CAP 30 - SL Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
We're making Giratina-style Forms! Reminder that there are two major changes in place for this CAP.

First, this thread is only for Section Leader applications. Topic Leader applications occurred in a past thread before Framework submissions began.

Second, CAP 30 will operate off of a framework. Read this post to understand how this project will differ from typical CAP Projects.

--

This is the thread for people to announce their desire to become Section Leaders (SLs) for this creation project. Do not suggest other users. If someone wants to become a Section Leader, they will post on their own, and if they don't have a strong urge to be it then they shouldn't be signing up anyway. The CAP project requires the utmost dedication and a substantial amount of free time, especially to lead, meaning that only those who have carefully considered the magnitude of their application will apply at all. If you are not prepared to fulfill all of the responsibilities to the very end, then do not throw your hat into the ring.

Before applying, it is important to read and understand the following posts:
Topic Leadership
CAP 5 - Policy Review Summary
Either-Or Leadership Applications

The Topic Leadership Team (TLT) is made up of the following five positions to lead the creation of this new Pokemon. This thread is only for Section Leader applications. The Topic Leader has already been selected in a previous poll.
  • Topic Leader: In the public's eyes, this is the leader of the project. Overall, the goal of the TL is "quality control", not "project control". The responsibilities of the TL include running Concept Assessment, Threats Discussion, and finalizing the slates of Section Leaders. For CAP 30 specifically, the TL will also slate frameworks.
  • Section Leaders: The Section Leaders will be leading the four major competitive aspects of creating a Pokemon. They will make slates for their respective threads and provide meaningful discussion points to their specific area. Note that TLT members are allowed to make submissions during stages of the CAP process that they are not actively leading:
    • Typing Leader
    • Ability Leader
    • Stats Leader
    • Movepool Leader
When making your application, please indicate which position(s) you are applying for. You must identify which SL section(s) you are applying for. Section Leaders should have the following qualifications:
  • Deep knowledge of the game of Pokemon
  • Familiarity with competitive Pokemon concepts, strategy and philosophy, as practiced within Smogon
  • Willing to voice opinions and lead others
  • Open-minded to new ideas
  • Creative, "outside-of-the-box" thinker
  • Good writing skills
  • Level-headed when resolving disputes
  • Liked and respected by the CAP community
Once this CAP starts, the Topic Leader and Section Leaders will be the most important, most visible members of the CAP community, and they are expected to be a strong guiding force throughout the creation process. If you are selected for any of these positions, you will have a great deal of power to influence the project. But you also have a responsibility to stay on top of things. You will have forum moderators to help you, but you need to be regularly active on the project until it is complete. All potential candidates should look through both the Topic Leadership Guide and the CAP Process Archive, to get an idea of what will be expected of you, if you are selected to be a Section Leader.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic. Below are the guidelines for posting in this thread:
  • Candidates will benefit from highlighting their active involvement throughout the duration of a recent CAP project. Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.
  • Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM or talk to them on the PS! CAP chatroom or the CAP Discord channel.
  • If you are new to the CAP project, do not sign up in this thread. Instead, spend a project or two lurking, learning, and participating first.
  • Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project.
  • Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then you can't expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate. Convince us that you are a good choice.
  • Even if you don't think you are better qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting your application. Candidates not selected as TL this project will be on the watchlist for next time around. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected, since people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely.
  • Feel free to post support for any candidates already named.
  • Do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.
If these rules are not followed, the offending user will be subject to moderation.

----

This thread will be open for 72 hours unless we're notified that we need to provide more time.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
gm friends time to apply for SL

