HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapidash doesn't have a typical beak, so I doubt it would get Drill Peck. Fire types with Stone Edge is rare. Special Dratini with Thick Fat would be amazing, Dragonite would again have a niche in OU over Salamence(this time, even better than DD + Outrage, since Thick Fat helps way more than Intimidate).
Dragonite has Inner Focus, not Thick Fat.

If Mewtwo is confirmed in, I hope he's the primary focus of the Kanto section of the story. The Gyms are bland and pushovers by the time you get there, so I think it would be cool if each location has little bits of rumour or documentation about the old Rocket project to make the ultimate pokemon, Blaine's and Fuji's involvement, and then eventually lead up to finding out about the projects success, and the breaking out of the pokemon, and hunting it down in a curve.

Yeah i doubt lugia and ho-oh's "secret ability" is actually an ability but another role in the game. Most likely unlocking another legendary (lol this game is loaded).

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
If Mewtwo is confirmed in, I hope he's the primary focus of the Kanto section of the story. The Gyms are bland and pushovers by the time you get there, so I think it would be cool if each location has little bits of rumour or documentation about the old Rocket project to make the ultimate pokemon, Blaine's and Fuji's involvement, and then eventually lead up to finding out about the projects success, and the breaking out of the pokemon, and hunting it down in a curve.
I do too, but I'm not entirely sure how they'd work him (though I don't doubt there's a way)

I just checked on Crystal and the stretch of land that led to the Cave isn't even there - it's all water. I admit I don't know if the CC was coded into the game at first & later removed though. Still, I'm not going to discount the possibility that he can be found somewhere else in Kanto, but I'm not sure where you would find him.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
My expectations on HG SS:

-Ho-oh and Lugia got unique items
-Ho-oh gets Swords dance and Brave Bird
-Entei gets AT LEAST EQ, Howl/Bulk Up (last one preffered), Superpower and maybe Zen Headbutt somehow lol
-Flareon gets Flare blitz, Stone Edge, Iron Head, Crunch, Sucker Punch, Pursuit.
-Arcanine Stone Edge and maybe Earthquake
-Rapidash Drill peck, Earthquake, Stone Edge
-Special dratini from dragon den (or dratini in general) got a 2nd trait, when evolved to Dragonite it becomes Thick Fat :]

As you see IMO many fire pokemon physical moveset it's screwed up lol

jesus fucking christ yes. LEt riverside fix NU fire pokemon's movepools!

lol that'd be funny. But that glitch has been fixed since Emerald, so there shouldn't be any worry.

However it's gonna be a real pain to get good Dogs anyway, assuming that they are all released at the same time. For example, you get a Timid Raikou with good IVs but a Suicune with an undesirable nature and horrible IVs...what would you do? Soft reset? It seems the only way to get all three Dogs with desirable natures and good IVs is to play the game 3 times and focus on one particular Dog in each adventure...
No, you KO it and beat the E4 so it could respawn with a new nature and IVs... at least that's what you would do in Platinum.

In that game, KOing or running away from one-shot Pokemon would only make them disappear until you beat the E4, at which point it would reappear with new IVs and nature. I personally tested this with Mesprit in Platinum and it worked. Since HGSS are based on Platinum's engine, then it's pretty likely that this feature will carry over.

I do too, but I'm not entirely sure how they'd work him (though I don't doubt there's a way)

I just checked on Crystal and the stretch of land that led to the Cave isn't even there - it's all water. I admit I don't know if the CC was coded into the game at first & later removed though. Still, I'm not going to discount the possibility that he can be found somewhere else in Kanto, but I'm not sure where you would find him.
Indeed it was. Cerulean Cave, Pokemon Mansion, Safari Zone, and other Kanto locations were programmed into the Pokegear's map and still appear as text in GSC's coding. I have a feeling that these two games will have all the Kanto content that was originally intended to be in.

No, you KO it and beat the E4 so it could respawn with a new nature and IVs... at least that's what you would do in Platinum.

In that game, KOing or running away from one-shot Pokemon would only make them disappear until you beat the E4, at which point it would reappear with new IVs and nature. I personally tested this with Mesprit in Platinum and it worked. Since HGSS are based on Platinum's engine, then it's pretty likely that this feature will carry over.
Oh that's good, I don't have Platinum so I didn't know. However I do remember hearing this about the Regi trio a while back, I thought it was a glitch.

So this is Platinum only, or was D/P like that?

Cerulean Cave, Pokemon Mansion, Safari Zone, and other Kanto locations were programmed into the Pokegear's map and still appear as text in GSC's coding. I have a feeling that these two games will have all the Kanto content that was originally intended to be in.
I don't know if that's such a good thing. Cinnabar had been destroyed in GSC, whether or not that was the original plan. To change something in the remake as dramatic as whether or not an entire city exists or not would seem rather silly. We don't really need the Safari Zone either since there's the National Park and the Bug Catching Contest.

It doesn't take that much to render a new area. Once the chipsets are all designed and whatnot, they could easily recreate or simply make a brand new Cerulean Cave for Mewtwo to reside.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
No, you KO it and beat the E4 so it could respawn with a new nature and IVs... at least that's what you would do in Platinum
What. I thought it only worked for Giratina in Platinum?

