Eviolite

But Shelgon? It had a niche in Gen IV UU, what about with Eviolite?

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I think Shelgon, or, more likely, Dragonair, might give Altaria serious competition for its niche as a UU Bulky Dragon Dancer once Gen V UU is established. They have better offensive stats and can compete with its bulky thanks to Eviolite, and Dragonair has Shed Skin, which can help set up sweepers by letting them get rid of status without switching out.

Shelgon @ Eviolite
252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpD, Careful
Wish
Protect
Toxic
Dragon Tail

334/354/327 defenses aren't anything special, but I guess you could play around with its resistances (which is why it's specially bulky).

Shelgon @ Eviolite
Wish
Protect
Toxic
Dragon Tail

334/354/327 defenses aren't anything special, but I guess you could play around with its resistances (which is why it's specially bulky).

>aren't anything special

Lol
That's like.. Gothitelle's HP, 50 more Defense, and like 120 more SpDef (Stat-wise at level 100).. And Gothitelle is bulky, at least mine is in Random Matchup.

But anyways, I've used Eviolite Dusclops, and it still doesn't take hits too well :L Cofagrigus outclasses it IMO, but I guess Dusclops will do well in UU when it's made. Also, I used a P-2 back in Gen 4, and it took like every hit possible, so I'm excited to try him out with Evio on my Random Matchup Singles team, alongside Stunfisk, Cofagrigus, Ferrothorn, lots of bulky pokes :P and Eviolite also really helps with the "No duplicate items" rule in Flat-battles.

Shelgon @ Eviolite
Wish
Protect
Toxic
Dragon Tail

Shelgon can't learn dragon tail (it has no tail).

Looking at Evolite and it's possibilities I don't see a reason for it to be banned. It's already been said, but using evolite doesn't make any unevolved pokemon "better" than it's evolved form. Not wholly anyway. Evolite creates a different idea behind some pokemon, like Porygon 2, where Porygon Z is a pokemon better suited to attempts at special sweeping, Porygon 2 becomes a wall. Pokemon like Tangela and Gligar whose evolved forms are also walls don't "improve" with this, they change. You get equal or improved defensive stats at the cost of the reduced HP and offensive stats, which changes how you would want to play them.

Example is Tangela, base 55 attack, Tangrowth base 100, which would you prefer using power whip with?

None the less, Evolite adds more options for Originality and playability for pokemon some people may prefer. I still have friends, and do myself, build teams out of pokemon I like, rather than pokemon that meet the Meta game for casual games, or tournaments I take part in offline for fun.

On another note, was it 100% verified that evolite gives a 50% bonus to ALL unevolved pokemon, or just stage 1 pokemon and gives stage 2 pokemon 30%?

If anything, I'd say Eviolite is just a douchebag item. Goddamnit Game Freak, just let me kill this Magneton

On another note, was it 100% verified that evolite gives a 50% bonus to ALL unevolved pokemon, or just stage 1 pokemon and gives stage 2 pokemon 30%?

50% for everybody and, unfortunately, Phione isn't a pre-evo.

I think that this item could be a waste to pokemon who try to be bulky because in the b/w metagame i see a lot of trickers

Gamefreak really shouldn't have let Eviolite work on formerly fully evolved Pokemon (e.g. Porygon2), since they seem to be causing most of the problems here.

Gamefreak really shouldn't have let Eviolite work on formerly fully evolved Pokemon (e.g. Porygon2), since they seem to be causing most of the problems here.
Formerly fully evolved Pokemon using Eviolite aren't problems. They're decent non-standard OU-viable Pokemon, nothing more. Through them, the metagame becomes more diverse as a result of Eviolite, if only slightly. It's the only impact Eviolite has on the OU metagame, and it's indisputably positive.

We don't yet know what impact it might have on UU. However, there's no evidence to suggest that it will do anything problematic there with formerly fully-evolved Pokemon, either, while it seems likely to do far more to increase versatility there, where the threat level is lower. If something like Porygon2 or Dusclops turns out to be an overpowered stalling machine in UU, then it will be dealt with, but at the moment, there's no reason to expect that it will.

I am interested to see how it will effect speedy attackers like Scyther or Electabuzz. Scyther even has the same BST as Scizor but with the Evolite hits some pretty crazy stat totals. Lack of Life Orb will hurt its damage output. But it can still Outspeed alot with his 105 spd and 70/80/80 defenses are not too shabby with Evolite boosting them by 50%. A bulky Baton Pass set could work with SD/Arial Ace/Bug Bite/BP.

Ive been using mine on a Porygon2 lead using Toxic, Recover, Tri Attack and Thunderbolt. SO far its been quite sucessful, except when someone swtiched the Eviolite with the Choice Band as a trick move...

I bulked up a Porygon2 I bred for Defense and HP (it had a nature working toward Sp. Def) and distributed EVs pretty evenly among the defenses (most in HP, I believe) and it was easily taking hits from things far superior in terms of level... my favorite example is a level 65 Darmanitan using Superpower and taking it down to about 20% health... while it was at level 43... in-game or not, that was crazy... my P-2 <3s eviolite... it'd probably smack anything that'd try to take it...
Recover is amazing... the only issue I'm having is a last move-slot; I'm running trick room on it, and Toxic is almost mandatory, so I only have one place for an attacking move... Tri-Attack is wonderful, but Charge Beam has its benefits, both can be walled pretty easy... any suggestions?

I bulked up a Porygon2 I bred for Defense and HP (it had a nature working toward Sp. Def) and distributed EVs pretty evenly among the defenses (most in HP, I believe) and it was easily taking hits from things far superior in terms of level... my favorite example is a level 65 Darmanitan using Superpower and taking it down to about 20% health... while it was at level 43... in-game or not, that was crazy... my P-2 <3s eviolite... it'd probably smack anything that'd try to take it...
Recover is amazing... the only issue I'm having is a last move-slot; I'm running trick room on it, and Toxic is almost mandatory, so I only have one place for an attacking move... Tri-Attack is wonderful, but Charge Beam has its benefits, both can be walled pretty easy... any suggestions?

My set is T-wave/Recover/Magic Coat (or Thunderbolt)/Ice Beam

A Trick Room/Toxic Eviolite P-2 buffed in HP and Defense? With only one attack move?

...What?

I have few to no good Pokemon for setting up Trick room, and I run it with Recover and Toxic, attacking moves generally don't do enough, but it isn't hard to wall toxic either, nor is it fast acting on its own. The HP and Defense were IVs that I had Dittos for, but I mostly balanced the defenses as much as possible... It can stall fine, but the one moveslot is the one I'm having issues with. Dropping Toxic or Recover for a second move would both have consequences... and Trick Room is one of the utilities I've been trying to get.

Evolite can be pretty annoying on Porygon 2, thats the most effective abuser I think. But what really kills the Evolite users is Knock Off. Stick Knock Off on a poke who can learn it and it can really mess up Evolite users since after the defense boosts are lost, it wont be hard to kill.

Back