Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
using sychronoise will seemingly only do the type check for your ally. both of your opponents pokemon are unaffected, even if they should be hit by the move.
The fix for this is waiting for a hotpatch or restart, which I would expect to happen some time this week.

Recently found these 2 bugs involving groupchats.

1. /makegroupchat fails if you can't talk in the room it is used in, such as modchat. Even if this is supposed to prevent locked users from creating groupchats, I feel that it's it's unnecessary to have to use a different room to use the command, mostly because it doesn't do anything to the room at all.

Capture12.PNG

This probably wasn't intended, and idk a good reason why you would want to mute yourself

Greetings! It might be a relatively very minor bug, but the groupchatuptime command is not working in the group chat named groupchat-mywailingtears-parasoul. The command is working perfectly in other group chats, and I’ve tested that. I have noticed that three days before the time I’m posting this here. Also, I don’t know if the following information is of any relevance, but that group chat has been existing since the last server restart i.e. 26 days before the current time. I am attaching the screenshots just for the sake of convenience. I would be more than happy if this matter is looked into.
98194A4F-0885-4EDD-82F7-7B0DF668C3BE.jpeg
515186E4-0130-4C1B-8F55-EB614965834D.jpeg

Alumn

Sukcesu cena
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, there is a little show/graphic bug with ability in gen3ou.

replay

turn1: ArcticBreezeX leads with Salamence on Skarmory and Skarmory is Intimidated but PS shows his ability to be Intimidate too. Same with Blizzey, Suicune, Jirachi, ... on the replay (on Sakito side). It would be nice to fix that.

Greetings! It might be a relatively very minor bug, but the groupchatuptime command is not working in the group chat named groupchat-mywailingtears-parasoul. The command is working perfectly in other group chats, and I’ve tested that. I have noticed that three days before the time I’m posting this here. Also, I don’t know if the following information is of any relevance, but that group chat has been existing since the last server restart i.e. 26 days before the current time. I am attaching the screenshots just for the sake of convenience. I would be more than happy if this matter is looked into.View attachment 203256View attachment 203257
This won't be happening anymore in the next server restart.

I am on pokemon showdown too for now. In my experience I fought against a darkrai that had over 252 speed evs. If this doesn't count as a bug I'm sorry But I thought I should let you know.

I am on pokemon showdown too for now. In my experience I fought against a darkrai that had over 252 speed evs. If this doesn't count as a bug I'm sorry But I thought I should let you know.
Do you have a replay? Also, how do you know it had more than 252 EVs and wasn't just holding a Choice Scarf?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Possible bug with Body Slam. On turn 1 of this battle, Jirachi paralyzes me with Body slam but PS says that Pyukumuku flinched. He said in chat he was Sitrus so flinch from item is out of the picture.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-1001415101

Or he could be King's Rock/Razor Fang and just lied :P
It would probably be a leak for me to say exactly what it was, so I'll just confirm that yes, he lied, and no, there's no bug here.

2 Validator bugs in Gen 5 formats:
  1. The validator doesn't seem to check if a pokemon is obtainable below evolution level:
    • Volcarona is not allowed below level 59, despite being obtainable in BW2's Relic Castle at level 35.
    • Tyranitar is not allowed below level 55, despite being obtainable on Route 15 in shaking grass at level 50 (BW1).
  2. The validator appears to be referencing Gen 4 levels for Gen 5 learnset validation
    • Note that Magnemite learns Mirror Shot at level 25 in BW2
    • A Magnemite with Mirror Shot at level 42 was not allowed, but it was allowed at level 43 - the level it learned Mirror Shot in Gen 4.
    • A Magnemite with Electro Ball at level 26 was not allowed, but it was allowed at level 27. This is the expected result, but its strange that the validator appears to reference Gen 4 for Mirror Shot, but will move to Gen 5 for a move that didn't exist in Gen 4.
    • This affects Magneton and Magnezone as well. I did not test other pokemon to see if the issue is exclusive to Magnemite or not.

