International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrakion @ Chople Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Safeguard
- Rock Slide
- Sacred Sword

(Gingivitis) Virizion @ Fight Gem
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Protect
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Tornadus (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Prankster
- Protect
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Acrobatics

(Peonies) Thundurus (M) @ Electric Gem
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Randorosu (Landorus) (M) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Sand Force
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Explosion

Cobalion @ Focus Sash
- Quick Attack
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

This team attempted to do as much damage as possible exploiting the best pokemon allowable in this metagame. I took advice from my good friend muffinhead that the best pokemon would obviously be the pokemon with the highest dex numbers.

Any if anyone is curious about my team:

GetTheGirl the Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Sacred Sword

17th Place the Amoonguss (M) @ Coba Berry
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 76 HP / 164 Def / 12 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

WinWorlds the Tornadus (M) @ Flight Gem
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Tailwind

MZhengky the Thundurus (M) @ Electric Gem
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Protect

Cyberwong the Chandelure (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Flash Fire
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball

Coobertron the Jellicent (M) @ Water Gem
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SAtk / 100 Spd
- Water Spout
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Timid Max Speed Amoonguss + Adamant Choice Scarf Terrakion is the best.

Well my rating last night was around 1960 but thanks to the recent hax and DC'rs my rating officially stopped exactly at 1900. xD Still it was a fun tournament though! I got to try out a team I haven't used that much this season! :3

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
all three genies and dogs or whatever, ahahaha DAMN UNREALITY

just got kicked off after my last battle, my ranking was 1914? not sure after the last one, but I won!

I was using Whimsicott, Jellicent, Hydreigon, Archeops, Reuniclus, and Bisharp.

Battled through to the bitter end. (Solace: Until the time is up, I'll never give this up =D )

Awful end after all that, my good luck with dc'ers seemed to die out.
Was at 1731 with 44-19 but lost my last battle, not sure if it counted. I tried to stall out the tournament :P Hope it worked!

Well done to everyone who stayed true and refrained from dc'ing the whole way through. Look forward to not seeing Daniel and many others NOT on the leaderboard.

EDIT: Darn, stalling out the tournament didn't work. :P 1713 it is, then, from a peak of 1765 after the win against Greysong.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you try and connect to the tournament again it'll update your ranking. You can then use 'Check Digital Player ID' to see it.

Well, it's over, might as well post my team:

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
-Tailwind
-Encore
-Taunt
-Protect
Comments: Though it gets completely shut down if another Whimsicott wins the speed tie, it's basically the only thing that allowed me to win matches, Tailwind is win and Taunt screws over any chance of Trick Room or Thunder Wave, Encoring Fake outs was really amusing.

Cinccino @ Razor Claw (didn't have anything else, though now I love choosing it), codename "the genie troll/the hax goddess/the bane of Terrakion's existance/the ragequit inducer".
Trait: Technician
Nature: Jolly
-Bullet Seed
-Rock Blast
-Protect
-Safeguard
Comments: I didn't had much faith in this little girl when I picked her, but oh boy it proved me wrong, so many D/C she caused due to raging 1800 points idiots that underestimated her and lost their genies/Terrakion to her, Safeguard helped against Thunder Waves and Spores.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Modest
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse
-Fire Blast
-Protect
Comments: Once Tailwind was up, this thing just plowed through everything, other Hydreigons with choice scarf were the bane of his existance when not under Tailwind though.

Chandelure @ Choice Specs, codename "The Truck"
Nature: Timid
-Overheat
-Heat Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
Comments: His codename says everything, with Tailwind up, slamming the Heat Wave button was auto-win when the oppossing team lacked a Chandelure of his own.

Haxorus @ Haban Berry (never even activated it >.<)
Trait: Mold Breaker
Nature: Adamant
-Dual Chop
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Protect
Comments: Basically Hydreigon on the physical side, helped a lot against the genies when under Tailwind.

Volcarona @ Bug Gem, codename "The deadweight"
Trait: Flame Body
Nature: Timid
-Heat Wave
-Bug Buzz
-Rage Powder
-Protect
Comments: The codename said it all, this thing made me lose games unless it was against an in-game team, it's horrendously bad on this team, that's what I get for using my first serious RNG'ed Pokémon >.>

Well there it is, pretty awful and completely dependant on Tailwind to have any success, but they got me to 1751 and they were my first doubles team and firsts 5th Gen RNG'ed Pokémon so I love them anyways (minus Volcarona).

Rating: 1751
57 finished battles, 45W-12L, no D/C on my part besides 1 router hiccup, over 20 by other players at convenient times.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
He obviously sucks, i beat triple genie triple pony with sun at nats, and you know how terrible great sun is

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My team:

Thundurus@Charti Berry
4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Flying
Thunder Wave
Substitute

Usually led off with him. He would get a decent number of kills each match due to the prevalance of fighting-types who would try using Rock Slide on Thundurus. Thunder Wave was a good method to piss people off who tried using Tail Wind and gave me a lot of hax wins.

Musharna@Lum Berry
252 HP / 4 Def/ 252 SpA /
Safeguard
Psychic
Thunder Wave
Substitute

The only moves I ever touched were Safeguard and Psychic. Safeguard beats Amoonguss and Psychic does major damage against anything that doesn't resist it.