And guys, did you forget the legendary birds in Platinum already? You release the three at the same time, so you in the end only soft-reset for one. It's not a difficult concept to grasp!

My expectations on HG SS:

-Ho-oh and Lugia got unique items <-- I think so as well.
-Ho-oh gets Swords dance and Brave Bird <-- SW is plausible
The two guys have already signature moves, don't forget that... so, items, move tutors, and that fantomatic new ability are the most plausible options... I hope thought, in Sword dance for Ho-Oh :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

-Entei gets AT LEAST EQ, Howl/Bulk Up (last one preffered), Superpower and maybe Zen Headbutt somehow lolgood
-Flareon gets Flare blitz, Stone Edge, Iron Head, Crunch, Sucker Punch, Pursuit.
-Arcanine Stone Edge and maybe Earthquake
-Rapidash Drill peck, Earthquake, Stone Edge
I don't think any of those will become real, they are already "good" for nintendo standards... maybe FLareon will get a new phisical move, that should be done in my opinion!

-Special dratini from dragon den (or dratini in general) got a 2nd trait, when evolved to Dragonite it becomes Thick Fat :]
If that happens, I'll die happy xD Think fat dragonite MAKE sense and we all want it!
Do it nintendo! :nerd:

And guys, did you forget the legendary birds in Platinum already? You release the three at the same time, so you in the end only soft-reset for one. It's not a difficult concept to grasp!
I didn't forget them.

I don't see what you're getting at with your post, cause the 'soft-reset for one' was the issue.

I'm pretty sure that the runners' IVs are set when you talk to them, and though they respawn upon beating the E4, the IVs are still the same... Did you check whether it had different IVs after respawning? If so, when would the new IVs be generated?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
?!?!?!

My freaking God!?! I just now realized you can get like almost every possible UUber that I personally loved back in the day in Gold and Silver?!?!

The Dogs, Dialga/Palkia/Giritana, Ho-Oh/Lugia...even rumors of Mewtwo?!

I really wasn't planning on buying this game whatsoever, because I'm turned off by constant needless remakes and versions, but this news actually peaked my interest! :D

I'm pretty sure that the runners' IVs are set when you talk to them, and though they respawn upon beating the E4, the IVs are still the same... Did you check whether it had different IVs after respawning? If so, when would the new IVs be generated?
I just tested the birds. When they "respawn" (when you talk to Oak again)they're also "rerolled". I imagine Mesprit and Cresselia would be the same.

Sorry for off-topic-ness, just pointing this out.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I didn't forget them.

I don't see what you're getting at with your post, cause the 'soft-reset for one' was the issue.
A issue that Game Freak doesn't really mind. In the end, it will be the same pain in the ass to get them as it was getting the birds in Platinum.

I just tested the birds. When they "respawn" (when you talk to Oak again)they're also "rerolled". I imagine Mesprit and Cresselia would be the same.

Sorry for off-topic-ness, just pointing this out.
Wait wait wait, what if I catch Zapdos, defeat the other two, and talk to Oak again? Will I get another chance to soft-reset for Moltres and Articuno, or will Oak ignore me?

Why many Pokemon get Peck but not Drill Peck:

Japanese Name for Peck: Jab

That's why so many horned Pokemon get it

but...

Japanese Name for Drill Peck: Drill Beak

That's why only Birds get it

They aren't stronger/weaker counterparts to each other, the only thing they have in Common in context is the Typing.

So I don't think Rapidash will ever get Drill Peck.

I'm particularly curious about the kind of Poke Ball the Lv. 1 Dragon Ubers come in, since players are able to tell that Diamond/Pearl/Platinum-caught dragons in a different kind of ball won't have the special moves. I'm no fan of revealing more information about my Pokemon in battle than I have to.
I believe the dragons are in eggs, and thus need to be hatched, and therefore they are in a pokeball.

Fire types with Stone Edge is rare.
Talking about fully evolved pokemon it's like 50/50, All the hoenn Fire types, 2/4 fire types from Johto learn it (Entei and Magcargo) and 2/3 Sinnoh Fire types learn it. Only kanto Fire types, Magmotar, Ho-oh and Houndoom can't learn it. IMO it may be, specially when some quadruped pokemon (like many fire types from Kanto) learn it also. (Tauros, Donphan, Absol, etc)

I can't think what this 'extra, special abillity' is. No doubt it will be something dum like ho-oh with the abillity sandstream XP. Welllll.... I don't think they will give him sandstream but you get my point. I really agree with what the guy at the top about the nu fire pokemon XP, it'd be good if the poor nu ice types got some goodies too like, tail glow for glaceon or earthpower for articuno. LOL imagine articunos ko'ing heatrans! X)

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Unless you do it without saving, that'd be rather difficult. If you catch any of the Legendaries/Ubers and release them, they won't come back after you've beaten the Elite 4. For the Birds, catching one and killing the others should cause the other two to respawn, but I can't test that without restarting my game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)