League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
cloudtemplar and saintvicious true bros, he wasnt lying when he said that.

was entertaining at least and frost played so much better with gbm which is all i really cared about. oh well back to work.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
man I really wish we could just send 6 Korean teams and only 1 NA team and 1 EU team, does anyone really care about watching a bunch of pasties get beat in 20 minutes?? it's gonna be sad to have no Madlife at worlds but there's a ton of other good Korean teams too, and up-and-coming teams don't really have a chance due to the circuit points. I mean imagine if crapbag TSM got grandfathered into a spot at LCS because they won the spring split when we all know what will really happen is they get 2-0'd by CLG.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
should be interested to see how c9 fares against the koreans, no other team probably has a chance though

mafa is looking like the next madlife anyways, i'm not too sad to see the latter knocked out this year especially after his nami games ~_~

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'd actually prefer seeing more NA EU teams because having too many korean teams would produce nothing more than what ogn has currently. At least this gives other countries a chance, and if nothing else, a good stomping. Besides, nobody expected TPA to win last year - it was either m5 or azf. We also saw gambit take down both azubu teams earlier this spring after losing to Curse. Anything can happen, as unlikely as it may be, especially given how much the Koreans have improved over the summer, but it's probably not super one sided.

Honestly despite the very crisp plays we've seen from the korean teams, I think they're a bit overhyped. It's great that every other region is looking up to them to enhance their play, but if they aren't willing to have faith in themselves then they'll forever remain in the shadow of the Koreans and never improve. And then when korea completely takes control of league it'll probably not be fun anymore.

it's gonna be sad to have no Madlife at worlds but there's a ton of other good Korean teams too, and up-and-coming teams don't really have a chance due to the circuit points.
frost can still make it to worlds they just have to win regionals and they get the 3rd seed their competition is skt1, blaze, and either ozone or bullets, however.

mafa is looking like the next madlife anyways, i'm not too sad to see the latter knocked out this year especially after his nami games ~_~
are you talking about KTB mafa or MVPO mata because they're both great supports

Honestly despite the very crisp plays we've seen from the korean teams, I think they're a bit overhyped. It's great that every other region is looking up to them to enhance their play, but if they aren't willing to have faith in themselves then they'll forever remain in the shadow of the Koreans and never improve. And then when korea completely takes control of league it'll probably not be fun anymore.
korea may honestly get taken by surprise by foreign metas (especially if they don't prepare properly). we've yet to see aatrox in OGN whereas he was picked or banned nearly 90% of the time in the EU playoffs. nobody in OGN plays ashe+zyra (or even just ashe, as a matter of fact) meaning that C9 has quite a good shot at taking a game or two. china is pulling out weird picks ALL OVER THE PLACE: misaya's mid sion, tabe's support annie, some team that loves running support pantheon, some team that spams rengar top, etc. nobody also really pays attention to TeSL so TPS could actually be ridiculously strong and may destroy everyone just like TPA did last year.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
i think the only non azn team that has even an iota of a chance of winning is gambit, because when they are on they are really fuckin on. but no edward will probably hurt them

Lavos

Banned deucer.
@Jebus McAzn i was referring to KTB mafa but i agree mata's also really good :) korea and their usernames

rodan what about c9 or do they not have enough asians

man I really wish we could just send 6 Korean teams and only 1 NA team and 1 EU team, does anyone really care about watching a bunch of pasties get beat in 20 minutes?? it's gonna be sad to have no Madlife at worlds but there's a ton of other good Korean teams too, and up-and-coming teams don't really have a chance due to the circuit points. I mean imagine if crapbag TSM got grandfathered into a spot at LCS because they won the spring split when we all know what will really happen is they get 2-0'd by CLG.
:mad:. This is the WORLD championships not the KOREAN circle jerk championships. Do you know why New Zealand qualified for the World cup? Because its the WORLD cup. Madlife might not make it? Well same can be said for Froggen, who happens to be Madlife's favourite player.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
ah clearly you do not go on irc to see my complaints about how bad fnatic is and how eg should've gone to worlds. fnatic trash team about to leave 0-3 sucknoobs. lemondogs will choke on the world stage 100% pressure too much. gambit isn't the same without Edward, genja's true love, will never work out.

na teams to go 0-9 or whatever combination of losses they can muster except clg will cheese fnatic out of a win in true backdoor-the-Spaniard form.

ya it's world championship, no world tournament is ever truly competitive

best team will win and it will be a great match, we just have to wade knee-deep through a pile of shit before we get any good games

Who even cares, Krepo isn't going. I was sad MaKNooN wouldn't get to reunite with his CLG.EU bros, but now none of them are attending so I'm just going to be emo all worlds.

I don't really care to see which region is more dominant or whatever anymore, I'm more interested in the different metas meeting and seeing how the regions react to each others' picks, which is something I missed a lot about international competition.

Oh and rip RapidStar =/ I wanna see Frost go to Worlds as well, so I guess our hopes now ride on Ganked By Mom.

ah clearly you do not go on irc to see my complaints about how bad fnatic is and how eg should've gone to worlds. fnatic trash team about to leave 0-3 sucknoobs. lemondogs will choke on the world stage 100% pressure too much. gambit isn't the same without Edward, genja's true love, will never work out.

na teams to go 0-9 or whatever combination of losses they can muster except clg will cheese fnatic out of a win in true backdoor-the-Spaniard form.
Man you are pessimistic. I worry for Fnatics' split pushing strategy, but I think they will take a few games in the group stage. This won't pan out like S2 championships, but I don't think you should bother watching since you already know what is going to happen.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I will be rooting for my Russian comrades per usual.

I put alot of effort into this photoshop btw.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Who even cares, Krepo isn't going. I was sad MaKNooN wouldn't get to reunite with his CLG.EU bros, but now none of them are attending so I'm just going to be emo all worlds.

I don't really care to see which region is more dominant or whatever anymore, I'm more interested in the different metas meeting and seeing how the regions react to each others' picks, which is something I missed a lot about international competition.

Oh and rip RapidStar =/ I wanna see Frost go to Worlds as well, so I guess our hopes now ride on Ganked By Mom.
Ganked By Mom 2013 I believe, and yeah there is going to be a lot of pressure on him at KR regionals. I am really looking forward to KR regionals more than OGN finals. All killer teams going to battle it out for that last spot, gonna be redic. I just really hope one of the CJ teams manages to win somehow, but on the other hand Cpt Jack tears.....

Oh and Fnatic isn't playing group stages, they are skipping to quarter finals where they will most likely lose 1-2 or 1-3, not sure what format it is for quarters.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
maybe im misreading this but werent byes only handed out to teams that won something @allstar? (by that I mean every region except EU).

fnatic is playing groupstages like every other EU team

in other recent world news, gamania bears beat TPS earlier today in the taiwan regionals meaning that they get a group stage bye at worlds and get seeded directly into the quarterfinals

ignore what i said about TPS catching people by surprise at worlds because they're not going :(

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Hashtags still only functioning in our hearts unfortunately.

#hashtagcashmoneyflow @jumpluff is a #hashtagbutt

Also, TPS looked completely outclassed by Gamania Bears last night from what I watched, so while TPS may have made some splashes the Bears may be able to make some similar if not bigger splashes themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)