Terrakion@Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Sacred Sword
Close Combat

Sacred Sword and Close Combat seem redundant, but Close Combat was only used when I knew it would get a kill. Terrakion has decent bulk, so I didn't like to compromise that. Rock Slide is great, and so is Earthquake. Probably the MVP of this tournament. He would usually start off in the back, but if I see the opponent was majorly Fighting- and Rock-type weak, I'd start him.

Hydreigon@Chople Berry
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Substitute
Protect

I'd like to have invested more in HP, but beggars can't be choosers, since I got this off Muffinhead :3. Strong attacker, would use Sub whenever I predicted a Protect.

Conkeldurr@Flame Orb
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Rock Slide
Protect

Provided priority and a good method of attacking. Worked well against Trick Room teams.

Escavalier@Occa Berry
Some complicated spread given to me by Bluecookies that I cannot remember.
Iron Head
Megahorn
Substitute
Protect

My counter to Trick Room teams. Completely destroys Reuniclus, and Megahorn does major damage to almost anything, especially in Swarm range. Iron Head is a solid attack that does very respectable damage (almost KOing Conkeldurr). Substitute was mostly a filler, but it did help whenever they would protect, predicting a Megahorn, and I could get a Sub in.

Yes this team is pretty much a rehash of Ray's world team except for Musharna over Gothitelle. The EVs are different, and I suspect I used it a bit more differently than Ray did, looking at his matches. I would either adapt an all out offense against the opponent, or depending on his team, would be a bit more conservative. If I saw Hydreigon in his line up, I would preserve Thundurus or Musharna so I could get a Thunder Wave in, so that Hydreigon could later kill it (most carry Chople, so Close Combat wasn't really an option and I didn't want to risk it). People would usually DC once I killed both their guys at the same time or Safeguard against their Spore with Musharna.

I'm so sad that its over :'(
Like it's weird how sad I am after my first tourney.

Mostly because I had so much potential, but with 80% of my battles ending in D/C'ing opponents lately... sigh...
Well, it was a good run, could have gone much better in my opinion if there were less D/Cs, and if I had less homework over the weekend :(
This was so much better than regular GBU. This was A TON of fun, I'm glad I could take part.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm so sad that its over :'(
Like it's weird how sad I am after my first tourney.

Mostly because I had so much potential, but with 80% of my battles ending in D/C'ing opponents lately... sigh...
Well, it was a good run, could have gone much better in my opinion if there were less D/Cs, and if I had less homework over the weekend :(
This was so much better than regular GBU. This was A TON of fun, I'm glad I could take part.
Hi. You disconnected on me about an hour ago.

Infinity.Cypher

VGCPL Champion
Name: Jun
Battles: 42
Ranking: 1850+ points

http://www.youtube.com/juninfinity
Five of my battles (all had bad playing in it)

Team:
Miki (Whimsicott) (F) @ Mental Herb Trait: Prankster
- Tailwind
- Safeguard
- Encore
- Grass Knot

Fried Rice (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 76 HP / 100 Atk / 220 Def / 4 SDef / 108 Spd
- Close Combat
- Sacred Sword
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

MOSQUITO! (Chandelure) (F) @ Charti Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SAtk / 100 Spd
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Imprison

PinoyPride (Mienshao) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Inner Focus
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide
- Wide Guard

Asian Fail (Archeops) (F) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Defeatist
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack
- Protect

GoonSquad (Hydreigon) (F) @ Chople Berry Trait: Levitate
EVs: 132 HP / 4 Def / 236 SAtk / 4 SDef / 132 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Terrakion set so beast. Hits like a boss, and is 2hkoed by sacred sword max attk jolly terrakion, and max attk no guts drain punch conkeldurr. When paralyze, hits 53 spe to outspeed neutral 12 spe ev amoonguss

MVP: EVERYONE

I'm new to Smogon, so i thought i'd make my first post about this tournament!
I'd rather not divulge into detail about what EV's my Pokémon have, partly because i'm as lazy as Snorlax, but my team consisted of:

Musharna
Conkldurr
Bisharp
Amoonguss
Hydreigon
Bouffalant

Overall i had 17 battles, lost 3 of them and had about 4 D/Cs, ended up with 1661 points! I had work so i couldn't really do much about my score, but oh well!

Also, a quick mention about this "Daniel" some people are talking about, yes, it is "danielacorn" on PO servers, he is my friend IRL and over the 4 days of the tournament, he was with me at my house playing people online, as he decided not to go to university at all (foolish move but hey, he's dedicated!) He did say he disconnected with one player before the match started. Apparently they have commented on here, the reason he D/Ced was because he previously battled and won against them, and they D/Ced, and he felt he didn't want to play against them if they were going to be a poor sportsman. There may have been times when the game disconnected, but he didn't do it on purpose, because it happened to me too, as my internet can be pretty rubbish at times, and it was happening earlier today, so i'm sorry, that was kinda my fault!

Cheers friends!

Rating: 2082

Number of Battles: 137
Battles Won: 136
Battles Lose: 1
Disconect Oponents: +50
I Disconect: 4 ( 3 errors of conexions), a problem? Fuking crazy :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)