ITT we poorly describe popular movie plots and other people try to guess them

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
This thread turned out way better than I expected :O
I was going to make my first official moderation duty locking this thread, but if people are still enjoying it, I guess I'll let it sit.

There is nothing hard about reading what happened in a movie and then saying the name of it.

God, seeing DM but not DM* is so disconcerting, you know that, right?!?!

Stone's 1) (pie eating) is Stand by Me, maybe?

I was going to make my first official moderation duty locking this thread, but if people are still enjoying it, I guess I'll let it sit.

There is nothing hard about reading what happened in a movie and then saying the name of it.
More importantly than that there is nothing ENTERTAINING about it.

Rebellious youth runs away from home for a man she barely even knows, undergoes a procedure to make her more appealing to him; life threatening complications ensue.

EDIT: Forgot to say, Gladiator got my last one right, it was Star Wars

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
JimBob your one about the hackers freeing slaves is pretty obviously the Matrix. Pretty sure someone guessed it too.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
elderly man moves to south america but then moves back to become a grandfather
Probably Up also

4 friends get into dept with an underworld boss, but when their drug dealing neighbors try to steal some weed, the friends decide to buy a pair of non-lethal shotguns from their debtor's future possession and steal the weed, only to have it replaced by a pile of dead bodies.

Wolverine plays rock-em-sock-em

2 plumbers are sucked into an alternate universe where they fight dinosaurs

A self-aware piece of jewelry causes several wars

"These dudes are fighting in the street but the one that loses actually wins because he wanted to lose so he could win later but he lost in the end anyways"

Fight Club?

Probably Up also

4 friends get into dept with an underworld boss, but when their drug dealing neighbors try to steal some weed, the friends decide to buy a pair of non-lethal shotguns from their debtor's future possession and steal the weed, only to have it replaced by a pile of dead bodies.

Wolverine plays rock-em-sock-em

2 plumbers are sucked into an alternate universe where they fight dinosaurs

A self-aware piece of jewelry causes several wars

Pineapple express?

Real Steel

Mario Bros movie

Lord of the Rings??

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1 black men, and 2 white men are shot and killed. FBI use unorthodox methods to find out who did it.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

You're still only posting plot synopses. YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT.

1 black men, and 2 white men are shot and killed. FBI use unorthodox methods to find out who did it.
I'm probably wrong, but this is totally Mississippi Burning

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

You're still only posting plot synopses. YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT.

I'm probably wrong, but this is totally Mississippi Burning
How the fuck did you know that was my trump card

A man dies, and he meets a girl who wants to go back to life, meets his ex along the way.
Wristcutters? If so, yeah, pretty neat movie. :)

So, trying to describe a movie's plot without actually stating the plot. Okay... How's this?

An orange-garbed teenager attempts to drive away from a terrorist ambush, and by doing so, he winds up in a situation that begins to change his life. Only by teaming up with a recently-diseased older friend can he preserve his well-being. (Auramaster got it.)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
After consuming veggies on a deity's digit, two kids are granted protection from lethal reptiles.

RedMeowth said:
An orange-garbed teenager attempts to drive away from a terrorist ambush, and by doing so, he winds up in a situation that begins to change his life. Only by teaming up with a recently-diseased older friend can he preserve his well-being.
Back to the Future. Disguise it as best you can, so anything that would be obvious to someone who's seen the movie (orange-garbed teenager, self-aware piece of jewelry, etc.) should be replaced with something less obvious (guitar player, metal weapon, etc.) and the ideal result is that anyone who's seen the movie still has to think about it for a while before figuring it out.

Birkal said:
After consuming veggies on a deity's digit, two kids are granted protection from lethal reptiles.
Holes

Any guesses for mine from the last page?

Two new ones:

-a physically disabled man unsuccessfully tries to fit into society after years of seclusion

-a kid drops out of school for bigger and more important things in his life, and is supported by many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)