Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under the Gen 8 section or how ever you want to phrase it. It says the Pikachus Volt Tackle does not exist. I can confirm he does since I have Pokemon Shield and did get Volt Tackle on him. if you breed a Pikachu holding a lightball with a ditto, the pichu that hatches will have Volt Tackle

A bunch of hidden abilities can't be used in swsh formats. The Kaphotics pastebin for the raid encounters (https://pastebin.com/AfWZ6wz4) says that, for example, Unfezant would have its hidden ability, but on showdown it says "Unfezant's Hidden Ability is unreleased."
That paste was sort of correct, but, later research discovered a lot of HAs are actually locked to a certain kind of raid (which some Pokemon can't spawn in, if they could spawn in those kinds of raids, they could have their HAs).

Also, on a separate note, it's very likely Meltan would not get an Evolite boost. I explain it in a post from the research thread.
Actually went and looked at Kurt's pastes, according to this one, Meltan cannot evolve into Melmetal in this game (so you'll have to evolve it in GO to get Melmetal).

And also, I'm 99% sure it will not get an Evolite boost, considering precedent on other mons (Cosplay Pikachu is an example).

This also would kinda mean when Home is released/NatDex gets an LC mode, Meltan wouldn't be considered an LC. And also Meltan is getting an Evolite boost in the NatDex mode, even tho it most likely shouldn't (although someone should really test it).

Replay where I used a Meltan with Evolite, it got the boost, but it likely shouldn't have: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbeta-1017055697

Kantonian Mr. Mime is available via in game trade in Sword and Shield so why is it banned in Showdown??
View attachment 207848

Kantonian Mr. Mime is available in game in an in game trade in Sword, but it says that it's unreleased in the teambuilder.

View attachment 207849

Fixed. You can now play use Mr Mime, you better give it Eviolite!

Gen 8 bug, body press is not using user’s defense stat in damage calculation
Body press should use the user's defense stat as attack vs the opponent's defense stat. If you still believe there is a bug, could you please post a replay of the bug?
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1014133780 Cramorant ability not working with Dive/Surf
Thanks for the report, developers are working on this issue.
Edit: There has been an update to Cramorant's ability, could you check whether it works correctly now?

Lapras ressonance g max move makes an aurora veil on the foe's side of the battle. is this a bug
I believe this was fixed, I tested it and it came up on the right side, but it's possible that the bug appears occasionally. If you encounter this again, please let us know.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1014279416

In this battle, Mimikyu stays big even though it is not dynamaxed (see turn 18)
Thanks of the report! Since this is a visual and elusive bug, it's probably not going to be worked on. If it happens again, feel free to report it.

The event Gigantimax trio (Pikachu, Eevee, and Meowth) can't learn any moves other than the ones that they presumably start with.

There are also several bugs with G max moves:

Wildfire, Volt Crash, Terror, Stonesurge, Wind Rage, Stun Shock, Volcalith, Tartness, and Sweetness just don't exist.

The info boxes for all but list the names and effects of the regular Max move of the same type.

Malodor based off Acid Spray lists a base power of 10. I think it's just a tooltip error, though.

Some of the text in the chat is weird.
(Steelsurge started on the opposing team!)
(Hatterene was hurt!) [no mention of the steel hazard]
(G-Max Centiferno activated!)
Melmetal is hurt by G-Max Centiferno!
[Same wording for Sandblast]
Alcremie restored HP using its undefined!
(Max Depletion activated!)

The messages for Dynamaxing in general are strange.
(Dynamax started on Lapras!)
Lapras restored HP using its Dynamax!
Lapras was freed from Dynamax!
Lapras restored HP using its Dynamax! [un-Dynamaxing makes you lose HP, so this makes even less sense]
Thanks for the reports!
Regarding the Gmax moves, some have been added over the weekend.
Regarding the wording, if you have any suggestions it'd be appreciated.

Leek isn't working with sirfetched in showdown

It works with fetched in game, when I use it in-game leaf blade always crits no matter what, and his other moves crit about half the time
Leek is now working with sirfetched!
...can we just have some banner or change the title to include "Weight-based moves don't affect Dynamaxed Pokemon" as this has been posted probably tens of times by now?
This is a great idea.
G-Max Wind Rage doesn’t appear to exist.
Thanks for the report, missing gmax are being implemented one by one during this beta.