Preferences: Ability>Moves>Typing>Stats

I was an active participant in the 27, 28, and 29 processes, I've gotten a ladybug badge for my CAP process contributions, and I've been known to push nonstandard options at basically every point in the process, offering new perspectives and opinions that I feel offer valuable insight for CAP. An example of this would be me pushing for Perish Body, an ability that was seen as suboptimal by many, in the 29th process, and getting it on the slate due to well-reasoned and levelheaded arguments. Although I've been known to have some questionable takes in the past, I'm confident that the metagame knowledge and battling skill I've gathered since then will make up for it. W.R.T metagame experience, I've participated in every CAP team tour since CAPPL VI alongside the individual tours, with varying results. I've also supplied to builds to a lot of the non-cap Indian players who are participating in the individuals (a few of which have made it to the top 16 of the summer seasonal). If it counts for anything I'm currently 17th on the ND circuit sheet (off of 16th by 4 points) which should indicate that im at the least im a decentish battler and i have enough mons knowledge to qualify for TLT. Ive played other metas like LC and UU and have built teams in basically every lower tier for discord draft tours so I have a decent understanding of other metas i think. Im going to stop here bcs i think i've made my case, and I hope you consider me for a position in the TLT

p.s: pannuracotta lol weeb

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey pals, I'm Tadasuke and I'm once again gonna be throwing my name in the ring for SL apps, specifically looking to do Ability but also willing to do Typing or Movepool.

My involvement with the CAP process started in 2014 with the project that resulted in Volkraken. I've been intermittently active within the community ever since, but the bulk of my activity on the forums happened over the course of the pandemic. I was lucky enough to be chosen as the Ability SL for CAP 29, which was quite a trip since the concept focused specifically on making a bad ability useful. Outside of having been on that TLT, I'm also a CAP Moderator on Smogon, a room owner for the CAP Project room on Pokemon Showdown, a moderator for the CAP Discord server, and an all around swell guy.

Outside of the CAP process, I do a lot of work running CAP tournaments. My goal has been to always have an active CAP tour while I'm around, and I feel as if I've done that well by hosting the SS CAP Budget Tour, SS CAP Regular Tour, SS CAP Cyclohm Cup, SS CAP Snake Draft, 2021 CAP Winter Seasonal, ORAS CAP Revival Tour, CAP 29 Playtest Tour, SS CAP Rigged Tour, and CAPPL VII all within the past year. On top of hosting I've played for the Choice Band Revenankhs in CAPTT III and CAPPL VI, made playoffs for the CAP 28 Playtest, played for the CAP Project room in PSPL II, and managed the CAP + OMs team for PSPL IX.

To use the words of former CAP head mod Birkal, I plan to once again "crush it" as a member of the TLT by "working with a practical hand that won't allow for any nonsense to sneak its way onto the polls". My goal remains the same as my last application, being that I'd like to commit fully toward making an effective, non-centralizing CAP that fulfills every aspect mentioned in its concept, while simultaneously encouraging and facilitating active and thoughtful discussions with both the community at large and the TLT + mod team.

Hey, Im Pipotchi and Im applying for SL, ideally for stats, but anything barring movepool is fine.
My first experience in CAP was wandering in during Volkraken's process, submitting an illegal lobster, getting disqualified and then disappearing. On the second go round, I got involved during the Pajantom process and have been here ever since. I've been a very active CAP member since around 2017 and I've tried to get involved in pretty much everything during that time, outside of leadership. As of this year my interest in TLT has shifted too and I think now would be the ideal time to try out for the position. Stats is my main interest, its a stage I always look forward to discussing and I also find it to be the stage where the mon really starts to take its final shape. In stats I can best use my meta knowledge and study of previous processes to guide quality discussion, and this stat stage is particularly interesting to me.

Here's some of my involvements and contributions to CAP so far:
Competitive:
Won Equilibra playtest
Played in two CAPPLs so far with average/good results!

Process:
Submitted winning concept for Miasmaw
Made a big initial push for Fire/Dragon Astrolotl
Pushed for Jumbao as a sun setter rather than abuser
Pushed +25 Spa for Voodoom
Submitted this current Framework

Flavor:
Winning art for Jumbao, Mumbao, and Snaelstrom
2nd place finish for Equilibra and Smokomodo art, 3rd place finish for Astro, Caribolt and Chromera art
3D modeller for Miasmaw and Snaelstrom
Winning dex entry for Miasmite

I also have some other involvements- for instance pushing for likes to be enabled for this CAP process, helping to get artists the ability to submit prevo art before a typing gets locked in for greater art flexibility, and I'm always trying to think of ways to improve CAP playerbase and improve the ladder (which is where you can usually find me). Outside of CAP I also sometimes submit and run OMs, such as Nature Swap which is my stat-shifting OM, and I also draw fakemons for my personal fakedex and as commissions.
As a player I like to use underutilised mons and weird techs, but as a SL my goal would be to keep the CAP on course and relevant to both the concept and the metagame. I'll be new to leadership (on Smogon at least), but there'll be 4 other capable people beside me to turn to if necessary, and a wealth of past processes to draw from.

