How often do you use profanity on a daily basis?

How often do you use profanity on a daily basis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use 'fuck' far too much.
To the point where it's part of my personality description.
'Oh you mean that Michael! The one that says 'FUCK' all the time!'
:)

But my Babygirl loves it so I don't give a fuuuuuuhck.
Also I love to spell it with an 'h' in it.
To add that uhhhhhh.
Fuhck.

And Fishy, my lady loves to talk about my cock.
She won't call it anything else. :O

This one time my Mom heard me say cock and she was like 'Don't you ever use that word again young man!'
SO I made her a giant list of cock involved words and phrases.
This list included 'Cock goblin.' :>

Pussy has to be my favorite vagina synonym.
Cunt comes in second because it insinuates a dirtiness to said vag.
And I think I've said 'twat' about four times out loud. In my entire life.
I think box is a retarded euphemism for a pussy.

Ohhhh and I fucking love to substitute situationally inappropriate swear words when I'm in pain!
Like 'What the dick?!' :)
Oooh ooh or 'Son of a fuuuuhck!'
One of mah faves. :D

In conclusion I'd say foul language is a large part of my lifestyle.

Unfortunately due to my colorful vocabulary, i've gained a bit of a negative reputation at school that will be very hard to overturn. ;( I've been a lot better about really bad words lately, but words like "crap", "shit," or small words like "screw" or "friggin" always slip out and offend people. I have no idea where my sailor mouth came from to be quite honest. I'm kinda screwed over because my school is a middle school and a high school (i'm a senior) so a lot of the sixth graders have picked up on my language... Oops!

I only say them when the time is right or when there is nothing to say.

Maria- I'm bor

Me- FUCK!

Maria- LOL

Me- I know :D

well for me it depends on the situation and the people im with. Like if im with my friends swearing is acceptable. If im with my family however, it isnt

Most of the times i use it. I try not to use it around my parents, even though they only Speak Spanish. They still somewhat understand it.

But when my brothers start acting up. I erupt cursing them out.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think we've gotten to the point where the thread is entirely "User: I swear THIS MUCH!", which isn't exactly something anyone wants to discuss or cares about.

All the time when not in the presence of a professional workplace or children.

It's society's standards that made the usage of it bad.

I don't really swear often, save for quoting or to convey the personality of some characters in my writing, but I don't have a problem with those who do. Like many others have said, they're just words. However, many people take it as impolite or vulgar, so I refrain from using them.

I swear in every language I know (3), but I only swear when I'm feeling really shitty and not with my parents. I particularly like Serbo-Croatian swear words...

Around friends, I tend to swear pretty often, but it's not often that I will call someone a rude name, and on most of those occasions it's a joke. In my opinion, swearing casually is fine as long as it's not ment to offend, and can often display emotions that other words struggle to. However, in certain situations (around family, superiors etc.) I try not to use profanities; the consequences can be severe.

I was raised to not swear until my mom started doing it a lot around me... lol, wonder what that's about...

Jedil

FUCK TIGER
cheese and sugar, i swear more than captkirby on his period.

okay I lied, i hardly ever swear except during mafia games

I've got to ask where in the Bible it says you can't say shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, etc.
Matthew 5:34. But i say unto you, swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

swear words are offensive only because people believe them to be. a word itself can not be offensive merely a person's interpretation of that word makes it as such.
i swear when i feel i need to swear. if i am telling a criminal to get down i'm not going to ask them to please get down. i will use the language they understand and tell them to get the fuck down in an extremely aggresive tone.
In japanese there are no swear words or words that are taboo. Only the manner in which a word or sentence is presented can be offensive.

cim

Matthew 5:34. But i say unto you, swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
So Jesus, thousands of years ago, advised the entire world that we should not use an intricacy of the English language we deem as "swearing", centuries before English became a language?

What does he mean by swearing? Don't vow to anything? Don't use some words that hadn't been fathomed yet?

So Jesus, thousands of years ago, advised the entire world that we should not use an intricacy of the English language we deem as "swearing", centuries before English became a language?

What does he mean by swearing? Don't vow to anything? Don't use some words that hadn't been fathomed yet?
why do I have the feeling that this could turn into a flame war?

cim

why do I have the feeling that this could turn into a flame war?
Because I don't think people taking strange, probably out of context Bible passages that mention a word that has many synonyms should be rationale to impose their moral code on themselves and others?

That being said, discussion and debate =/= flame war.

all i was doing was answering the question. i could really care less about any religous aspect to swearing. i condone swearing in moderation. when it replaces regular vocabulary it becomes a problem. that's all.

I go through phases. Sometimes when I get antsy/hyper/whathaveyou I swear when I'm trying to be really descriptive and/or I'm excited about something.

When I'm angry... obviously. When I was younger, I made a pact with myself that I wouldn't be one of those people who swore in every sentence, so that when I was REALLY pissed off, people would take it seriously when I cussed.
But that went 'meh' after I moved out of my parent's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)