HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Watch this be Pokemon Snap DSi using the DSi Camera function. Wouldn't that make you guys cry?

I think it's a pretty good bet that this is a DSi money grab.
The point of a money grab is to make money. This is a DS game. Not DSi. It will more likely than not have DSi features that will not be available when played on a regular DS, but you're crazy if you think Nintendo is going to go with a 5 million or so userbase instead of 100 million for a freaking POKEMON remake.

Wow. All the love for Soul Silver?

I like Heart Gold myself to be honest.

Stealth Rock doesn't affect the in-game Ho-oh's pure awesomeness!!!

Fire Blast/Flash/Giga Drain/Fly...
Ah, the good old days :D

I'm plannin on gettin HeartGold (if and when it eventually gets here)

The availability of Gligar and Ursaring swing it for me. While Lugia's probably more useful than Ho-oh, you can catch one at level 70 anyway. With heart scale's there's nothing to miss out on anymore really!

I'm planning to get Heart Gold, I don't get why the name is really that bad, I love it. I am Stealth Rock's worst enemy, I hate it :/

Stealth Rock killed Ho-oh...

I don't like the fact that they are being released so early >.<
I still have to wait 6 days to get my copy of Platinum when all you americans have had Platinum for months... I think they should wait another half a year or so, because us Aussies and Europeons need a year to enjoy plt. too, it's kinda unfair on us because we'll have to wait for months after america to get heart gold and soul silver...

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't like the fact that they are being released so early >.<
I still have to wait 6 days to get my copy of Platinum when all you americans have had Platinum for months... I think they should wait another half a year or so, because us Aussies and Europeons need a year to enjoy plt. too, it's kinda unfair on us because we'll have to wait for months after america to get heart gold and soul silver...
Lol, they will probably be coming out about this time next year in Australia. Next time, just get it off eBay, my plat only cost me about $25 Australian.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ho-Oh is cooler then Lugia so I'm going Heart Gold :), although the consonance makes Soul Silver's name better.

I'll grab me a copy of Heart Gold.

The main thing I am concerned with: Are they going to do that damn "3 years in the future" thing that they did in the first place? That bothered me spectacularly in the GSC games, but other then that I loved them with all my.. Heart. :\

Ho-oh >> Lugia. Screw walls.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
I am very excited for this. But i swear, if this is DSi im going to be so angry. Soul Silver, to relive the old days!

It's not DSi. The website says 【対応機種】 ニンテンドーDS.
Anyway, cool. But I wanted Snap 2, lol.

Well, I'll be getting Heart Gold regardless.

I'll be getting Heart Gold (since Gold was the version I picked up like 9 years ago).

I can't wait to re-visit Johto.

The main thing I am concerned with: Are they going to do that damn "3 years in the future" thing that they did in the first place? That bothered me spectacularly in the GSC games, but other then that I loved them with all my.. Heart. :\
I think this was the really cool thing about going back to Kanto - to see what had happened the last three years.

Also, Pokémon do have a set time-line, and if I'm not mistaken DPPt takes place at the same time as GSC (i.e. three years after RBY).

Woo-hoo! The titles are decent but if titles were what mattered I wouldn't have played Diamond or Pearl.

Definitely picking Silver all the same, as that was my choice all those years back. I still remember when my aunt brought over 1 Gold and 1 Silver and my sis and I chose which one we wanted. I picked Silver, she Gold, and we spent the whole night playing them. Doesn't seem like a big deal staying up the night now, but back then I was but a 12 year old.

All the same the release date can't come soon enough. I've only had Platinum for a little over a month now and some haven't got it at all, but this is GS. We're going back to Johto ^^

Also, I look forward to what the probable GS move tutors/changed learnlists add to the Metagame. Will Entei/Flareon finally get Flare Blitz? Will they let Blaziken join the big boy's club and get Close Combat? (I know he gets Superpower now but it is just not as good..) Who knows.. but it is all very exciting.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
This is fantastic news...I've marked the occassion by changing my avatar from the Yellow Marowak sprite to the Silver Marowak sprite. xD

AAAAAH! IT'S TRUE!

What a nice way to start the morning!

Absolutely incredible. Thank you Nintendo so much.

Edit: I'm sure that will also have some incredible music remixes in the game. Vs Lance anyone?

Great choice by Nintendo to remake the GSC generation. Lugia all the way...!

I'm also anticipating what they're going to do with the music, TheMantyke. I'm sure it will be amazing, considering the quality of the DPP soundtrack.

In like another 2 or 3 years I bet there'll be a RSE remake xD

I'm looking forward to getting Heart Gold or both, since even though I like Lugia lots, I'd rather get Ho-oh since i already have my XD Lugia but I don't have any Ho-oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)