Visual quirks with Illusion Ampharos in Metronome Battle (2v2). My party menu/hover display shows an Ampharos sprite, but Pikachu-Starter name. After megavolving it tells me its (base) ability is Static, and the same with the party icon's and the sprite's hover display. I feel like viewing these labels from the party menu should try to tell you the current information of your mons with best efforts, since it's personal to you like the ingame party menu. Not a big deal since this is a niche scenario and a typical player won't see any conflict, along with Gen 8 looming in. Cheers

1573094255937.png
1573094237689.png

EDIT: The coloured backgrounds behind statuses in the sprite hover display don't show up in the replay site. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-1005304545

1573096377784.png
1573096435900.png

EDIT 2: I can't test this, but this is one of the last big questions I had about metronome that I always wondered about. On turn 3 the Choiced Pokestar UFO uses Uproar (thru Metronome), and for the next 2 turns he is forced to use Uproar and fail since he's locked into Metronome. I do not know if you are stuck for 2 turns in the same scenario on cart, or if you would just fail for 1 turn and then able to move again like Bide (on PS). Speaking of which I don't have a Bide replay but I recall it using the move, then the next turn it would fail. I don't know if this is how it works ingame.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-1005308744

Last edited:
Pokemon with Dream World exclusive moves should be locked to having their Hidden Ability, since the Dream World always comes with a dream world ability.

Piloswine has to have AncientPower in its moveslots when evolving, so a Mamoswine can't have 4 prevolution or egg moves before gen 6 or 7, whichever added move relearning and egg reminder moves that let you get moves back. Shoutouts to pkhex and their legality reports that I noticed.

1573170423817.png

Also I noticed this asterisk when doing a /learn for Avalanche. I don't know what this is, at first I thought it was a new symbol for a chain breed or something with Smeargle, but I tried a few other egg moves I knew and they seemed fine. A nice guy in the help room wasn't sure either so I put it here.

1573170706672.png

It appears this happens for Metronome/Mimic Snubbull as well. I guess it has something to do with past gen parents. /learn(all)ing with another egg move that shows parents, like Close Combat, seems to show the same parents of the (move that shows parents), even if they don't actually learn the asterisked egg move.
1573173115892.png
1573173200047.png

Curse Mamoswine has 2 virtual console origins, I assume one is for Swinub and one is for Piloswine but unlabeled. Reminds me of the duplicate parents being listed for Leaf Storm roserade which is fixed now. Thanks!
1573171333156.png

This one just repeated all the moves I put in and said they were incompatible, though I guess it can't be helped to decide which moves are incompatible with which scenario.
1573174227576.png

1: /learn marill fireblast, 2: learn marill hail fireblast, 3: leam marill fireblast hail. Anything after Fire Blast gives you the 3rd message repeating itself, so I guess it just stops at the first illegality which makes sense.
1573174404251.png

I noticed this quirk too, not sure if intended. Regular /learn shows the last 4 parents in dex order for egg moves, while /learnall shows it all in dex order like how it used to be.
1573171395037.png

These are inconsistencies I guess. /learning Sludge for Venusaur says to breed Swampert, while Bulbasaur and Ivysaur also list Venusaur as a parent. Marill is in the screencap because I didn't realize what they meant differently by chainbreed (on a solo mon) until just now.
1573171848494.png

Marill gets Aqua Jet from the Dream World but only as a Marill, so Splash from Azurill shouldn't be available.
1573172398341.png

1573172291440.png

Jaboca and Rowap berry still appear in the Item: slot when used. Already reported but I felt like it was fine to repost after like a year. Also I noticed that eating the berry, but its effect not activating (Magic Guarded) actually showed the None!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-1005818994

1573173002318.png

1573173032586.png

Attachments

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-1006324032

Turn 1, Venusaur Sky Drops me and Tyranitar uses Rototiller successfully to boost his stats while in the air/not being grounded. I don't know if this is the ingame behaviour, but (I assume) Sky Drop should make you ungrounded and Rototiller only affects grounded grass Pokemon, so something feels wrong here.

Bulbapedia says Rototiller doesn't affect invulnerable moves like Fly and Dig for what it's worth.

Also it said Rototiller didn't affect my Minior, ingame it only mentions boosts for successful targets.

Last edited:

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
This is a second time I'm seeing this in a smogtours ADV match and though I only took the replay the first time and it did not appear on it, now I have a screen so..

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-447481 | https://i.vgy.me/svaZgT.png
Turn 41, Ludicolo is sent twice (with the animations as well) ; however, everything is normal on the replay. Minor glitch but still bugging me :psywoke:

e : happened g2 of the same series, several times : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-447482 | https://i.vgy.me/CilHmo.png | https://i.vgy.me/Bp2yFC.png
Also, at some point, the order of the Pokémon displayed below the players changed (you can see the difference between the first & second screens).

