League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

I don't disagree that IE is an excellent item but I personally hate building BT late-game. The full 100 AD and 20 Life Steal is great for Early-Mid where outlasting the fight is crucial. As I see it an early Last Whisper is like a Death Cap for ranged AD. The 46% Armor Pen cuts their defense into almost half. At that point in the game bruisers and tanks are between 100-150 defense. So averaging this 125 or after pen ~ 60 Armor or ~30% damage increase.

Some of my numbers may be exaggerated.. maybe not.
I generally find that having a vamp scepter combined with IE gives me more than enough lifesteal to last through the mid-game, and it isn't until the late-game when you need to keep up with the enemy team's DPS that more and more lifesteal from BT becomes important.

I also feel like Last Whisper as a first, second, and occasionally even a third item is outclassed by a lot of other options, unless the entire enemy team has managed to stack a lot of armor by the 26 minute mark. IE+PD is usually core, and for good reason.

pookar

Banned deucer.
boots
2dorans
start building IE and finish it
start pd with zeal, optional vamp sceptor
finish pd
buy lw
buy executioners calling
buy GA
boots/ie/pd/lw/EC/ga

only build youll ever need

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
so solo queing placement matches was the worst experience ive ever had, people had no concept of basic mechanics of the game. I was lucky if people knew how to cs and not auto attack the wave into tower. I got to duo queue for my last 4 matches and saved myself from going below 1200 elo.

I don't disagree that IE is an excellent item but I personally hate building BT late-game. The full 100 AD and 20 Life Steal is great for Early-Mid where outlasting the fight is crucial. As I see it an early Last Whisper is like a Death Cap for ranged AD. The 46% Armor Pen cuts their defense into almost half. At that point in the game bruisers and tanks are between 100-150 defense. So averaging this 125 or after pen ~ 60 Armor or ~30% damage increase.

Some of my numbers may be exaggerated.. maybe not.
Bloodthirster...why not simply get Executioner's Calling late game then? The crit rate synergizes with IE and it doesn't have to be farmed up...

Scarlett looks like Kat in your avy. Did you win?

I've had a few people in champ select suggest Galio support and I just have to scratch my head. Galio needs gold and MR. Why out him in a lane against AD and not give him gold?

Scarlett looks like Kat in your avy. Did you win?

I've had a few people in champ select suggest Galio support and I just have to scratch my head. Galio needs gold and MR. Why out him in a lane against AD and not give him gold?
This was a custom game that I did with nine of my friends. Everyone was trolling around that game. I didn't first pick Kat, I first picked Nunu for my friend who wanted to go top. Anyway, they pick Naut/Malph/Mao/Galio and I'm just like "Fuck it, baylife, playing Kat anyway."

Anyway, our Nunu has to go eat dinner ten minutes in so he leaves, our Ezreal, who's playing on hotel wifi, mind you, D/Cs a few times in the course of the game, and when both come back like 30 minutes in, we still have a very big shot at winning because Vayne is fed to hell and I'm doing really well too. We're bored, though, and decided it'd be too much effort so we ended up surrendering.

There were three more inhouses after that though and I stomped as Kat.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Real men ult with Kat whenever they feel like it.

Also jungle Ezreal works, grab red buff and level 2 gank like Lee Sin does except it's easier because you're ranged. Also Q procs Wriggles and you have global presence.

My favourite ranged jungler is twisted fate. Decent clear times with a good leash, strong ganks before level 6 and insane ganks afterwards, and strong poke for teamfights. Only problem is, he's super-squishy and has no innate sustain (yay for wriggles+phage). On the plus side, he has no problems giving blue to his mid!

I've been gaining so much free ELO off playing Janna over the past week. IMO she is the best support for soloQ (not so much for arranged 5s where Blitz and Leona are stronger) simply because she has so much CC and great mechanisms for saving derps from themselves. She's also great because she can be adapted well to how the carry plays, as opposed to Soraka who is only a healbot or Leona who is worthless with a passive carry.

EDIT: I feel good today

3 triples, 2 quadras, and 1 penta. Lanesticks+mumu+sona too stronk

My favourite ranged jungler is twisted fate. Decent clear times with a good leash, strong ganks before level 6 and insane ganks afterwards, and strong poke for teamfights. Only problem is, he's super-squishy and has no innate sustain (yay for wriggles+phage). On the plus side, he has no problems giving blue to his mid!
I used to jungle urgot. He was decent then, ganks were stronger, but he was slow without blue. I'm not sure if he still works.

I was in that game that skarm has above this post. We had a great combo set up, as well as an agreement that is I hold them down, while his crows shred them to pieces.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I jungle Gragas. It's legit. Ganks are good pre-6 and he can sustain through his passive. He doesn't need blue as much as you'd think after you back for double dorans either. When you hit 6 your ganks become almost unstoppable.

my fave amumu build path when i'm having an exceptional time ganking

philo>boots 1>codex>tabi>grail>vest>wota>zhonya's

you can sit there with your despair going off while untargettable after you land a good Q>R and the damage adds up

wota can be replaced by rylai's depending on what form of health you want or how much your team needs the aura or slow

all in all he feels really powerful when he works, and the ratio nerfs aren't that bad

i dunno what the MR threshhold for abyssal vs void on amumu is since he has pretty fucking awesome innate MR shred, but you can top things off with one of the two

Jungle Morg and Jungle Cass are two things I have tried recently. Jungle Morg ganks are scary with her Q and impossible to get away from at 6. Plus if she gets zhonyas she does the same job. But I wouldnt do it, really slow and you dont get as farmed.
Now Jungle Cass on the other hand omg its awesome! You are pretty weak until 3 though(you need her q w e to clear) but once you too she can clear really fast. Needs a constant blue though. Ganks hard with Q speed up and W slow. Again wouldnt really recommend it in game but for fun its actually really effective.

I jungle Gragas. It's legit. Ganks are good pre-6 and he can sustain through his passive. He doesn't need blue as much as you'd think after you back for double dorans either. When you hit 6 your ganks become almost unstoppable.
Gets *destroyed by virtually every jungler.

Jungle Morg and Jungle Cass are two things I have tried recently. Jungle Morg ganks are scary with her Q and impossible to get away from at 6. Plus if she gets zhonyas she does the same job. But I wouldnt do it, really slow and you dont get as farmed.
Now Jungle Cass on the other hand omg its awesome! You are pretty weak until 3 though(you need her q w e to clear) but once you too she can clear really fast. Needs a constant blue though. Ganks hard with Q speed up and W slow. Again wouldnt really recommend it in game but for fun its actually really effective.
No.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
before you view the below image, please note that Jittery Bug is RODAN.

literally hardest carry ever. zyra cleared creeps when they got pushed and fed, she was a total br and did nothing.

ad sona. just call her kog'mayne because she is the new hypercarry.

MY TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO SUMMONER'S RIFT :D

It was on the PBE so yeah, but w/e, it was still 4v5. The Gangplank was full crit and took literally half of Yeti's health with a single crit Parrrley. Consequently, she was first blooded at level 1, but a timely gank from Walrein helped get things back on track. Also, every time Katarina tried to gank, she came through where I had a ward, so we went and killed her and got Yeti fed. Wards OP.

I bought Mercury's Treads THEN realised they had nothing worth purchasing Tenacity for, but I didn't want to buy new boots 2 and wanted a little MR anyway >_> Felt like I had to explain the image above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)