Apologies if I can't report this here, but nonetheless, in the Pokemon Showdown AVI preview list, avatar 265 (Rosa) appears as the Rosa-DuelDisk variant.
View attachment 207803
However, upon choosing the sprite, your trainer sprite actually changes to the regular "Rosa" variant.
View attachment 207800
Using the /avatar 265 command also just changes your trainer sprite to the regular Rosa sprite.
Thanks for the report. They look very similar to me, so this will not be looked into. If this happens with 2 more distinct sprites, you can report that and it'll be looked into.

Mimikyu takes 1/8 in Sword from disguise but only 1/10 on Showdown

View attachment 207874
Thanks for the ingame screenshots! Those really help.
Is ditto not supposed to also change form (from Full Belly to Hangry mode) when it transforms into Morpeko because if it is it doesn't.
Also, Morpeko's aura wheel is supposed to change typing depending on the form right? If it is, then it is not doing or showing it correctly because when you make a move other than Aura Wheel, it stays electric type even though it is supposed to change.
Thanks for the report, ditto should change between hangry mode as well. Regular morpeko changes the type of aura wheel but doesn't show the correct type in the hover tooltip.

Even if it use dynamax,substitute doesn't disappear. This is miss.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8battlestadiumdoubles-1015122620
Thanks for the report. dynamax substitute will probably get some attention now.

This is miss that Steel Beam is accuracy 100 and hits all adjacent pokemon.Accuracy 95 and hits single is right.
Steel beam has a chance of missing in the simulator, but teambuilder doesn't display the accuracy correctly. Thanks for the report!

mousing over max guard (prev. sticky web) shows z-sticky web instead of the maxguard/protect description (or at least im assuming thats supposed to be there instead of that)
Thanks for the report, this is being addressed. There are a lot of tooltip errors, but they usually don't affect actual damage calculations.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1015311711 turn 3, my mew was disabled so i can't use metronome, struggle was the right option but if i dynamax my mew and choose max guard, and the game stopped until i cancel my dynamax and choose struggle.
Thanks for the report, this will probably be adressed with a more general encore and disable dynamax fix.

Intrepid Sword and Dauntless Shield should activate when Impostered like Download does, this does not happen on PS currently. This may apply to copying the ability as well.
Examples:
Turn 8 Roleplay copy: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1012959052
Imposter at start of battle: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1015264695
Thanks for the report, this is probably linked to the Ditto Morpeko Aura wheel bug. Thanks for the replay and turn markers as well.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1015331280

Turn 1 & 2, Scarf Darm icicle crash and hailstorm do the same amount of damage to clefable.
Not a bug.
Since dynamax pokemon are not locked, darm loses both choice item boosts as well as its ability boost.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8battlestadiumdoubles-1015326040

Dragon Darts isn't coded correctly in Showdown. In game, the text for the move reads,

The user attacks twice using Dreepy. If there are two targets, this move hits each target once.
However, in Showdown it reads, "Singles: Hits twice. Doubles: Hits each once."

In this replay, it is the end of a doubles battle and just my Dragapult and their Arcanine are left, but when I used dragon darts, it only hit one time. However, since there is only one Target, it should hit twice even though it is a double battle.
There has been no development on this issue so far. It seems to be complex, but I understand it's a fun/important feature.
Update: One of the core devs is working on this issue.

Hello, i've never done bug report so far so sorry if i'm doing it wrong.

I think life orb's interaction with dynamax on cartridge doesn't match showdown's mecanics. On showdown, you lose your usual 10% hp of the whole total of your new hp once dinymaxed ( do you need a replay of it ? ) , but on cartridge i've seen it being less, 5% or maybe 10% of the original hp of the poke.

i've seen it on a youtube video but i think it's pretty revelant

As you can see, the gengar lose 13 hp ( 112 to 99 ) while having a total of 270 hp after dynamax. 13 might be 13.5 so 10 % of the original 135 hp.

