League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I remember getting the honorable opponent ribbon and then somehow losing it in less than a week...dunno how that happened. x.x

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
By the way Walrein can confirm i did my cypher on Monday but that my microphone sucks, so I'm waiting to get my better one fixed.

I played my first ranked game a few minutes ago.

It was a 3v3 team (The Mighty Urgots) with some good guys I encountered via normals.

We deliberated a teamcomp, communicated like bosses, and went in fully expecting a challenge.

...aaaaaaaand we faced a troll team that banned Soraka, Zilean, and Sona, picked Tristana, Eve, and MF, took Revive/Ghost on Eve and Trist (which they used to feed us 5 kills from the game's start), let me go 22/2/5 as a champ I picked from the free week rotation (Caitlyn), 2v1ed me and both MF and Trist died, and generally handed us the win on a silver platter.

I am surprisingly disappointed.

guys I ranked up into Silver Kassadin's Marauders! Also Akali seems really really strong now, especially with her passive buff letting her run hybrid penetration marks/quints. I can never really decide what to build after gunblade though, either I go rylais and can't burst their tanks or I go pure AP and then I'm too squishy O.o

guys I ranked up into Silver Kassadin's Marauders! Also Akali seems really really strong now, especially with her passive buff letting her run hybrid penetration marks/quints. I can never really decide what to build after gunblade though, either I go rylais and can't burst their tanks or I go pure AP and then I'm too squishy O.o
Nice, congratulations! Kassadin's Marauders is basically the Smogon league, haha. The system aims to pair you with friends, and I don't know if you have Smogoners friended or this was just a coincience, but most of the Smogoners who play together and are on each other's friends list (and are around that range) are in Kassadin's Marauders. You might recognise some names in the list?

Yeah, I noticed quite a few. My in-game name is PKring, but since I play a lot with IRL friends and ranked, I don't get much chance to play with smogoners. also timezones are gay

also nobody seems to idle in the smogon lol chatroom anymore i guess you use#tf2 but this is a new laptop ad i haven't installed mIRC yet and i'm rambling like a wreck

Most of my friends used to have the Honorable Opponent ribbon, but now they've all lost it. I guess people just don't bother to honour anymore, and the whole system was a small temporary solution to "toxic behaviour".

Most of my friends used to have the Honorable Opponent ribbon, but now they've all lost it. I guess people just don't bother to honour anymore, and the whole system was a small temporary solution to "toxic behaviour".

They made it so that the honorable opponent ribbon is more difficult to obtain (over 15% of the player base had it) and the other ribbons are easier to get (less than 1% of the player base had any of the other 3)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
also nobody seems to idle in the smogon lol chatroom anymore i guess you use#tf2 but this is a new laptop ad i haven't installed mIRC yet and i'm rambling like a wreck
Well sometimes all your options and chats and shit reset, then people just forgot or don't bother to rejoin because hey it's not like anyone ever talks in there anyway. ;[

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
So I don't get it. Riot wanted AP Nidalee to have an incentive to go into fights and they buffed Swipe's ap ratio. But at the same time, they took out Nid's cougar armor/mr. Given that AP nid isnt exactly tanky to begin with, is the 0.2 ap ratio increase on swipe really worth the armor/mr/mr per level loss (which, btw, (the MR part at least) is more than a Negatron's worth of stat loss)??

Also RIP HotshotnidaleeGG

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
LoL on macs now...but who cares. but they at least they made this awesome video for it!

[youtube]qbPuz48CFnw[/youtube]

Kayle will survive the nerfs I think. In fact, Jungle Kayle may appreciate the increased slow magnitude on Q at max rank. No MR/Level sucks, but Kayle was always the kind of champion that stayed in the back, guarded the carry, and hit the tank.

Tanky DPS Nidalee is dead though. She is literally a really shitty Riven now. Before, she at least had more tankiness and mobility (also was easier to get CDR on her). Now, she is LESS innately tanky than Riven, who at least has Valor.

Basically, Tanky DPS Nidalee is a troll pick now.

So I don't get it. Riot wanted AP Nidalee to have an incentive to go into fights and they buffed Swipe's ap ratio. But at the same time, they took out Nid's cougar armor/mr. Given that AP nid isnt exactly tanky to begin with, is the 0.2 ap ratio increase on swipe really worth the armor/mr/mr per level loss (which, btw, (the MR part at least) is more than a Negatron's worth of stat loss)??

Also RIP HotshotnidaleeGG
Well, they want people to have to make intelligent decisions about when to go in. Think of cougar form like playing any assassin-if you go in at a bad time there won't be enough of you left to bury. You want to poke with spears before and during the beginning of the fight, then go in to Cougar form to clean up stragglers or run away.

Well, they want people to have to make intelligent decisions about when to go in. Think of cougar form like playing any assassin-if you go in at a bad time there won't be enough of you left to bury. You want to poke with spears before and during the beginning of the fight, then go in to Cougar form to clean up stragglers or run away.
I'm making the intelligent decision to never pick Tanky DPS Nidalee again. Cause she's just not worth it anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)