• The moderators of this forum are the PS! staff.
  • Welcome to Smogon! Take a moment to read the Introduction to Smogon for a run-down on everything Smogon.

Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Whenever I hide the chat, it crashes both Showdown and shortly after, my computer.
I also have a version of this problem, although my computer does not crash.

In the Windows downloadable application client the hide button which should hide the chats, exits the client. I do not know if the app is crashing or if the button is assigned the incorrect funciton. I can attach a video if you need one, but there's nothing really to look at. The client is normal, then I press the hide button, then the client closes/crashes.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader
http://prntscr.com/o79006 interesting /ms bug, neither of these pokemon get rock climb, yet it shows up in the /ms that shows all the moves they have in common, also similar thing happens with regirock/linoone /ms and rock climb, as it shows up with regirock being unable to learn rock climb but linoone being able to
Infernape/Suicune can learn rock climb via HM in gen 4
In Gen 4, Infernape can learn Rock Climb only when obtained from:
  • anywhere (all moves are level-up/tutor/TM/HM in Gen 4)
In Gen 4, Suicune can learn Rock Climb only when obtained from:
  • anywhere (all moves are level-up/tutor/TM/HM in Gen 4)

For the latter case, I'm unsure why that may be a bug. Regirock is also gen 4, though linoone is a gen 5 egg move.

http://prntscr.com/o79006 interesting /ms bug, neither of these pokemon get rock climb, yet it shows up in the /ms that shows all the moves they have in common, also similar thing happens with regirock/linoone /ms and rock climb, as it shows up with regirock being unable to learn rock climb but linoone being able to
I think the problem is that "In Gen 7, Suicune/Infernape can't learn rock climb." So /ms searches transfer-only moves, while /learn only searches latest-generation moves.
Edit: ninja'd

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-935965861

(Check turn 3 of the battle)

This is a replay from a Monotype battle. My rival swapped into goliosopod, and this one got hitted by my Cloyster with rock blast, getting him to 1% HP, but emergency exit didn't get activated. I Checked some info before thinking it was a bug, so I checked bulbapedia and says that the hability should have activated right after the last hit from the rock blast:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Emergency_Exit_(Ability)

If anyone checks about this bug and needs more info about the battle or the situation, pls tell me, and hope it gets checked ^^.

Last edited:
If you somehow have multiple instances of the same move, the behavior of crediting all PP use to the first instance is correct, mirroring what happens if that scenario should arise on cart. Having a randbats set spawn with two copies of the same move in the first place, though, does sound like a bug.

There were some problems with Follow the Leader's validation; I've rewritten the code and it should fix the Mega bug and might also fix the level bug (but I didn't know about it so I haven't checked.)

I found these bugs or errors. When I go to the format "Almost Any Ability" and go to the "Ability" section, I see an empty line and an "H" in the "Unviable Abilities" part of the "Ability" section. I hope it was worth mentioning and it will be fixed soon.

Z-Mirror Move doesn’t reflect the move back and turn into the said types z move. Just says “but it failed”. Still get the +2 in attack, but the rest doesn’t work.

Z-Mirror Move doesn’t reflect the move back and turn into the said types z move. Just says “but it failed”. Still get the +2 in attack, but the rest doesn’t work.
Do you have a replay or at least can you describe the situation? It seems to work fine from when I tried it.
EDIT: Found it, https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-939143442 However, mirror move fails if the target switches out the turn mirror move is used.

Last edited:
Hello!

So, I stumbled upon this bug upon the addition of /status. So, if a user has just gone offline, it says that he/she is online in red + has his/her status on. Though, in most scenarios, you are supposed to see (Offline) rather. However, this issue does not appear if the user did not set a status message before he/she went off.

Reactions: pre
So this has been a major issue I’ve been having on mobile. So whenever I type something in, the message still displays itself on my screen but it appears it wasn’t delivered in a chat. I also cannot respond or talk to people via PM.

As you can see, time did pass and my message wasn’t delivered. I’ve had issues with this before but they haven’t stayed as frequent as it is now. Most of my teams are on mobile and when this is Grand Slam season, this has restricted me to an extent. Apologies that I have no knowledge on the code at all. Even an answer that causes this would suffice at the very least. Thanks in advance.

Merritt

literally the textbook definition of a tsundere
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Deoxys-S at +6 Speed can reach a speed greater than 1808, which is fast enough that it is able to go first even in Trick Room. There’s a few more detailed mechanics about what happens with even more absurd speeds under Trick Room, but that 1809 threshold is what’s letting Deoxys go first under Trick Room in that replay while Yveltal doesn’t.

In short - not a bug, just an odd mechanic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)