Also, i dunno if it's revelant, but he says in the video ( in french if you can understand it ) that he did max his dynamax level of his mon. ( maybe only revelant if the hp is calculated on the total hp after dynamax but i doubt it )

again sorry if this as already been discuted of if it's intented, i've searched about it but didnt find ^^
Thank you for adding video to the report! This helps a lot with alleged cartridge disparities. I'll let you know if this gets fixed.

encore and dynamax interaction is bugged, according to all knowing and powerful user DaWoblefet encore should fail on a dynamaxed mon, but per this replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1015356107 i am encored the turn i dynamax (turn 11), i am able to max steelspike, and then the next turn i am locked into max flutterby. sorry i forgot to screenshot but i do have this replay

No reply or screenshot, but ran into an issue when Dynamaxing a choice-locked mon that had been disabled.

Was locked playing with Rotom-W, choice locked into hydro pump, which got disbaled by Corsola's ability. The only option left was struggle as it should be, but clicking Dynamaxing led to only the water type Dynamax move being displayed, there wasn't any other moves to click.
Thanks for the reports, encore, disable ,struggle and choice issues on dynamax will probably be addressed soon.

I'll take a look at the rest of the bug reports in a while. I'm currently on page 81/sunday.

P.S: If you have a cartridge and want to help, try to find bugs that I've reacted to with a luvdisc/like, that's how I mark bugs that rely on an alleged difference between how mechanics work in the official game and how they work in the sim. If you can confirm the bug report, it'll move much faster.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Fixed. You can now play use Mr Mime, you better give it Eviolite!

Body press should use the user's defense stat as attack vs the opponent's defense stat. If you still believe there is a bug, could you please post a replay of the bug?

Thanks for the report, developers are working on this issue.

I believe this was fixed, I tested it and it came up on the right side, but it's possible that the bug appears occasionally. If you encounter this again, please let us know.

Thanks of the report! Since this is a visual and elusive bug, it's probably not going to be worked on. If it happens again, feel free to report it.

Thanks for the reports!
Regarding the Gmax moves, some have been added over the weekend.
Regarding the wording, if you have any suggestions it'd be appreciated.

Leek is now working with sirfetched!

This is a great idea.

Thanks for the report, missing gmax are being implemented one by one during this beta.

Thanks for the report. They look very similar to me, so this will not be looked into. If this happens with 2 more distinct sprites, you can report that and it'll be looked into.

Thanks for the ingame screenshots! Those really help.

Not sure about ditto copying. But Aura wheel type changes now work on regular morpeko, if you dynamax, the type of the max moves doesn't change, and this is a confirmed bug.

Thanks for the report. dynamax substitute will probably get some attention now.

Steel beam has a chance of missing in the simulator, but teambuilder doesn't display the accuracy correctly. Thanks for the report!

Thanks for the report, this is being addressed. There are a lot of tooltip errors, but they usually don't affect actual damage calculations.

Thanks for the report, this will probably be adressed with a more general encore and disable dynamax fix.

Thanks for the report, this is probably linked to the Ditto Morpeko Aura wheel bug. Thanks for the replay and turn markers as well.

Not a bug.
Since dynamax pokemon are not locked, darm loses both choice item boosts as well as its ability boost.

There has been no development on this issue so far. It seems to be complex, but I understand it's a fun/important feature.

Thank you for adding video to the report! This helps a lot with alleged cartridge disparities. I'll let you know if this gets fixed.

Thanks for the reports, encore, disable ,struggle and choice issues on dynamax will probably be addressed soon.

I'll take a look at the rest of the bug reports in a while. I'm currently on page 81/sunday.

P.S: If you have a cartridge and want to help, try to find bugs that I've reacted to with a luvdisc/like, that's how I mark bugs that rely on an alleged difference between how mechanics work in the official game and how they work in the sim. If you can confirm the bug report, it'll move much faster.

Thanks.
Eviolite probs won't work on Kantomime but awesome job none the less!

The official NatDex OU thread says they unbanned Metagrossite, but according to the teambuilder it's still banned.

Also, after using a Z-move in NatDex OU, I could no longer Dynamax any of my team members, even those that were not holding a Z-crystal.
Scratch that I can't Dynamax at all WTF!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)