

Description: After a Pokémon that has lost its item uses Skill Swap on a Pokémon with the ability Unburden, despite Unburden not being triggered on the user of Skill Swap (item loss occurred before acquiring Unburden), the stat counter shows the speed of the user as doubled, although the enemy Pokémon still outspeeds it.
Example Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-705028011

Screenshots (if you are confused, look at the battle logs):
Catturapss.PNG

catturapss2.PNG

While this isn't gamebreaking at all, it's still a minor bug. You should be able to reproduce it very simply if you want to take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)