Last edited:

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, I'm dex. I'm applying for SL, and I am comfortable with any of the sections.

Just to say a little bit about myself, I started using Smogon to participate in Miasmaw, my favorite mon is Sandslash cause them claws be cool, and my favorite CAP is Equilibra because I love the mind games Doom Desire creates in games.

I've been around since CAP 28, where I became extremely active in every competitive aspect of Miasmaw. I was similarly active during Chromera. In terms of my contributions to those CAPs, my ability submission was slated for Miasmaw (Download) and my typing and stat submissions were slated for Chromera (Ground/Flying and the crazy fast 120 speed spread). Additionally, I came up with the 3-attack Taunt set for Miasmaw. I like to think I specialize in coming up with outside-of-the-box ideas for each stage, and I really love listening to other people's crazy ideas about what can work in each stage. I push people to think of non-standard answers to each stage, which I believe leads to a much more holistic approach to CAP. My Ladybug badge was given to me for my contributions to Chromera's process.

Outside of the process, I am a very active metagame player, participating in every major tournament dating back to the last Snake Draft. Additionally, I'll be hosting the CAP Ladder Tour (happening in a couple weeks! sign up!). I’m also one of the few ladder heroes left, finally dethroning spitfire as the top rated CAP player on ladder. I'm the creator of the ORAS demon team that is Gravity Sand, a constant proponent of Volkraken/Miasmaw teams, and an unashamed CM Fini spammer. Finally, I’m a member of the Monotype CAP council.

In terms of contributions to the CAP community, I’ve been a member of the PRC since the end of CAP 28. I’ve also written 5 published competitive analyses for CAP with another two on the way. Additionally, I frequently contribute to the Viability Rankings thread. I'm also really active on Discord, and I always make the time to answer questions and engage in conversation about the CAP project.

As a leader, I place a lot of value in making sure everyone’s opinion is heard. I want to give people the freedom to come up with whatever crazy solutions they can to the questions CAP presents us with while pushing them to make sure their logic is sound and their ideas are well thought out.

Last edited:

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Throwing my hat in the ring for any stage

I've been around CAP for a little while now, lurking and following the process tangentially since Kerfluffle back in ORAS, but last year around the start of the pandemic is when I threw myself into the community more. Since the tail end of Astrolotl's project I've been an involved contributor and community member, most recently leading the Stats stage for Chomera's process. I count myself lucky to have worked with a leadership team as experienced and helpful as that one during my first TLT position. I was leading one of the stages I was least familiar with, but because of the guidance and support from the rest of the TLT it went smoothly and I learned a lot as a result - having been through the position once already, I feel confident I could lead any stage now, though I still do have my preferences.

Not gonna write a super long resume but as far as other stuff I've done around here, I host + contribute to a good few forum projects, am on the VR council, contribute to CAP C&C which I was recently enlisted to help moderate, participate in various individual + team tours (go caribolts), moderate the CAP showdown room, and I'm generally just always hanging around to chat on the discord/forums/etc. I've contributed substantially to this project and I'm a decent battler with a good understanding of the metagame. I hope that I've proven my capability to lead in the past, and I'd like to continue doing so with a position on the TLT for this upcoming process.

I am applying for Section Leader. No strong preferences, I'll be willing to pick up whatever needs to be picked up.

For my experience with CAP, I have lurked the project on and off since CAP18 (Volkraken), but I actively lurked during CAP28 (Miasmaw), and I was heavily involved in creation of CAP29 (Chromera), participating in discussions in the forums and on Discord and getting my stat submission slated. I am also heavily involved in the Gen 8 CAP Prevo Updates and the general consistency updates that have come as a result of those, having checked the results of various movepool threads and updates against their Showdown implementations, and readded missed moves or made flavor-motivated adjustments where necessary. My Community Contributor badge is a result of my work for those updates. I am also a CAP Discord Moderator and a CAP Showdown Room Driver. For competitive experience, I began entering CAP tours at the beginning of this year with some success, and I was drafted to the Thundering Caribolts for the current CAPPL.

