Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadLoeuf

[bɹɛd.lœf]
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
It appears as if the command /blockchallenges friends does not work as intended, despite giving different text than /blockchallenges. It just blocks all challenges. The proof is in the image, but the & PM didn't give me any notice this time, even though last time a friend sent me a challenge it did.

unknown.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mathy

Last edited by a moderator:
"pivot" works as a /ds filter, but its inverse, "!pivot", does not. the latter should include pokemon such as kartana, for example.
i feel this is low priority since this can be done the long way with "!uturn, !flipturn, !teleport, !voltswitch" but the shorter version should probably still function.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Hello if this is not the place to put this feel free to delete it. To preface this in sword and shield, the hack check that allows Pokémon for trading/battling has a mistake/oversight in that where any Pokémon past gen 1 with a lgpe origin mark can not be used. This included Pokémon that got evolutions after they were introduced in gen 1 like Crobat, Blissey, Steelix and a lot more. Showdown does not go by this and this leaves 6 Pokémon to my knowledge of having moves that can only be gotten by their pre evolutions in lgpe but upon evolving to their post gen 1 evolutions get flagged by the hack check and can not be used in cartridge wifi battles. If showdown wants to replicate the cartridge to its best abilities then these Pokémon with these moves should also be flagged illegal imo.
The Pokémon Include:</p><p></p><p>Blissey: Celebrate (new event move for chansey)

Lickilicky: Acid (new level up move for lickitung)

Rhyperior: Sand Attack(new level up move for rhyhorn and don)

Politoad: Low Kick (new level up move for poliwhirl)

Porygon 2 and Porygon Z: Barrier (Nat dex exclusive) (new level up move for Porygon)

All these moves are available only in lgpe by their previous evolutions and these Pokémon with these moves have no way to be able to be used in cartridge wifi battles.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, looks like Game Freak fixed this at some point; an LGPE-origin Crobat and Politoed both passed the SwSh validator in online trade and battle for me (DaWoblefet)

The validation mechanism for Gen 8 VGC 2020 does not accept Pokemon available in VGC Series 7.

Example includes the winning team from Players Cup 2, held under Series 7.

Reproduction steps:
Create new team for [Gen 8] VGC 2020
Import this PokePaste: https://pokepast.es/f18c03225066d781
Click Validate
See message: - Moltres-Galar is not possible to obtain in this game. - Fiery Wrath is not obtainable without hacking or glitches.

This is true for all returning Pokemon in Crown Tundra (other examples include Dragonite, Nidoking, Entei, etc).

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, VGC 2020 is Series 5, which does not include anything from the Crown Tundra. You should use VGC 2021 to play Series 7 (Karthik)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-1532176853-kdfddurdcwwhwlbf5etz4q3d2xtpu0kpw
turn 42: doom desire misses as thunderbolt does as well, wtf is going on???
i didnt have brightpowder on claydol, i guess it doesnt matter since its an immunity, but still it's a weird animation glitch, tbolt going to the left lol

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) maybe this was from Doom Desire missing? really not sure (DaWoblefet)

1647571111451.png

Chatot is not allowed in VGC 2012-2013, presumably because of its old Chatter mechanic's capacity for abuse. It should not be legal in either of these formats.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik (note that Chatot was only banned in 2013 according to the official rule docs so it has only been banned for 2013 in the sim)

Showdown caring about cart legality while trying to use a level 5 Abra in a gen 1 custom game.
1647658131681.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

For some reason the /ds command considers all these CAP Pokemon to be Psychic-type, despite only Aurumoth actually being Psychic. Their types are properly considered in teambuilder and /dt, but for some reason /ds is weird like this.
1647723252441.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see pyuk's post below (DaWoblefet)

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Turn 14:
[A Quag To The Past's Degenerator]
(The opposing Robb576 was hurt!)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8superstaffbros4-1536554000

Degenerator being passed on results into an instant KO on this turn, pretty sure its a bug.

(edit: rules were shared power and pick 6 from 15 pokemon)

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG The SSB dev team is not longer working on the format bar critical issues till gen 9 (HoeenHero)

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
1648071871116.png
Clicking on a link to <<wi-fi>> has the curious behavior of opening an extra tab with a completely empty fake room before getting redirected to the Wi-Fi room proper.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) navigating to https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/wi-fi at all will reproduce this behavior (DaWobleet)

Gen 7 - Mega Evolution interaction with swift swim/drought
Situation: At the beginning of the turn, rain is active, both swampert and charizard are on the field, neither of them have mega evolved yet, and charizard is faster than swampert but char-y is slower than mega swampert in the rain. At the start of the turn both mega evolve, the charizard mega evolves first - activating its drought - and the swampert mega evolves second.

Currently on Showdown, the result is the charizard-y moving before the m-swampert. However, this is not how it works on handheld. The m-swampert should move before the char-y despite mega evolving after the drought occured.

Showdown Example: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1537432842
Proof:

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG; I have cart footage from SM showing this isn't the case, and I tested on USUM today to make sure as well and my Charizard always moved before Swampert. I tested doubles, singles, and even changing which DS was host, and a Charizard with more Speed than Swampert always moved first when the two Mega Evolved in rain. Are you sure your Swampert and Charizard aren't Speed tying? (DaWoblefet)

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
It seems at the moment that writing the command for an AG analysis doesn't work properly, as it re-directs someone to the OU page for the mon in question. I assume it has something to do with the real of /anythinggoes not redirecting to /ag?

picture is an example, I also tried it with Zekrom.
1648138482544.png

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
It seems at the moment that writing the command for an AG analysis doesn't work properly, as it re-directs someone to the OU page for the mon in question. I assume it has something to do with the real of /anythinggoes not redirecting to /ag?

picture is an example, I also tried it with Zekrom.
View attachment 414827
Was just about to report this, along with that any pokemon with a hyphen (tapu-bulu, rotom-mow, landorus-therian) will always point to the default page instead of format. Here, Zapdos-Galar points to the default OU instead of monotype.
zapcommand.png

zapdex.png

While you're at it, is it possible to default to current gen if it isn't specified? So something like the following would point correctly:
zapdoubles.png

that would be a suggestion (DaWoblefet)

I'm not sure if this is intended, but it seems as though PS battlers can bypass a battle replay being invite-only or hidden by turning it into a secret room and then making it public. The user a1012 has several replays in which they perform that sequence at the end of a battle so the replay comes up as public and searchable by all. The replay I provide here was 100% invite-only from the onset and throughout the battle, and I never changed it myself. I have no idea why this guy saves all the replays of his unrated rands conquests but I think the exploit has larger potential consequences for more serious metagames.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8unratedrandombattle-1537822185

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG; making a room public and then re-uploading is meant to change the privacy status, this is correct behavior (Mia)
-- :charizard-gmax:

I am not sure if it is a bug, but Showdown lags, the GIF are loading slow or even stucking for seconds. The texts are working fine though.

P.S.:
1) I was using Windows 10
2) I was using Edge browser
3) It does not lag on Firefox on Windows 10
4) It does not lag on Edge on Android 9
5) It does not lag on Edge on another Windows 10 computer
6) I have reinstalled Edge using the Microsoft repairing tool but it does not help

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) I've noticed this happen too for me on Chrome, but it's pretty intermittant - we'd need more details on how to reproduce though (DaWoblefet)

Client responds: How do I provide more details? Should I get some code or screenshots? Thank you.

Last edited:

BreadLoeuf

[bɹɛd.lœf]
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi, I'm here to report that the option "Show PMs in chat rooms" does not appear to work when showdown is set to single panel. It works on "left and right panels," but not single.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)