[17:42:00] +Watchog: Teclis could you mention how
[17:42:09] +Watchog: some moves are not showing when u mouse over
[17:42:20] +Teclis: I see all the moves personally
[17:42:20] +Heroic Troller: regiteel is inevitable
[17:42:22] +Teclis: which ones ? oo
[17:42:23] +Watchog: oh
Kugen joined
[17:42:32] +Watchog: well it showed 0 moves on celebi for me at 1 point in this battle[

[17:44:17] +Watchog:https://prnt.sc/o290wt
[17:44:21] +Watchog: it clicked tox on t9
Apparently it's still a thing, happened in https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-1006770962.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Pokemon with Dream World exclusive moves should be locked to having their Hidden Ability, since the Dream World always comes with a dream world ability.

Piloswine has to have AncientPower in its moveslots when evolving, so a Mamoswine can't have 4 prevolution or egg moves before gen 6 or 7, whichever added move relearning and egg reminder moves that let you get moves back. Shoutouts to pkhex and their legality reports that I noticed.

View attachment 204527

Also I noticed this asterisk when doing a /learn for Avalanche. I don't know what this is, at first I thought it was a new symbol for a chain breed or something with Smeargle, but I tried a few other egg moves I knew and they seemed fine. A nice guy in the help room wasn't sure either so I put it here.

View attachment 204528

It appears this happens for Metronome/Mimic Snubbull as well. I guess it has something to do with past gen parents. /learn(all)ing with another egg move that shows parents, like Close Combat, seems to show the same parents of the (move that shows parents), even if they don't actually learn the asterisked egg move.
View attachment 204537View attachment 204538
This is all related to the problem that PS doesn't break down egg moves by gen. If a move is a level-up (or TM or tutor) move in a past gen, it's not considered an egg move (because you could just get the move by leveling up or whatever).

* just means "fathers couldn't be listed because the move isn't considered an egg move". It's also used for level-up egg moves in LC.

There's no easy fix for this, except to track five separate lists of egg moves (one for each gen) instead of just one, which is kind of excessive but maybe necessary. Considering I'm not aware of competitively relevant problems, I'm not particularly interested in fixing it.

This one just repeated all the moves I put in and said they were incompatible, though I guess it can't be helped to decide which moves are incompatible with which scenario.
View attachment 204540
That's just the generic message for "There's no possible way to get Mamoswine to learn all of these moves at the same time". Ideally you just run `/learn` on each of the moves separately, and notice that no method is listed as working for all four of the moves at the same time (gen 4 egg is the only one that works for the first three, but it fails for Icicle Crash).

"Are incompatible" as a message just lists all the moves that could possibly be incompatible with each other (i.e. all moves that aren't gen7 level-up, TM, or tutor moves).

I noticed this quirk too, not sure if intended. Regular /learn shows the last 4 parents in dex order for egg moves, while /learnall shows it all in dex order like how it used to be.
View attachment 204530
This was an intentional change, so the lists in short mode weren't all the same, letting you see more of them.

These are inconsistencies I guess. /learning Sludge for Venusaur says to breed Swampert, while Bulbasaur and Ivysaur also list Venusaur as a parent.
This is intentional. Sometimes, a fully-evolved Pokémon learn a move by level-up, but its prevos can only learn it by breeding with its evos (Tyrogue is a good example). If I tell you to get it on Bulbasaur by breeding with Venusaur, you can do `/learn Venusaur` to see how to get a Venusaur with the move. If I tell you to get it on Venusaur by breeding with Venusaur, that's clearly useless information (except in the rare case of event egg moves, which are hardcoded).

Marill is in the screencap because I didn't realize what they meant differently by chainbreed (on a solo mon) until just now.
So do you understand what "chainbreed" means?

(PS only says "chainbreed" if the mother is chainbred. If the father is chainbred, it'll just name the father.)

Last edited:

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Marill gets Aqua Jet from the Dream World but only as a Marill, so Splash from Azurill shouldn't be available.
Fixed

Jaboca and Rowap berry still appear in the Item: slot when used. Already reported but I felt like it was fine to repost after like a year. Also I noticed that eating the berry, but its effect not activating (Magic Guarded) actually showed the None!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-1005818994

Fixed

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Not a bug persay because it works just fine as long as you follow the intended game mechanics, however because of the size of the Create-A-Pokemon project and PS's support for it, I think this warrants a change anyway.

Fidgit using Tailwind is supposed to make Tailwind last for 5 turns, however the client doesn't seem to support Tailwind staying up for longer than 3 turns, so after 3 turns the on-screen message of Tailwind (X turns) disappears despite tailwind still being in effect.

I don't know if this affects other moves in conjunction with the Persistent CAP ability, but I would assume it does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)