I am known in the CAP community for my high activity in both the CAP Discord and the CAP Showdown room, beyond what is expected of the staff positions I have in those servers. As section leader, in addition to managing the thread for my section of the project, I would also have my finger on the pulse at those locations as well. I also have knowledge of the CAPs themselves and the histories of their processes, partially through my work on the CAP Prevo updates, and partially through reading through the archives to get an understanding of the decisions made for each CAP. When it comes to CAP discussions, I tend to take a grounded but still flexible approach; I won't immediately bite at pie-in-the-sky options, but I'm willing to calc or test things out and change my mind about things.

Thank you for considering me for Section Leader, and good luck to all the other candidates.

Hey guys, I'm Darek, and I'll be applying for TLT this CAP, with preferences ranking Ability > Movepool> Stats > Typing, but I'm cool with any of the four.

My involvement with CAP began with Astrolotl's process, where I mainly lurked and made a few flavor posts. Since then, I've been an active participant in Miasmaw and Chromera's processes, notably submitting the winning typing for Miasmaw, and earning a Ladybug Badge for my contributions. For the previous CAP process, my concept submission of "Boosting and Blasting" was slated, and for this CAP my framework for this CAP of "Weak Status Move Ability" was slated as well. As demonstrated by my posts in previous CAP processes, I like to take unique and innovative approaches but do my best to keep the competitiveimplications at the forefront. During my involvement with CAP, I've learned a lot about what works and what doesn't for CAP and how to cooperate as a community. As a member of the TLT I will do my best to strike a balance between outside-the-box craziness and mindfulness for metagame stability.

Furthermore, I am a very active player of the CAP metagame, member of the CAP VR team, and resident Miasmaw enjoyer. I frequently play in CAP Room Tours and have also played in several forum tours with solid results. Most notably, I made it to the semifinals of the CAP28 Playtest, and went 5-1 in CAP Snake Draft as part of the Malicious Miasmaws. As of writing this, I am currently undefeated in CAPPL as part of the Ol' Reliable Chromeras. I believe my knowledge and experience with the CAP metagame will enable me to effectively guide discussion and create a solid slate.

CAP 30's framework offers a unique process that I am very excited to see pan out, hopefully as part of the TLT. Although I've never directly led a CAP process before, I belive my experience with both the process and metagame more than make up for it. That being said, thank you for considering me for SL.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hi, I'm Lasen and today I am applying for SL for CAP 30. My preference is Stats>Typing>Ability>Movepool but I can flex around and make it work.

While I haven't been very hands on as far as process discussion goes on the forums, I do enjoy discussing it in the dedicated calls we have for it and watched the end of Miasmaw and the entirety of the Chromera discussion and weighed in for things like stats and movepool.

On the other hand, I am extremely involved in the CAP metagame and have been for the past year or so, despite me having contributions and tournament results from all the way back in 2019. I boast a solid record in most team tournaments, I am a manager in the currently running CAPPL and my contributions do not end there: member of the VR council, metagame innovator, currently running multiple projects such as Speed Tiers, Don't Use This, Use That!, Role Compendium, helped with the Set Compendium, I do in depth write-ups for metagame trends, I post I post a lot of unexplored and yet viable cores in the "Good Cores" thread, helped create most of the resources in ORAS CAP and part of the USM metagame council and 3k lines in the metagame channel of the discord. If you're even remotely interested in the metagame, my name will pop up sooner rather than later.
I also have been a top level Ubers player for the past decade or so, bringing in cross metagame knowledge.

I am obviously a people's person, having dragged a lot of people out of their shell and into the world of voice calling on discord and tried helping get into the CAP room process and metagame in the PS room.

My strong point is a most competitive lens and I think this can be a breath of fresh air for CAP 30. I am willing to shed my inhibitions and create something brand new that steps out of our comfort zone - just like I am doing by signing up for the position of SL. I look forward to working with all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)